A Birth day - Page 36
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 36 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 36 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 36 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:30 pm

Aria listened to Angus about the wedding and she chuckled when flip flops were mentioned " well I hope not I do not look good in a swim suit" Aria said knowing none of them had seen her in one yet. " but yeah she could change her mind again before that ever happens." she added then smiled to Marcus " I'll mention it to Jess next time I talk to her and get her to sort something that's flexible for when or if she choses " Aria said as Ruby nodded .

Ruby watched as Angus went to make something in the kitchen realizing he was prepping for breakfast the next day " oh, egg casserole" she said smiling " good choice, filling yet light right?" she said as she sat down on a stool and watch him scramble some eggs too.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:46 pm

"Well, that, and its a time saver in the mornings," Angus said. "Both casseroles can be put in the oven and then I can get on with other things while they're baking. The eggy bread is sort of an adaptation of a Heath bar breakfast casserole. Eggy bread, homemade toffee, homemade toffee syrup, and before it bakes in the morning, I'll sprinkle some chocolate chips on it."

"Screw the eggs. I'll just have a couple slabs of the eggy bread," Marcus teased.

"So you dont need any protein tomorrow morning then?" Angus laughed.

"If I have a choice between eggy bread with homemade candy in it or sound nutrition, the candy wins out on Sunday morning," Marcus laughed. "I'm allowed to splurge one morning a week."

"Well, that's why I made it. Sunday mornings should have some sort of splurge every now and again. And I do really try to make nutrition a priority the rest of the week."

"I'll have the eggy bread and then go for a run. You'll come with me."

"I wasn't planning on running tomorrow," Angus said.

"Well, if I'm running, and I have to keep an eye on you, you'll have to come with me," Marcus reasoned.

"That's one of the biggest lines of bullcrap I've heard in awhile," Angus said.

"You need to get back into the habit of running," Marcus said.

"Yeah, but I'll start it on Monday," Angus said.

"Why not tomorrow? Breakfast is already in the bag. You can put it in the oven and go for a run while it bakes."

"Ask me after I've had some coffee in the morning," Angus said. "Why don't you take the dog instead?"

"The dog?" Marcus frowned, laughing. "We can't even motivate him tonight to go out to pee, let alone for a run."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:54 pm

Ruby chuckled and so did Aria at the banter between the two men " oh that's so easy to cook and lay out" Ruby said smiling to Angus as she watched him cook. hearing Marcus mention Finn the dog ran down the stairs and stood by the back door waiting " seems he heard you" she said and smiled to the dog brushing his fur. Aria looked over her paper and folded it as she stood up and opened the back door.

" don't get dirty or you'll be on the porch" she said as Finn ran out into the darkness. Aria lent on the doorframe and waited looking out and up to the night sky. " looks like rain clouds are thick tonight" she said as she saw Jack walk with a large bag over his shoulder towards the barn followed by Jessie doing the same as they, she smized went to feed the animals.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:16 am

Angus heard Aria say the skies looked thick with clouds. He looked out. 

"You're right. Looks like it's moving in from the northwest," he said. "Its still at least a hour out, Maybe two. but I'm guessing there could be some storms overnight. It would not be a good night to have a ship out on the water tonight. You did make sure all the windows were closed, yes?"

"Yes," Marcus said. Angus opened the french doors going out on the back deck and walked over to the garden. The Fae seemed to be very busy tonight doing something in a hurry. 

"Is everything alright, then?" Angus asked. One of the Fae guards pointed up to the dark clouds. "Oh. You think there's a storm coming too." They nodded. It made sense. They were securing things. When one was so small, they needed to have extra protections in bad weather. "You lot are welcome to come indoors to our place for the night if you want. It would be safer for you there. We can help you with any repairs in the morning." One of the Fae gestured towards the castle. Angus understood. They would relay the message to Minos for his decision. "I'll be up for a little yet, so if you want to come in, feel free. I'll leave the patio door unlocked for another thirty minutes or so." The Fae guard nodded, and Angus turned and went back inside.

"Leave the patio doors open for another thirty minutes, would you?" Angus told the others. "The Fae are trying to batten down the hatches just in case. I suggested they come in for the night. I don't know if they will but I did suggest it."

"Good idea," Marcus said.

"I'm going to go shower," Angus said, heading upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:31 am

Aria looked at Angus and heard Marcus say he had checked all the windows and they were closed " upper level are as well I double checked them" she said as she watched Angus walk over to the flower garden as a fae motioned to him to follow. Heading in she paused as Angus returned and she nodded " all right" she said and Ruby nodded too.

"no worries, they're always welcome." she said as she took a small amount of pie and chuckled " I was hungry and this is fantastic." she said and chuckled as she then sat down to eat. Knowing it was late she ate the pie " these pies are really moreish." she chuckled finishing the piece she had " that silk pie was ..wow" she said and sat back on the couch as she saw the first drops of rain hit the window " well here it comes" she said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:42 am

Marcus saw a flood of little specks of rainbow colored lights streaming towards the patio doors.

"And here come our guests," Marcus said, opening the doors. "Come in," he told them. "You're always welcome." They came in, and in minutes they had found various places to sleep. Most of them had brought a pillow and a blanket, and they were content to sleep just about anywhere. Some made little impromptu beds on the mantel, a few others curled up in various places on the bookcase. Some others fell asleep on the kitchen windowsill, some on the end tables, a couple on the coffee table. Angus was glad they felt comfortable to sleep in whatever spot suited them. Angus came back downstairs from his shower, and Minos fluttered over to thanks Angus for opening the house to them once more.

"Any time," Angus said. "You know that. These doors are always open to friends." Minos nodded, yawning. "Sleep well," Angus told him. He cast a quick spell to dim the lights a little. 

"I think we should leave our friends to sleep in peace," Angus told the others, thinking that perhaps they should head to their rooms for the night. 

"Coming. Just securing the doors again," Marcus said, closing the patio doors and locking them. He went over to the front door, opened it, whistled for Finn and, once Finn was inside, Marcus locked the front door too. "I think we're good for the night, then."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:52 am

Aria watched the stream of tiny lights like a parade of fireflies enter the house and settle all over the room " might be with getting a small dolls house and keeping it out so they have some place to settle and sleep if this happened again" Aria suggested. Ruby listened and nodded .

"wouldn't be out of place since we already have a lot of antiques, I'll have a look online tomorrow" she said moving her hand so a fae could settle on the arm of the chair beside her. Hearing Angus mention retiring to bed to leave the Fae to rest she nodded and made her way up to their room, showering she smiled changing into her PJ's and then checking on the babies, finding them sleeping peacefully she was glad that both girls were safe.

Aria looked at Marcus when he said he would secure the doors again and then called Finn in who slightly wet ran in and shook the water off, Aria moved quickly with a towel and dried him off watching him head up to the nursery to guard the babies again. " seems hes in a hurry" she said and chuckled. " okay dog dried and all kitchen things put away" she said then started to walk up to their room. She paused as she looked back at Marcus from the bottom of the steps " you taking the night watch with Poppy again tonight?" she asked looking at him over her shoulder.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:35 pm

"I think she'll be alright tonight. Besides, she has a whole horde of kids looking after her. If she needs something, they'll come get us," Marcus said. "She's made some friends, and I'd like her to develop some trust in them. After all, finding friends you can trust is one of the most important lessons she can have in her entire life. And if she can't get that here, she'll never get it."

"I might have a better idea than a dollhouse--maybe," Marcus said. "Remember, you have over 50 Fae you'd be making bed space for. That might take several dollhouses to make that many beds for. However, a dollhouse might be good for dining space for them and that sort of thing if they have to be inside over a meal time or something. However, my idea was this--why don't you give Minos and his people free reign to alter or enchant the fake fairy tree in the nursery and put whatever little hammocks or beds or little platforms or whatever they see fit in that tree. Their little rainbow lights would comfort the babies anyway on bad weather nights, and, since Minos and his people are going to be doing the overnight shifts when we start the new schedule, that puts them upstairs closer to you and Angus anyway."

Angus looked over at Minos. "Sorry, Mate," Angus said, "We made that before we knew you. I'm sure our ignorant interpretation of what a fairy tree should look like probably leaves a lot to be desired." Minos gave Angus a gesture that meant that he and his people weren't bothered by the tree upstairs. Minos thought Marcus's idea had some merit. It made use of a dollhouse for the things that the tree upstairs could not easily provide, but then, in addition, it would give them safe sleeping space if they ever needed it again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:44 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and smiled nodding " makes sense" she said then heard Angus talk to Ruby about the inside home for the fae and she smiled .

" that makes perfect sense , they are very welcome to use it and alter it " she said smiling " I'm sure the babies will love having the Fae so close, I know Amari will" she said smiling as she looked to Angus " good thought , I thought it looked bare now it will twinkle and sooth the babies " she said watching as Minos spoke to Angus before he replied about the look of the tree.

Aria shook her head as she saw the rain batter the window behind Marcus and walke dover to look out she spotted several grounds men running to the guard house and Jack pointing bringing in several animals from out side. She turned to look at Marcus and sighed " looks like a bad storm" she said looking up at him as the sound of heavy rain drops hit the window.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:56 pm

"It looks bare because my enchantment on the lights for the tree petered out some time ago, and I haven't gotten round to putting another enchantment on it," Angus said. Minos gestured that he and his people would take care of it. "By all means, then. Help yourselves."

Minos and a half a dozen of the fae that were still awake fluttered upstairs and into the nursery. 

"Well, this house will be busy overnight, and I plan to sleep through it," Marcus said. Angus went over to the windows and looked out. It was going to get bad. Angus didn't like the look of the sky at all. 

"I'll be back," Angus said.

"Where are we going?" Marcus asked, his question meant as a reminder that he wasn't supposed to go anywhere alone.

"I'm going to lay a protection on the windows so the storm doesn't blow out the glass, particularly on the stained glass ceiling upstairs," Angus said.

"I'll give you a hand. Two layers are better than one anyway," Marcus said. "If this isn't a spell that both you and Ruby know, Aria, you both might want to learn it. Just a suggestion." Angus and Marcus went over to Edward's to start laying down protection on the glass.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top