A Birth day - Page 37
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 37 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 37 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 37 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:05 pm

Aria smiled seeing the Fae head up to the nursery and then looked at Angus as he spoke of protections on the windows . Aria looked at Marcus and Angus and nodded " I know it2 she said but Ruby shook her head so stayed right where she was and looked at them all Aria chuckled " I'll get Edward and Simone's side" she said smiling and headed to their side. As she walked she cast her spell causing ribbons of light to flow between her fingers as she moved her hands rhythmically " I've cast this more than once during the Mauvais tempête in new Orleans, mon amour " she said with a sly smirk
as she walked into Edwards side giving off a faint glow as she cast her spell over each window and door to make sure it didn't become damaged.

Ruby at quiet and shook her head but chose to head down to check Poppy and the girls smiling a she gently pushed open the door to find them sleeping soundly. She returned up to the main living area and sat down as as she saw the men walking around securing the windows a she heard them rattle from the wind " shesh this is a right howler, hope the pack is okay" she said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:14 pm

"I'm sure they are," Angus said. "They've weathered a lot worse, I'm sure. And Fenrir has proven to be a good protector for his pack. They know where they can come if they need more shelter than their current situation allows. I made sure Fenrir knew they could come back to the longhouses any time they needed it. So, I choose to believe no new is good news."

When he and Marcus finished laying down additional spells, Marcus made a quick walk through on both sides just for safety's sake. Satisfied, he came back.

"I think we're good," Marcus said. Minos fluttered downstairs and signaled that his guards would watch the house and that they'd wake someone if it merited it. 

"I think we're safe to head to bed," Angus said. "Minos has control for now, and I know we're safe. I say we head to bed and get some sleep."

"Agreed. Thanks, Minos," Marcus said, and he and Angus headed upstairs to head to bed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:23 pm

Ruby heard Angus and nodded " I agree, no news is good news" she said and stood up ready to head up as Aria returned from Edwards side " all done?" she asked and Aria nodded shaking her hands .

"yep, all locked down" she said walking over to Marcus " had to close one window in the pantry " she said to him "its secured" she heard him agree to head up to bed and nodded " i know one thing my pillow is calling me" she said as she gave a yawn " oops sorry" she said chuckling as she looked to Marcus " come on L'heur pour dormir, mon amour" she said brushing his cheek as she headed up to their room. After a quick shower she changed and lay down looking out the window at the rain.

Ruby smiled and headed to her room changing she looked out the sky light but saw just water running down it no stars or moon. She turned to her side and waited for Angus to come to bed she chuckled seeing a fae fly past the door to the nursery.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:40 pm

Angus fell into an exhausted sleep just about the time his head hit the pillow. He had had too many nights uprooted by Priscilla, and tonight he was exhausted. He slipped quickly into a deep, drained sleep.

At first he didn't dream about anything. It was just dark and quiet. He woke twice, feeling restless and uneasy, hearing the storm causing all sorts of chaos outside. He got up and did a walk through of the house, finding it was all still secure. He looked out the windows and saw some of the barn roof had been ripped off. 

The ground crew was on full alert, and it took him a moment before he realized what he was seeing. Someone had made the decision to move all the animals out of the barn. The bigger animals were being moved, he believed, to the barn at Robert's farm. The numerous small animals could go anywhere, and Angus knew if he were in charge of moving the animals, he would place them either in the basement of the main house or he'd place them in one of Robert's sub basements at the farm. Either way, the animals were clearly being apparated elsewhere in case the entire barn collapsed before morning. Angus was tempted to go out with them, but he didn't think there was anything he could do to help. He didn't see Jack, but he knew that if something this serious was happening, Jack was already on it somewhere. 

Knowing that daylight would not be coming for the next hour or so, he decided to go back to bed for an extra hour. After all, wasn't Sunday morning a good time for sleeping in? He went back upstairs, went back to bed, and, thinking of Minos keeping the house safe, he slipped back into a sound sleep.

Neither he nor Marcus saw the coal black smoke slip down into the house through the chimney. It was so black that it blotted out even the flashes of light from the lightning of the storm outside. It didn't make even the slightest sound as it floated through the house, and it seemed to be particularly careful to avoid going anywhere near the nursery where the Fae were. It seemed to be hunting and to be able to leave everyone else in their slumber except who it hunted. 

And then it found him. It wrapped around Angus like wrapping bandages around a mummy, levitating him into the air. Angus felt the pure cold grip of death coiling around him, and it woke him with a jolt. All he could get out was a sharp, loud cry for Minos, and then the black smoke vanished, taking him with it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:47 pm

Ruby felt Angus move from the bed and sat up seeing him walk out the room but she fell back to sleep. Aria on the other hand had woke to a loud crash and headed down stairs seeing what was going on at the barn she stood watching seeing Jack lead the hippogriff to the barn at Roberts Jessie was holding an arm full of rather wet pygmy puffs along with several men , one of which was at Jacks instructions telling the grounds men where to head with the animals his arms moving quickly as he stopped a piece of the roof falling on Jessie.

" think I should help them or do you think they have it in order" she said yawning as she spoke. It was now she saw a piece of fence fly at the man but he dodges it and turned to look at her her eyes met his and she looked confused at this " who is he, a new man?" she asked but as she turned she saw he was not with her anymore. Glancing around she saw the remnants of a black smoke hanging in the air and she dove to grab a bottle scooping it up before it could dissipate she stopped it casting immolate and sealing the bottle " MARCUS" she called out " ANGUS IS GONE,Hes been taken!!." As she called out a figure ported into the house making Aria frown as she thought there was a spell on the house to stop that happening. She watched as he swore.

"ayé merde ça c'est pas bon, Sis." he said then left just as quick dropping a card on the table as she looked at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:01 pm

Marcus was on his feet and running at his top speed literally before his eyes were open. Minos and the Fae, all fifty of them, had raced from the tree, and Finn had taken a firm attack stance in front of the cribs, ready to tear apart anyone who dared to come near either baby. 

Marcus raced into the bedroom, saw Angus really was gone, and he raced down the stairs, his wand aimed at anything that dared to move. When he hit the bottom of the steps, he saw an intruder standing in the center of the room, and before he thought, he made several of Angus's rapidfire slashing spells at the intruder. 

"You tell me where he is this instant, or I'll dice you into pieces so small you're gonna fit in a teacup," Marcus roared.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:19 pm

At a flick of his wrist he cast protago with out a word said and stood facing the new man in the room " hum, Sa you de ma soeur man" he said his voice deep gravely to Aria but familiar. The man moved into the light and stood tall in the room his white hair and beard shone in the light. Now he turned to Aria offering her his hand to help her up off the floor where she had been since catching the whisps . Once on her he turned his head to look at Marcus "  Mon nom c'est Radagast Albus Barnett"  he spoke slow and precise then gave a bow to Marcus " your Ami was not taken by me, black magic, voodoo" he said.

Aria moved to Marcus and showed him the bottle with the black threads still lingering in it " Radagast, long time no see" she said and the man sighed as he tried to reach out to her but she turned her back to him.  " we have more important issues" she said placing the jar in Marcus hands " I think Robert should be told asap." she said and flicked her hand unlocking the door  so one of them could go to the main house.

Radagas flicked his hand in a similar way and turned on the lights to the living room " I's say take that idea, if its whom I think has him he doesn't have much time" he said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:33 pm

"You think I'm leaving, you've got another guess coming," Marcus said to her sharply. He reached up and sounded the alarm on his medallion instead, but before the alarm could actually sound, Kate apparated into the room, fully dressed, dressed all in black from head to toe, with a full, flowing black cloak with the hood up because of the rain. She had felt the evil come onto the estate grounds, and she had gotten up, transfigured her clothes to full mission wear, grabbed her full length black cloak and had apparated to the duplex before Marcus had technically sounded his alarm. 

Her drawing on her own positive energies caused her to apparate in with a huge burst of white light, and she had her wand already leveled and ready to fire. She saw the stranger in the room, and she left her wand aimed on him. If this man made one false mood, she would not hesitate to protect her family.

A moment later, Robert apparated in as well. He was wearing black jeans and a black turtleneck, his own anger at what he believed was one more attack, causing him to arrive in a flash of thunder and lightning. He apparated in, standing right beside Kate, his wand also trained on the intruder. 

"I hope you can prove you have no harmful intent," Robert said calmly, "because if you do, I can promise you that some of these people here will make your visit here a very short one."

"He says his name is Barnett," Marcus said.

"Do I care about that?" Robert asked, fully realizing that Aria's name was also Barnett, but that didn't mean that this Barnett had any sort of white light intention.

"I'm not sure I care about it," Kate said. "Where's Angus? He isn't here, Robert. His energies are gone."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:48 pm

Aria looked to Marcus and nodded she too was not going any where , Radagast sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose as he pushed up his glasses that had slid to the end of his nose. Seeing a firy woman port in all in black he smiled and gave a low bow to her "Ma chère, si j'avais voulu faire du mal ça serait déjà arrivé, forgive me my lady if I was to do harm it would have happened" he said as Aria rolled her eyes as Ruby walked down the stairs her wand drawn.

With Roberts appearance Radagast looked at him and also gave a bow. " I do not know, I came to prevent it happening but alas I was to late ministre Lupin." he said accioing and sending over the jar with the black wisps in it holding it in the air in front of him letting it hang there . With his other hand he cast a revel spell and it showed the path the black smoke had taken and the exact moment Angus had been snatched.

Aria folded her arms across her chest as he spoke " Hes maybe a couillon but he doesn't use black magic." she said and moved to move Radagast's cloak to show his seal from the ministry .

" awe Ma fille, tu m'as volé ma joie"he said and she scoffed .

"the only fun you ever had father was cloak and dagger, with other women." she said and then paused looking to Robert " this is my Father Radagast Albus Barnett" she sighed and went to sit down on the couch before she spoke again " if you have anything to do with Angus disappearance I will personally turn you to a dog and neuter you myself." she told him then saw the hurt look on his face.

" Hey can we focus on finding Angus please " ruby said as Caprice started to cry from the nursery making her turn and head up to settle her back down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:26 am

"Pas sous notre surveillance, ça ne le ferait pas," Kate replied to the man in the doorway, not impressed. 

"Alright," Robert said, "at ease, you lot. If he needs killed, Kate gets first dibs. Ruby, Marcus, Aria, mission wear--now. Ruby, let the Fae take care of the babies for the moment. I'm sure Simone and Tara can look after the babies later. I can't imagine they're still sleeping since we've made more than our share of noise. We're not sleeping til he's back." 

Marcus transfigured his pajamas to his mission wear and accio'd his weapons and Angus's wand. At that moment, Edward came in behind Barnett, dressed in his black leather clothes, including his black leather trench coat, and carrying his battle axe. Beside him was Evan, also in his mission wear.

"At ease for the moment, please," Robert said to Edward and Evan.

"Does he have my brother?" Evan asked.

"Apparently not," Robert said. "He's Aria's father. He says he came to help." 

Kate took the vial of smoke and handed it to Robert. Robert looked at it, and set the jar on the coffee table.

"Residue of a dark arts spell," he said. "I don't see this sort of thing very often, but if I'm right, this is residue of a dark magic elemental that was summoned specifically for the task of getting past our protections to get in and take Angus."

"So how do we find him?" Kate asked.

"Well, Sherlock Holmes, I'm not, but it seems to make sense to me that we think it through. Can Suzanne do this sort of magic? Of course not. And for two reasons. First of all she's one of the most inept witches we've ever seen. Summoning an elemental takes an extreme amount of power, and, furthermore, they tend to overpower who summoned them if they're summoned by a nincompoop. It would take someone with immense powers to summon an elemental and send them out to do their bidding. Would Suzanne be capable of that? Certainly not. And especially since her powers are currently bound."

"So we're down to Priscilla," Kate said.

"Well, perhaps. or perhaps not. I'm wagering it is either Dominic, if he's free, or someone they've managed to engage. Remember, Suzanne still has a contract with them, and her obsession with Angus has not died down just because I bound her magic. Either way, with the things Minos has found, especially the charm he gave me tonight, I am absolutely positive we're still dealing with 'folk magic."

"So, then, since Priscilla is still presumably in Paris, are we looking at Paris, or at New Orleans?" Kate asked.

"Oh, unquestionably New Orleans. Remember the time change. It's almost 4:30 here. That means it is 10:30 there. It's not midnight there yet. They took him when they wanted him because whatever they're planning, it will happen at midnight, most likely. If I'm right, he's somewhere in New Orleans, and we don't have a lot of time."

"Marcus," Kate said, "he talks to you about what he's been dreaming more than he talks to anyone else. What has he told you?"

"He's told me that he's seen something play out, and he knew, in that dream, that we had come to get him, but we couldn't get to him. We were fighting to get through something to get to him," Marcus said.

"That's not good," Robert frowned. "That very well could mean that they aren't even hiding where they took him, but they have used some dark arts boundaries that are specifically designed to keep us out. This may very well be extremely difficult."

"Doesn't matter. He has to be on that stupid little island in that damned swamp. He's not here, and I know my job. I'll get to him, regardless," Marcus said. "If you lot can provide me enough distraction and firepower to draw off the followers there, I will find a way through. I promise you that."

"I believe you," Robert said, "but we'll need all the backup we can get." Robert sounded his own medallion, ordering every fighter he had to come to join this detail. He also hit a special alarm to alert Lee that he needed immediate assistance. "Aria, we'll need enough airboats to get out teams through. If we can get the commercial sized ones, we'll need probably three or four, and we need them yesterday." Robert was well aware that an airboat could hold a dozen people. Can you go ahead an arrange it and meet us at the same pier we left from the last time we were there?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top