A Birth day - Page 87
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 87 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 87 of 92 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 92  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 87 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2024 8:49 pm

"Thanks for coming, Lucian," Robert said. "Here. Here's the note that Fenrir sent by owl to Angus." He handed him the note. It seems that Angus has earned the respect of Fenrir and his pack, and Fenrir also knows Angus's position as my property manager. I think that's why Fenrir communicates with Angus when he wants to interact with us."

"Fenrir's pack suffered a werewolf illness last autumn, and it took a heavy toll on them," Edward told Lucian. "With winter coming on, and so many of the pack still sick and weak, Angus came up with the idea of making a couple of longhouses for the pack to stay in, and Robert and Brian got them built in a hurry. The pack was there til spring. There are two longhouses up in the upper northwest corner of the estate. It's a very dangerous part of the estate because there are some cliffs and some sharp deep drop offs up there. It isn't likely that we're ever going to use that little corner, so it keeps the werewolves safe and gives them plenty of privacy. We provide them plenty of fresh meat, and the only thing we ask is that they take wolfsbane while they're on the estate. We provide it to them for free through the St Mungos free wolfsbane program. We told them when they left this spring that if they wanted to come back this year, they were welcome to do so. Well, not only now does the pack have to worry about the hunt but it appears that one of the very young females is in the final trimester of her first pregnancy and she is extremely high risk. It just isn't safe for Fenrir to have them on the run right now. And that's what's motivated them to want to return here with almost no notice. How's the food order coming, Angus?"

"All provisions ordered for immediate delivery," Angus said. "Marcus went to notify Jack that the supplies were coming, and I wanted to be sure the long houses are well stocked with firewood too."

"Well done," Robert said. "Even with a swiss cheesed memory, you did just fine. Thank you. At any rate, Lucian, I do not want any werewolves to be hunted and hurt or killed. I know we classify them as beasts but let's be crystal clear. They're people with a legitimate medical illness. And if I hear of even one wizard who hurts or kills or harms a werewolf during this hunt, I will absolutely do everything in my power to make sure they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of wizarding law. That is not intended to be a threat. It is intended to be an iron clad promise."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23854
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:00 pm

Lucian looked at Robert and quietly listened to him talk about why he had been called their then ask Angus about food that they had ordered " all right I'll make sure my team keep an eye on that area, I'll station two men close but not too close to make sure nobody disturb them." he said then looked at the note again " but that hunt is disturbing, I'll send them a message letting them no that its not official and should any Werewolves be harmed they will be treated as murders." he told Robert before looking at Angus.

"still got the Swiss cheese memory I see." he asked smiling to him " its good to see you on the mend " he said handing the note back to Robert. " I'll get on that right away, and I'll find Jack and tell him about the supplies arriving too" he said and moved out the door to head to the barn.

Jack was behind it setting out bales of hay for the hippogriffs that now roamed in the paddock behind him. As he lay the last one down he looked up to see Lucian " oh hey" he said.

"message from Robert the supplies were coming" he said but saw Marcus and chuckled " ah guess you now about it" he said and saw Jack nod his head.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5384

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:16 pm

"Well, I guess I'm on the mend," Angus said, "despite the fact that the swiss cheese stuff and that what he tells me happened and what I remember happening are two entirely different things. You do know, don't you, Lucian, that I distinctly remember killing twelve different people while I was under and imperious curse, right? If my memory serves me correctly, I should be in Azkaban right now."

"See what I mean, Lucian? Angus, your memory does not serve you anywhere near correctly this time. All of twelve of your murder victims are still very much alive because you didn't kill anyone," Robert said. "That was little Miss Dora using a number of different dark arts spells to make you think you did. She was deliberately causing you all kinds of physical and emotional and mental pain. She told us quite clearly she believed that if she could deliver you in a state of being physically and mentally and emotionally broken, Suzanne would surely hire her at that point and pay her exceptionally well. All of which constitutes a whole chain of very serious crimes."

"She did say something to that general effect, if I'm remembering correctly, but she wasn't making much damned sense," Angus said.

"Do you even know where you were?"

"Some sort of a clinic?"

"Not even remotely close," Robert shook his head. "You were down in the catacombs."

"Angus sighed, frustrated.

"This is obviously going to take time," Robert told Lucian. "We dont' have any more fish and chips but there is plenty of good ale in the growlers on the workbench. Pour yourself a pint if you have the time."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:24 pm

Lucian listened to Robert and smiled as Angus spoke about his memory " well I have sen all the people you supposedly killed, alive and well" he said to him hoping even his words would help Angus relax and get his mind back.

Lucian shook his head at Roberts offer " wish I could, but I'm on duty" he said and smiled knowing that one of the rules with the ministry was no drinking on duty. "besides my wife wouldn't appreciate me coming home smelling of drink" he chuckled " but I will help my self to a cup of tea" he said and moved to the kitchen to pore a cup for himself before walking back into the living room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:49 pm

"Your wife doesn't even let you have the occasional pint?" Marcus asked, thinking Lucian's wife sounded like a bit of an extremist. He got up and collected the empty fish and chips containers and threw them away. "Robert, any trouble with me taking Angus upstairs to help him freshen up?"

"Not at all. Just don't get that arm cast wet. We can always change the shoulder dressing and put the rib binder back on, but that cast will be a pain in the ass if I have to replace it," Robert said. "There's a shower cover for it on the med cart. I brought it yesterday."

"Oh. I hadn't noticed that."

"Bottom shelf."

"Thanks," Marcus said. He helped Angus to his feet and apparated upstairs with him.

"Angus's mind has always been exceptional, so for him, this is beyond frustrating," Edward said. "He does understand what we're telling him today, which is a big improvement since yesterday, but it still is hard for him to accept."

"He's only become lucid again since breakfast, so give him a bit," Robert said. "It'll come."

"Oh, not that it matters to your investigation, Lucian," Edward said, "but Ruby and I did follow through and met with the attorney this morning. We are going to pursue whatever restitution we might be able to get from Dora Hackett's assets. I don't know that Angus paid any attention that we did that. It isn't about the money. It's about wanting to set the record straight that Donohues are fighters and will always stand for justice. I will not have my family hurt and not fight for them."

"Speaking of Edward," Robert said. "So far as I know, Edward remains the only werewolf hunter that the ministry endorses or engages. So, I have spoken with him about this hunt. If you need him to assist you either in tracking the packs on Halloween or in stopping the hunters, I have already asked him to assist you as you might need that night."

"I'd be happy to. I have never taken any werewolf that had any opportunity for healing or redemption in some way. Nor would I ever. If I can help you save lives that night, I'd be happy to accompany you. Especially, since some of the independent werewolves might very well go rogue and cause trouble to the aurors. You might need someone who could reason with them or slow them down so the aurors aren't mistaken for hunters and attacked."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:55 pm

Lucian laughed and shook his head " its not the drinking its the smell she doesn't like it makes feel sick" he added with a smile. He watched as Marcus took Angus up to wash up in his bathroom. Now listening to Edward he nodded at his words " so I have heard" he said then looked to Robert as he spoke about Edward helping out on Halloween night with the hunt.

"That would be very much appreciated" he said " keep you floo open " he said with a smile as Robert continued to talk about that he might need some one who wasn't an Auror to talk to the hunters " that makes sense" he said as he sipped his tea. Now knowing the full story with Angus he looked to Edward " as for your legal position, unofficially go for it, they do need to know not to mess with the Donohue's in any form" he said to Edward.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:12 pm

"You know, I never told Angus this but remember when Rita Skeeter did the horrid article on Angus? She included a pure guess about how much Angus was worth. She was wrong, of course, because Rita is always wrong. However, after that article for the next two or three months, my estate in Tuscany was absolutely hammered with fan mail from people--of both genders, incidentally, that offered to marry Angus. Actually have two big canvas mailbags from the post that are full to the top with these letters. I probably should have thrown them out, but instead, they're shoved up in the attic of that house. I didn't particularly want Rosaria to set them on fire, which is what she wanted to do with them."

"Money will always bring out opportunists," Robert laughed. "They don't know Angus from Adam's housecat, but they do know money."

"Exactly."

"Carlo wanted to send each of those fans a letter saying that Rita was wrong and Angus was really in debt that much," Edward said. "That would have gotten rid of every one of them, but it would have trashed Angus's reputation."

"Which Angsu has never cared about anyway," Robert shrugged. "Angus might well have liked that plan."

"Oh, he would have, which is why I forbid Carlo from telling him," Edward laughed.

Marcus soon brought Angus back, fresh and clean and in clean pajama trousers after a very quick shower and shampoo, and helped him back to bed. Angus was tired after being on his feet that long. Robert put the rib binder back on and changed his shoulder dressing.

"You know, Lucian, if you'd like to see the longhouses, I bet Jack would take you. I'm sure he's going up there anyway," Robert said. "You should see them, especially if you might need to go up there for any reason. Our pegasuses need flown anyway, if you don't mind riding one of them. We have a pair of pegasuses, a pair of thestrals and a pair of hippogriffs. It's the pegasuses turn to fly today, I believe. if I'm wrong, Jack will surely correct me."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:20 pm

Lucian listened to Edward talk of Rita Skeeter and chuckled at the mention " oh I remember that article" he said then laughed at the mention of all the fan mail he had received " so nobody knows hes actually married now?" he asked " maybe if you lat it known they would stop" he saw Marcus with Angus return and Robert put the rib binder on Angus he saw the bruises but said nothing about them as he saw several he recognised as boot prints and marks from objects.

Hearing Robert mention flying the Pegasus he looked at Robert " hum would be interesting and give me a birds eye view of the area so to know where to put my men." he said thinking about it " okay I'll walk over and talk to Jack" he said taking his cup into the kitchen he returned and looked at them both " see you soon" he said walking out and over to the barn this time Jack was inside the barn.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:42 pm

"Oh, I think they must know now because the letters have stopped," Edward said. "Angus didn't spread information about his life in the papers because he doesn't want to be a celebrity. He just wants a quiet, private life where he and the rest of us can just come and go as we please, and I can't blame him for that. He's seen for himself what that's like because of how Khaat is often followed and hammered by the press, and Angus wants nothing to do with that."

When Lucian left, Angus dozed for part of the afternoon. While he dozed, Edward and Elwood played a military strategy board game that Edward had found. It was somewhat similar to some muggle battle games. The board was a map of the wizarding world, and it had teeny tiny figurines to represent armies of those countries, along with not only human forces but beast armies of all kinds. Elwood and Edward each commanded armies and they competed with them across the board. When they armies encountered each other, they battled each other like wizards chess. While they played, Robert headed to work for a few hours in order to try to get some things done while Angus was out of danger and resting comfortably in his own bed.

As the afternoon progressed, Marcus saw that it was getting to be time for the girls to come home from Evan's.

"It's going to soon be time to go get the girls. If you both can keep Angus from waking up and having a meltdown because I'm not here, I'll go get Ginger and Anise," Marcus said.

"I bet he'll be fine for no longer than you'll be gone," Edward said. "You know, since the girls aren't back yet, I could ask Rosaria to cook for us tonight."

"Or we could just order pizza or order from Sparks when they get home," Marcus said. "Don't worry about it for tonight since we don't know if the girls have already thought of something. I'll go get Anise and Ginger and come straight back."

"Very well," Edward said. Marcus ported out to go to Evan's.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:48 pm

Ruby and Aria looked at the time and the two babies now sleeping in the buggy " we really should get back " Ruby said looking at the lower tray filled with soft toys and other items. Aria nodded as she carried a large bear in her arms as they walked away from the cafe now having had a sit down and a cup of tea.

" I agree with Ruby we shouldn't leave the men alone too long, god knows what they will get up to" she said with a teasing tone and a smirk. " what do you said Simone, Kate" she asked as the drew to the entrance /exit of the fair.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 87 of 92 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 92  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top