A Birth day - Page 43
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 43 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 43 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 43 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:40 pm

Ruby heard Marcus and looked at him smiling at his suggestion of making lunch for every one using the fish the boys had caught " oh that sounds a great idea." she said Aria looked to Marcus and moved to stand with Ruby .

"I'll help" she said as they walked past Marcus she smiled to him and nodded as they both disapeared into the kitchen to start cook.

Jack Radagast nodded to Robert and wit Radagast holon to Jack the ported away catching Jessie and taking him too with them from the yard. Reaching the wear houses Jack opened the large doors as Radagast and Jessie walked in, as they looked around Jessie sneezed.

"too much dust" he said wiping his nose as Radagast handed him a tissue. jack moved to the far side of the wear hose finding several lager brasiers and smaller ones covered by a cloth.

" got them " cast iron, that's going to be heavy to carry " Jack said .

"not if we levitate them" Radagast said flicking his fingers so they lifted up into the air he then ported them to an area he knew nobody would be stood . Grabbing Jack and Jessie he ported them to the spot too seeing all of them now placed on the grass. " now we have to move them" he said watching as Jessie and Jack lifted a large brasier each and carried them to the spots Robert had indicated Radagast levitated the smaller ones and moved them to the front of each building ready to be lit. Once he saw Jack head to the Duplex he walked over and stood in the middle of the yard concentrating he held his arms out flicking his fingers light blue flames flew to each brasier and lit them all.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:34 pm

Angus woke rather suddenly. He didn't jar himself awake, but he was glad to not be sleeping. Marcus cast a glance his direction and saw him wake rather quickly. He knew what that meant, even if Angus didn't jar himself awake. Marcus went over and sat on the edge of the bed and offered Angus a sip of water. It was then that Robert and Nigel noticed Angus was awake.

"Suzanne?" Marcus asked very quietly.

"No," Angus said. "I feel like I know her, and yet I don't."

"Okay. Let's think it through, then. What's she look like?"

"She's average height and weight, sort of blondish hair.  Wearing a dress from another time period. Straight, shapeless, below the knees, black, with some sort of geometric pattern to some beading on it."

"Sounds like a 1920's flapper dress," Nigel said.

"Weren't they sleeveless and with fringe?" Angus asked.

"Well, certainly not all," Nigel said. "Besides, there were dressier versions of the sheath style that upper class women wore as evening dresses. Could have been something like that."

"Maybe so.

"What about shoes?"

"Black, square heels, some sort of diamond doodah on the top."

"Doodah. That tells me nothing," Nigel laughed.

"A doodah is a thingy or a whatchamacallit," Marcus laughed.

"Oh, that helps loads. Thanks," Nigel rolled his eyes. You would be far more helpful if you would tell me who the woman is at the top of the stairs--up there." he pointed. Marcus looked and saw Caprice, just as corporeal looking as if she were still living. Marcus stood up.

"Your gran," Marcus told Angus, knowing Angus couldn't see her from where he was lying.

"You can see her?" Angus frowned.

"I'm sure we can all see her," Marcus said. 

"Hello, Caprice," Robert said. As he was watching, Caprice floated one of Angus's rings down to him. It wasn't one he wore often, but it was an antique gold ring that had two pearls--a large white pearl and a black pearl in equal size. She floated it down to him.

"Something special about this?" Nigel asked, catching the ring and handing it to Angus.

"I doubt it. I won it from some bloke in a poker game at the Leaky several years ago. My date ghosted me, and so I joined a poker game in the back. And, when this guy's luck ran out, he ante'd up with this ring. I took the hand and the ring. I doubt it really has anything to do with my gran."

Caprice turned, and with her arm extended ramrod straight, she pointed straight at Ruby.

"She's pointing at Ruby," Nigel said.

"I didn't even know Ruby then. I didn't know her til years later."

"Angus, did this woman have any jewelry on?" Robert asked.

"Well, some sort of necklace, but I'm not sure I remember exactly what it looked like. And, oh, yes. There was also her hat. It was a weird shaped hat. Sort of looked like she had a bucket on her head, and its was covered with pearls."

"Sounds like a cloche hat," Nigel said. "I can see how you would think it looked like an upside down bucket. Your woman is from the 1920's, clearly."

"Definitely. What did she want?"

"I'm not sure, but I don't think you'd want her in your house. Nor would you want to go to hers. She's not a nice woman," Angus said. "She looked at me, and her eyes lost all the irises right out of them. Turned solid white. And then, suddenly there was blood raining down all over me, like I was standing in a blood shower. And then I woke up."

"God, between you and Khaat, I would never want to sleep again if I were either of you," Nigel frowned.

"Ruby, any of your family members like being a flapper?" Robert asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:47 pm

Ruby finished the main part of the lunch when she felt a old shiver run threw her whole body then she heard Angus , handing things over to Aria she walked out of the kitchen " lunch is almost ready and , well maybe" she said as she thought back in her mind " I remembering in the library as a little girl looking at pictures , they were old and dusty like nobody had looked at them forever she said they were of here mother and that she had died , nasty looking thing , " she paused " wonder if the photo album was brought here" she said as Jessie and Chris walked in who ran over to Ruby and hugged her " Jessie you remember that old photo album?" she asked.

"yeah , I have it" he said and looked to Chris who nodded and he dove back to the cabin. Returning a moment later he handed it to her. " why do you want that old thing." he asked and Ruby looked at him.

"Angus saw a 1950s styled woman in his dream and wanted to know if we had any " she said Jessie chuckled and shook his head .

"impossible mom told me that we have no living family but her, her mother died oh years ago when she was very young, here" he opened the album and showed Ruby who in turn showed Angus " her mother was called Charlotte Florence, she was married to Gideon whitaker, there stood next to her" he pointed out.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:02 pm

"Not 1950's," Nigel said. "1920's. Whole different era. Couldn't have been her. She's not old enough."

"Oh well. Nice try," Angus said.

Caprice got angry in that moment, and all of a sudden, a deafening clap of thunder sounded from inside the house. And then, the whole bloody house shook violently like there was a hell of an earthquake. Glassware fell out of the cabinets and shattered on the floor. Pictures fell from the walls and broke. Finn cowered on the floor, whimpering. Food fell off the shelves in the pantry, and canisters came open making a huge mess. Food fell out of the fridge and the freezer. Some of the potted plants fell over and broke. The drawers in the desk came open, spilling things on the floor. It brought Edward running from the other side.

"I'd say she's pissed, Mate," Marcus said to Marcus, not taking his eyes off Caprice.

"Caprice," Edward called, "calm, my love. Calm. Tell me what's wrong. What is it?" Again, Caprice pointed strongly to Ruby. Then she somehow rained down thousands of pieces of paper. Edward picked one up. Each piece of paper had the same thing--a picture of Suzanne. 

"Got a clue?" Robert asked Ruby and Jessie.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:11 pm

Ruby looked at Angus then at the deafening sound covered her ears only to now see pieces of pater appear and drop all over her " what the" she said and looked at Edward. " I don't know what she wants, something to do with Suzzanne and myself?" she said siting down on a stool looking at Angus and Edward. Ruby accioed every phot album in the house to her and spread them out on the counter in front of her . " there look for your self I don't know who you mean or what you want she said .

Jessie walked over to her seeing Sussanne he looked at Robert " could it be some one tied to Suzzanne , a witch, like Ruby and her? " he took a deep breath in and spoke again " I'll go to the ministry and check our family history , if it exists there and bring back anything I find." he told him then the clock behind him " if I go now I can start looking." he said then spoke to Ruby " just look after Angus while I'm gone" he said and looked to Robert for permission to head out.

Aria finished lunch and stepped out of the kitchen setting the table and smiling to them all " okay lunch is ready, Angus you have cream of chicken soup" she said sending the bowl over to him still hot along with a tray with a plate for Marcus " now any one else want food , help your self." she added smiling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:47 pm

"Go ahead, Jessie. I'd say you should start with Suzanne and then go to Charlotte," Robert told him. 

"What a mess," Nigel sighed, looking at the destruction all around the house.

Edward looked at the pictures of Suzanne on the floor but when he looked back up to where Caprice had been, she was gone. He sighed. He could hear both babies crying, upset. He turned and went back to his side to help Simone comfort the babies.

"Good idea, Ruby," Marcus said. "Let's eat, and then I'll get a broom and start sweeping up."

"Just sip at the soup, Angus," Nigel said. "Don't push. Eat what you want."

"Maybe I can make that easier," Marcus said. He transfigured the bowl to a mug so Angus didn't have to fiddle with spoons. He could just sip at it from the mug.

"Much better. Good idea, Marcus," Nigel said, as he and Robert fixed their plates with some of the fish tacos. Nigel tucked into one of his tacos. "Ruby, you need to come to New York. You could make a killing there with these tacos."

"New York doesn't know crap about tacos anyway," Marcus said. "They're way too north of the border."

"All the more reason she'd make a killing. She'd have the hottest food truck in town," Nigel replied.

Angus sipped on the soup, but Marcus noticed he wasn't eating well at all. 

"Your pain spell has worn off, Robert," Marcus said. 

"Hm?" Robert asked. Then he looked at his watch. "Oh, you're right. My apologies, Angus. Next time, say something." He got up and came over and touched Angus's forehead, and it gave Angus immediate relief.

"I didn't know how much pain I was supposed to have," Angus said.

"Well, right now, you're going to need constant, strong pain meds. I'll tell you when you're ready to go to smaller doses. So when you start to feel pain again, you tell us. Otherwise, you make us work a lot harder trying to get ahead of it. Give yourself a moment and then try your soup again."

"Ruby," Marcus said, "if I can make a suggestion. I see most of our fridge contents are on the floor, including the pitcher of lemonade. I'll help clean all that mess up, but if you could, when you're finished eating, could you make another pitcher of lemonade, please? I don't know why, but in my household, lemonade is a good remedy for an upset stomach."

"It is indeed," Robert said. "That's a good thought, Marcus. I can explain exactly why that is. Back in the old days, when your grandparents were growing up, they didn't have as many medicines as they do now, and that's certainly true for muggles. So, one of the remedies that every apothecary had for an upset stomach was a sugar syrup, especially the same cola syrup that is used to make sodas with. The cola flavor has nothing to do with it, as it turns out. It the sugar syrup itself can reduce nausea. And, because lemonade has so much sugar in it, it often can reduce nausea in the same way that sugar syrup can. It's a fine alternative to medications that have a lot of artificial muggle chemicals in them. And an icy cold lemonade is definitely worth a try.

"When Kate and I first were married," Robert said, "I worked as a pharmacist in that apothecary in the village, and a muggle country doctor used to come in and get supplies. He swore by telling his patients, instead of lemon lime soda and saltines for nausea, to use lemonade and dry popcorn. Did the same thing, I'm sure. But his patients never once complained about their care to me."

"I've heard of that," Nigel said. "Actually had to try it myself when I got stuck on a road trip with a muggle from New York to Wilmington North Carolina. Its over 2 hours by car. And I had a horrendous case of what muggles call stomach flu. The muggle that was driving put me onto the lemonade and popcorn. Made a huge difference, enough that I survived the drive and was able to sleep a bit when we got to the hotel."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:58 pm

Jess heard Robert and nodded " charlotte " he repeated and nodded looking to Ruby he smiled " save me some tacos" he said and ported out to the ministry.

Ruby nodded to Jessie and looked around her and sighed knowing she would have to clean up . Hearing Marcus she smiled and nodded then chuckled as Nigel suggested she go to new York. " I'm good right here and my teacher is right there" she said smiling and motioning to Angus. Hearing him offer to help she nodded " I'll make the fresh lemonade" she said finishing her second taco and taking her plate into the kitchen where she set about making a fresh batch of lemonade for those who wanted to drink it along with Angus. chilling the clean pitcher she made the lemonade and placed lemon slices into it then carried it out to them with a glass for Angus " okay freshly made and chilled Lemonade" she said poring aglass for Angus and placing it next to him before placing the new pitcher on the table.

At the ministry Jessie walked to the rerecords department and spoke to the records holder, he looked him up and nodded showing him to the are he needed to look in then placed several large folders down on a desk near him. " These are where you should start" the clerk said then walked away from him, Jessie sat down and opened the first folder and looked at the first page , it was her birth certificate . He sat down and began reading.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:14 pm

Robert and Nigel simultaneously, without trying, each cast a cleaning spell. Marcus was going to get the broom, but the broom started sweeping on its own. 

"Thank you," Angus told Ruby when she brought the lemonade. "Do not start stewing, will you? It's fine."

"You don't even know your own injuries. How do you know its fine?" Nigel frowned.

"Because I say its fine," Angus looked at him.

"You don't understand, Nigel. Angus works from a constant 'I've Got This' philosophy," Robert said. 

"You mean he's bullheaded," Nigel narrowed his eyes at Angus.

"Of course he is. He's a Donohue," Robert replied, laughing. "Angus, so you know, you aren't going anywhere but right there for at least the next week, probably closer to two."

"We'll see," Angus shrugged, unconcerned, sipping on the lemonade. "Why do I cook when you can do such a good job. Good work, Ru."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:26 pm

Ruby looked at Angus as he spoke to her and smiled to him " I won't, I promise" she said leaning down to give him a gentel kiss. Turning she saw the cleaning spell in full swing and chuckled as Marcus spoke to Nigel " its true but I love him all the same" she said with a chuckle as Aria sat and ate her food before taking the empty plates into the kitchen to wash.

Jessie had finished the first batch of folders all he seemed to have learned so far was that Charlotte Florence was born in 1927 to Pearl Florence and Elwood Florence.. Marriage certificate will have charlotte as marrying Gideon Whitaker in 1952 Her death certificate said she died in 1984 from "natural causes, Gideon Whitaker had died in 1981, from suicide. Theis made no sense to him but he continued to look threw the records backwards, now he was looking into the Florence line. With a bang the clerk dropped the pile on the table.

"hes annoyed as hes got a date tonight" came a familiar voice and Kaiden walked over o Jessie ." unusual for you to be in records?"2 he asked leaning the table slightly. " how have you been?" he asked but Jessie didn't look up at him instead continued to research his family.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:53 pm

Andrew arrived mid afternoon, hoping to take over for Jess and Robert and Nigel. Robert and Nigel took Andrew out on the back deck and closed the door to have a few minutes of privacy to talk to Andrew in private, brief him on Angus' condition and what they had done and what the treatment plan was, what they needed Andrew to do. They shared the carefully documented chart that, of course, they had already started, and Andrew nodded. After some discussion, they all came back inside. By the time they came back in, Angus was dozing off again.

"I think he's pretty fully briefed, Jess, unless you'd like to meet with him for any concerns or questions you'd like to talk to him about," Robert told her quietly. Robert looked at Angus's soup mug and lemonade. 

"I'll take care of that," Andrew offered. 

"Thank you," Robert said. Andrew took the soup mug and lemonade glass and measured carefully how much was left in both the mug and the glass. That gave him precise amounts on how much Angus had had of both.

"It's very important, Ruby," Andrew said, teaching her the importance of this, "that we carefully measure all fluids that we give to him before we give it to him. We need to know, for example, that there were 12 ounces in this mug, and then, when he's finished, we'll measure how much is left. In this case, there are 8 ounces left. That means he's had 4 ounces, or half a cup of soup. That's pretty darned good for someone whose only been home for six or seven hours, given the injuries he has. Now, let's see the lemonade." He measured that as well. "Looks like he's had about 3 1/2 ounces of the lemonade, so not quite half a cup. That's good, considered he didn't have the lemonade that long before he fell back to sleep. We need to chart these amounts for the next several days to make sure his kidney is still functioning.  The fluid input and output, combined with the other symptoms Robert will be monitoring, will tell us if Angus is holding his own, or improving or if he develops a problem. So, I'll leave this chart posted on the fridge with a magnet. If someone gives him some sort of fluid, make sure they measure exactly how much is in the cup before they give it to him. It gets charted on this sheet of paper, and then, when he's done with it, we measure what's left, just like I did, and that tells us how well his organs are functioning. It's really important. Ideally, we'd reduce who gives him fluids to whoever the medical staff person is, and you and, perhaps, Marcus. That would reduce the chance that something doesn't get charted."

Robert opened the package from Iya, and he found a big jar of red brick dust, a large jar of sacred salt, a big sage wand for smudging, some braids of sweetgrass, a large carved pillar candle, some cedar, some palo santo wood, a smudge bowl, a ceremonial feather, and some other items. Robert already knew how to use these things.

"Does that stuff work?" Nigel asked.

"Well, its not the same magic we use, but, we're not fighting exactly the same forces. So, my thought is basically, when in Rome...you know?" Robert replied.

"Agreed," Nigel nodded. "Can I help you with those?"

"I'll have Kate help me. Why don't you go and freshen up and relax for a bit. Andrew's here, I'm going to send Jess for a rest too til tomorrow, and Kate and I will lay some protection lines with this stuff from Iya. I'll check Poppy, and then I'll be back over to the house myself. Jess, I think we're good to let Andrew take over. Will you relieve him sometime in the morning, then?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top