A Birth day - Page 77
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 77 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 77 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 77 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:37 pm

Aria looked as Braylen returned and handed a dagger to Edward she was puzzled at first but then stepped back as she saw Edward draw it and she smiled " oh we do indeed " she said smiling as she stepped closer to look at it " its defiantly detailed and perfect for him" she said then looked at the scabbard and chuckled " it will certainly surprise those he comes against" Aria said with a chuckle as she still looked at the blade Edward now held.

Aria marveled at the sword and chuckled " i wonder how hes going to react when he sees it as a dagger" she said and chuckled " does he know it grows?"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:46 pm

"Well, he hasn't seen it yet, but I'm sure he'll get it figured out," Edward said. 

"Edward," Maureen said, "you don't have to get that thing just to please my dad."

"Oh, believe me, my dear, I'm not. I'm buying it because I know exactly who this blade is supposed to belong to."

"Nobody wields a sword anymore. Those skills are all but lost," she sighed wistfully.

"Oh no they're not," Edward said. "I'm putting this when we leave here right into the hands of a swordsman." 

"If you say so," she shrugged, adding up the bill. Edward paid it without even thinking twice. She put his purchases into a well padded wooden box for him. "Thank you, both. Let us know if those work out for you."

"We'll be back, don't worry. We know a lot of fighters that could use blades," Edward said, picking up the box. "Shall we get home?" he asked Aria.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:02 pm

Aria looked at Maureen and nodded as Edward spoke " oh trust Edward this guy is really good with a sword" she said and smiled to Maureen " thank you for the weapons" she said smiling as she patted her daggers against her thigh. Hearing Edward say about heading back she nodded " I agree they might think we're buying the whole place out" she said and chuckled " but yeah I'm getting ready for a nice cup of coffee and a sit down and maybe some practice with these" she said smiling as she moved to Edward " ready when you are" she said happy with her purchase.

Ruby finished making a fresh pot of coffee and tea then pored herself a cup a she then moved to sit down next to Angus. She could see the fae flitting back and forth checking the area and she smiled " you know they take their job very serious the fae " she said as she blew and sipped her tea.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:33 pm

"Minos has made it clear that Fae do not easily make friends with humans, but they've made an exception here, and they're very loyal to their friends," Angus said. "I'm glad to have them so close. I value their friendship."

"Let's go then," Edward said. He ported them home. When they got back, Edward went inside.

"I bought you a few new toys," Edward said to Angus. 

"For me?" Edward asked.

"If we're right and this fight is coming, I believe it will come to you. Anything even remotely connected to Suzanne comes right for you. So will this. So, I'd rather have you overly armed than not at all," Edward said. He sat down, put the box on his lap and opened the box. He handed him the black leather tooled equipment belt. 

"You'll need this," he told him. "For these, for starters." He handed him a set of mithril throwing knives.

"Damn, Edward. A full set. These are amazing," Angus said, duly impressed. "Mithril?"

"Yes indeed," Edward said. "How's your aim?"

"I'll have to get a target and see," Angus said. "But I certainly want to give it a go."

"I have a set too, and I can get more if I need to," Edward said. "I got a mithril axe hammer."

"Oh, let me see it," Angus said. Edward handed him the mithril axe hammer. "Its great, but you're going to have to be careful because its so light. It'll move really quickly."

"Well, I dont plan on wasting time if I'm fighting with it," Edward replied. 

"Its a great looking piece."

"I have some shepherds' slings and some stilettos and some other things, but I saved the best for last," Edward said. He picked up the green scabbard, and withdrew what Angus thought was just a fancy daggar, and he watched as it transfigured into one of the finest looking rapiers he had ever seen.

"Oh my God," Angus sat wide eyed. "That's incredible."

"Elvish. Mithril blade. Compact, lightweight, sharp as a razor," Edward said. 

"I have never seen a finer blade in my entire life," Angus said. Edward handed the rapier and the scabbard to him. 

"And its yours," Edward said. 

"Mine? But Edward..."

"If you're going to face someone as powerful as we think this woman is, you're going to need all the help you can get, and if I needed to buy one for everyone on staff here to protect you, I'd do it, if it took the last cent I had."

"I am not going to let her win if I have anything to say about it," Angus said. 

"You don't fight alone. This is not just your fight. You're going to need the whole team this time, and we'll be there."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:41 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded as he spoke of how the fae were loyal to their friends and she was glad they counted them among their friends " that's good." she said and heard porting seeing Edward and Aria return. Looking over she saw Aria put up her coat and walke over as Edward showed Angus the things he had bought. Hearing him say the rapier was for Angus she looked at it and smiled " it looks beautiful" she said smiling.

Aria walked over to them and stood close watching as Angus admired the rapier " there were a lot of great items in the weapons shop Edward took me to." she said smiling " picked up a new pair of daggers myself." she said and moved so they could see the delicate rose on the handles. " I need to talk to Michael about a location spell i'd like them to have" she said then moved to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

" you want me to start supper?" she asked Angus not sure if someone was ordering in or if it was being sent over.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:01 am

"Those are great looking daggers," Angus said. "Baylen's gotten quite a love of aesthetics, far more than his father or grandfather had. I think he got that from Maureen, actually. He used to read elvish tales to her when she was small, and she loved them so much that she drew elves, and elvish villages, elvish weapons, and she was good at it. He surprised her one year for Christmas with a jewelry box with elvish symbols and runes on it, and she got him to make an elvish looking handle for a knife. And it sold quickly. So he's done more of them since then."

"I don't know how he got your rapier but he said this was definitely Elvish. He restored it and repaired it."

"Then there's no telling how old it is," Angus replied as Marcus came back in.

"Sorry. I went to check on Poppy. Kate told me that she just got word from Robert that Beau is slowly and steadily getting better. Evidently the conventional wizard medicine has combined very successfully with Iya's voodoo remedies. And he's doing well. Oh, look. Lots of new toys. I'm impressed. And our pirate now has a worthy weapon. Nice look Captain Donohue."

"Thank you. If I only had a swordsman to spar with."

"Why don't you call Pascal?" Edward asked Angus. "He certainly didn't steer your wrong before."

"Pascal?" Marcus asked.

"One of my fencing instructors while I was going to school at Hogwarts. I studied under him on holidays and on breaks," Angus said. "He might not want to take on a rusty student like me."

"I bet he would," Edward said. "I'll try to reach him. The worst he could say is no."

"Feel free to cook supper if you like,, Ru. I'd appreciate it. I'm sure we should feed our lot soon or the boy swill be ordering stacks of pizzas," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:08 am

Aria smiled when Marcus returned " defiantly" she said taking out one of her daggers and walking over to him placing it in his hands " defiantly intricate and.." she paused as she stepped back from him and the dagger flew to her hand " I'll never lose these, one I get Michael to put the location charm on them what I hit we can track" she said smiling to him as she slid it back into its sheath.

Ruby smiled at Angus and nodded " all right I'll start supper" she said heading to the kitchen to make food . Ruby decided Griddled chicken fajitas with squashed avocado, Cheesy ham & broccoli pasta along with a desert of a Banana pudding for dessert. She took out all the ingredients she needed and began making the food.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:41 am

"Very nice," Marcus told her. "Nicely made. Good feel to them. Location charm should be simple for Michael since that's essentially how the medallions work too, and it's similar to a portkey spell too really. I can take them over to him if you like and ask him to charm them for you. Angus and I talked about going for a run if he's let out of the house tonight. He hasn't been on a run for awhile, and neither have I."

The girls came home from school, and they took their bags inside and took them downstairs to their room, and just a few minutes later Sam and Victor came in.

"Who's the old bloke in the yard with Edward?" Sam asked.

"What old bloke?" Angus asked.

"Old grayhaired bloke in trousers, shirt, vest, fancy tie, with a ponytail and a walking stick," he told Angus. Angus sprang up and went to the window.

"Well, I'll be damned. Its Pascal," Angus said. Angus opened the door and went outside. Marcus followed.

"Pascal?" Angus asked.

"Angus? Is that truly you, Mon Ami?" Pascal asked. They walked towards each other and embraced. "Look at you! You were thin as a rail when I last saw you. Now look at you. You have piled one muscle on top of another. Edward says you need to polish up your fencing. Let me see this new blade of yours."  Angus handed him the blade and Pascal drew it from the scabbard.

"Mon Dieu!" Pascal said. "Incredible. This will do very nicely. Are you able to show me what remains of your lessons?"

"Certainly," Angus said. 

"Then let us see what remains of your youth," Pascal laughed, not expecting much.

Pascal drew a rapier from his walking stick and tossed the stick on the ground. They greeted each other with the traditional method and the sparring began. They were conservative at first but then Pascal picked up the pace, and soon it was intense. Angus kept up with him stroke by stroke for quite awhile, and then Pascal accidently knocked the blade from Angus's hand.

"Well done! You've improved from our last lesson," Pascal said. "Some fine work. We can polish this fairly quickly."

"Good. My life or my family's might depend on it," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:50 am

Aria looked at Marcus and nodded " makes sense and thank you." she said and slipped them from the holder and placed both in his hands. She saw the girls arrive and then the boys who mentioned an old man in the yard with Robert " oh?" she asked and followed Angus out to the yard as did Ruby.

Once they finished sparing Ruby walke dover to Pascal and smiled " I'm Ruby Donohue, nice to meet you" she said as Aria walked over and stood next to her , this is Aria Barnett, shes kinda my body guard when Marcus isn't around" she said smiling to him.

" Angus never spoke of you to us before, I saw how Perficient you are in swordsmanship" Aria said smiling " I'm more daggers myself" she said. " I'm also glad Angus is brushing up his skills with some one other than Marcus." she said chuckling as she looked at Marcus who still held her daggers in his hand.

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:25 am

"Nice to meet you, Ruby and Aria and Marcus. Angus was a good fencing student," Pascal nodded. "I thought he could have an impressive future as a fencing champion, but that was not something he was interested in. He enjoyed it, but at the time, because of his youth, he did not take it seriously. He thought of it rather as a lark. So imagine my surprise that Edward called me and told me that Angus might find himself in need of brushing up his skills because he might be up against a formidable opponent. So, of course I came. I will do what I can. I am pleasantly surprised that his skills have continued in some level from all those years ago." 

"That has come from his wand work," Edward said. "Marcus, do you mind?"

"Of course not," Marcus said. "Come on. Just a practice duel, Angus."

"Oh, okay," Angus sighed. He and Marcus did one of the shortest duels they'd ever done, but Marcus pushed Angus to have to be quick and agile. And then, as quicklyas it started, they ended it. Pascal gave them a little applause.

"And this is where you have learned to use your fencing skills, Angus. It shows. This is what will make you quite dangerous to those who haven't taken their skills much farther than their Hogwarts days. But we can make you more deadly still. I see the task now. And I see the stiffness and the damage in your bad shoulder. That is new since your school days. That is a clear liability. Well, let's work on compensating for that, shall we?"

"He'll be staying with Simone and me," Edward told them. "So, let me get him settled in, and he'll see you in the morning."

"That's fine," Angus said. 

"Til morning, then," Pascal said, going with Edward into the house. Angus sheathed the rapier, and he headed back inside. He laid all the weaponry on the coffee table and sat down, aching and tired.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top