A Birth day - Page 71
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 71 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 71 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 71 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:40 am

Jack looked at Anise and stood upright to face her " makes perfect sense, its called a vanishing cabinet, Vanishing Cabinets would act as a passage between two places. If an object had been placed in one, it would appear in the other which means theres a second one some place. they were highly popular during the First Wizarding War; in the event of a Death Eater attack, one could simply disappear to the other cabinet until the danger had passed." he told her then listened to her talk about it being made as payment for a debt, possible whom ever wanted it knew the person owed money, would be right up James and Geldings alley." he added and looked to Anise " good catch with this one locked down thanks to Marcus they can't use it to ether leave or get back in."

Jessie nodded to Marcus and moved to the second conference room this time he paused " faint , he was here not sure why though " slowly he moved around the table pausing at a picture then looking to Marcus " whose this, looks like Robert but younger." he said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:50 am

"Then it was James that was owed. If he used the cabinet, then someone wealthy owed him and had it made because James demanded it," she told Jack. "Suppose that barmy woman and her husband...Gelding--that's the name--maybe they had it made for James because they owed him? I mean, that's the only wealthy family I know of. I know there are more, but they're the only family I'm aware of. And, unless James apparated out or left through a door like any sane person, he's still here."

"That is Robert," Marcus smiled. "And you see that ravishingly gorgeous blonde in the picture with him? Believe it or not, that's Kate when she was young. Just guessing by what I see in the picture, I'd say they were 20 or 21 there. She was quite the stunner. Robert would tell you that Khaat got her gorgeous looks from her mother, and I think there is a really strong resemblance, myself. She actually was in a very serious relationship with Remus but she broke it off because Remus had no intention of ever committing to her because of his werewolf curse. Shortly after her breakup with Remus, she started dating Robert. Oddly enough, there was never any bad blood between the three of them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:56 am

Jack listened to Anise and nodded " exactly possible and thats why we're searching, to make sure he left and did not stay" he told her " come on lets keep looking around we might catch the ba..bugger afterall" he said catching himself so he would not swear in front of her. " but what you told me makes sense, well done" he said with a smirk " my brother is a sly one."

Jessie looked at the picture and smiled " they do make a cute couple but why would he stop to look at it" he said then his eyes went wide " could he have thought it was Khaat?" he asked as he moved away following the faint scent around the table and back out the door before it disapated " damn it its gone" he told Marcus but i think it headed that wat towards the nurses station for this floor." he said clearing his head of the smell so he could focuse on catching it once more.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:10 am

"He's creepy," Anise told Jack. "I guess I don't see him as scary. I just see him as creepy. His whole fixation on Khaat is just plain crazy. And from what I've read, in addition to turning you just because he could, he kills just for fun. That makes him, in my book, a first class creep. I hope we don't kill him. I hope we catch him and let him sit and rot in that jail. You know. That nasty one-I forget the name but I hear that no matter how nasty you think it is, its worse. He needs to just sit there and shrivel up--for several decades."

"Oh, he certainly could have," Marcus said. "They've been confused before when people were looking at pictures. Those of us who are around them all the time, could tell the difference if we saw photos, but, thankfully, James has not been around her quite so much. And I can't imagine he would have ever seen old photos of Kate at all, so the confusion could be quite natural on his part. There are no nurses stations on this floor, Jessie. Let's check the daycare and finish up this floor and go downstairs to the fourth floor and check out the ward where the werewolves are. Seems to me that a werewolf might think he could hide amongst other werewolves. Maybe."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:16 am

Jack listened to Anise stop walking and turned to face her " it's Askaban and yes, we tried to put him there but he just escaped " he told her "But I do agree he is creepy because of his obsession and why he did what he did to me, I will not know his reasons, well I do power its always about power with him." he said and moved around the basement to where they boiler and cooer for the building were housed.

Jessie listened to Marcus and then nodded "Oh right " he said then nodded when he spoke of the daycare "Why would he..never mind looking for Abby I guessing" he said as they walked to a brightly colored room with soft toys and paced around the floor. Opening the door he shook his head "Nothing but dirty nappies and formuler." he said as he walked around the room looking at the drawings one caught his eye and he smiled "Hey look this one Abby" he said and pointed to it pinned on a board.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:25 am

Anise followed Jack, just listening. While they were looking around the boiler room, she saw something behind the boiler. She was small enough to slip back behind the boiler and she went back to investigate, and as she lit her wand and tried to walk up to see what it was, she heard the crackle of a spell, and she was struck with something that stung and burned like lightning. It knocked her backwards onto the floor. It took her a moment, but she pulled herself to her feet. Shining her light farther ahead, she saw it--the real laundry cabinet. It had been hidden in a dark corner behind the boiler and someone had tried to shield it with a lightning spell of some sort to ward people away.

"Found the laundry cabinet," she called to Jack. "It has a nasty protection spell in front of it, though."

"Khaat and Brian try to bring Abbey one or two days a week, generally the days that Nicky and Molly have off. They think its good for her to get to knw other kids her age before she starts school." Marcus looked at the drawing. "That sure looks like her drawings. She likes to draw kitties with a rather raspberry colored crayon. I suppose other kids could do such a drawing, but that's her favorite thing to draw. It's nice to see one here. I'll miss those when she gets old enough that she stops drawing them. I think this floor is clear. Let's go down to the fourth floor, shall we?'
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:09 am

Jack walked and followed her watching as she moved behind the boiler then he saw a flash and cursed as he heard her fall back " Anise you okay?" he sked worried but at her words, he breathed out "Leave it for now we'll get someone to fetch it and remove the spell." he said " its doing no harm where it is, but it's a good find, proves someone was here and tampered with the cupboard." he added as he moved to look at the spellbound cupboard.

Jessie looked at the picture and chuckled "Yeah Chris draws animals too mostly deer and bears but they're cute too" he said then heard Marcus say the area was clear "All right let's head to the fourth floor, wonder if Jacks having any luck." he asked as they closed the door to the daycare and headed to the stairs to head down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:38 pm

Anise saw smoke but she didn't see where it was coming from until she took a moment. Then she realized her t shirt was smoking on her left shoulder. She patted the singed shirt to put it out.

"Fine, but it burned a hole in my favorite shirt," she said, making light of it. "And doesn't it prove that it was well planned? I mean, they premeditated it enough to create an exact duplicate of this cabinet and had enough forethought to hide the real cabinet here and then putting some sort of a spell in front of it to keep anyone away from it. Not sure how someone who wasn't an employee got here, though. I mean, we're only here because Jess got us clearance to get down here. How did someone else get down here without it? This isn't an area that's open to the public."

"From what I've seen, Cris has some natural artistic talent," Marcus said. "I don't know what Abbey's abilities are going to be, beyond her metamorph and her seer's stuff, but then again, she's only three. She's barely gotten started. Let's go." He followed Jessie downstairs to the fourth floor. Marcus wanted to search the psych wing first so it could be quickly cleared and re-secured. He checked thoroughly but quickly. Marcus didn't expect issues here because it was already a lockdown unit. He didn't think James would fiddle with trying to hide here because it would be too much bother trying to get in and then back out. There were far easier places to hide.

He wanted to move on to the wing with the werewolves who had been hospitalized with flu. That struck Marcus as one of the best places for James to hide because any energy scans by a seer for a werewolf would still keep James hidden. James would still blend in with those energies. However, he was also aware it was the most obvious place for James to try to hide.

"Just because you're furry does not mean you need to catch the flu from any of these other werewolves down here. Just so you know," Marcus teased Jessie lightly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:53 pm

Jack listened to Anise and nodded "Had to be an inside job or someone using plyjuice to get in as an employee." he told her then saw her tee shirt waving his hand he set a repair spell on it and smiled as the whole fixed its self " there you go good as knew and jes Jess taught me that one" he told her as they continued to walk around the basement.

Jessie listened to Marcus talking then he paused as he spoke of Jessie catching the flu. " na got a strong immune system me, that and I think I've had it already." he said but he picked up a face mask to be on the safe side " can't be too careful now can we" he said handing Marcus one too as he chuckled " Aria would kill me if you came down with it. " he slipped it into his pocket and walked with him down to the fourth floor.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:15 pm

"I guess you're right," she replied to Jack. "And if its someone on the inside, James could be anywhere, and he could have put some of his pack in here with him. I'm starting to think that maybe Marcus wasn't overreacting after all. I mean, he's so serious all the time, well most of the time, that I really thought that we were probably just appeasing him. But what if we're not? What if there's something to it?" When Jack repaired her tee shirt she smiled. "Thanks! This one means a lot tome because it's the first piece of new clothing I got when Angus and Ruby took us in. They got us new things, and this was the very first thing. Ginger's first piece was a pair of fuzzy purple slipper socks, and she's set them aside. She only wears them on really special days, like Christmas. I should do the same thing and set this one aside. So, where do we go next? I thought I saw a sign to the room across the hall, and I think it said potions lab? Angus said that lab is mammoth. The only other potions lab I've seen is Edward's little room up in his tower on his side of the duplex. So, this room is bigger than that?"

"I don't usually catch things either," Marcus said. "I do remember, though, catching some odd business in Bulgaria after a particularly crowded black tie reception. A woman there had a bizarre illness. She had a big round patch of skin on her leg that was purple. Then, during the ball, as I heard it told, it moved to her other leg and turned lime green. And then it moved a couple other places. She was finally made to leave the ball when she got on right in the center of her face and it was a strange neon teal. After that, more than half the guests got it, including the minister of magic, and since my job was to be right beside him all night, I got it too. It took me several days of drinking probably the foulest potion I've ever had to get rid of it. I am not eager to catch anything else."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top