A Birth day - Page 86
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 86 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 86 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:57 pm

Ruby smiled and stepped back watching as Simone feed the bowtruckle some water and smiled once Simone moved to Edwards side of the duplex she headed to the kitchen to put the food on ready for when the boys came home so they could have a hot filling meal. Now everything was settled she looked up as Simone returned and spoke about the bowtruckle or as she discovered Taffy as they ahd called her " awe thats a cute name" she said smiling " the foods on won't be too much longer." she told them as she pored every one more tea or coffee and checked on Caprice who was still sleeping.

Jack watched as Angus went to see Kate he returned to his patrols around the grounds making sure that nothing was out of place even in the woods the wolves walked over to him and gave him a report mostly about how the food suply was becoming low but he reasured them they ahd plenty of meat should it fail.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:22 pm

The boys came home at five, right on time. and Sam said they had been given leaf raking duty. The estate yard was a big place, so it had taken the two of them all day to get the leaves raked up, and they were both sure, since the leaves were not all down from the trees yet that this would not be their only day of leaf raking. Sam wanted to just cast a quick incendio on them and burn them, but the grounds workers didn't want them to do that. They wanted to form a big leaf pile that their kids could have some fun with. Kate gave them permission for it, so long as it was off the estate yard. The workers said they were going to take the leaves out behind their own cabins, let the kids have fun wit them, and then mulch them for the flowerbeds and the crops in the spring.

"Well, that's not the only thing that will need raked, you know," Angus told the boys.

"It isn't?" Victor asked.

"Oh, no. Definitely not. We're also responsible for raking the front and back yards of Robert's farm too."

"You're not serious, are you?" Sam asked.

"Do I look like I'm laughing?" Angus asked.

"We don't start school til next week," Anise said. "Maybe Robert would let us help with some of the fall yard work."

"I'll let you, and I'm sure Jack isn't going to mind. The more help he gets, the fewer leaves he and Jessie will have to rake," Angus said. "I'll pay you myself, the same rate you got over the summer, if that works."

"Absolutely!" Ginger said.

"I'm starving. When do we eat?" Sam asked.

"As soon as it's ready, of course," Angus said.

"It smells great, whatever it is," Victor said.

"Angus," Simone said, "how long does it take to put your hot bacon dressing together?"

"Not long. Would you like a hand?" Angus asked.

"I made a spinach salad, and I was hoping to use your hot bacon dressing."

"Well, hot bacon dressing is a must with spinach salad," he smiled. "I'm on it." He got up and got some bacon out to fry til it was crispy. While that was on, he got out some sugar, some vinegar, some corn flour, some salt and a little water and mixed that together and set it aside to add some of the bacon drippings to it when the bacon was done.

While he was doing that, Simone set the table and added a small, low bouquet of mums in a small, hollowed out mini pumpkin as a centerpiece.

"Very nice, Simone," Angus said. "And I like the use of the little pumpkin as your vase. Nicely done."

"We might as well enjoy the bounty of the season while we have it," she said. "A month from now, pumpkin season will largely be over."

"Very true. And hopefully, most of it will be laid up in our stores for use all winter long," Angus said.

"Have you looked at the little pumpkin patch in our own garden? Its overflowing with little sugar pumpkins," Edward said. "I hope you guys can eat pumpkin everything for a couple weeks."

"No problem," Anise said. "Ginger and I always hoped the pack could get lots of pumpkins. That was some of our favorites."

"What's your favorite pumpkin recipe?" Angus asked.

"Its a tie for me between pumpkin pancakes and a pumpkin cake roll," She told him.

"My favorites are oven roasted pumpkin slices, and pumpkin cookies," Ginger said.

"Well, those are all good ideas. We could do any of those," Angus said, removing the bacon from the skillet and setting it on paper towel to cool. He took some of the bacon drippings and added it to the other mixture and stirred it with a whisk to get it blended well. "Dressing's ready. Ruby, is the rest of it ready?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:38 pm

Ruby heard Sam and Victor return and smiled as she knew the food was ready . Heading to the kitchen she listened as they spoke of their day then sent plates to the table hearing Angus ask of it was ready she lifted it up to show him " yep all ready and smells delishious" she said smiling a she walked over to the table and placed it down in the cewnter so every one could help them selves. She left rom for the other additions t the meal and added some soda and juice to go with it.

" I think raking the leaves is perfect for the younger kids to play in at this time of year and I do think tomorrow we'll harvest those pumpkins and Angus,could you please make both, they both sound yummy" she said not having tried any of the two things he ahd spoke about making. She smiled to him and finished laying the table " okay tables ready come and get it" she said smiling as she waitied for the others to sit down before sitting down next to Angus and dishing up her own food.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:58 pm

"There are more pumpkins than you know," Edward told Ruby, tucking into his supper.

"And then there is the overabundance of pumpkins the estate and Robert's farm has," Angus said, starting to eat his salad. "Kate is considering perhaps seeing if Lizzie can use some for Sparks. She doesn't realize we already to that, and we give a portion of them to any worker who wants some. We supply the Paris headquarters with most of their fruits and vegetables now too. And there are still lots leftover."

"Could we give some to the pack?" Anise asked.

"Absolutely--if the pack wants some," Angus said. "There will be plenty. The last two years, we supplemented a lot of the animals feed with pumpkin. We're getting enough abundance now in all our crops that, quite honestly, we could put up a produce stand in Hogmeade's new monthly farm market."

"What's that?" Simone asked.

"It's a brand new thing they've started. The third weekend of every month, they're doing a farm market in the square there. It's a small application fee to join, but then you can run your stand on Friday and Saturday from dawn to dusk. They're anticipating a lot of people like beekeepers, bakers, jam makers, etc. But, we certainly could form a little corporation and sell some of our produce. This estate and Robert's is producing a massive amount of fruits and vegetables and grains and nuts. There is no reason why we couldn't sell some of it," Angus said. "It would certainly beat letting some of it go to waste because we can eat it all fast enough, if we could find anyone who wanted to work it."

"We would!" Ginger said. "Anise and I would!"

"You'll have school," Angus said.

"Not on Saturdays," she replied.

"Well, true. But we'd have to cover Fridays, though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:08 pm

Ruby listened to Edward and noded " ah " she said softly then thought about the paris HQ but when Angus said they already send produce over to them she chuckled and shook her ehad " there goes my thought" she said as she ate it ws now she listened to Angus talk of a produce market in diagon ally and how they could sell some produce there if they ahd any one to run it.

Ruby smiled as Anise and Ginger both spoke up and offered to run the stall in the ally " I think that would be a great idea" she said and looked towards Angus " Im sure some one will cover it." she said as Anise walked in the door and slippe off her shoes .

"sorry Khaat worked late tonight" she said placing her jacket over the back of the couch. " let me wash and change into something more comfortable and I'll be down for food." she told them heading up the stairs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:27 pm

"Take your time," Marcus told her. "There's plenty."

"Does she often work late?" Edward asked Marcus.

"At least one night a week, and usually more in fourth quarter," Marcus replied. "They're pressed into doing fundraising events particularly in fourth quarter because of Halloween and Christmas. And, of course, they expect Khaat to be present at all of the planning meetings and at the events as well. I talked to her about getting some other high ranking individuals to cover some of the planning meetings. I think she's been thinking of asking Jess if she would like to help with the children's Christmas party. Every year they do a little Christmas party up in the pediatric ward for any child that's hospitalized over Christmas. With Jess being a healer and also a mom, I would think that would be right up her alley, especially since it always happens during Jess's shift hours. It usually happens over lunch. The children are given a special lunch, and then they each get a stocking full of little toys and treats and one Christmas present apiece, something that has been chosen especially for them. And there is always some sort of game or entertainment for them.

"Oh, Angus, could you do me a favor, Mate?" Marcus asked, changing subjects.

"If I can, certainly," Angus said.

"It's a surprise, but the real estate agent said my offer on the stone cottage has been accepted. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at nine to sign the papers to buy the cottage. I'd like Aria to go along. Can you cover duty for Khaat in the morning for a little?"

"Sure," Angus said.

"Don't tell Aria yet. I hope to surprise her, just a wee bit," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:34 pm

Aria heard Angus and nodded " great time for a hot shower" she said and headed up to the bedroom. Ruby chuckled as she listened and ate her food. She heard Marcus and smiled.

"She'll love that" Ruby said taking a sip of some soda before returning to eat her food. Aria returned from her room all clean and wearing one of Marcus shirts and a pair of gym trousers showing off her tones legs as she moved to the kitchen to palce the towel she had been using to dry her hair into the basket for washing. Smiling she walked over and kissed Marcus's cheek as she sat down.

"so how'd the girls do, they get in?" she asked and saw Ruby nod her head " nice, good going Anise and you too Ginger" she said then chuckled as she spoke again and so is this food too." she said and chuckled then groaned as she ate some of the food.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:46 pm

"We did," Ginger replied to Aria when she asked if they had gotten in. "We start next week. They're sending us uniforms and supplies but there will still be things we have to buy in Paris before we start. And, we're sort of discussing the fastest way to learn French."

"Well, I don't know that we talked about doing it fast," Angus laughed. "There are fast ways and there are good ways, and there is not a way that is actually both good and fast. But you're both smart enough that you can do it without much trouble, I'm sure."

"By the way, Aria, we got a message while you were in the shower. Since Khaat worked late tonight, she's going to take an hour or so for a bit of a lie in tomorrow.," Marcus said. "She won't be going in til a little later. Maybe you and I should take advantage of it and go out to breakfast for a change. We'd be back in plenty of time. What do you say?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:59 pm

Aria listened to the girla and chuckled she was going to say just waht Angus had said to them " Angus is right, best way is to live in franch and learn it right from a french person, fastest isn't always good, theres dialects to consider, with each province having its own." she said eating her food again and smiling as she listened to Angus continue " I agree make freinds with a french speacking person and ask if they could teach you." she tuned to look at Marcus and nodded "makes sense after the day she had today." she said then smiled as he asked her to have brakfast with him " I would love to its been a while since we had breakfast together or even a lay in" she said smiling.

Ruby finished her food and stood up taking her plate and any that were empty to the kitchen placing them into the washer to be cleaned while they slept. Heading to the fridge she slipped out desert of individual chocolate molten cakes and a jug of single cream " okay desserts ready." she said send each to the table as she walked over with the cream and pured some over each " hope you like it." she smiled and sat down to eat pulling it apart she let the soft liquidy chocolate flow out and into the bowl.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:46 pm

'Well, I know Evan and Tara both speak French, and I presume Evie and Faith do too, after all this time at Beauxbatons," Angus said. "We can certainly address that with your tutors, though, and I think it would be wise. They need to know not to expect you to start out with conversational French. Don't let yourself get all anxious about it. You'll learn."

"Then we're set," Marcus told Aria. "I know one of us will have to be back in time to go with her when she does go to work, but we can talk about that later. Ruby, the chocolate lava cake is nicely done. Thank you. A perfect end to a perfect meal."

"Agreed," Angus said.

"So are you excited about school?" Sam asked the girls.

"In a way," Ginger said. "I don't think we ever thought we'd be smart enough to make it in, especially this late in our school years."

"And why wouldn't you?" Edward asked. "You worked your tails off since arriving here. Robert can be quite the taskmaster, but you completed your assignments and with good grades to show for it. I say well done, both of you."

"I'm sure we can help you with some things, if you need it. After all, magic is magic, the world around, right?" Sam asked.

"It is," Marcus said. "Be glad you don't need to learn your incantations in French. You'll do fine."

"I'm going to the estate tomorrow morning for some matters at the winery, so I'll talk to Evan and also to Rosaria and Carlo to make sure everyone knows you're going to be there during the week, starting Monday," Edward said. "You're welcome to come along if you want, Girls."

"I wish," Anise said, "but we're on leaf raking duty again tomorrow."

"Ah, yes. And there's a lot of it this year. Well, you'll get plenty of time at Evan's soon enough," Edward replied.

"Speaking of which, we probably need to get our showers and get our laundry to the hamper," Anise said. "Excuse us." The girls got up and left the table. Sam and Victor followed suit, knowing they had the same to do.

"I guess that just leaves the grownups," Angus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top