A Birth day - Page 48
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 48 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 48 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 48 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:56 am

Aria helped Marcus wash and put away the dishes from supper and smiled when he asked her if she wanted to take a walk around the campsite "It would help work off all the good food you made" she said smiling as she placed the last of the dishes in the tent. Now done she walked out and took hold of his hand in hers "It okay right?" she asked as she looked at him. " You know you could take the kids to see their mother around the same time of the trip then they could go skiing after sort of wiping away those bad memories," she spoke softly to him as they began to walk away from the tent. she smiled hearing the kids from inside playing gobbel stones. " Sounds like someone lost," she said with a chuckle.

"Ruby listened to him and nodded " I agree it's good wholesome food that's all," she said "Let's have breakfast in Tuscany, that sounds like an old movie title," she said with a chuckle " But yeah, we've been here and I've not seen much of Tuscany and I'd like to see Tyler before we head back." she said " just to say good-by and thank him for the use of the ship" she added " but the night is still young and we still have one night left" she said smiling " maybe we should make the most of it" she moved closer to him and started undooing his shirt. (Fade to black)
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm

"It's fine," he told her. "They're old enough to have us taking just a short walk. We aren't that far away anyway. I suppose we could try to see Evelyn then, but that would probably depend, first, on whether Jeffrey thinks she's stable enough for that, and, second, I think it would also depend on whether they wanted to see her. I'll keep it in mind becuase I really want them to have some sort of closure in that relationship.

"I am glad the weather has been so good for this trip. That hasn't always been the case, but at least they can go back to school with some memories of a good trip. I must say, though, I am not a huge fan of winter. And I've noticed that the temperatures are starting to cool just a little already, and the days are getting a bit shorter. That always reminds me that summer is leaving and colder weather is coming again. At least we can enjoy fall before we have to deal with snow and ice again. Do you have a particular season you like or dislike more than the others?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:37 pm

Aria nodded as he said they were old enough to take care of themselves as they walked around the camp " you're right " she said and walked with him holding his hand as he spoke again. " it would give them that for sure" she said now moving to let her arm wrap around his waist " hope you don't mind" she asked with a smile.

Ruby listened to Angus and smiled " Im glad too, heat is not my freind so I guess my favoate time of the year would be fall, all the colors and the cool air , pumpkin pie , haloween the warm fires and coulrs arond in the trees." she said smiling as she thought about it " its perfect for artists too"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:15 pm

"I don't mind," he smiled. "I like fall too. I have tried to do more things with the kids in the fall because that's the start of the busy season for Mom and Dad--between Halloween candy and Christmas candy, they're ridiculously busy. That used to leave the younger kids floudering a little. It'll be a bit easier this year since all of them are gone until Christmas. Zane and Kai do like helping in the shop when they can, but that's understandably limited. I'm sure there will be at least one weekend where I have to bring the kids home for the weekend so I can help them shop for Halloween costumes for the Hogwarts Halloween activities, And, I also try to make sure they have their formal wear for the Yule Ball on the same weekend. Just makes it easier.

"There are some muggle campgrounds that do open for a few weekends in the fall and have some Halloween festivities. And some of the coaster parks open at night on the weekends for Halloween. I might have to see if they want to go," Marcus told her. "But a cabin would be better than a tent probably. The muggles would not understand anyone tent camping in the fall."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:35 pm

Aria listened as they wlked together she smiled as he spoke that fall was also his favorate time of the year too she listened to him talk bout the kids and how they will be geting ready for the yule ball and halloween " you don't make their costumes?" she asked and loked at him " maybe I can help you make some costumes for them" she asked " I enjoy sewing, blame my mother besides they might enjoy chosing the fabric and acessories." she looked at him and her cheeks flamed a little pink at revealing a secret she had.

She heard him mention a cabin and chuckled " yeah they can naver grasp the concept of fresh crisp air in the mornings" she added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:52 pm

"My mom and dad used to help the kids make their costumes, but apparently that's not in style at Hogwarts, so the kids wants us to either rent them or buy them for them. Poppy has already said she wants to be a fairy, but I could have predicted that. The rest of them haven't said yet, but I'm sure they'll tell me. If I know Ezra, he'll pick some quidditch pro, but its hard saying about the others," Marcus said. "I'd rather we made them. With a little luck, they'll pick something that isn't available at the costume shop."

As they came back around towards the campsite, Marcus noticed that it was definitely quieter in the tent.

"The gobstones match must be over," Marcus said. "Let's go make sure they're all still accounted for." Marcus went in the tent and found that the younger kids had already showered and were in their beds, reading. Kai was in the shower, and Zane was hunting a few rogue gobstones that had gotten away during the game.

"What color is it?" Marcus asked.

"Black. Hard to see a black gobstone in a dark tent," Zane said, on his hands and knees looking under the sofa.

"We'll find it," Marcus reassured him. "If worse comes to worse, after the furniture is packed up, any missing gobstones will be easy to find. Not to worry. Go shower. I'll finish the cleaning up."

"Thanks," Zane said, getting up and heading to the shower.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:03 pm

Aria walked with him and smiled hearing his parents make the kids their costumes but that stopped when they went to Hogwarts " Ah the old peer pressure" she said and chuckled. walking in the quiet she liked how it felt being just the two of them. Hearing quiet from the tent she smiled "Yeah" she said stepping inside and hearing Zane mention the black gobble stone She looked around "I'm sure we'll come across it when we least expect it or as your dad said when we pack up." she smiled " oh any preference or breakfast tomorrow?" she asked " I'm cooking." she said and smiled at Marcus " you have cooked all the time so far I think it's my turn to do breakfast."

She headed for their room and quickly showerd and changed into her PJ's returning to the living room she smiled watching Marcus as he went about his rutine.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:17 pm

"No preference," Marcus said. "And these guys eat any breakfast dish so long as it isn't still moving on the plate. I'll get the fire going in the morning and put on a pot of coffee and a pot of hot water for tea. The kids can help get out plates and cups and such, but they will be a lot happier if I'm not cooking in the morning." He checked the protection charms and made sure there was a locking charm on the door of the tent. "I think we're safe for one night, so I'll go shower." He showered and set just a slight warming charm on the tent. "It's supposed to get a lot cooler tonight here. Since we're right on a northern lake, they get a lot of lake effect cold air from Canada here. The charm will keep it from getting entirely too cold in here tonight. Some of the kids did not bring warm pajamas, so I'd rather not send the lot of them to school with head colds." He sat down beside her. "They really are good kids, despite Evelyn's interferance." And as he spoke a little alarm chime went off on his watch. He turned it off and he looked at her. "Well," he said, "that alarm was set to tell me when the kids were finally legally free of Evelyn and when I was finally a free man. As of right now, the divorce is finally final, and I have sole, permanent custody of the kids. They will be absolutely delighted in the morning when I tell them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:24 pm

Aria listened as she watched him walk around the tent checking it was secure when he spoke of the kids Aria smiled " they do 'you' proud" she said watching and feeling him warm the tent a little. " that feels perfect" she said smiling " we can't have that the teachers wil not be happy to have our kids coughing and sneezing up the hospital wing."

she said turning she heard a small bell and looked at him puzzled before beaming " well congratulations of your divorce" she said and chukled " I have a feeling they will be more than over joyed at the news." she said walking over to him and gently kissing him.

She watched him walk away to shower and chukled as she moved to turn down the bed ready for them to slip in , she set an alarm to wake hr and slid under the covers to wait for him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:40 pm

"I know you're right. It will be interesting to see how they feel about Evelyn now that they dont' have to ever again be anxious about her wanting to take them," he said. He changed for bed and went into the bedroom. "You know what else it means?" he asked, getting into bed."I don't have to go traipsing all over the globe rescuing her anymore, and I don't have to pay a single one of her bills anymore. Jeffrey's role as her legal guardian kicked in the very instant that mine stopped." He yawned. "It's about time." He turned out the light. "Goodnight, Aria."

It hadn't taken Angus very long to fall asleep, and he was awake and up at his usual time. He got up, shaved, washed, dressed, made a pot of coffee, and then started making his check of the boat, the engine, the fuel, and the rest of it. By the time he had finished checking the boat, the coffee was finished brewing. He poured two mugs of it, and he left one for Ruby. He took his own mug of coffee and went out on the deck to check the sky. It wasn't light yet, but still, the skies were clear. Unless something unexpectedly moved in, he figured the four hour trip would be probably smooth sailing.

He wasn't opposed to going home now. The kids would be coming home today too from their training, and he wanted to talk to Evan about the idea of letting the girls study with Evie and Faith. He figured the girls would be good with it, so long as it didn't mean a lot of prolonged time away from Sam and Victor. The boys would be able to consider perhaps some jobs in Paris at the headquarters now, and they would be permitted to go on some of the night missions, depending on how damned dangerous it was. They were still not legal adults, so Angus did not want them taking stupid chances.

He took his coffee and went up to the bridge and started to make a check of the bridge controls to make sure they were still all in operating condition.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top