A Birth day - Page 70
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 70 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 70 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:49 pm

Joseph noticed Jack behind him and the appearance of Angus but when the man cast his spell he stayed stood stock still, unmoving trusting Angus and he was right as the protago suddenly appeared over him and Jack bouncing off some place. Once it fell he heard Robert staying right where he was .

" oh now your done" he said simply his face straight and his eyes still locked with the man " that's the big boss" he added his wand held at his side as he looked back then back to the man . " dark magic is outlawed here, and an unforgivable cures is well for want of a better word unforgivable." he noticed two men trying to sneak around an he cast protificus totalus , at them both making them fall like stone to the floor " nice try, get out, last word" he said taking a step forward and turning his body slightly to the left so he was slightly side on to them.

Jack moved up to stand with Joseph and gave a growl. " hum seems some one was lacking, badly, Robert with your permission " Joseph your lead grounds man" he said making Joseph turn and look at him " oh don't look like that , focus" he said not looking away from the man.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:56 pm

"You're done here," Robert said to the trainee. "You're fired. Jack, would you and Joseph go pack his things so he doesn't leave here with anything that he did not arrive with. I believe Angus and I can keep him secured until you arrive back with his bag. Then we'll remove him from the property."

"Not a problem," Angus said, his wand trained on the man. "My wand is set on Extra Crispy."

"Consider yourself forewarned," Robert said coolly. "Angus never misses."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:06 pm

Joseph looked to Robert and nodded his head as did Jack " " I'm on it. " he aperated to the grounds man hut and accioed everything not owned by Robert and put it in a battered knapsack and ported back dropping it at the mans feet before walking over to stand with Jack then turning to look at him " I'd advise you leave" he said calmly to him "oh and take your mess with you."

"This isn't over Tremaine, you can't hide behind your masters forever mark my words, your nothing but a lap dog." Joseph turned to look at him but said nothing.

" yes, it is" Joseph said calmy as the man and the other men ported out leaving nothing but a bad taste in Joseph's mouth.

" damn it, Garth!" Jack called out and a small ginger man ran over " start changing the spells add a spell for dark magic , your good at that, if you can't find some one who can, Frazer, he can help, go now." he said and the man ran off. Turning to Robert Joseph walked over and looked at him.

" I caught him casting Cruciatus Curse, I hate dark magic, I saw what it does to a body and .." he paused relaxing his balled hands " it was my fault for not notifying you he would leave the grounds man's tower after dark, I thought it was due to a woman not...that." he told Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:24 pm

"Joseph," Robert said calmly, "it's fine. We sometimes get people who don't want to follow the rules. When we deal with them, we generally don't need to do it more than once. Don't let it rattle you." He looked at Angus. "Well done. You alright?"

"Fine," Angus said. "Felt good to put my skills to use again.

"You haven't lost a jot of it over the week you've been on the bench," Robert laughed. "I don't think he saw anyone who could do that?"

"Well, if he tries to come back, I won't just slash him, I'll skewer him once and for all."

"If he merits it, then go for it," Robert shrugged. "Right now, I'm about ready to turn the heat up on those ribs. I'm starving."

"I'm sure they're probably going to be ready any time now," Angus said. "I'd better go see if Ruby and Aria made the big salad I asked them to make. We need to get it on the sideboard with a couple different dressings." 

"Well, go do it, then, because I'm about ready to start gnawing on the tables and chairs," Robert said.

Angus apparated back to the duplex. 

"Ru, is your big salad ready? You need to get it and the dressings out to the sideboard, and Ied to figure out where our girls are," Angus told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:33 pm

Joseph looked at Robert and nodded understanding him and his word's then more he became unnerved the less he could think rationally and aim his wand precise and could be more of a hindrance.. " I understand " he said calmer and now with a smile. Hearing the other talk of the grill he chuckled and looked at his shirt " awe now I got to wash it again" he said seeing dirt that had spattered up on to it. Looking to Jack he spoke again " I'll change and work with Garth and Frazer at strengthening those charms and spells, they might not have the strength they need alone" he said to Jack.

"don't be too long , might not keep any ribs for you" he said and smirked as he looked to Robert " tables set, just waiting on the food " he said and chuckled " agreed Angus, nice work" he said watching as Angus aperated out and Joseph walke to the groundsman tower to change.

Ruby jumped as Angus ported in her wand at the ready and pointed at him making her chuckle as she saw it was Angus " hey, Yes it is its in the fridge" she said walking over and retrieving the extra large bowl and showing it " want me to bring it out , oh I made a Cesar dressing for it not sure what others you wanted though." she said as she walked over to him .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:56 pm

"Why don't you take my big bottle of the homemade Italian dressing I have in the fridge? That, plus your Caesar should be just fine," Angus told her. He scribbled a note and sent it to Marcus's to tell them that supper was being put on the sideboard out near the big pool, and Angus believed they should all come.

He went outside and saw Sam and Victor coming towards the house.

"Going to wash up?" he asked them. They nodded. "Don't be long, and if Ru needs a hand, you boys step up and carry things for her. I'm going to check on the ribs."

"Ribs? We've got ribs? That's what we're smelling?" Sam was excited. The boys elbowed each other and dashed into the house, now on the run, not wanting to miss Angus's recipe for barbequed spare ribs.

Angus went to the grill and saw Nicky taking the racks of ribs off the grill. Angus picked up a big 14" chef's knife and made very quick work of cutting the ribs apart and plating them on an enormous platter. He drizzled them with more sauce and then set the platter in the center of the sideboard. Then he helped Kate take the foil off the potatoes and he split each one in half, revealing the crispy skin on the outside and the fluffy insides. He plated them as well, and put them beside the ribs. He then took the corn on the cob, added the butter and the Mexican street corn spread, and plated an enormous platter of corn on the cob and set it on the other side of the ribs. Kate was putting out a platter of the garlic bread they'd ordered, and Zoe and Shannon were setting out three big galvanized tubs of ice. In one tub they put bottled water. In another they put bottles of soda and iced tea, and in the third, they put lots of beer. 

"Come and get it," Kate shouted to everyone. "There's plenty for all. Come fix your plates and tuck in."

Angus glanced up to see Marcus's parents and his kids, including Poppy, coming for supper. Jonathan and Claire were walking with Poppy to make sure she didn't overdo. Edward and Simone came with the babies. They spread a blanket on the ground and put the babies on the blanket with a few toys and a couple sippy cups with water. Then they came to fix their plates.

"I can fix a couple plates for the babies," Angus said.

"No need," Edward said. "Already fed. They were hungry about 45 minutes ago, and they ate til they were stuffed. They're fine. Just fix your own plate."

"Oh. Okay, thanks," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:05 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded returning to the fridge and taking the large bottle she found and holding it up to Angus " this is?" she said seeing him nod she carried it and the salad and her dressing out to the table " okay salads here" she said placing it down with the dressings. She saw the babies and smiled to them moving to sit close to them as Aria joined them too.

Jack finished up in the barn and went to wash up once done he changed into a casual jeans and tee before he walked out to where the grilling was being held. Joseph helped the others strengthen the wards and charms before heading back to change he set his shirt to soak while he washed up and changed into a smart suit and cotton shirt his tie done in a half Winsor and his shoes shined seeing he was now going to be with the first stringers. Before he slipped on his jacket he slipped his wand holder on and placed his wand inside making sure before he left that it was not showing. Now clean again he ran his fingers threw his hair and walked over watching the barrier above them.

"Hey Sam Victor" he called out to them seeing them run into the duplex , he chuckled and saw Jack. " so what do I do at this sort of thing?" he asked

"watch and observe" Jack said and Joseph nodded.

"now that I can do, just got one thing to do first" he said walking over to Robert. " sir I believe these belong to you" he said taking out of his suit pocket four gold medallions he had taken off the trainees.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:19 pm

"Thank you, Joseph," Robert said. "These medallions mean a lot. For groundsmen, they basically serves as portkeys and grounds alarms. For those who earn it, these medallions can me a lot more--if someone cares to earn it."

Michael and Orin arrived with three pet carriers. One had Otto, one had Faline, and one had the puppies. Michael had a shoulder bag that had supplies for carrying for the dogs. Michael let Faline and Otto out of their carriers, and Finn ran over to greet them. For a few minutes there was a very loud din with lots of barking dogs who were all excited about a playdate and seven tiny puppies that Michael believed were just entirely too tiny to be let loose in the grass.

Marcus came behind his family, and he was glad to see how friendly Angus's and Ruby's kids were with his kids. Sam and Victor took right away to Zane and Kai and Ezra, and, then, a moment later, Tara dropped off Anise and Ginger, gave a quick wave to Angus and Ruby and ported out again. Anise and Ginger greeted Poppy, who introduced them to Daria, and the four of them came to fix their plates.

The kids pushed two of the six foot tables together so they could all sit at the same table. Angus was glad to see it. 

Robert, Kate, Michael, Orin, Brian and Khaat all sat at one table.  Abbey chose to sit at the table where Molly was sitting--the same table that Zoe, Shannon, and Nicky were all sitting at. Angus and Marcus pushed a couple tables together so more of them could sit together, and at their table, there was room for Marcus, Angus, Ruby, Aria, Edward, Simone, and up to eight more people, if they chose to join them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:39 pm

Jack and Joseph smiled when Orin and Michael ported in he moved to collect the puppies " ready for puppy sitting duties, hey thimble" he said smiling a she made her way over to him and let him pick her up and place her into his pocket out of the way for a while.

Jack moved to the grill and grabbed a rib standing he ate watching around as Joseph played with the puppies until they settled and fella sleep around where he sat. Walking over to Angus he spoke " nice ribs, sauce is great" he said " good to see you got your wand arm back" he smiled to him. Ruby grabbed some salad and a rib sitting down she smiled as the girls played with some of the foot stool puppies and with Joseph who made the puppies learn a trick to sit.

Once the puppies were settled Joseph stood up and stood with his arms behind his back watching as he felt Thimble move in his pocket, reaching into his right pocket he took out a small black sock and placed it into her pocket " don't say a word" he said softly to her and dropped it in.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:56 pm

"Glad you like them," Angus smiled. "It's a good meal for a crowd, and especially a summer crowd.  I've been working with the arm to make sure it doesn't get too stale while I'm waiting for everything else to heal. It's a good thing my left shoulder is the bad one and my wand arm is my good arm. I'd be so irked if it were the other way around."

"You're going to lose a pup to that young bloke," Orin told Michael quietly.

"Thimble could do worse than a guy that is smitten over her," Michael said. "Besides, I think she'll be a good companion. She prefers to be with a person rather than with the other pups. I think they might be a good match for each other."

"Robert said I could have a pup, so long as I train him to be quiet and act like a muggle stool if there are muggles about. So when might I have Zipper?"

"As far as I'm concerned, he's yours," Michael said. "I'll ask Robert if he has any sort of a spell to hurry up the weaning process. Its the least he can do if he isn'te going to spay or neuter them. I'll talk to him and let you know."

"I have a question for you, though. Is the food here this good all the damned time?"

"All the damned time," Michael laughed, nodding.

"Then what the heck am I doing, at my age, still working alone out in the field? Put a word in for me, would you? I could do a lot worse than gardening and feeding unicorns and eating gourmet food every night."

"I'll see what I can do," Michael laughed.

"Thank you," Orin said.

As people started to get full, Angus announced that dessert would be served in a few minutes, but coffee and tea were both hot. Nicky and Zoe and Shannon worked on clearing the tables and the sideboard and setting up mugs, spoons, milk and sugar for those who wanted coffee. Then Angus got out Simone's ice cream sandwiches.

"Simone has been kind enough to make a real treat for dessert for us," Angus announced."  "Homemade ice cream sandwiches, with homemade chocolate cookies, homemade ice cream, all dipped in both dark and milk chocolate and dusted with sanding sugars. Come and get one, and help yourselves to coffee or tea. And then, the volleyball nets are up if any of you aren't too full. There's also cornhole and frisbee, if you like, and, of course, the pool is open. Feel free to have a good time tonight."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top