A Birth day - Page 93
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 93 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 93 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:08 pm

"Maybe," Angus said, when Ruby suggested Rob might be starting all over again.

"Rob is not that ambitious," Khaat said. "Even when he had the lab in the catacombs, he didn't do his own brewing. He had women he had hired to do the actual brewing and bottling of the illegals. If he's going to let some countess provide five star luxury for him and he doesn't have to do anything but stay with her? Well, that's right up his alley."

"Brian was actually assisting Robert in the delivery room when Abbey was born, and he stepped right up that night. Khaat was far too ill. He made a promise to Khaat that she and Abbey would never want for a single thing, and he's kept his word," Angus said. "He's treated Abbey like she was his right from the moment she was born."

"Brian and I were friends when we kids," Khaat said. "We grew up together."

"I'm sure she will be," Angus replied to Ruby.

"Well," Marcus said, "that doesn't surprise me. I think you do tend to be more traditional in a lot of things. I think I've just learned that I need to make my food count toward either helping me build muscle or keep it. And I don't have an overly large appetite, so I try to focus on making my food as nutritious as I can."

The server came, and Marcus ordered breakfast for the two of them. Then the server brought coffee for them, reassuring them that their orders wouldn't take long.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:14 pm

Ruby listened to Khaat and Angus fill her in on Brian and nodded at Khaats words " Seems he a want the money, but not do the work kinda guy" she said as she listened more then sighed " I know biological fathers who stay with their kids but don't do anything" she said meaning her own father and his lack and bad perenting. But she was glad Brian was not around for Abby as she might have not turned out how she had been with his influence.

aria chuckled and nodded to Marcus "Yes, yes I am" she said as she watched the waitress bring their coffee and pace it down she was glad it was going to be a moment as it gave her time to talk more with Marcus which she liked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:34 pm

"I was concerned, at first, that Abbey would suffer being rather isolated on this big estate and without a lot of other people here, because that's how it was at first," Khaat said. "But the estate has come a long way in the last three years, and I don't think Abbey suffers at all now."

"Have you decided about her schooling?" Angus asked. "Are you going to involve her in Early Years?"

"She was assessed, and she's above average in every area, which I was relieved to hear," Khaat said. "And since we have so many people on the estate, she doesn't need a childminder. We decided we'd put it off a little longer and see how she does this year if we work with her more on academic areas. Shannon and Nicky and Brian and I are looking at ways to try to pool our efforts. We might look at hiring an early years teacher for her and Molly."

"That might be a really good plan," Angus said.

"I just don't like the idea of her leaving the estate to go to school when James could so easily get access to her," Khaat said.

"James has tried to take Abbey before," Angus told Ruby. "It really traumatized her for several months. And she still freaks out if he comes on the estate grounds. Khaat's fears about James aren't unrealistic because James knows that Abbey would be some of the strongest bait he could use to get ahold of Khaat."

The server brought their breakfast orders, and Marcus spread some marmalade on his toast and then tucked into his kedgeree.

"How's your breakfast?" Marcus asked her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:45 pm

Ruby sat and listened to Marcus and Khaat explain what and how they felt about Abbey and James she nodded her agreement at their words about how Abbey was developing and she smiled " she is brite for her age" she said as she listened more about how Khaat was thinking of schooling her and her fears about sending her away to school " I'd be the same " she said softly feeling if Angus and her were in the same position she would not want Caprice to leave her side while the person who wanted to kidnapp her was still out and ploting .

Aria smiled as the waitress placed their food down and she took her first bite " its good" she said smiling as she continued to eat her breakfast " I like the simple flavour, you can taste the fish, cod I belive" she said smiling to him as she took another bite.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:05 pm

"We went to three different early years programs," Khaat said, "and do you know that one of them actually said they would not accept Abbey unless St. Mungos deliberately blocked her accidental magic? They said they're not equipped to deal with accidental magic in a child that young, and they said it would be unfair to the other children if they had to take time away from them to deal with Abbey's little bursts of magic?"

"You're kidding," Angus frowned.

"No, I'm perfectly serious," she said. "Brian was tempted to block their magic while we were still sitting there. I wouldn't let him do it. but when I told my parents, my father said he would never have allowed anyone at St. Mungos' to block her magic. And he supported our belief that Abbey was definitely not going to be going to that program. My father suggested we look for a nanny for daytime hours that could look after Abbey and maybe Molly and provide their early years education at home, but my mother won't hear it. She thinks we can all continue to do what we have done and keep the girls on track academically."

"And she's probably right," Angus said. "I bet you could get an approved early years curriculum program that you could use and it would provide the girls the best of all worlds."

"Well, Brian did suggest that, but I haven't had time to check into it."

"And I doubt we'd really be any help in terms of helping you find a curriculum, but you know we'll help however we can. If you need something, just ask."

"I appreciate that."

"Well, our own might well be in that situation in a year or two. Who knows?"

"I think you're right. I think it probably is cod," Marcus said. "And it's really fresh, too. I think the marmalade has been homemade. It does not taste like a commercial marmalade, and that's a very good thing. I'll have to remember this place has good kedgeree. You have any more errands to do while we're out, or are we good to head to relieve Angus and Ruby when we finish here?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:14 pm

Ruby listened to Khaat and gasped at the point she said she was told Abbys magic had to be blocked before being acepted into a program " thats monstrus" she said and listened to Angus talk again " hes right both of us will do all we can to help" she said as she listened to them continue talking about Abby and now Molly too and their educations.

Aria smiled to Marcus and nodded " I think it is made fresh" she said tasting the mamalade herself and smiled then returned to eat her kedgeree. When he asked her if she ahd anything else to do before they went and relived Ruby and Angus she shook her head " nope , we can go once we've eaten" she said wiping some sauce of her lips a she smiled to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:27 pm

"Thank you. You know Abbey absolutely loves coming to your place," Khaat said. "She asks almost every day if she can come and see you guys."

"Well, then I need to bring her over more often," Angus said.

"You can come and get her whenever you like. Just don't let her make a pest of herself," Khaat said.

"She's not a pest. She's family," Angus said. Khaat smiled.

As they were eating, Madam Rosmerta came over, and was all smiles.

"Marcus Belby," she said, "as I live and breathe. You've never graced my pub for breakfast. What's the occasion?"

"A boy's got to eat sometime," Marcus laughed. "Aria, have you met Madam Rosmerta?"

"Good morning," Rosmerta said to Aria. "So how's your breakfast?"

"Very good," Marcus said. "And i could be a big fan of the marmalade."

"You like it? A few years ago at Christmas, a friend of mine gave me a jar of her own marmalade that she'd created a recipe for. She used oranges, of course, but she also added some champagne. So, I've been trying to re-create it since. I debated on calling it Mimosa Marmalade, but some of our blokes that wouldn't ever order a mixed drink would probably refuse to try it, so I left the name alone. But that's what you're eating."

"Your secret is safe with us," Marcus said. "But I think you should keep right on making it. It has my vote."

"Well, thank you. I'm glad you like it," she smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:38 pm

Rubyt listened to Khaat and chuckled shaking her ehad " I agree shes no pest infact I'd say with Caprice shes heaven sent, they get along like sisters" she said smiling to her " and Angus is right shes family" she smiled to Angus to reasure him that she was talking truthfully about the fact she liked having Abby around the house.

Aria smiled as she ate her breakfast as she did she saw a woman walk over and greet Marcus as he greeted her . Smiling she spoke to her " good to meet you Madam Rosmerta, the marmalade is fantastic" she said eating some on a peice of toast letting the two talk a while longer.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:54 pm

"Well, that does relieve me a bit," Khaat smiled. "She has been talking about wanting pink kitties lately. Do you have any idea what she's talking about?" Angus started to laugh.

"Oh, yes. I know exactly what she wants. Don't you remember when she was tiny, I used to make sugar cookie dough and add berry puree and some red food coloring to make pink, berry flavored cookies? And then i used to cut them out with a kitty cookie cutter? That's what she's talking about. She wants to bake pink kitty cookies. We'll have to have her over and make cookies with her."

"Cookies. I never thought of cookies," Khaat said. "I was making myself and her nuts looking for a stuffed pink cat or a storybook about a pink cat or pajamas with a pink cat. And she was looking at me like I was really such a numbskull for not knowing what it was she wanted."

"I'm surprised she remembers them," Angus laughed. "We'll make the time maybe as early as tomorrow to bake with her. I know today is busy for everyone but maybe tomorrow will be better."

"Thank you. I appreciate it."

"I took it for granted you knew each other," Marcus said to Aria and Rosmerta. "This is Aria Barnett."

"Lovely to meet you too, Aria," Rosmerta said. "I think this is the first woman he's ever brought in here. His kids come in here quite often for the butterbeer, but Marcus, not so much."

"That's because, first, I'm working, and second, my kids are here because the kids live just a couple doors down the street and because you make amazing butterbeer."

"It's the same recipe that this pub has used for eons," she said.

"I think that's why it works. No point in ruining a good thing. Can I get you anything else?"

"I think we're fine," Marcus said. He handed her enough to pay for the breakfast and to give the server a generous tip. "This should pay for it, and would you give the rest to the server please with our thanks."

"You're going to spoil my help, Marcus," she laughed. "Of course. Glad you stopped in. I'll let you get back to your breakfast." She took the money and left the table to go back to the bar.

"She's a good sort. She was a huge help during the second wizarding wars," Marcus told Aria. "And she saves back little intel tidbits for Michael. Her information's been very helpful for us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:08 am

Ruby listened and chuckled " I wondered why we had a cat cutter." she said and looekd to Angus " I was cleaning out the draws in the pantry and I saw it I was going to make some for halloween , black cat cookies." she admited but then sat quietly as they continued to talk when he said they would make some the next day Ruby smiled " I can make some when we get back home after Marcus and Aria get here, while you rest, they won't be as good as yours but Im sure she'll be okay with that." she sugested as she sipped her warm coffee.

Aria smiled and nodded " yes Im Aria and so Im told " she said smiling to her " oh your butter beer is devine so was the food " she said as she heard and sa Marcus pay for the fod leaving a tip for the server " they deserve it as they work so hard and were realy helpful" she told her " honestly if Marcus hadn't left a tip, I was going to, i know for sure we will be back." she admited giving a smile of a telling nature. When Marcus explained she nodded " I noticed some black ink on her finger and the well worn note book she carries in her left pocket" she admited and smiled to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top