A Birth day - Page 44
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 44 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 44 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:57 pm

Ruby and Aria listened as they made noted of placed Evelyn could be in Hogsmeade. Aria read each and looekd at Marcus " well if shes not thinking straight she'd go to these places." she said then heard Angus say not to pack lunches for them and Ruby nodded.

"just stay safe both of you , okay" she said with a smile knowing they both would be as she cleaned up Caprice after she had eaten. Grabbing a Sippy cup she placed her in the pen with it so she could play for a while. When Angus asked if there was anything they needed Aria spoke up.

"yes if you get the chance can you pick up some rompers and dresses for Dimond , she hasn't got any of her own and is borrowing Caprices, be nice if she had something of her own to wear, maybe some jumpers and cardigans along with the rompers."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:10 pm

"We can try, but we might not have time to buy her a whole new wardrobe," Marcus said. "That might not be on our list of things to do today while we're hunting Evelyn, Aria. I was thinking more like, 'Pick us up a loaf of bread, Marcus,' or 'we're out of ice, Marcus.' Not 'buy a whole new wardrobe, Marcus.'" Angus laughed.

"Besides," Angus said. "Diamond is wearing sizes that Caprice can't fit into anymore, and Simone bought enough baby clothes to open a shop. I see nothing wrong with Diamond wearing Caprice's things. They're like new, and she's too young to care if she even has clothes on at all. And besides, we don't know how long we'll have her. If we have her long enough for her to grow up enough to care what she's wearing, then we'll get her new things."

"What about that plastic tote of things that Caprice outgrew before she ever got to wear them?" Marcus asked. "There's a tote of brand new things still with the tags on them that she never wore at all."

"Where did that thing go?" Angus frowned.

"Downstairs in that little under-the-stairs cubby," Marcus said. "All of the extra baby clothes ended up in there. And one of the totes is labeled New. That's the one you two should check. The clothes are in medium sized totes labeled by size and also by season. You'll find four smallish totes for each size, one for each season. Angus is very organized when he has a mind to."

"And Simone and Edward have even more," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:17 pm

Aria chuckled and nodded her head " okay I get it" she said then heard them mention about a tote bag of clothing that Caprice never wore and were still having their tags on " oh Ruby and I can look it out and go threw it for Dimond." she said Ruby chuckled as she looked to Angus.

"Yeah, don't worry about us, and we don't really need anything really" she said " Jessie and Jack made sure the pantry was well stocked before we returned home." she brushed her hair off her face as she looked to Angus " just find her and get her back into Jeffery's custody, for her own health" she added and saw Aria nod " we'll find the tote and as Edward to dig out what he has of Caprices."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:42 pm

When the girls were ready, Marcus and Angus took them to Evan's and then moved on to try to hunt for Evelyn. They checked the Hogsmeade train station, moved on to Honeydukes and talked with Marcus's parents, and then went and checked Marcus's apartment in muggle London near Whitehall. They rather quickly went through their entire list of places, except for the bars that Evelyn would frequent.

They transfigured their clothes to suits and they went to one of the newer 5 star bars because Marcus knew that Evelyn wanted rich men if she were going to try to pick one up. Marcus was quietly going around and showing Evelyn's picture to see if any of the men recognized her. As he was doing that, Angus said men disappearing down a back hallway and not appearing to come back. That made him curious. When he got Marcus's attention he sent him a very subtle signal to follow him. Angus headed down the back hallway and saw, aside from restrooms, a stairway going up. That was the only other thing there, so Angus headed upstairs. When he hit the second floor, he could hear loud music, party music. He headed that direction and found a door that was ajar. He peaked inside and saw a party--and not the sort of party he would normally go to.

"Oh for the love of..." Marcus sighed, irked.

"You distract her. I'll apparate out with her, and then you obliviate these knuckleheads and grab her clothes," Angus said.

"And where will you go with her?"

"Your flat. That way if she decides to brawl with me, it won't bloody matter," Angus said.

"Well, thanks. Break all my stuff. That's your plan, then?"

"No. My plan is to get your ex out of here before she catches something from these tossers," Angus said.

"Oh, fine. Do bail me out of jail if someone escapes me before I can obliviate them all, would you?"

"Yep," Angus said. He went over, grabbed Evelyn by her hair and apparated out with her. Marcus drew his wand, and tried to copy Angus's fast spellcasting, trying to obliviate these muggle men as quickly as he could. While they were all just standing in shock, Marcus scooped up Evelyn's clothes and apparated to his London flat.

When Marcus finally apparated in, he was hearing glass breaking, and Evelyn was shrieking like a banshee. And then the screaming started to sound muffled. He followed the screaming into the bedroom where Angus was rolling Evelyn up in an imported Turkish wool carpet.

"Shut up," Angus was shouting at her, "or I'll apparate your lips straight off, you little heathen."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:53 pm

Ruby and Aria searched for the tote finding it they took it into the living room and began going threw it placing everything that was not for a girl to one side along with anything too frilly or girly. Soon they had a fair sized pile with several cardigans and jumpers and one rather nice baby sized hoodie.

" these should do for now until she grows" Ruby said " I'll wash them and put them into a draw for her." Aria nodded and wondered how the guys were fairing with finding Evelyn. Aria watched as Ruby took off the tags and placed them into the washer and set it going. Returning to her place on the couch she made the other things repack itself back in the tote and sent it back to where they had found it.

Jack and Jessie walked the perimeter of the grounds checking spells and charms as they went several new grounds men passed them by each doing the same and giving a report to Jack who noted it and continued to the next group of men. " seems everything is quiet for now" Jessie said and Jack looked at him with a raised eye brow.

"you went and said it didn't you" he said " never say its quiet because guaranteed something will happen" he told Jessie who chuckled but nodded as they continued to move.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:05 am

Angus grabbed the potion from his pocket and uncapped it and wrestled the rug enough to pour the potion down Evelyn's gullet while she was screaming at him.

"Where's all the blood coming from?" Marcus asked. "And the damned broken glass?"

"Oh, just some whiskey decanters on the sideboard."

"Damn. Those were Waterford crystal."

"And now they're mosaic pieces," Angus said.

"Well, shit. Which one of you is bleeding?"

"Dunno, don't care," Angus said. He grabbed a pillow, picked up a shard of glass and cut the cover off it and grabbed the cover and used it as a gag to shut Evelyn up. She started to settle now with the medicine finally in her system. "Grab an end."

"Where are we going with her?"

"Switzerland."

"She's naked."

"No she's not. She's got a rug. Grab your end. We're out of here," Angus said.

"You've lost your mind," Marcus sighed, picking up his end of the rug. "And I've lost all control of this situation."

"You can't lose what you never had, and you never had control of this today, Mate." Angus said, porting them to Switzerland.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:19 am

Ruby moved to the kitchen with the intension of making some deserts ready for when the boys came back from work so they could just help themselves while Aria watched over the babies. But instead she walked over to Edwards side of the duplex and knocked " hey , heard anything from the guys yet ?" she asked hoping maybe they had contacted Edward or if Jeffery had if they had found her.

Aria saw Ruby head to Edwards side of the duplex and looked at both Caprice and Dimond sat in the pen both playing with their stuffed animals. Aria flicked her wand and made sparkly animals dance just out of their reach above them making them giggle and try to grab them if they came close to them. Aria was glad she had see Angus cast the spell and copied it from him to amuse the girls.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:55 pm

"No, not a word," Edward said, "but I guess I didn't expect them to. That isn't what they normally do. Those two normally just do what they're sent out to do and then come home."

Evelyn was screaming obscenities at the top of her lungs in the rug when they arrived in Switzerland, and that drew nurses, orderlies, and finally Jeffrey into the main hallway. Marcus handed the bag of clothes to a nurse as Jeffrey looked in one end of the rug and saw feet. He went to the other end of the rug and looked inside.

"Well, well. Welcome home, Evelyn," Jeffrey said.

"She's had a dose of her medicine," Angus said.

"Well done," Jeffrey said. He looked at his staff. "Take her back to her room and get her settled again, please." Two orderlies picked up the rug and carried it off. Jeffrey looked at Angus. "And now for you. You're dripping all over the carpet. Come with me, and I'll get you a plaster or two."

The staff found multiple small but deep cuts on Evelyn where she had been brawling with Angus in the glass, and Jeffrey found several on Angus. Jeffrey did not have the same ability to heal by touch that Robert did. He depended on potions and on his wand--or on muggle methods for lesser things.

"I'll use a mending spell to start it healing and put some dressings on these spots. Robert has more of a gift in healing them quicker than I have. That healing by touch thing that he does serves these situations well. You'd do well to ask him to have a go at them. They're not serious. More nuisances than anything else. Still, he'll be able to either close them on the spot if he's very good or he'll have them closed and gone in 24 hours or so," Jeffrey told him. "I'd ask Marcus to set to your clothes right before you go home, though. Porting with bleeding wounds caused you to bleed heavier than you would have if you'd see to them before you ported. You rather look like you were in a knife fight and lost. Oh, and ask Robert too to check the back of your head. What happened there?"

"Thanks," Angus said. "That was the whiskey decanter that Evelyn broke over the back of my head."

"Well, that wasn't very sporting, was it?"

"Not so much," Angus said. Jeffrey handed him a couple of aspirin and a glass of water.

"I don't see any concussion, but if Robert is smart, he'll check that either tonight or tomorrow just to be sure."

As Angus was taking the aspirin, Marcus came in.

"You can have him any time now to take him home," Jeffrey said. "You might want to tend to his clothes a little before he goes anywhere else. His clothes are a real mess."

"Yeah. I know," Marcus said. He flicked his wand at Angus's clothes to clean them. The rips weren't all that bad, so Marcus didn't even attempt to mend those. "How'd she get loose?"

"Looks like she pickpocketed the key from one of the orderlies," Jeffrey said. "We definitely can make sure that doesn't happen again now that I know that's one of her many talents."

"She has slipped out of almost every facility I've had her in," Marcus sighed.

"Ah, well, now that I know, she'll find it a lot tougher going," Jeffrey said.

"She thinks we're still married, damnit," Marcus said. "And she thinks she still has joint custody of the kids."

"I'll handle that when she gets stable again. Besides, if she can't get out and can't send anymore owls, that will be a mute point," Jeffrey said.

"The last time she was this bad, it took months to get her back into any reasonable state. I don't think my girlfriend understands what its like to have a partner in this sort of shape. She doesn't understand Evelyn is rarely dangerous but she is persistent and needs constant looking after. Sometimes I think I should have not divorced her so I could continue to do that."

"Oh, for what end, Marcus? That's not a marriage, and you know it. That was just a legal technicality, and you didn't need to be married to her to look after her. She's my problem, not yours, and you're better when she's with me than with you. Go reassure your family and your girl and get on with your life. There's nothing more you can do here."

"Thanks, Jeffrey," Marcus said. "Let's go home, Angus."

"Sounds like a great idea."

Angus and Marcus headed back to England, and they stopped at an off license store, and Marcus picked up two bottles of their finest firewhiskey. Then they headed home. They walked in, with Marcus carrying the firewhiskey.

"The inmate has been returned to the asylum, so we're going to crack open this 27 year old bottle of top shelf firewhiskey," Marcus told them. "Anyone else want some besides Angus and me?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:09 pm

Ruby heard Edward and chuckled " no news is good news " she said as she saw Caprice drop her Sippy cup now that it was empty, she reached in and removed it along with Dimond's cup since it was empty too. It was not long after she heard Marcus voice and she laughed " oh that's good news indeed." she said standing and walking over just as Jess arrived at the back door and looked at Angus.

"Robert is busy so I thought I would help continue what Jeffery couldn't" she said smiling as she walked over to him " oh nice choice of fire whisky" she said placing her hand on his shoulder and set the small cuts she felt healing " you'll be good by the morning as Jeffery told you" she said then nodded to him " enjoy the whisky, you both deserve it." she said with a smile as she then turned and left.

" well that was cryptic " Aria said and picked up four glasses " here, I think you guys deserve it" she said poring four glasses and handing one to Marcus and one to Angus before herself and Ruby. " here's to psycho ex's back where they belong" she said raising her glass.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:21 pm

"Thanks," Angus said to Jess. When Aria toasted Evelyn's being back tin Switzerland, Marcus raised his glass.

"Don't get that way," Marcus told Angus.

"What way?"

"Her powers are too much for me to wrap my mind around," Marcus said.

"Oh. That. I'm rather happy as I am. I don't want powers like that," Angus said, sipping his firewhiskey. "I do need to go back and clean up the mess in your living room, though."

"Not to worry. My dad goes over at least once or twice a week and checks the mail. He'll set a cleaning spell in place while he's there. It's fine," Marcus said. "Angus is responsible for catching Evelyn, but it did cost me a few crystal whiskey decanters in the process."

"And an antique Turkish carpet," Angus said. "The decanters are still in pieces on the floor, and the carpet is in Switzerland."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top