A Birth day - Page 56
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 56 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 56 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 56 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:50 am

Ruby heard Ginger and nodded then heard her from above moving she went up the stairs then stopped " oh my" she said and chuckled " that's one way to keep people you don't want away." she said hen saw Angus and Marcus walk up hearing him ask for Michael she nodded " I'll contact him right away." she said and made her way quickly down to the floo.

Opening it she called out his name " um Michael we have a bit of a situation here, a spells gone wrong and the boys are trapped in their room, Angus asked if you an come and help." she said not giving too much away and hoping what she had given him would intrigue him enough to help . Aria hearing Ruby got up and moved to the stairs heading up she too paused and tipped her head looking at the door.

"Wow, that must have been a dozy of a spell" she said dodging its teeth as it snapped at her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:02 am

"On my way," Michael said.

It wasn't two minutes and Michael Robert, and Kate arrived arrived.

"Up here," Angus called. The three of them made their way upstairs. Kate grabbed an umbrella on the way, and for a moment, they just looked at the door, trying to take it all in.

"You boys okay?" Robert called.

"Yeah, fine but our room needs a remodel," Victor said. "I'm about to shove Sam up this door's..."

"Now, now," Angus said, trying not to laugh.

"He deserves it for fouling up his own damn spell," Victor replied.

"I might be tempted to agree with Victor," Robert shrugged.

"Robert," Kate reprimanded gently. "That is not helpful." The door snapped at her, and she swatted it with the umbrella. "Naughty thing, you," she chided. The door blew raspberries at her, slobbering in the process.

"Ew," Angus wrinkled his nose.

"Now, look," Michael said to the door, "Be a good chap and open up and let our boys out." The door scowled at Michael and then promptly belched very loudly on him, throwing fire and dark, putrid smelling smoke in their direction.

"Oh, now that is ill mannered of you," Kate scowled at the door.

"I have an idea," Robert said, turning to Edward. "Got any antacid potions over in your lab?"

"Ah," Edward grinned. "I believe I do. I'll be straight back." He apparated over to his potions lab.

"You're going to give it a stomach medicine?" Angus frowned.

"Perhaps. it's worth a try," Robert replied. "At least we could perhaps stop the belching and the farting, maybe."

"What about a healing spell?" Marcus asked.

"I don't know. I've never healed a door," Robert replied.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:07 am

Aria stepped back to give Robert and the others room , she could not help chuckle at the doors reaction to them but waved her hand in front of her face when it belched " wow its like sulphur" she said taking another step back from it. When she listened to Robert she chuckled " oh sooth the beast so to speak" she said " good idea." when he left to get the antacid she headed down to the living room again "not much we can do up there, best leave it to the boys to sort I guess" She said with a chuckle.

Ruby chuckled and nodded giving Ginger and Anise their food " best eat while its hot, don't worry I'll keep two plates hot for the boys once there released from their self imposed prison." she said with a chuckle glancing up at the stairs. " oh and Angus please ask Robert to look at that shoulder once the boys are free." she said so Kate would hear it too.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:21 am

Edward brought the antacid, and the door was not in the mood to cooperate. While they were bickering about how they were going to get it to open its mouth, Angus grabbed the door's nose tightly, pinching it shut. The door decided it wasn't going to open its mouth, regardless, but the longer Angus held its mouth shut, the more it puffed out its cheeks, starting to turn colors, as it struggled for air.

"Well, now you can't let go if it," Marcus frowned. "Your shoulder better hold out, Mate." Angus didn't realize until just then that he'd grabbed it with his bad arm.

"Well, shit," Angus said. Kate waited until the cheeks were puffed up like a giant squirrel's, and then she poked the cheeks with her umbrella. That made the door open its mouth, gasping for air, Robert tossed in the entire bottle of antacid.

Michael decided to try something too. He removed the pins from the hinges on the door, and when that happened, Marcus and Angus yanked on the door, pulling it down, out of the doorway, and Michael flicked his wand at Marcus, Angus and the door, and all three disappeared.

"Where'd you send them?"

"Just into the pond," Michael said.

"What!" Kate was most unhappy.

"I was only chucking out the door. The boys can swim, so they'll be alright," Michael said.

"Have you lost your mind? It's twenty below outside!"

"Well, thats only celcius. It's only -5 Farenheit. That helps it not look so bad," Michael shrugged.

"Let's go get 'em before they freeze," Edward said to Robert. "Ruby, grab me two blankets so we can stop the boys from becoming ice lollies, won't you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:32 am

Aria watched as Angus grabbed the door and held its nose closed until it started turning all colours of the rainbow then Kats poke did the trick and it opened its mouth wide so Michael could throw j the ant acid just as the door came away from the frame. It was now Aria gasped as she saw both Angus and Marcus disappear along with the door. " wow" she said and stepped back as Edward called to Ruby. " wow I'll make sure the showers are nice and hot " she said running to each of the bed rooms as Ruby heard Edward she dove to the Kitchen taking out two overly large towels that were fresh from the drier and holding them as she bolted out the door to the pond.

Aria saw Ruby dive out the door and stayed with the babies knowing some one had to she also put on the kettle for some hot tea in case they wanted it. then made some fresh coffee too. " gods I hope its not too cold out there." she said but could not help chuckle at the thought of them in the cold water and shrinkage. She looked at Victor and Sam a she spoke again " there's plates down stairs I suggest you grab them now as it might be a bit hectic when every ones back. " she suggested.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:30 pm

"Tremaine! You're mine!" Marcus bellowed as he shot up out of the water, hanging onto the belt on Angus' jeans. "I'm gonna kill you, you bastard. Angus, you'd better not die on me." Marcus landed successfully on the ground, accidently dropping Angus awkwardly in a snowbank. Angus was gasping for breath because of the shock of the cold water he'd been dropped into. Marcus regained himself, and he patted Angus on the back. "Breathe, Mate. Just breathe."

Robert apparated outside, and he snatched the warm bath sheets from Ruby and wrapped them around Marcus and Angus.

"We have to get you both inside straight away," Robert told them, checking them very briefly.

"The door..." Angus asked.

"Screw the door. For all I care, Michael can dive in and fetch it," Robert said unhappily. He took them inside the duplex, and shoo'ed everyone else out of the living room, accio'ing down towels and Angus's and Marcus's bathrobes. He had them exchange the clothes that were frozen to them for the warm, dry bathrobes, dropping the icy clothes on the floor, and he called Ruby and Aria back in.

"I don't want them in the shower quite yet," Robert told Ruby and Aria, "not until they've had a chance to warm themselves gradually first, and then they can have that shower. Something hot to drink for them would be a splendid idea, though. I'll tend that shoulder in a little while, though."

"Don't bother," Angus told him. "It's just been iced sufficiently."

"I agree. I don't think you need it iced anymore tonight," Robert said.

"What are we doing about the damn door?" Marcus asked.

"I'll fetch it out of the pond tonight or tomorrow and try to change it back," Michael said. "Sometimes enchantments caused by buggered up spells can take a bit to rectify. And I'd prefer not to have it somewhere where it can set buildings on fire, so I'll have to figure something out."

"I have a couple ideas about that, but it'll have to wait a bit. These boys come first. We'll deal with the door a bit later tonight," Robert told Michael.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:36 pm

Ruby let Robert take the towels as she ran back in and pored two glasses of fire whiskey into two glasses . waiting until they came shivering in and had been stripped to just a bathrobe she walked over and handed them each a glass " this won't chill you dear" she said handing him the glass" thought it would warm them from the inside" she said as Aria picked up their frozen clothing and tossed them into the laundry basket to be washed.

Ruby went back to the kitchen and reheated some bone broth nice and hot so if they wanted something other than the whisky it would be there " will they get colds?" she asked " I do hope not though" she looked at Angus and then to Edward " has he ever gotten a cold and if so what was he like?" she asked just curious as to how he would be.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:51 pm

"Thanks," Angus said, as he and Marcus took the glasses of firewhiskey.

"They're not going to get colds from a dunk in the pond," Robert told Ruby. "That's an old muggle wives tale. Colds are caused by viruses, not by exposure to cold weather. Of couse he's had colds and viruses in the time I've known him, but rarely does it ever drag him down. So far as I know, he has never missed work because of a cold, nor has Marcus. So I wouldn't worry."

"I think they want to know if either of us get whiny when we get colds," Angus told Robert.

"Um, no," Robert told Ruby. "They do not. Frankly, though, they've had enough activity for today. It's been a long day for them, so I think they deserve to call it a day and either enjoy a long evening or hit the hay early." Robert checked Angus's shoulder and then he looked at him. "You've strained it rather badly but I don't think its sprained or broken. We'll tape it to give it some extra support but if it gives you trouble, you let me know straight away."

"I will. Thanks," Angus said.

"So what happened with the girls' wolfsbane?" Robert asked. Angus told Robert what had happened, and Robert looked at Angus and Ruby. "You do know I have to talk to her, right?"

"Yeah. I know," Angus said. "Go ahead. Better to get it overwith, I think. Ruby? Any objections?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:12 pm

Ruby listened and chuckled nodding at Angus words " yep that's it exactly " Aria said as Robert checked Angus's shoulder " there's bone broth on the go to warm you more" she added and breathed out when Robert said they didn't get colds easily. When they spoke of the door Ruby shook her head " I say replace it with a new one and leave the old one at the bottom of the pond " she said as she sat down with Caprice who was playing with a unicorn plushie.

Aria chuckled and shook her head " that would just be pollution, we'll get it out and fix it." she added as a knock came from the door and Lucian walked back in.

"wow you look like you went for a dip at the north pole" he said seeing Marcus and Angus " came to offer my services Mr Lupin, Ministry's kind of in a tizzy and we're all on leave for a while, misses is off with the family on " he held up his hands and fingers " vacation" he smiled to Robert " so here I am to add to your detail, if you can use me."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:32 pm

"Well, we can't leave it in the pond," Michael sighed. "The thing is, technically, a sentient object that is not designed for water. We have to get it out and deal with it properly."

"He's saying he doesn't want issues with the misuse of a magical artifact now that it actually is a magical artifact, if even temporarily," Robert said. "Technically, it could cause legal charges from that department. We'll have to fetch it out and try to break Sam's spell."

"And I need to deal with him on making up his own damned spells," Angus sighed, tired of confronting teens for one day.

"Tomorrow will be soon enough for that," Robert said, "so finish your whiskey and then try a cup of that bone broth while I go down and talk to Anise. So you know, I'm going to make a very clear distinction between your contract and hers, Angus, as well as my requirement that she have your prior permission before she joins any missions team. The kids all have the same contract."

"You tell her whatever you feel is appropriate," Angus said, trusting Robert with the matter. "I presume she has taken her wolfsbane now, but if we ever do have an issue with that, where the heck do I take her if she starts to transform?"

"First and foremost, you don't," Robert said with iron firmness. "None of you who aren't werewolves should not ever, ever try to handle that. Understand me? Not ever. We have both Jack and Jessie who will not be harmed if bitten, and they're more than big enough and strong enough to handle her little werewolf form without issue. I will make sure that Jack and Jessie both know I expect them to deal with that so that it does not put any of those of us who do not have lycanthropy in any danger. If worse comes to worse, you let her outside, you stay out of her way, and you alert me at once. That's the proper response from you non-werewolf types. Alright, I'm going to go talk to her, and then, I'm going to pilfer some of that bread and butter pudding that I can smell. Someone baked, and I'm going to help myself to a serving."

"By all means," Angus laughed. Robert turned and went downstairs to talk to Anise.

"What's he talking about with the contractual differences?" Edward asked.

"Those of us who are assigned to the first string have it written into our contracts that we are expected to respond immediately, if we can, to any situation that might arise here. Second stringers or back ups are not so required, but, if they can respond, they should. Minors are considered auxilliary fighters and they can only respond if they have their parents' approval. Violation of that can mean immediate termination if Robert decides that. He won't do that her first violation, but if she pushes him, she'll be out of a job."

"Oh, I do remember reading that immediate response thing in my contract now that you mention it," Marcus said.

"Of course. As Khaat's bodyguard when you were hired, I would expect no less," Angus said. "He just wants her to know she has not got the same standing that I do, and she can't just automatically do what she sees me do. She does need to hear it from him, I think."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top