Skiing in the US - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Skiing in the US - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Skiing in the US

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skiing in the US - Page 22 Empty Re: Skiing in the US

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:44 pm

[[OOC: Attention, attention, long post alert!!]]
Jemma was glad Sophia was agreeing with her. She hadn't done this before, so she wasn't sure if her advice had been right or not. Sophia backing her up was helpful, and it also encourage Zoe, which was another positive in her opinion.

Zoe did give it another go. She was doing it very well, as Jemma saw. She thought that it was very brave of Zoe to try again after her last attempt. She could tell that Zoe was being very slow and careful this time. It paid off though, as her pot was coming along really well. Jemma wondered how to do it. She was staring at Zoe for a while, before looking away quickly. She didn't want Zoe to think she was some kind of weird person who stared at other people. Actually, I am a weird person, she thought to herself. She didn't stare at other people much though.

Seeing Zoe's success with her pot, Jemma decided to give it a go for herself. She put the clay on the wheel. With the uttermost caution, she slowly pressed her foot down on the pedal. In fact, she pressed her foot down so lightly that the clay span round once then stopped again. She guessed she would have to press a little harder than that, she thought to herself, chuckling under her breathe. She put her foot down on the pedal once more. The clay span round three times, before once again, coming to a halt. She decided this wasn't exactly her forté. She decided to try at least once more before completely giving up. She pressed to pedal down yet another time and forced herself to keep the pedal down, not lifting her foot up like the two previous attempts. She watched the clay spin around for a minute, in shock. The first hurdle was done, at least, she realised. "I did it!"she exclaimed, in complete shock. She reached towards the clay and placed her hand on one side of the lump. She left her hand there whilst the clay spun around. It felt weird on her hand. She moved her hand up and down on the one side, making the lump of clay into a curved shape. It wasn't a pot yet though, as there was no hole in the middle. She was a bit stuck on how to do that though.
"Anyone know how to make a hole in the middle of my clay so it looks like a pot?" Jemma asked her friends, hoping that one of them would be able to help her on this. Surely at least one of them would, she thought. She looked at her friends making their own pots. They were all doing really well. They had holes in the middle of their pots, so one of them would be able to tell her what to do. Or, they could show her, which would also greatly help her. She was at a loss here. She just sat in front of her pottery wheel, not knowing what to do next. She preferred painting, she decided. Specifically, silk painting. Now that was her forté.

Skiing in the US - Page 22 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:18 pm

(ok. so its offical I have read an entire book. lol)

Zoe watched Jemz. She had a round ball of clay that just needed a hole. She then turned back to her ball. "I wonder." Zoe said as she picked up her left hand and laid her index finger down in what could be the middle. Suddenly her finger went down and form something like a hole.

"Hey Jemz. I think that is how its done." Zoe said laughing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:34 pm

[[OOC: It was only 524 words!! Lol xD. This only has 288 words...]]

Jemma was watching Zoe with great interest. Although Zoe said that she hadn't done much of this before, from Jemma's point of view she seemed to have a natural talent for it. Jemma was experimenting with her clay but she was honestly too scared to do anything in case it went wrong. Zoe didn't have that fear, but she was doing everything right anyway! Jemma knew she was never going to be that good at clay, but she didn't want to be particularly awful at it. She would just have to practise often, she thought to herself. After all, practise makes perfect. A motto which she lived by.

Jemma saw Zoe experimenting with her clay, trying to see what she was doing. Zoe was so much better at it than her, so she thought she could try and take some tips or something from her. Zoe still had a clay lump like herself, although she seemed to know what to do. Jemma watched intensly as Zoe did something with her hand in the middle of her clay. Zoe had done it, she realised, as Zoe announced that fact that she had successfully made a hole in her pot.

Jemma laughed alone with Zoe, but she was a bit annoyed that she didn't see exactly what Zoe did. It would have been impossible to see what Zoe did from her own point of view, she realised. "Well done Zoe," she congratulated her friend, "But how did you do it? I have no idea what to do here!" ashe asked for help. She was right in the fact that she was at a loss. She had just been watching Zoe for the past few minutes when she had been stuck.

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Zoe couldn't help but laugh a little. How did she explain it to Jemz. She had no idea. "Uhm, all I did was take my finger." Zoe told her holding up her left index finger that was covered in clay. "And pressed it here." Zoe showed her on her pot while it was stopped. "I pressed the petal slowly and put just a little pressure on the pot as I spun. and viola. I have a hole."

Zoe sounded very cocky at that moment. But she was proud of what she had done. It was a good turn from how the whole pottey thing started. At least no one else was covered in clay. She turned to Jemz. "Did I explain it better?" She wasn't sure if she had.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:45 pm

[[LOL what did I miss?Am not reading all this and neither your page long novels]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:53 pm

(lol. We are all down in the pottery. I made a mess. Jemz cleaned it up. I tried again. Now we are making holes in them)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Jemma was nodding along as Zoe explained to her exactly what to do. It all made sense to her now. It seemed so obvious once you had been told, she thought. She wondered why she didn't think of it before.
"Yeah, it makes perfect sense now. Thanks Zoe!" she said, smiling. Now she had to actually to do it!!

Jemma did what Zoe said. She pressed down on the pedal. She tried to find the middle of the pot at the top. She ended up guessing. She held her breath, and slowly poked her finger downwards. To her surprise, a small hole was forming inside of the pot. She then put two fingers in the hole, then three. She kept making the hole bigger and bigger. In the end, it actually looked like a pot! She was quite pleased with her creation.
"Hey Zoe, look, it worked!" she exclaimed ecstatically to her friend.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:31 am

Zoe was very happy that Jemma figured it out. "Yay. Good job Jemz." Zoe looked at her work. It looked like it should. Zoe looked back at her pot. "They actually look like pots." She was actually suprised at it. Then she looked around to see what the others were up to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 am

Sophia looked at Jemma and Zoe and smiled. "Good Job Emma and Zoe."said Sophia smiling as she was making her hole in her vase alittle bigger then it was but sticking one of her hands in it and shaping it. "Wow Zoe, are you sure you never done this before?" Sophia asked Zoe smiling as she seemed really good at it.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Zoe smiled and nodded. "I can guartee I have no idea how in the world I did that." She said pointing to the pot. "But it was kind of fun still." She said laughing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum