A Birth day - Page 75
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 75 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 75 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 27, 2024 1:38 am

"We'll deal with that once it's all sorted," Angus said. "For now, I know this is going to be unusual, but I think we need to go back and see if we can open a floo in that old cabin. I think we should see how Robert wants to proceed because this is going to be a ministry matter, and I'd rather not any of us get blamed for any capital crimes we didn't commit."

"Very wise," Marcus nodded. "Fortunately we didn't touch anything, so our prints won't be found there. Let's go back to the cabin."

They led the way on a hike back to the cabin, but by then, Angus was very tired. 

"Sit. I think I can still open a floo," Marcus told Angus. Angus moved the dust sheet off a few chairs, and he sat down in one while Marcus opened the floo and tried to reach Robert. When Robert finally answered, Marcus explained the facts to Robert.

"Don't touch anything, don't go anywhere, don't do anything," Robert told them firmly. "Give me your exact coordinates." Marcus gave him the coordinates. "Give me a few minutes to raise the right team, and we'll be there."

They waited nearly 30 minutes, and then they heard the sound of apparating out on the front lawn.

"Aria, let's you and I go, and we'll leave the others here for now," Marcus said. "We'll have to lead them back up to the cave, and none of the others should really need to do that." He got up and headed outside. He saw Robert was there with Lucian, Michael, and some others that Marcus didn't know, but he figured that since they looked like more seasoned aurors, some of them might be old team members of Aria's or aurors she knew from her years on the auror force. That might be helpful to keep Ruby, Angus, the kids or themselves from being suspects--unless Aria had a beef with any of them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 27, 2024 1:52 am

Ruby and Aria nodded to Angus as he suggested to head back to the cabin " good idea" she said as they walked back . Opening the door more she looked around and began cleaning the room giving Caprice to Sam and Anise to look after while she cleaned it . Aria stood with Sam with Dimond still in the carrier.

Hearing aperating Ruby looked out the window " Lucians here" she said as Aria walked to the door .

"we're in here Lucian" she called out and saw him with the Aurors walk over and into the room.

"well this is out of the way?" he said chuckling as he looked to Angus " so whats this about bodies?" he asked moving to stand close to Angus and Marcus. In the mean time Ruby got the kettle filled with clean water and lit the stove top placing it down she started to look in the cupboards for some coffee or tea bags to make a pot for them all. Aria looked at Marcus and lightly bounced Dimond.

"I'm taking Dimond into one of the bed rooms to change her" she said and headed to the back room finding a bed she lay her down but as she did a small rat ran out making her pick Dimond up as she watched it dive into a hole . Quickly she changed Dimond and walked back out " I take it back this place is a dump, a rat the size of a cat just ran out from off the bed, I think it was sleeping there." she said slipping Dimond back in the carrier.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 27, 2024 5:00 am

Robert and Michael and a number of others had come as well, and they came into the cabin when Lucian did.

"Well, there is some history that you lot need to know before this is going to make sense," Angus said. "And some of it is just now making some sense to us. This continues to be a matter that has the Gelding family at its roots. I didn't have a good relationship with my father. I knew he was just a mean, nasty man. It's ultimately how Edward ended up taking permanent custody of me from my father--Edward's oldest son. I always knew he had some criminal roots but neither Edward or I didn't know until fairly recently just how bad he really was.

"We came across some paperwork of my father's several months ago, and it told us very clearly that my father was actually a middle manager for Tom Gelding and his family, working initially for Tom's father. I believe he had to work his way up the ladder, and probably did a number of horrendously foul deeds. What none of us really knew until a couple years ago was that Ruby's parents--Reginald and Suzanne--worked for my father, who worked for Tom. We now have proof of what we suspected--that Reginald was a 'clean up' man for Tom, and was supervised by my father. We also found out just within the last day or so that Suzanne and Tom both believed that either my father or Ruby's father had squirreled away a massive amount of money, and they got married to keep tabs on each other, the information the other had, as well as believing that if they stayed close to each other, they'd be able to outsmart their own spouse and get to the money first. The only affection Tom and Suzanne seem to have is the love of money and each one's determination of making sure they get to it before their spouse does.

"We had a bunch of disjointed little bits of information, and we finally put it together. It led us here, to this old fishing cabin of Reginald's and a hidden cave. We managed to find our way into the cave, and when we opened it, Marcus and I went inside. We didn't want the women or the kids going in, in case there was something bad in there. Well, there certainly was. You'll find the bodies of some of the people that we believe Reginald and perhaps Benjamin did away with. And, at the very back of the cave, there's another room, and in it is a massive pile of galleons. We think its the missing money that Reginald and Benjamin were squabbling over. 

"As far as my family history goes, it makes some sense that some of it was probably money that Reginald managed to bilk from Benjamin. My father always said he had money that was late in coming to him. He was always borrowing from Edward. I think the truth of it is that it was blood money that probably belonged in some amount to both Reginald and Benjamin. We also found a diary that proved that Reginald double crossed my father, paid James Blood to get rid of both of my parents. James didn't do that, though. He turned them instead, and I think he did it, hoping that they'd tell him where the money ways--except that my father never knew. So we believe this has been a decades long feud of this stinking money."

"So you know, Angus and I didn't touch a thing in the cave," Marcus said. "Nor did we let anyone else go in, so the women and the kids haven't seen inside it."

"I can vouch for some of the evidence in the diaries and whatnot," Robert told Lucian. "I'll make sure you get copies of everything they've put together. For now, I think we should get up to the cave and see just exactly what sort of a crime scene that is."

"Sam and I used to play in the woods near the cave when we were boys," Victor said. "You may need one of us to take you back to the woods. Its a rather convoluted route." 

"I think Aria or I could manage," Marcus said. "We're pretty good with convoluted things."

"Because this involves my primary team," Robert told Lucian, "I'm going to suggest you lead this investigation, and I will help only when you want my help. So you decide how you want this done."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 27, 2024 7:34 pm

Lucian listened as he stood with Angus when Robert walked in he stepped to one side while Angus continued explaining what they had found and how it all tied together with the two families. " wow sounds like the Capulets and Montagues, you know that Romeo and Juliet story" he said and chuckled listening as Robert said he was lean he nodded " well I was hoping you'd have some idea but other than that we'd take Sam and victor and they can show my team where it is, but not go in, so they can begin cleaning up and identifying the bodies and any evidence, it will take a long time by what you described" he said and glanced to Ruby and Aria " sorry but babies don't ned to be in that kind of scene." he said as Aria nodded agreeing with him as did Ruby.

" we'll take the babies home and get them settled " Ruby said as Aria nodded to Marcus and Robert .

"if you need me I guess Anise could take Dimond back home with Ginger?" Aria said looking from Angus , Robert to Marcus as she waited.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 27, 2024 7:50 pm

"I would prefer you stayed, Aria, since you are the most recent ex-auror on the team," Robert told her. 

"The boys both have their apparition licenses," Angus said. "The girls don't yet, and the boys already have the babies in the backpacks they're wearing. You do what you like, but I think we could get by with only one of the boys here since they both know the way. We could have one of the boys take the babies and both girls home. If they need some extra help for some reason, they have Jessie next door or I'm sure Jack is out and about. They'd be alright til we got home, I'm sure. That would leave Ruby, Marcus and Aria here."

"That would work just fine, I think," Robert said, "unless Ruby prefers to take the kids home herself. But I still would want her to leave one of the boys here."

"Whatever you want to do," Angus told Ruby, "but Sam and Victor know the way home, and I'm sure either of them could manage to get themselves and the girls home without splinching themselves. It's your choice, though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 27, 2024 8:05 pm

Ruby looked at Victor and Sam and nodded , Lucian did the same and looked to Sam " okay Sam pass Dimond to Anise please your our guide , sorry Victor, get Jessie to sit with you if you don't want to do the baby sitting " Lucian said and looked to Robert. " okay now where is this cave and how do we get to it?" he asked and looked to Sam and the others.

Ruby moved to Caprice and gave her a kiss on her cheek " be good for your brother and no fighting with your sister" she added and smiled hearing the sound of that. Aria zipped up her jacket after she had given Dimond to Anise and looked at Robert. Stepping back both Ruby and Aria watched Victor take the girls and babies back to the duplex leaving them stood by the cabin. Aria moved to the entrance of the trail " should we go now or wait till its a bit lighter?" she asked .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 27, 2024 8:19 pm

"Since we're at the height of the afternoon, I don't think it's going to get lighter," Robert told Aria as they reached the trail head. Since Marcus had gone into the cave with Angus, he had gone along with Sam to the trail head. Minos decided to stay behind to stay with Angus in case there was trouble.

"Lead the way, Sam," Marcus told him quietly. They walked the hike back to the rock formation, and as they went, Sam and Marcus explained the clues they'd found about the Fisherman's Face and how Minos had helped them decipher that the rune in the bowl was a Fae rune, indicating an ancient Fae opening spell.

"I'll have to ask Minos when we get back if he thinks there is a possibility of a dark Fae that perhaps had teamed up with Reginald," Robert said.

"Minos would tell you that there are dark Fae just like there are dark humans," Marcus said. "He's told us that before, but Fae generally don't need humans. My question would be how anyone like Reginald or Suzanne would have gotten the assistance of a Fae at all. My guess is that perhaps they'd found someone to decipher the rune and the spell to help Reginald get access to the cave. And after that, Reginald just used the knowledge to get in and out at will."

"Makes sense but we still should ask the question," Robert said.

"I suppose you're right," Marcus said.

"There's the rock," Sam pointed out to Lucian. Sam walked over to the bowl in the rock and saw not even a trace of ash from Minos' spell remained. "Dang. He knows how to work clean, doesn't he? Not even a speck of ash. Well, I guess you lot can see the rune for yourselves if you want. The cave is over there. Between those two big boulders."

"We left it open," Marcus said, "so I'm presuming its still open. If it isn't, I guess one of us will have to go back and get Minos, and we'll have to gather all the spell ingredients again for the burning bowl. Let's hope its still open."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 27, 2024 8:28 pm

Aria looked at Marcus and chuckled " then that's a nope" she said and chuckled as Lucian walked over two of his men stood at each side of the others clearing ahead as Sam told them which way to go so the trail would be clear for the others and any one else.

Reaching the clearing Aria went and looked at the entrance of the cave before walking back to every one " yep its still open and stinky, worse than Dimond's diaper, and don't worry I didn't go in" she added . When Sam mentioned the bowl was clean she walked over and looked at the rune inside " yeah , wish we had a spell that got things this clean" she chuckled again and looked at Sam.

Lucian got to work ordering his men to Corden off the area while he cast Lumos and walked towards the entrance " so , going to show me whats inside?" he asked Angus and Marcus as he lit up the entrance. For a moment he saw runes carved into the rock around the stone and ran his hand over them " hum, old but not that old" he said softly as the moss fell away.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 27, 2024 8:44 pm

(I presumed angus stayed at the cabin since he was tired from the first hike there and back anyway, but I didn't specify that. My bad. If we need him at the cave, we can certainly put him there.)

"That's certainly what decomposition will do," Robert said. He drew a tiny jar out of his pocket. "Here, for anyone that needs it, this is a simple eucalyptus cream to rub a little on right under your nose, designed to be potent enough to cover up the smell of decomp. Harmless but effective. Just one of those tools of the medical trade. I don't need it because I'm used to it."

"I'm good, but thanks," Marcus replied, " As soon as everyone's ready, we'll go. It's a really low entrance. You have to either crawl on hands and knees or stoop to get in." Marcus lit his wand and let the way inside, not going any farther in but the large main room, and then he stepped off to the side. "The footprints in the rock dust are pretty much all mine and Angus's, I'm guessing. I don't think anyone's been in here since Reginald's death two years ago."

While the others were gone, Angus was making a search of the cabin and doing some reveal spells to see if there were any other hidey holes that held any more secrets. He was good until he came to the bathroom's medicine chest. It started to shimmer a bright outline of a space behind it. 

"Minos? Can you open this?" Angus called. Minos flew in and saw the outline of Angus's reveal spell. Minos cast a newer type of opening spell, and the wall that the medicine chest was on disappeared to reveal a hidden room, enchanted so that to anyone that didn't know the room was there it would appear to not use up any extra space at all, much like the enchantment that made Khaat's walk in closet bigger than a normal closet. 

Angus and Minos walked in and saw the walls were lined with weapons, shelves with poisons, and then an entire wall of torture devices. Angus's mind went back instantly to the times that Suzanne had done so many foul things to him, and for a moment he was caught up in some of the horrendous memories of the Tyler house basement and the Gelding cellar. Minos fluttered out to the living room, and motioned to Ruby to come see what they'd found.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 27, 2024 8:57 pm

Aria looked to Robert and the salve and shook her head I'm good I smelt decomp before" she said and nodded to Marcus as they made their way to the cave entrance , leaning down slightly she walked in behind Marcus and Robert noticing the dust covered floor that seem to crunch under foot as they moved deeper. Lucian took up the next spot behind Aria while his men used the salve and covered their faces with scarves. Lucian chuckled and followed Robert Marcus and Aria deeper.

Ruby was looking out the window at where the others had gone when she heard Minos fluttering and motioning for her to follow him. Taking his urgency as meaning something hand happened she quickly followed him to a torture room, she saw Angus stood stock still and walked over to him standing in front of him to break his gaze " Angus , your not there your here and safe, look at me and focus on my voice" she said softly as her hands took hold of his gently hoping the extra touch would break his thoughts away.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top