Peace;; Closed;; James Potter - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Peace;; Closed;; James Potter - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Peace;; Closed;; James Potter

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peace;; Closed;; James Potter - Page 2 Empty Re: Peace;; Closed;; James Potter

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:06 am

Davina was starting to feel a bit less uncomfortable around James. She still couldn't talk about herself much, but it didn't feel as awkward for her. She didn't seem to mind James being friendly with her. It did feel kind of nice to have someone to talk to. It was almost like having a friend. She really hoped James would be a new friend.

Those five words...Davina wasn't sure what they meant. She was probably reading into it too much. She read into everything too much. It sounded like they were becoming friends. It really did. She was happy, and it showed. She smiled at James. "I'm glad too," she simply responded.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:10 am

James smiled at her response and sensed that she probably felt awkward talking to someone she barely knew but he hoped he could change that soon. He always wondered why certain people shyed away from people and he always wanted to change them. He thought for a moment, realizing that they had talked about quidditch and a little about his family and everything seemed to revolve around him. Not like he really minded, he liked being the center of attention most of the time. But he felt that this girl should feel like someone cared for once.

"So what kind of things do you like to do then?" he asked. He really was curious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:57 am

Davina had found things easy up to this point. She never seemed to say much about herself to anyone. She had no problem talking about facts and answering things in class, she could learn about them easily. She didn't seem to know enough about herself to tell anyone else. She had no idea how to answer James' question. She couldn't lie but if she told the truth he would never want to be friends with her.

"Um, well...." Davina started, hoping her face wasn't going red. It probably was, knowing her luck. "I like to read a lot." she replied. It was one of the few things she did at Hogwarts, as none of her friends went to school with her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:23 pm

James nodded. "Well that's cool. I read..sometimes. I guess. Though I never like what we read in class and everything. My brother is a big read-er dork or whatever," he said, realizing that he didn't mean her at all. "I mean you aren't at all..But he is. You're cool." He said and then shut his mouth before he said anything more stupid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Davina was shocked. James had said cool twice, on something she did and...he said she was cool. She had never been called cool before. She knew it was a compliment. This meant he liked her! Didn't it? She hoped it did. He didn't call her a dork, he had said she wasn't one. Most people called her a dork.

"Well I read books outside of class mostly, the textbooks aren't as good as other books." Davins told James. She wasn't sure whether this was a good or bad thing to say, but she had already said she liked reading and he thought she was cool so she didn't think it would do any harm. She hoped it wouldn't. She was sure she was going red now he called her cool. "Err, thanks, I guess." she replied, having no idea how to respond to this. "You're cool too." she added. He would know she liked him now. Even if he didn't like her. He woud know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am

James smiled and nodded. "Aw shucks, thanks for the compliment!" he said pretending to be all shy and then laughed. He could see her face turning a little red and he wondered if he was just imagining it, or she was really getting embarassed. Most of the time he made people's faces turn red from playing jokes on them or making fun of them, not just plainly having a conversation with him. But he was sure it was nothing.

"So..." he said trailing off to think of something to change the topic too. "....It's very rainy outside lately isn't it?" He immediately regretted it..what a stupid thing to say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Davina wondered if he was actually shy or just pretending. She figured he was just pretending. She tried to stop herself blushing with all her might. Then he did it. He mentioned the weather. The weather was a topic you brought up when you had nothing else to talk about. She hoped that James didn't find her this boring.

"Um, yeah, it is rainy." she agreed. "Do you still play Quidditch lots in the rain?" she asked. She was going back onto Quidditch, but it was at least better than talking about the weather, she thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 am

James was glad that she had brought up something else to talk about, because he felt like an idiot for bringing up the weather. "OF COURSE!" he said suddenly getting excited. "Rainy weather is like the best time to play Quidditch. Well, not competitve games because it is raelly hard to see and whatnot, but it's a whole lot of fun when you're just messing around with friends and whatnot." He beamed at her and laughed slightly. "I wouldn't suggest going out in the rain though until you get better at flying..I once had a bad accident with that one before I was any good at flying."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:21 pm

[[OOC: Sorry it's taken so long to reply.]]

Davina smiled, glad that James was doing most of the talking. "Yeah, I've only flown once, really. It was in that first flying lesson back in first year. The lesson ended after about ten minutes though as one of the Hufflepuff's fell off a broom and onto their head, making the lesson end early." she told James. It wasn't anything about herself so she felt comfortable talking about it. She was strange that way. "My parents would have taught me at home, but we lived too close to muggles." she added, although she wasn't quite sure why. She had just told him something about her personal life. She found him easy to talk to, for some reason. Well, easier than most people, she figured. She wasn't exactly telling him her life story.

Wanting to take the subject off her, she turned it back onto him. "Oh, ok, then." she responded to his accident in the rain. She didn't want to press about it, in case he didn't want to talk about it. Some people were like that, she knew, being one of them. "I doubt I'll be going flying any time soon though. I never learnt to fly, so unless I manage to convince someone to teach me then I won't be able to." she told James. She didn't have many friends here. James was her only...well, she wasn't sure if they were friends yet or not, but he was the only one who was really good at flying, good enough to teach her. She didn't want to think that he had to teach her or anything though. He probably would realise how boring she was and never see her much again after today, she thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:53 pm

James smiled. "Ah I see..Well it's not that bad really..You get the hang of it after a few trys..Or at least most people do," he said. He looked at her and noticed that she seemed to be thinking about something but he wasn't really sure what. He liked this girl a lot, and she seemed like a good friend, even if she wasn't the type of person he usually talked to. He almost felt bad that she didn't seem to have many friends but knowing that made him want to be nice to her. Who knew, maybe he could turn her into a prankster like him.

"So, you lived near muggles? Are you're parents muggles or you just lived near them?" he asked. He didn't mean to pry but it was just the way he was. He was curious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top