A Birth day - Page 44
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 44 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 44 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:08 am

Jess felt Andrew arrive and smiled to him as she held a clip board and wrote down some numbers on them. Hearing him explain to Ruby about making note of how much Angus had drank and eaten she made note of each of the amounts on the clip board then moved to touch Angus gently so not to disturb him . Walking over to Andrew she smiled " good to see you again" she said and handed him the clip board " these are his observations and as you rightly said fluid intake." she said letting him take the board. Hearing Robert she nodded then looked to Nigel " best grab it while you can." she said then nodded to Robert " I can certainly do that in the morning" she said.

Jessie sat back and rubbed his neck at leaning over the records , it was now he felt hands massaging his shoulders and stood up to face the person . " would you not, I'm taken now." he said and sat back down to turn a page his brow furrowed as he saw a name he'd not seen before , " Pearl?" he said making a copy of the paper and placing it with others.

Ruby heard Andrew and nodded at his instruction, seeing Jess with the clip board she took it from her and noted jess had already put the amounts he had drunk and what was left on the board for Andrew " okay I think I got it ,we do have a measuring jug we could use" she said motioning to a cupboard behind her. Jess spoke to Andrew and smiled saying good night to all then headed to the main house.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:23 am

Robert went downstairs to see Poppy, and Nigel went back to the main house. It was then that Evan came over.

"Ruby," Evan said. "Obviously, we have to get the girls home because they have school tomorrow, so we're going get them home. I know the boys like to bring the girls in the mornings when they can, but I know the girls finish their day before the boys get off work. Tara and I can make sure that Anise and Ginger get home from school as long as you need the help. We'll bring them home tomorrow, and if the boys can't bring them tomorrow morning, you let us know and we'll come and pick them up. Now, I know you have all kinds of help here, but I know that Marcus and Aria have to sleep sometime. I am more than willing to come and take the night shifts and sit up with my brother so you all can sleep. I'd like to be useful, if there's something I can do. I know Andrew will be here all night. I get that, but if you need an awake fighter, I mean, just in case...well, you know what I mean. He's my big brother, you know?" He sighed, realizing he was stumbling all over himself.

When Robert finished with Poppy, he and Kate smudged the area around the duplex with sage, sweetgrass, and palo santo wood.  Then they laid a line of sacred salt and red brick dust around the outside of the duplex to create an additional barrier. Kate and Robert both felt like there was a distinctively more peaceful energy inside the protection circle they had just laid, and Kate felt like that might help Ruby just naturally relax without even realizing what had caused her to feel better. She knew that Caprice was still close to Angus.

"She still has an urgent message that she wants us to know, but its not getting through yet," Kate said. "She's still here because she feels that we don't know exactly what we need to protect Angus from."

"And she'd be right," Robert sighed. "I'm trying to cover every single damned base I can think of."

"I know, my dear. Right now you're tired. You have got to get some sleep tonight. Don't let this start another big round of insomnia for you."

"Well, Nigel would hardly let that happen, now, would he?" Robert laughed. "Come on. I think we're done here for now. I really want a shower and some fresh clothes, and may a cocktail with some firewhiskey. 

"I'll have Michael make you a cocktail while you shower," she smiled, taking his hand. They went back to the main house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:46 am

Ruby looked over as Even walked in and started to talk she smiled and walke dover to him and gave him a hug " what ever you can do will be great" she said " but don't burn your self out, hes here, he's safe and being looked after buy the best" she said looking at him " if you want to do a night shift with Andrew , that's fine with me but I know all he'll do is sleep for a few days." she told him" I know you feel useless, I do to, but we have to keep going and take over for him, its why I learned to cook, so he didn't have to worry while he was on a mission that we were eating take outs all the time." she said and chuckled " this is how we work, I do hope this will be the last at least till he's healed again." she kept her hands resting on Evens arms as she spoke again " she chuckled and smiled to him " thankyou for the offer, come tomorrow if your able."

Jessie turned a page and stood up gathering the paper work he looked at Kaiden " so whose the lucky guy?" Kaden asked Jessie started to walk away from him but stopped and looked at him.

" his name is Yu long" he said " hes a fighter from Japan whose come here as an exchange and no before you ask hes on permanent loan to Robert." he then showed his hand before walking to the main doors and out  before porting back to the cabin with the copied info to study. Once there he set the paper work down and slipped off his shoes and headed to the table sitting cross legged at it he moved everything around. Yu after putting Chris to bed walke dover " whose this?" he asked showing an old woman with piercingly evil gaze looking at them. " that's our great gran pearl Olivia Sanders." he said yawning as he continued to look threw the papers.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:58 am

Marcus was sitting and looking at the pearl ring that Caprice had chucked at them, and it was still sticking in his brain that something was bothering her, something she felt was hugely important. When Jessie started talking about what he had found and said the name Pearl, things clicked into place like a tumbler in a lock for Angus. 

"Pearl! That's it, isn't it, Caprice? It has something to do with Pearl?" Marcus asked, looking around, not sure where Caprice might be hanging around. He came over to Jessie and looked at the picture Jessie had brought back. He hurried to the floo and opened it. 

"Khaat, you there?" he called.

"She's not, but I am," Robert said. "What's up?"

"I need into the St. Mungo records straight away."

"You're not the bloody pope, Marcus," Robert scowled.

"No, but you are. Come on. This is exactly what Caprice was on about today when she trashed the living room."

"What?" Robert asked, now interested.

"Come on. We gotta go now," Marcus said.

"Well, shit," Robert sighed. "Give me...well, hell." He swallowed his cocktail in one go. "Alright. I'll meet you in Khaat's office. This better not be a waste of my time, Belby."

"Right," Marcus closed the floo. "You're in charge, Aria. Don't burn the place down while I'm gone." Marcus flicked his wand and disappeared
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:16 am

Ruby , Jessie and Yu all looked at Marcus as he suddenly stood up and about pearl " what our great grand mother?" Jessi said confused but could not say any more as Marcus disappeared .

"as if we'd burn down the place" aria said with a chuckle as Marcus ported out with little explanation. " whose Pearl?" she asked " no I mean really I know you said shes your grand mother" she asked and Jessie picked up the picture and show her it. " wow she looks evil" she said walking over to to take a closer look.

"yep, well what ever's got Marcus all fired up must be good" Jessie said and gathered the papers. Yu looked at Aria and sighed " I'll take Jessie home , he's beat" he said and took Jessie hand in his own leaving the papers on the table.

2okay I think quiet is best for now" she said moving to sit close to Angus in case he needed anything. While Ruby cleared up the kitchen and started prepping for supper.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:34 am

Marcus and Robert met at Khaat's office, and Robert opened the normally forbidden records locker.

"What are we looking for?" Robert asked.

"First, Suzanne," Marcus said. 

"Why?" Robert frowned.

"Trust me," Marcus said. Robert opened the files, and they started to read. Robert was most curious when, during the summer before Suzanne was due to go to Hogwarts, after she had been accepted, she was taken to the hospital by her mother for an accident she suffered. The report said that Suzanne's mother said that she had been been playing in the potions cabinet in the bathroom, caused herself an accident, and her mother feared she had injured herself. 

"That report doesn't say crap," Robert said, "but this is interesting. They said she was suffering from some sort of damage, and they believed, at that time, that it was emotional because she wasn't able to do any of the natural magic that she had been doing before she had the accident. That doesn't make any sense."  

"Look here, though," Marcus said, handing him a report from her Hogwarts years. "She was brought in by the Hogwarts staff, and they had said that she couldn't cast a spell. Hogwarts had classified her as a squib! Her parents went bonkers apparently, and someone on staff at the hospital said she could do some very rudimentary magic spells. They believed it was the result of the emotional trauma she suffered as a child from the potions cabinet incident."

"Codswallop," Robert said. "Something is really fishy there." He pulled the files on Charlotte and began reading them. "Look here. Did you know that Charlotte never went to Hogwarts at all?"

"She didn't? Where'd she go, then?"

"Nowhere. She was determined at age 9 to be a squib herself. She never went to school beyond her elementary years."

"You're kidding."

"Nope," Robert said, handing the files to Marcus.

"Well, I'll be damned," Marcus said. "What about Pearl?"

"I don't know. Let's see, Oh, and I found Charlotte's husband's file--Gideon. Here." Robert fetched the files and opened Pearl's. "Pearll..."

"Robert, wait. Gideon Whitaker, died of suicide. Three years almost to the day before Charlotte died."

"Suicide? How?" 

"Um...wait. I'll look for the autopsy..." Marcus searched the file. "He died of a self inflicted muggle gunshot wound, it says...Wait a minute. That's not even possible. Look here. The autopsy report shows the gunshot wound in the back of his head at the base of his skull. And on the left side of his head." 

"Let me see that," Robert said. "This is an utter lie. Look here. Here's the giveaway. There's a notation of a callous on the second finger on his right hand. That's a writer's callous. Gabriel Florence was right handed. There's no possible way for him to shoot himself in the back of his own head, on the left hand side when he was right handed. This man was murdered."

"Exactly," Marcus said.

"What the hell have you stumbled onto?" Robert frowned at him. 

"Maybe Pearl's file has some answers," Marcus said. The two of them finished reading the files, including Pearl's, and Robert loaded the whole batch of files up in his bag. 

"You didn't see this," Robert said.

"See what?" Marcus said.

"Let's go home. Ruby and Jessie deserve to see this. I think this points us in a whole new direction."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:46 am

Ruby finished supper prep and made some tea for every one remaining , sitting down she was glad to gather her thoughts as was Aria who looked at the clock wondering just what it was that caused Marcus to dive off so fast. Aria and Radagast who had stood quiet in the background stepped forward with a cup of tea for Ruby.

" thank you" she said and he smiled to her as he moved to sit on the chair he had occupied earlier.

"no trouble, I know what its like to look after an injured partner" he said softly as he sat down " what ever scared your amoureux" he said looking to Aria " must be good" he made the book he had been reading appear again in front of him as he began to read again as they waited.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:02 am

Marcus and Robert apparated back in, and they came straight to the kitchen table. 

"You're going to want to see this," Marcus told Ruby. "This changes everything. And I think there is a lot more to know than what's here. This is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg."

"So, here's the bottom line," Robert said. "What we're going to tell you is technically not legal for you to know. Got me? So this conversation never happened. But, I think Angus's gran might be right. I think Angus's life might depend on this in the long run. So, we all know your mother can't do shit with a wand, right? There's some screwball story in her medical records that says some sort of shady hocus pocus happened."

Robert showed her the reports that she had been approved to go to Hogwarts and then supposedly had some sort of an accident that rendered her incapable of casting a spell. She was classified as a squib by St. Mungos but then was later found to be able to do some very basic spells and sent to Hogwarts anyway. It didn't make sense at all. If she had only been able to do the most basic spells, she should have never gotten to Hogwarts at all. 

"I think Headmaster Dippet knew or suspected something, and he probably did what he did to try to protect your mother from something, And I think Marcus and I know what that might have been. Now, your grandmother never went to Hogwarts. Suzanne's mother was classified as a squib and never went at all. Looking further, we found a copy of a marriage certificate for your grandmother Charlotte. And, there are two birth certificates on file. One is clearly a fraud, and it makes your grandmother older than she rightfully was."

"She showed up with case of appendicitis at St. Mungos," Marcus said, showing her the two birth certificates and the marriage certificate, "and her husband, Gideon, was with her. He gave them this phony birth certificate and also a copy of their marriage certificate from their ceremony on the European continent three weeks before. I think Charlotte fell in love with Gideon, and I think there were sound reasons why she ran away from her mother and fled to the continent with Gideon, lied about her age to the point of getting a phony birth certificate, and then got married. And get this. When she married Gideon she was one week away from turning 14. She was only thirteen, but her birth certificate said she was already 15, getting ready to turn 16. I suspect Gideon was trying to protect her from your great grandmother. Remember, this afternoon? Remember this?" He showed Ruby the pearl ring that Caprice had thrown to them. "This is the key right here, and Angus' gran figured it out. This whole thing is about Pearl. Not this ring, not this pearl. Your great grandmother. Wait til we tell you about her."

"We're not done yet with your grandparents, though," Robert said. "There's more."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:18 am

Ruby heard Robert and Marcus port back into the duplex when they spoke her name she walked over to stand with them as she saw the paper work in front of her and heard what they said. She racked her brain and looked at them both " whats this got to do with Angus?" she asked it was now she sat down " you think she's alive, and doing this, but she died in 1967 ?" she said.

Jessie at the cabin could not sleep he dreamed of being in a dark room a voice echoed around him teasing him , belittling him taunting him, it was now he felt a hand on his shoulder but as he turned he saw nobody and it began again until something came at him and he woke up with a start dressing he hurried over to the duplex where he found Ruby and Marcus , walking over he looked at the repots and looked to Robert "I couldn't sleep," he said and looked to them both " Pearl, our grand mother she died, I have a copy of the death certificate?" he said moving some of the paper work on the counter and pulling it out to show them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:44 am

"We haven't gotten to Pearl yet, not really," Robert said, "Have a seat. We'll get to her. We're talking about your grandparents still. So, as it goes, if facts are still accurate here, and I really don't think they are, your grandmother Charlotte supposedly died in 1984 of 'natural causes." Now, do the math yourself. She was born in 1927. She died in 1984, and remember, she had wizard physiology. that would have made her 57 at her death. What wizard or witch dies of natural causes at 57? Not a blooming one. 

"So keep that in mind," Marcus said, "Your grandfather Gideon survived as a widower for three more years and supposedly died almost 3 years to the day of the same month and day as your grandmother. The death certificate says he shot himself in the head with a muggle gun. But, take note of a couple of things. First of all, the autopsy record very clearly says the gunshot was at the base of the skull on the left hand side. And, see here that it notes a callous on the second finger of the right hand. That's proof he was right handed. What right handed man manages to shoot himself in the back of his head, using his nondominant hand? Robert and I think he was murdered."

"And that takes us to Pearl. Pearl was supposedly born in 1899 and was supposedly married to Elwood Sanders in 1924.  That makes her exactly the right age to be the flapper woman Angus saw in his sleep. She supposedly did go to Hogwarts, was in Slytherin house, and excelled at Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Transfigurations. According to this, Elwood Sanders died of 'natural causes' in 1928. He was born in 1898, one year before Pearl. That would have made him 30 years old. Again, what wizard dies of natural causes that young. Supposedly, Pearl died in 1967, but look here. Someone has slipped in a picture from a newspaper of a New Year's Eve party. Look here. If that isn't Pearl, I'll eat this damned picture. And you see those clothes she's wearing? Those jeans and shoes weren't even created until 1978. There's no way that was taken in 1967. Something isn't right. We need to dig deeper and find out what exactly is going on with your great grandmother Pearl. But, if Angus's gran is right, we need to be extremely careful because if she's still alive, she could be exceptionally deadly."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top