Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Page 5 Empty Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Post by James Wake Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:13 pm

... THAT BATTLE WON'T EVEN BE THERE FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the Battle for Hogwarts was completely different- the whole school was being rent apart. The movies couldn't possibly be same-y. Unless Yates intends to tone down the seventh films as well.

GRRRR.....
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Page 5 Empty Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:20 pm

I know, mb!!
But I guess they want to make the final battle stand out, lol. There are only so many ways a battle can be done. Still, ARGHH!!!

Two years. I can't wait that long!!! Sad

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Page 5 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:47 pm

It's ok Jemma. Its ok. At least we know it's coming, with a decent cast and amazing special effects.

Unlike Percy Jackson...
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Yeah, we know that much. Percy Jackson?
Anyways, back onto HBP here...
Was good. Loved it. It could have been better. 8/10

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Page 5 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 pm

They (reviewers) said that not only was it good as a Harry Potter film, but also that it was great as a general movie.

It was my favorite HP, and I rate it 9/10

SO LONG TO WAIT!!!! I am emotionally unable to wait that long. Unless I have HP6 on DVD. Then, possibly.

Percy Jackson? That Greek gods thing???
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 am

Yes, that series. Please, for the sake of your innocence, do not look up the cast.

I personally thought that HPB was VERY boring. It was the second-cheesiest romantic comedy i'd ever seen.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Too late. My sister loves the series and looked it up already. She kind of forced me to look at it. And I couldn't argue in front of my dad. But I don't really remember, so I won't try xD

It was a little cheesy, I guess. I really think they should have stuck to the story. The extra stuff they put in took as long as the real thing would have. But overall it was a good movie, I think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:08 am

It was ok. I won't give it two thumbs up. It's like Transformers 2- We ask for a whole lot of stuff, and finally the director says (mentally) "**** this, we're doing this my way, and to hell with the script!"

Only, this time around, Yates asked his scriptwriters to look at a few scenes and cut stuff out.
Michael Bay was probably like, "To hell with screenwriting altogether! Let's put in more robots voiced by Spongebob!!!"

And thus, Revenge of the Fallen.

Sorry, LOT of letdowns this summer.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 am

Bonnie! I DID NOT FORCE YOU TO LOOK AT THE SERIES! WE HAD TO FOR BOOK CLUB!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:27 am

I actually really really liked it Smile I was anticipating the Battle for Hogwarts to be the culmination point, but they focused more on Harry's internal struggle, which I guess was alright too. I was actually pleasantly surprised with how much they included in the movie... It wasn't nearly as horrendous as OotP. They did change so stuff, obviously, but not unsuccessfully so. Yay!
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top