A Birth day - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 8 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:21 pm

"Well," Angus explained, "this all started with Robert's push several years ago to make sure that his first string fighters had a very healthy diet. He really pushed a high nutrition food program here, but we weren't always getting the best produce from our suppliers, not to mention it was bloody expensive. We had all these hundreds of acres of land between Robert's estate, this estate, and the Colorado ranch., and almost all of it was wilderness back then. So we decided to put the land to use, and we started, first, by putting in bigger fields at Robert's. And then we put in some fields here and built a bigger barn."

"You know, if you're going to add a summer kitchen, you ought to build root cellar, and also build a second story. After the two epidemics we've taken care of here, you should consider a small, onsite inbed clinic, so that if we get a contagion or something, we have someplace to care for them, and, since it would already have a kitchen and a store room, you wouldn't have to add much more to it than rooms for beds and such."

"That's not a bad idea," Angus said.

"Oh, and while I remember it," Edward said. "Dennis told me that the pack is packing up to leave the longhouses at least for the good weather months. Fenrir doesn't want them to forget how to fend for themselves, so he's planning on taking them on a cross country hunting trip across the summer so they can hunt and forage and keep up on their skills. They might return here in bad weather, though, if that's workable to Robert and Brian."

"I don't think they'll mind," Angus said. "Jack, than you for taking care of the Mackensie project. Have you talked to him about contracting with us for eggs and chickens when he gets re-established? We could keep him in business just with how many eggs and chickens we use here in a week. I'd like to do a long term contract with him and pay him fair market prices."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:30 pm

Jack listened as Angus spoke then nodded to Angus when he asked about the Mackenzie project. " yes we spoke at length over coffee and he's agreed, he sees it as repaying us for helping rebuild his home and farm" he said and chuckled " his words were 'after what you done, its a small feat'" he said imitating the farmers voice as he spoke. he then heard about Fenrir and the hunting during the summer " that's a good idea" he said " keep things sharp. while they can and those long houses aren't going any where, I'll have them cleaned periodically so they will be always in good shape for their return" he said.

Ruby nodded but it was Aria who spoke up " we could make room in our cellar at the cottage, it will be cool being close to the pond." she suggested to Angus as well as one at the green houses too." she smiled a she finished her salad.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:44 pm

"You know," Angus said, thinking, depending on what size we make the summer kitchen and the storeroom, if we do it right, we just might have space to put a running track in the basement, if we put it around the exterior walls of the cellar, and put the root cellar more in the center of the building. I mean, it wouldn't be as big probably as St. Mungo's indoor track, but it would give folks a place to run in bad weather."

"I like that idea too," Marcus said. "Why aren't you lot writing these ideas down? They're worth mentioning to Kate and Robert and Brian."

"I think we could do better than that," Angus said. "We're supposed to have a really nice day tomorrow--I mean, unseasonably warm, like, 24-26 degrees. It would be perfect to make a big bonfire and do a potluck and cook supper outside tomorrow night. I can get us some exceptionally nice salmon, and we can use an old Native American cooking technique and roast the salmon on the open fire on cedar planks. If its done right, the salmon has a beautiful smoky flavor. If we do the meat and bring some of Edward's wines, I think we could let everyone else bring a side dish or a dessert. And while we're eating together outside, we could discuss all those ideas with everyone at once."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:49 pm

Ruby nodded she agreed as did Aria Jack chuckled and then headed to the door " I'll talk to Robert , got to head out, I'll see you guys later but pot luck sounds perfect." he said as he chuckled as he left the duplex " oh thanks for the salad" he called back making Ruby chuckle. Aria moved to Dimond who was done with her food and held up the empty bowl for her.

" Thank you" Aria said and took it from her and placing it in the sink as she then gave her a drink so she would sit back down. Caprice did the same and she repeated her actions for Caprice. " I think they are learning that if they do good things they ger rewards but if the throw temper tantrums they just get time outs." Aria said looking to Angus a she placed Caprices bowl in the sink then the washer. " oh and I do like the pot luck idea, that salmon sounds delicious." she added
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:16 pm

"They are not too young to start to learn boundaries and limits," Angus agreed. "Well done. They might as well learn now as to grow up to be heathens." He headed for the kitchen to clean up the lunch mess. "We've got enough salad left to do side salads for everyone at supper tonight. That's a good thing, I think."

Marcus helped him clear the table, and when things were clean, he and Angus went back outside. Angus took a pouch and put in a bunch of miniature lanterns and lights to hang in the big tree that now housed Minos's palace. He climbed the tree freehanded, and he started meticulously putting the tiny lights in place, one by one.

Marcus wasn't keen on Angus climbing that tree, but he didn't know why. He was ill at ease about it. He decided to work on the last of the edging around the base of the tree, seeing clearly Angus's vision so that the base of the tree would look as elegant to the Fae as, hopefully, the home they had had to flee. Marcus saw what Angus's design was, so he had no trouble picking up the task where Angus had left it to fix lunch.

Angus hadn't been up in the tree for maybe twenty minutes when he heard a deafening scream in his ears, and he knew at once it was Anise. She was in trouble somehow. He lost his balance in the tree, and he started to fall, catching himself with his left hand, and the moment he was depending on his bad shoulder to support his full body weight, he felt his shoulder go.

"Let go!" Marcus told him. "I've got you." Angus looked down to the ground to see that Marcus had indeed cast an Arresto Momentum to catch him. "Let go, Mate." Before Angus could decide to let go of his own accord, he felt a ripping sensation in his shoulder and heard some cracking noises. Buggar. Again? Really? Robert and Ruby neither one were going to be happy with him, but buggaring up his shoulder was probably preferable to taking a header out of the top of the tree.

Marcus lowered him down to the ground, and Angus drew his wand quickly.

"I'll be..." Angus began. Marcus took hold of his sleeve.

"Where are you going? What's going on?"

"Anise is in trouble. I'm going to Evan's and if he hasn't heard anything, I'm going to that ruddy school..." Angus began.

"Slow down for five stinking seconds and catch a breath. How do you know she's in trouble?" Marcus asked as Edward came outside.

"I heard her scream. Didn't you hear it?" Angus asked.

"Nobody screamed, Angus," Marcus said.

"I heard it, too," Edward said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:21 pm

Ruby nodded as Angus and Marcus headed outside to help the Fae after a moment Ruby looked up and saw Angus fall she quickly ran out side meeting Jess as she ported in and went right to Angus" I heard Anise what's wrong?" she asked walking over , placing her hand on Angus shoulder she shook her head at him " Robert isn't going to be happy" she said " but lets leave that Marcus where's Anise?" she asked and looked to Angus .

Ruby walked quickly over to Angus and Marcus as Jess checked him out. She stood watching as Jess checked Angus but asked where Anise was. " she's at Evens " Ruby said " I can take Jess if you need to stay here." she said and looked at Angus then Marcus knowing Agnus had done something to his shoulder once again.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:36 pm

"Stop looking at me like I'm Looney Luna Lovegood," Angus got sharp with Marcus. "I know what I heard." It was at that moment, he heard Edward and Jess both saying they'd heard it too. Jess mentioned Robert wasn't going to be happy.

"Yeah, that wasn't in my plans," Angus told Jess quietly, trying to ignore the pain of it. "Might as well leave it. It isn't like it's going to fall off or anything."

"I don't know for sure," Marcus said. "I presume she's at the school. Victor took her and Ginger to Evan's today for school. Normally they have their professor come from the school to Evan's but they do go to the school for a few class sessions. Normally Evan or Tara takes them for those. So it's hard saying where the girls are right now."

"I'll take Ruby and start at Evan's," Edward said. "We'll find them. Don't worry. Besides, you both smell like gym socks. Ruby and I at least smell considerably better."

"Some of us were working," Angus said, scowling.

"I'll leave him here with you, Jess," Edward said. "They won't know how to deal with him being in a spicy mood anyway. Come on, Ruby."

"I am not spicy," Angus scowled.

"Oh, certainly not," Edward said, brushing it off, as he reached for Ruby's hand.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:54 pm

Jess looked at Angus and frowned " we don't know about that " she said and smirked as she then looked to Edward and nodded. " we'll look after him, go" she said Ruby nodded to Angus and took Edwards hand in her own hoping nothing was wrong with Anise.

Ruby nodded as she looked at Angus " we'll be right back" she said " or if not we'll deal with it." he added.

Aria stayed with the babies when she saw Jess rush over to Marcus and Angus. she wanted to go with them but stayed with the babies after the attempt to snatch at least one of them. She heard Angus and with the snap in his voice she knew he was in pain she went to the kitchen and pored some pain potion returning she set it down next to his chair knowing that was where he would sit once he came in for Robert to look at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 am

Angus knew something was wrong. He felt an urgency he couldn't describe. Something was drawing him away, pulling at him.

"I'm not supposed to be here right now," Angus told Jess. "I'm supposed to be going. Something keeps pulling hard at me. I don't know that I've had this feeling before. I don't know if its Anise or someone else, but its not my own doing. That's about all I can figure out."

"I'm sure Jess's advice is going to be better than mine," Marcus said, "but Khaat has always said that if a seer is hurt or sick it can reduce the accuracy of what they're seeing or feeling. If we need to go, we'll go, but I think you really should at least do the minimum with your shoulder first.

Edward ported him and Ruby to Tuscany, and they wanted the short distance over to Evan's house. Edward knocked, and Tara answered the door.

"Edward?" Tara asked. "Is everything alright?"

"Well, that's what I'm hoping you can tell me. Where are the girls?"

"They had their first apparition classes today," Tara said. "They're at the school because they have to attend those classes at the school since they're taught by the ministry."

"Thanks, Tara. If I need you, I'll let you know. Come on, Ruby," Edward said. He took her hand to port her to Beauxbatons.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:15 am

Jess looked at Angus and nodded " he right and if you need to go I'm coming with you " she said and looked to Marcus " some one needs to make sure he keeps hat arm on his body and not the floor" she said chuckling. " if its that strong , lets hurry and get it patched for now, Aria has pain potion by your chair take it and let me strap it up for now." she motioned to Marcus to help him to his feet and indoors so she could start working on his shoulder.

Ruby walked quickly to Evens front door with Edward. when he knocked she listened and took his hand in her own again " lets make it quick" she said as he ported her to Beauxbatons. where she hoped to find the girls.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top