A Birth day - Page 40
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 40 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 40 of 59 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 49 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 40 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 01, 2024 12:36 am

"I am honestly not one little bit disappointed that I don't have to drag a dead cow through the woods today," Angus said. "Help yourself to a parfait too, Jack. Honey almond greek yogurt, berries, and granola. It's healthy--except for a few little spoons of jam I put between the layers."

"Well, thank you, Jack," Edward said. "I heard one of your nitwits last night saying he was going to take a big piece of meat and try to lure the thestrals back, and he was going to do it on a hippogriff. Idjit. Just how in the hell did he think he was going to be able to get any hippogriff to be strong enough to carry a side of beef and carry him too and get off the ground at all?"

"Wait. What?" Angus frowned. He was trying to imagine a worker on the back of a hippogriff, and the hippogriff trying to fly while carrying an entire side of beef too. "What's that muggle phrase, 'when cows fly'?"

"Pigs," Marcus said, coming downstairs. "Muggle cows dont fly. Apparently they expect their pigs to."

"No, the idea is that pigs dont fly either," Edward laughed. "You lot don't know crap about muggle metaphors." Edward walked over to Sam who was just tucking into a pita pocket himself. 

"So, Sam. I think Simone has a couple of neon green tee shirts. I'll get one for you so you can look color coordinated today," Edward said.

"So he can be green with envy?" Ginger teased.

"I'm not jealous. What do I have to be jealous of?" Sam asked.

"Wait til you see her dress that she's wearing when Dean takes her to the dance," Ginger said.

"She's not going to the dance with Dean. He doesn't even know she's alive," Sam sighed. Anise was angry with Sam. She got up and took her breakfast plate and her coffee cup and went outside on the deck to eat.

"Not nice," Angus told Sam. "You have a lot to learn, Sam. You really do. I expect you to apologize to her before bedtime tonight."

"Oh fine," Sam sighed. "Even if she's wrong and I'm right."

"Now, you listen to me right now," Angus said firmly. "We're a family. We don't keep scorecards like that. You apologize and you shape up. Understand me?"

"Yeah, okay," Sam replied. He got up and went upstairs to change, and Victor went with him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 01, 2024 12:46 am

Ruby listened to Sam and shook her head " why has he become such a jerk" she said as she saw Sam go upstairs " did that knock he took knock his braincells out or something" she said she picked up her plate and walked outside to sit with Anise " I know you'll look drop dead gorgeous for Dean" she said to her smiling " we can get you hair done and makeup too, don't listened to Sam." she sat and listened to the birds around her and feel the air against her cheeks " its going to be a sunny day today, you and ginger going to go to the barn to name the new terrestrial?" she asked as she ate.

Jack looked at Angus and shook his head " I'll have him on stall clean out duty" he said " no one talks to a lady that way, especially one I deem my neice" he said then looked at Victor " you'll be on farm repair at the Mackenzie ranch" he said " its easy work but still rewarding, he supplies lemonade and small cakes for break, so do a good job." he added smiling to Victor " but no fighting"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 01, 2024 1:01 am

"Well, a head injury can change someone's mood for a few days," Marcus said. "Or its possible he's just feeling like an arsehat. Young men can definitely get that way. If he doesn't get his act together, I'll take him over to the running track and up the difficulty for him. Then he can try to prove to me what a big man he is."

"He's just irked because he thinks I tie dyed him," Victor said. "Thanks, Jack. I like Mr. Mackenzie. He's a decent fellow."

"We'll have to think up a name for the thestral," Ginger said. "I think Anise just really wants to get to Evan's and get away from Sam for right now."

"I can't blame her," Edward said. "And you both should soon get going. Who's taking you this morning?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 01, 2024 1:06 am

Jack looked at Marcus and Victor and chuckled nodding " oh they do have days like that" he said " and I've had great reports about you two from Mr Mackenzie, but today Sam is not going because of his attitude towards Anise" he added " hum could also be jealous that Anise is getting the attention of another guy?" he added " oh he might not say it but could be" he smirked and picked up one of the things Angus hand told him about and ate it " wow yummy" he said " and healthy too Jess will be okay with me having these" He finished his food and said good by heading to the barn again.

Ruby sat and listened to Ginger and Anise and nodded " well once your dressed I'll take you, unless you want Marcus to again?" she asked ad looked at Edward " I don't mind doing it, its a quick hope there and back." she added with a smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 01, 2024 1:19 am

"Maybe," Angus said, "But if he hadn't told Anise he was buying a muggle gaming system instead of taking her to the Hogsmeade dance, she'd not have even considered going with anyone else. Besides muggle gaming systems are forbidden, and they won't work here anyway. So he might as well set his money on fire. He'd better get his head out of his behind because if Robert gets wind that there is muggle contraband on these grounds without his knowledge or approval, Sam could find himself on thin ice with Robert. And I'm not going to protect him from it. He knows what Robert thinks about that, and he knows Robert's position in the ministry."

"If you want to take them, go ahead," Marcus said. "I think we should be safe enough for the moment. If you run into any trouble, just stay at Evans and use your medallion. That'll bring us to lend a hand. I don't know who would give you trouble though because everyone who isn't dead is in jail. I think you should just enjoy a normal trip there and back this morning."

Angus started to clear the table and put the leftovers away.

"If you take the girls, I'll check Angus' dressing and help him get dressed while you're gone," Marcus told Ruby. 

"And then maybe we can slip over and look at the new thestral foal when you get back," Angus said to Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 01, 2024 1:27 am

Jack had heard Angus and nodded then sighed shaking his head " will he never learn" he said with a little disappointment. Ruby heard Marcus and nodded.

" that's what I was thinking too" she said smiling to him " now go dress girls and I'll take you over , and Anise I really would love to see that dress" she said smiling as she picked up her plate and stood up " don't be too long or you'll be late" she said as she took her plate inside and placed it into the washer to be washed she walked up to her room and slipped on he shoes returning as she waited for the girls so she could take them to Evens. A few moments later she smiled seeing them both walk over ready to head out " I won't be long" she said kissing Angus and then moving to Ginger and Anise " hold tight" she said and ported them to Evens.

Arriving she smiled feeling the warmth on her skin " okay were here " she said and walked over to the front door and knocked " any one home?" she asked chuckling as she saw Tara " Tara how's things been" she asked giving her a gentel hug and looking for Even " where's Even?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 01, 2024 9:52 pm

"Well, Ruby's been a good mom to them," Angus said, "but there are some things that I think sometimes boys learn better from their dads. He'll come around, but sometimes they still need a bit of a firm hand. They certainly didn't get that opportunity from Reginald, but there are enough decent men here that I'm sure that as Sam and Victor mature, they'll turn out to be decent men too."

"We're ready already," Ginger told Ruby. The girls got their bags to take to Evans and waited on Ruby. 

"Hi, Ruby," Tara said. She gave the girls a hug. "And Anise! Good to have you back. How are the ribs?"

"Sore, but I'll live," Anise said.

"Well, Evan went out and bought some bombolini early this morning. Faith and Evie are helping themselves in the kitchen. Why don't you go join them?"

"Bombolini! Awesome!" Ginger said, as she and Anise headed straight for the kitchen. 

"Evan had to go into the yacht offices in the middle of the night, but he had promised the girls some bombolinis, so he left long enough to bring those to them and then he headed right back," Tara said. "One of the yachts they'd chartered out to some wealthy muggle celebrities apparently violated their cruise contract, had a big party onboard last night with some illicit substances and accidently set the yacht on fire because of those substances. Evan is not a happy camper this morning. The celebrities and their attorneys tried to blow Evan off this morning, but Evan's not even remotely intimidated by lawyers anymore. And he's not having one little bit of their threats and excuses. They're going to see they can't shove him around. Very likely, they won't want to sail with us anymore, and Evan will actually be glad of it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 01, 2024 10:01 pm

Jack listened to Angus and nodded " oh there's a decent man in there he's just got to take control and kick the asshat out" he said chuckling .

Ruby hear Tata and shook her head " way to go" she said meaning the people who hired the boat " I'm glad Evens dealing with it, can't have expensive boast go up like that without the people who hired them paying the consequences" she said to Tara " hope he gate them to pay, who was it that hired the yacht ?" she asked as she walked with her into the house and kitchen . Seeing the girls she chuckled 2 you'd think they didn't have breakfast this morning, Angus cooked this morning" she said to Tara.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 01, 2024 10:15 pm

"He'll get it," Angus said. "He's a smart kid. He just sometimes doesn't engage that smart brain."

"Normally, when we get a celebrity, it's their agent that books it," she told Ruby. "Evan is working with out attorneys to rewrite the cruising contracts to tighten up liability so that if things like this happens when there are any sort of substances on board, it's automatically squarely on them and not us. Not to change the subject, but Anise looks no worse for wear after being kidnapped over the weekend. I'm glad she's looking so well. She's a strong girl, and she seems to just let things roll off.  Has she always been like that since you've had her, or is she taking after Angus?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 01, 2024 10:23 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded " yep, god seems like ages ago we were like that" he said and chuckled.

Ruby listened to Tara and nodded "That's a good idea and she's always been independent but I feel she's taking more to Angus" she said smiling " Ginger is making lace and more stay at home" she said then sighed " after everything with James and Pricilla and Sam's stupidity this morning, she's doing fantastically as far as I'm concerned, Sam is more interested in saving for a muggle game console that won't work on magical grounds than taking her to the dance , she's found some one to take her but he's saying the guy doesn't even know she alive." she told Tara.

Jack chuckled and moved from Angus " okay back to work" he said walking away as Jessie walked over. " Hi Jack " he said smiling as Jack stopped in his tracks .

"okay your off until that heals" he said and patted Jessies shoulder " I'll have joseph take over for you" Jack shook his head and chuckled as he walked towards the barn " see you later Angus" he called out raising one hand .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 59 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 49 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top