Delving into Another World - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Delving into Another World - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Delving into Another World

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Delving into Another World - Page 4 Empty Re: Delving into Another World

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 2:52 am

"Well," Catalina said, giving Zoe a small smile, "If you ever feel that you have any sliver of advice, be sure to come and find me and bestow it upon me." She laughed. "It would be much appreciated." Catalina noticed the interest still in Zoe's eyes about the Vampire, she could see the questions burning deep. With a sigh, she murmured, "He tricked me into loving him." And that was all. Should she say more?

Nodding, she said, "I have certainly been chided for relishing in the relief of the outdoor air. My parents do not approve of it, but they see me as responsible, so I really have nothing to fear of them . . . in that instance."

"Fear, although known for making people do things that seem most irrational, can also cause a person to become stationary, allowing them to hide in the shadows of its safety. Fear also leads to cowards." Her voice had become almost angry, but she fought for control, her mind flitting to her mother. She had always been scared of most things. It was irritating and cowardly, in Catalina's mind.

Catalina laughed slightly as well. It felt odd to laugh so freely, the relief escaping from her dry throat so carefully. With a small grin, she said, "I was aware that the Malfoys were not even completely pureblooded." Her grin grew beautifully perilous. "I have done research on the Black Family Tree. It dates back to many blood traitors and half-bloods within their line."

Weasley . . . The name suddenly struck a nerve in Catalina's brain. Wasn't Zoe distantly related to the Malfoys? Maybe instead of saying that aloud, maybe that was why Narcissa had taken her in . . . a payable debt, maybe? "Good," Catalina said, smiling. "We can work out the details later."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 1:03 pm

"You bet. But why would I have to find you. We will be hanging out." Zoë said with a smile and laugh. She knew that this was jumping to ideas but she could hope. Zoë was always looking for a good friend to hang out with. "But that is up to you. We don't have to hang out or whatnot if you don't want to. I wouldn't want to impose on you."

When the conversation turned back to the Vampire issue, Zoë looked back at the table. He had tricked Catalina. "You know. For some reason that just doesn't really surprise me. Sad to say but it is true." She had a dealt with a few vampires and knew that they were a very tricky bunch. "I haven't had any good luck with them. I am sure that not all of them are like that but most are. They are not trust worthy."

Listening to Catalina talk about what her parents thought of her being outdoor made Zoë chuckle a littler. "Now that is funny because that is exactly what my mother thinks. Of course it really only relates to her girls. In her opinion we are suppose to be inside, dressed in pretty dresses or whatever. I hated it. My father and brother were really the only ones that understood my wanting to be outside." It was the truth. Zoë knew that she had inherited her love for the outside from her father.

Zoë sat glancing from time to time back to Catalina. She could tell that she was angry toward something. "Fear can cause many different things cowardice is only one." This was very true and Zoë had known this from personal experience. "Also what one person fears might not bother or even reach on another's radar."

"I know they aren't the most pure of purebloods. That is one of the reasons I think it's the funniest when they are so for keeping everything so pure. They are the biggest hypercritics ever known to man." Zoë told her. She sat listening to Catalina laugh. It seemed that Catalina needed the laugh and it soon became very contagious.

Zoë noticed that Catalina had grown quiet again when she had mentioned her last name. Why had she done this? Many thought went through Zoë's head. She nodded in agreement to working the details our later. After all they would have plenty of time for that later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Catalina smiled, agreeing. "Why, yes, I had forgotten that we would be seeing each other quite frequently." Another grin. "I would love to hang out with you a lot. It sounds fun."

Looking down at her hands, Catalina said, "He did not even tell me he was a Vampire until he decided I was not good enough for him. But, he was a Pure-blood and that was all my parents cared about. They did not understand that he broke my heart . . . the pain he caused me . . . the sadness that I fought so hard to get rid of . . ." She trailed off, cringing as she thought of his face, and those sapphire eyes. With a frown, she continued, "I would have given anything to get back at him for what he did to me . . . but I could not . . . he had me captivated. My temper would not surface around him. But, now, I hate him." Her voice grew with disgust, her ocean eyes flashing a darker shade.

She was silent for a long time, until her full lips parted and she murmured, "What about Ne'Os?"

"My father does not even agree with it." She paused. "But, I do not really care. After all, they are not living my life. I will live my own, despite what they think is proper. I have manners. Is that not enough?" She gave a small tired laugh, realizing that it would never be enough for them.

"I just think that fear should not stop a person from doing what is right or what should be done. It hampers people into staying put or running away. I just hope that I will never do that. I know I will not."

"Yes," Catalina said, still smiling, "But, there is something about them that makes me wonder if they are worth watching. I feel as if they would be with the Order if only they did not have their Pureblood complex, but then again, I am not so sure."

She said nothing further about her thoughts on Zoe's last name, but merely stowed the thought into the back of her head to repeat it later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 1:20 pm

A smile flashed across Zoë's face. It was official, she had made a new friend. That was good on one hand but on another it made her worry about what the other girl would be getting herself into being around Zoë. "Then it's a done deal. We will hang out and have fun. It will be great."

Zoë sat and listened to Catalina talk about the guy. The way she talked about him held both anger and love. But Zoë could tell that the love was a distant feeling, that angrier was the main feeling now. "You never know. You might still be able to get back at him. There is always a way." This made her think for a few minutes. There was always a way.

Catalina's next question threw Zoë for a little loop. What about Ne'Os? Zoë looked up suddenly, looking directly at her. "What about him?" She was very wary about this question. She didn't trust him.

"That's all a person can do. You have to live your life for yourself and no one else. That's the only thing you can do. If you don't then whose life are you really living." Zoë asked. It was the truth. So many people thought they had to live like their parents or family wanted them to live. But you can't do that. You have to live for yourself and only yourself.

"Fear is a interesting creature. That is the honest truth. No one can ever tell what fear will do to you." Zoë knew this first hand. She never wanted anyone to have to know or go thru what she has had to. "I hope you don't either."

Zoë looked at Catalina for a few moments. "That is a very good question in deed. Not many Order members have that complex. A few but not many. You see that mostly with the Death Eaters." She shook her head at the entire idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 5:11 pm

"Revenge is not necessarily the only way to hurt someone," Catalina said, looking up at Zoe with her sapphire eyes. "Maybe if he saw me happy . . . with someone else." A tremor shot through her bones as despair set into her body. That would never happen. She was sure of it. Her love for Deimos had stamped out any passion for any other man.

"He is a Vampire." Her statement was monotonous, but truthful. She was silent for a long moment, before she whispered, "He was the first person I talked to here. I do not think that I could not trust him. I can see in his eyes, Zoe. I know that he wants out." She left her vague words for Zoe's interpretation, and she stared at her friend closely.

"Yes, yes," Catalina murmured wearily while running a pale hand through her tousled brown waves. "I just think that if I do something against them, they will be disappointed." A pause. "They are all I have."

Catalina nodded, frowning delicately. "I just feel that, to me personally, I would never base a decision on fear. I would try to base it on instinctual insight." She shrugged. Fear had not run her life yet . . . unless the conversation flipped to the males once more. Then, she would admit that fear of heartbreak ran her life there.

She gave a small giggle. "I think that they are being poisoned by their parents. That is the only way to think like that. After all, some are too lazy to find out on their own what they really believe. That is why I choose to step out of my parents' arms and find my own path. It is the right thing to do. I am sure of it."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 5:48 pm

"Do you not think that seeing you happy would be a form of revenge toward him. Obviously he wanted you hurt, you in pain. Seeing that that didn't happen will be doing just that." Zoë tried to explain. Of course causing pain would be a lot more fun but maybe not necessary. But it was true that she could get revenge and not inflict pain on him.

Zoë looked back at Catalina. What had Ne'os told her. "Yea I know he is a vampire." Taking a moment to collect her thought she tried again. "Let me give you a little warning. He can't be trusted. Or let me say. He has done nothing for me to trust him. If anything its the opposite. Just be careful around him. He might not be what he seems."

"I don't think you will disappoint them. After all they are your parents." Zoë said looking back at the table. "Plus you have friends now. So they aren't all you have." She flashed Catalina a smile to try and prove the comment.

"I will say this much about fear. One never knows what they will do during those times. You can only hope that your brain rationalizes instead of uses the fear." This was true. It didn't always work like that though. "That's a good way of thinking. You did make the right choice."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Catalina shrugged. With a small attempt at a smile, she said, "I just do not want to hurt him . . . just because he treated me like he did, does not mean I should do the same to him." She paused before laughing coldly. "I could kill him with kindness." Her eyes flashed violently.

Startled, Catalina didn't know what to think. She had confided a lot in Zoe, and took her opinion very hard. But, Ne'Os? He seemed trustworthy. At least, that's what Catalina saw in his eyes. But, maybe she was wrong. Were gut instincts wrong, though? Or was she just losing her touch? "I will keep all you have said in mind, Zoe, but I promised him I would help." She did not elaborate, unsure if she wanted to.

Blinking a couple of times in admiration, Catalina reached across the table to put her hand on Zoe's arm. She had never had someone say that to her and really mean it. "I appreciate this, Zoe. You honestly have no idea what it is like to have someone speak words of sincerity to me." I just hope you do not deceive me. She sighed. After all, they always do.

"You do not know my parents, Zoe." She laughed harshly. "They give every excuse to say how I could do something better when in reality, sometimes perfection is impossible. Even for me." She smiled lightly.

You made the right choice. Catalina had never heard those words before in her entire life. Well, besides them being her own voice. It was relieving. "Thank you. I value your opinion very much, Zoe. I sincerely hope you realize that." She meant it, too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Looking back at Catalina Zoë couldn't help but shrug. "True you can. Sounds like you have more compassionate than I am or would be. Because if a guy did that to me, he would know the meaning of the word pain. But then again that is just me." She couldn't help the way she thought. People who did wrong by someone should be made to pay for it. It was as simple as that, right?

Zoë watched Catalina as she said her thought about Ne'os. Was Zoë wrong with her thoughts about him. There was just something about him that made her not think so. "Maybe your right. I would just be careful. He has been known to turn on someone very quickly."

Zoë smiled a small smile when Catalina reached out and touched her arm. "You are welcome. I'm just glad to have someone to talk to about some things as well." It was the truth. After some of the things that has happened she didn't have many people to talk with.

"Oh trust me I know what that was like. My mother was the same way. I just hope that what happened to me don't happen to you. I mean when I couldn't become the "girl" she wanted she got rid of me. To her it's like I never even existed." Zoë said shrugging again. "But that is all in the past. Nothing I can do about it now."

Zoë smiled at Catalina again as she told her that she really valued her opinion. "Thank you. I'm glad to be able to help really."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Catalina nodded before saying, "Yes, but having revenge upon someone only shows that you are just like them. No better." She paused. "One should turn the other cheek for if you fight back, it means that they have already won." Catalina knew she had lost. It was quite obvious.

She noticed Zoe contemplating, and then said, "I shall not break my promise to him, but I will keep a closer watch on what I reveal to him, alright?" She flashed a reassuring smile.

"Well, hopefully, I will always be around to listen." She gave a faint smile, as if her future were unclear. Would she die as an Auror? Or be so skilled that she could make it through the battlefields? Would she even be able to become an Auror?

"I believe that wearing dresses pleases my mother enough to let her leave me be when I am drawing or studying something she does not approve of." Catalina shrugged. Maybe her parents really did care. Maybe. "Then, your mother is not very caring. She should accept you as you are." A sigh escaped through Catalina's lips. "But, then again, so should mine."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Zoë shrugged her shoulders. "You might be right. But when you turn your cheek you are only allowing them and even more people to stomp all over you. You have to stand up for yourself and show others that one might do that but no one else. Because if you don't they all will do it." Zoë didn't know what else to say about that. She had tried to be nice over and over and people always used her. She didn't know what else to say or do.

Zoë sat thinking about Ne'os. "Sure. I just want you to be careful thats all." She looked back up at Catalina as she sat trying to reassure Zoë with a smile. But all Zoë could think about was the pain that Ne'os was known for causing.

"I'm sure you will be. You are doing a very good job of listening right now." Zoë said smiling.

"Yea I know what you mean. But she doesn't so I have accepted that she won't and have gone about my life without her." Zoë said with a sadness to her voice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top