A Birth day - Page 59
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 59 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 59 of 84 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 71 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 59 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:23 pm

"I'm okay with however it works out," Anise told Ruby. "I'm just glad someone is here. I really didn't want to be by myself here." They walked into the locker room, and Anise looked at the posh surroundings. "I did not expect this level of luxury for students," she told Ruby quietly. She looked around and saw a snack trolley that was set up, and a trolley of beverages, and both trollies were tended by woman in a Hogwarts apron.

On a coffee table was a stack of various magazines, and there was a bookshelf with several different board games and decks of cards. One corner of the room had some exercise equipment, but as Anise looked at the other women competitors, two of them clearly were too wealthy to think they had to exercise or condition, one woman seemed like she was just downright frightened, and Anise's seers abilities suggested to her that this woman was not the first choice of that school. She was an alternate and she did not want to be here at all. The fourth young woman seemed to be exceptionally pressured--as if she was supposed to win, and nothing else would suffice. She was being pressured by someone else to win, no matter what.

"Let's get some coffee," Anise said to Ruby quietly. Anise was willing to introduce herself but she did not need to form friendships with these girls.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23814
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:32 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded " well I'm here for you, all of the morning" she said placing her hand on Anises shoulder. When the doors opened to the locker room she chuckled and looked around "I guess they want you relaxed for the tournament" she whispered back as she saw the other young women who were taking part.

Ruby heard Anise suggest grabbing a coffee she smiled and nodded " sure , and you focus on what you need to do." she said softly seeing a look she had seen on Angus and Kates face more than once telling her Anises seer ability's had kicked in. Smiling to the woman behind the cart she pored two cups of coffee and handed one to Anise before she moved to0 sit down. " okay now just relax till its time." she said sitting down on a soft chair close by.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:41 pm

"I will," she told Ruby. "Thanks." She took the coffee Ruby had poured and she followed her to a place to sit. She sat and sipped on coffee and periodically worked on some stretching in order to loosen up her muscles. Because of her knee she hadn't gotten to exercise all week, and she felt stiff. She wanted to feel loose and flexible. Her competitors looked at her like she was crazy. She heard two of the girls whispering to each other, laughing, making fun of her by saying things like, "She thinks this takes real athleticism or something." And the other girls laughed and said, "Don't worry. I'll wipe up the field with her." Anise didn't react or respond at all. She wasn't going to tip her hand at them. She turned away from them, looked at Ruby and gave her a tiny smile that was intended to say silently to Ruby, "Just wait. I'll handle them."

Angus held onto Abbey until the dog was removed from the stadium. Then Brian came over and took her from Angus and took her to Robert who changed her back.

"I have not participated in a big tournament like this," Marcus told Aria. "The closest our school ever had was the triwizard tournament in our years, and I was not any sort of an athlete in those days. I would not have even begun to qualify for it. Angus wasn't a competitor either, but, he was always the athletic type. He certainly could have qualified. Not sure why he didn't try for it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:46 pm

Ruby sat and watched around her she heard the girls but said nothing until Anise spoke " oh I know you will" she said softly as she smiled to her absolutely knowing Anise could wipe the floor with the girls. She watched her stretch out and knew the girls were over confident in their ability's.

Aria listened to Marcus and chuckled " wow can't imagine you not competing but , yeah I can see it now" she said smiling to him. " don't need to show what you already know , right" she added watching Robert take Abby to turn her back to her child form. " how often does she do that?" she asked Angus " or does she do it because she finds it fun?"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:10 pm

"I was not a good duelist back then<" Marcus told Aria when she asked if he had participated in a tournament, "I was really a pudgy nerd, quite the opposite of who I am now. I was, however, a good scholar. Made it into Horace Slughorns Slug Club. Slughorn was a lifelong scholar of sorts himself, and he particularly liked to take promising young students underwing to try to give them an edge up in life, and I did make it into his Slug Club. Every Christmas season he had a very elaborate supper that he invited whichever students he believed to be the brightest. I think it did also help that my uncle was the wizard who invented wolfsbane potion. Nevertheless, that was far more my speed back then than anything athletic. That changed when I decided to go from my desk job at the ministry into being an auror. I had a part time desk job as a student but by the time I graduated, I was hopelessly bored with it, and there was an opening in the auror department. That turned things completely upside down for me."

Then she asked about Abbey.

"Ah, now that is a trait she gets from her biological father. Khaat was married for about a year before she married Brian. Her husband deceived her, made her believe that he was just a nice, devoted, loving family man. Turned out he was none other than Rob Dent--the biggest illegal potions exporter in all of Britain. He had a massive lab in the catacombs under Diagon Alley, and he had massive bank accounts and assets--and Khaat knew nothing about it. Turns out that Rob is also an animagus, and his form is a labrador. When Abbey was born, Rob picked her up,. and even as a newborn, the instant she was in Rob's arms, she morphed into a labrador pup--like her father.

"So far as we know, what she's doing is purely accidental magic, like baby magic. Usually she transitions when she gets in water or when she's with a dog. Angus learned right from the outset that almost right from birth it was nigh onto impossible to keep her out of the pool. She'd dive in, transform accidently into a labrador pup, and it was horrid trying to get her out. The issue is that once she's transformed, she has no idea how to change back. Robert's had to put her to rights again every time its happened. She doesn't see it as abnormal, though. She says she's just 'wearing her fur.' Angus was very insistent that since that was just normal for her, he wanted her to see it as normal for her right from the very beginning. Her seers powers are inherited from Khaat and Kate. All the women in the Fawcett family line are seers, and Abbey's had that almost right from birth too. Apparently, having it from age two is exceptional, even in Kate's family."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:23 pm

Aria heard Marcus talk about what he looked like in Hogwarts and she chuckled " well I for one love the man you became, nerd and all" she said with a chuckle then she listened to him talk about Abby and she recognised the name he said.

" oh I know about that guy, right bastard, wanna be potion maker." she said with a frown. " glad she got away from him and Abby is with those who love her" she said then listened more as he continued to explain about her Animagus ability and how she got it." wow that's a rare thing, shes really talented, but yeah she need to work on changing back by herself a bit" she said " took me about two months to work out how to turn back, maybe in a few years she'll get it."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:39 pm

"By the time he abandoned Khaat and Abbey," Marcus said, "he had millions stashed away in various banks, and Robert went after him for it because that abandonment, at the time it happened, damned near killed Khaat. Robert got every sickle and galleon he had, and he gave every tiny bit of it to Khaat and Abbey. And Brian, who was wealth himself by then, married her, and that makes them obscenely wealthy. The last we heard, Rob married some countess or something on the continent. As we understand it, she was pretty up front with Rob that she wanted a toy boy and she would keep him in the true lap of luxury if he just stayed around for her. The only time he has seen Abbey was for a brief moment after she was born, and when she went all labrador, he fainted completely. And that was the last he saw her. Now Brian is her legal dad, and they have never tried to explain that he is not her bio dad. She wouldn't get it anyway. And, in every way that counts, he is an exceptional dad."

"I am quite sure she'll learn," Marcus said. "Rob is an animagus and she's a metamorph, so she probably will have more flexibility in it. Robert believes she's still a little young to learn how to have much control in it, but i have no doubt it will come."

In the locker room, Anise saw them call Ilvermorny and Uagadou to battle, and also Castelobruxo and Manhoutokoro.

"Wanna watch the first matches and see how this is going to go?" she asked Ruby. "There are some one way glass windows over there," she pointed to the windows that were on the opposite side of the room as the door was. "They face the field." She got up, took her coffee and went over to the windows to watch the first two matches.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:47 pm

Aria listened more and rolled her eyes when they told her Rob was a countesses boy toy " shesh" she said and nodded as Marcus spoke more " good to know " she said then laughed when he spoke of Rob passing out when Abby as a baby changed to her puppy form. she heard him say Brian was Abby's adoptive dad but she sees him as her bio dad. " well blood isn't always thicker, and its good she had a father figure who loves her very much" she said smiling as she glanced over to where they were stood " and I ca see it in his face he does love them both very much."

Ruby watched the other contestants enter and marveled at how many houses were represented in the tournament. she heard Anise and nodded " why not" she said and stood up walking over to the window she looked out seeing two people already dueling " wow" she said softly.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:14 pm

"You know what's ironic?" Marcus asked. "The night that Abbey was born, Khaat was having complications and was in critical condition, and St Mungos was extremely short staffed. Khaat and Brian were best friends from the time they were eight, and Brian had grown up in Robert's home after his own parents died in a car accident. Brian was working in Paris for Robert but when Khaat went into labor in such poor condition, he called Brian from Paris to help with the delivery. Brian provided life support to keep Khaat alive and was her labor coach while Robert did the actual delivery. Brian was there. He was right with Khaat when Abbey was born, and since Khaat was so ill, when Abbey was released, Brian took Abbey straight home to the estate, and turned her over to Angus to take care of her. Then Brian moved Khaat out of the cottage that Michael now lives in, in Hogsmeade. He brought Khaat home to the estate and he took care of them both and provided everything they needed or wanted, and she and Abbey have been there ever since. In my book that makes him twice the man and the only real dad Abbey ever needs to have."

Anise watched the matches carefully.

"You know," Anise told Ruby, "Angus told me that the formal duels he's ever seen are stiff and pretty mechanical. he said they can be fast but they're really stiff. He was right. This isn't anything like our fighting and sparring looks like. I thought perhaps it was just Beauxbatons but obviously that isn't the case. When I won at Beauxbatons, Ginger said she thought it was the fact that I wasn't stiff that gave me an advantage. Maybe she was right. If I don't freak out, maybe I have an advantage."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:18 pm

Aria listened and smiled nodding as he spoke about how Brian had literally taken over looking after Abby and taken the father role. " I for one see that he is the best father she could have" she said " as you are the best father to yours" she added with a smile.

Ruby watched the duel and chuckled as Aria spoke to her about the fact she was not stiff in her dueling " nope as Angus I think said its like a ballet, fluid and flowing, I guess" she looked back threw the window and then smiled to Anise " that's the spirit" she said with a smile to her " no matter how well you do , we'll be there for you" she added softly " win or lose" she placed her arm around her shoulder as they watched the duel in front of them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 84 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 71 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top