Writing home;; Open - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Writing home;; Open - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Writing home;; Open

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Writing home;; Open - Page 2 Empty Re: Writing home;; Open

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Ben nodded, listening to Daniel's advise. "Yeah, that's what I often do, overstudy and forget everything, so I try not to study so much." he said, thinking of past experiences that hadn't made his teachers very pleased. He didn't enjoy studying either, so it was a good all-round option for him, really.

Ben was glad Daniel offered to coach him, it would help him loads. He even seemed to be excited about it. "Yeah, I'm determined to get on this year, if not next year. I've always loved watching Quidditch and I want to be able to play it rather than watch it now." he told Danile, implying that he'd been a Quidditch fan for a while, which he had, growing up in a traditional wizarding household. "What position do you play?" he asked his friend.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:47 am

Yeah, that's what I often do, over study and forget everything, so I try not to study much. Daniel inhaled sharply and shrugged his shoulders at him laughed a bit. "It bloody boring anyway, and such a waste of time if you had studied to hard then later you've forgotten it all" he let another quiet laugh escape his lips, Daniel never quiet liked studying so he merely do much of his homework but only did them if they were easy enough for him

Yeah, I'm determined to get on this year, if not next year. I've always loved watching Qudditch and I want to be able to play it rather then watch it now. Daniel was looking forward to teaching the boy it'll be a new open door to him something he would feel proud of. "Alright, we'll start maybe after the exams are over and i'll probably bring a couple of friends over. I will look foward to this," he replied, smiling at him then heard him asked 'What position do you play?'. "Oh, the trail hasn't started yet. I'm hoping to go for the seeker position" he told him, cheerily and happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:39 am

Ben smiled as Daniel laughed, he wasn't particularly bothered if it was at him or with him, he just smiled either way. "Yeah, I'd rather just hang out with my friends, at least that's fun." he replied. He probably sounded really dumb, but he didn't really care anymore.

Ben was excited at the prospect of some older students teaching him. He would become great in no time! He would love to have something he excelled at, as he didn't have anything like that so far. "Yeah, that sounds great." he replied enthusiastically. Something to look forward to, he thought. He could really use that at the moment, to get him through this time period. "I'm not sure what position I want to play. I'll have a look at what positions are already taken before I decide on anything, I guess." he told Daniel, going through all of the Quidditch positions in his head, trying to decide what he would be best at. He liked the sound of a Seeker, but he knew it was very hard. "A Seeker sounds cool." he added.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:57 am

Yeah, I'd rather just hang out with my friends, at least that's fun. Daniel let a soft misty laugh escape his lips and placed a hand on the boy shoulder and shook him gently. "Your a funny little kid" he complimented him, in a good way of course. "I rather do the same, it tons of fun then exams" he told him coughing laughing this time then stopped if it offended him.

Yeah, that sounds great. Daniel nodded calmly and pursed his lip at the boy still with a cheerful expression, he loved the idea of teaching someone younger then him about something they both loved doing. "Definitively" he said suddenly. I'm so sure what position I want to play. I'll have a look at what position are already taken before I decide on anything -- A seeker sound cool. Daniel couldn't miss the enthusiasm he saw in the young boy eyes and couldn't help but chuckle at him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Ben smiled. Again, he wasn't sure whether the laughter was good or bad but he didn't let it bother him either way, he was quite an easy-going person. He laughed at the comment at being a funny kid though. He wasn't exactly ordinary, that was for sure. He was glad Daniel thought the same as him though. "When do the exams finish?" he asked, wondering when the school would go back to normal. As normal as it ever was.

Ben was glad that Daniel seemed to want to teach him, he didn't want to force him to do so if he didn't want to. He kept chuckling, though Ben assumed this was a good thing. He didn't read into anything that much. "Sounds good. Can't wait until the exams are over." he replied, cheerfully. it was then he noticed that Daniel was in the middle of writing a letter. "Did I disturb you?" he asked, feeling bad that he might have.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:20 am

When do the exams finish? asked the boy. Daniel considered on that and put his arm against his chest and under his other arm supporting his other arm up while it faced vertically toward his chest and stopped hovering near his lips. "That's a good question actually. If i ever find out i promise the first thing i do is to tell you." he chuckled as he heard the kid laugh at his comment this made him feel happy and proud that he had made a kid laugh.

Daniel smirked at him and nodded again listening to the boy talk to him cheerfully and glad that Daniel seem eager enough to teach him. Did i disturb you?. Daniel looked at the boy and dropped his hand down to his side and slightly held his right hand up which he held the letter in then back at the boy. "No, you not. I am done here, i appreciate your concern. Are you done" he said and asked the boy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Sterling rushed into the Owlery with his pre-written message. His parents lived thousands of miles away, and he didn't own an owl of his own yet. It was a bit rude to rent a school owl for that big a quest, so he only wrote home once a month. He clutched the letter to his heart and read it through.

Dear family,
I'm having a great time here at Hogwarts. The Quidditch teams are actually rather dreadful compared to the American teams (especially with you playing on your team, Angela!). All the moves and formations they use are different too. I'm going to write a little bit to each member of the family back there.
Brooke, I know you already graduated and are working on wandlore for the southwest America, but if you have some spare time, you should come out to England. It's beautiful out here.
Angela, your school has the best Quidditch team in the country! I'd like to see your team matched up with our champion house team. The differences in styles of changing would be very interesting to watch. I'm trying not to be TOO much of a nerd while I'm here, but it's a bit hard.
Jessica, I know you said I need to work on fighting more than theory... so in your honor I got in a duel the other day! I won. Have YOU been in any good duels lately?

Sterling left out the part that the boy he had dueled was two years below him.

Mom, stop worrying. I'm fine.
Dad, I promise to be the head boy 7th year. Maybe I'll even be a prefect next year! I know it was hard to let me go this far away on a scholarship, but the education is worth it!
Lots of love to all of you,
-Sterling
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Alice dashed to the Owlery. She was trying to avoid Peeves, who was following her, throwing dungbombs and cackling. Alice was so tired of running from Peeves. He just loved to pick on her. Ever since she ARRIVED he had been bullying her. She finally reached the door, opened it, and slammed it shut before Peeves could get in. She turned around, panting.

"Oh, hi" she panted when she saw Danny, Sterling, and Benjamin.
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Ben smiled at Daniel. He liked being surrounded by lots of people, he was a very social person. "Yeah, I'm done." he said, nodding. He didn't have much else to do here, he wouldn't mind a conversation at this point.

Ben noticed two more people came in. Sterling and Alice. Sterling completely ignored him and Daniel. Thank Merlin, he thought. He wasn't in the mood for an arguement. Alice didn't though. He smiled at her. "Hey Alice. How are you?" he greeted her.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 pm

"Hello Alice," Sterling said politely as she entered, offering her an uneven smile.

"Just narrowly escaped, eh?" he asked, raising his eyebrow as she leaned against the door, panting. He snickered softly.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top