A Birth day - Page 39
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 39 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 39 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:18 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded "Glad some ones keeping an eye on it" she said and sat back according her book and opening it to start reading from where she had left off.

Ari smiled at Poppy and nodded "There are still cowboys around and I think they eat the same as us" she said chukaling as she looked at the menu then glanced at Marcus. " I am going to have the ribs, I like Barbaque." she lent closer to Poppy " especialy eating with my fingers."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:36 pm

When the kids had ridden their rollercoaster, Marcus steered them to the restaurant where they joined Poppy and Aria at the table. Poppy and Daria got barbeque chicken but the boys and Marcus got ribs. Everyone seemed to be having different side dishes but that was just part of the fun.

Poppy didn't ask if there were still any real cowboys, but, actually, Ezra asked it.

"There are some, yes," Marcus said, "but there a bit limited. They're are the hired hands that work on cattle ranches in western states, like Oklahoma and Texas and some of those places."

"Do they go hunt bad guys like they used to?"

"Well, not so much anymore. They have a lot more police officers than they used to, so the cowboys don't need to go catch bad guys."

"So you're one of the modern day cowboys, in a way," Ezra said. "I mean, you're not a policeman, so, you must be a cowboy."

"I hadn't considered that, but I think you're right," he smiled.

"I like what you," Ezra told him. "You stop the bad guys, so that's a good thing."

"He doesn't catch bad guys, he protects the good guys," Kai said.

"Well? Its still a good thing," Ezra said.

"You're right. It's still a good thing," Zane said.

"Of course I'm on it," Angus said. "I've had too much training on boats to not see it." He was working on a design of a multiple level treehouse. His design had different levels that spiraled up the tree so that one level was never more than a few steps away from the next.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:42 pm

Aria watched the boys ride the coaster then join them and eat. " This is good," she said licking her fingers clean. she smiled as she looked at Marcus as the boys spoke " I would say he does catch the bad guys too" she said "But yes he also protects those who need protection, its how I met your dad fact" she said smiling " I was helping prove one of his freinds innocent and yes he was, we met on a ship when we went to get him back from..prison." she added not saying the name less someone over hear them talking.

Ruby looked at Angus and smiled then glanced down at his sketches. "Those look perfect," she said moving closer to him as she watched him sketch more "it's very adult" she added. It was now she felt the first dops of rain his her shulder "Looks like it started to rain? she said "Might have been some spray though" She looked over the side of the boat and saw a young dolphin swimming next to it." oh we have visiter." she said and chuckled as it squirted water at her again.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 pm

"They can be pretty curious about humans," Angus said. "The best thing is to not move very much, just let them do whaatever snooping around they want to do, and they'll move on. I've heard rumors that some wizards have managed to speak with dolphins and befriend some, but I'm not sure I'd encourage that simply because a dolphin would hve no way to distinguish between a wizard and a muggle. And we all know that not all muggles are the kindest souls to other living creatures. I think the dolphins are safer being wary of all of us."

He worked on his sketch for the next couple of hours, and then he got up.

"I think the storm will be on us within the next hour or so," he told her. "I think I'll go put on the risotto for supper and perhaps I'll grill some salmon with it. I think we can safely leave the windows open for a bit longer yet without a whole lot of risk, at least for now." He went inside, taking the sketchbook and the pencils and he laid them on the end of the kitchen counter, away from where he would be cooking. He started with the risotto, and while that was cooking, he got the prep work done on the salmon and got the grill pan ready to grill the salmon on the cooktop. He was also getting a salad prepared from not only some of the wild greens they'd found but also some salad greens and some vegetables that were stocked for them.

When the kids were finished with lunch, Marcus insisted they go wash up in the restrooms to get all the sticky saude off their hands. Once everyone was clean again, they set out for more rides. It was a full afternoon, and by suppertime, the kids were tired. With the time difference, suppertime in the US was bedtime for them back home. Marcus finally told them that he believed it was time to go for one day, and he was not entirely surprised when they didn't fight him much and went back to the campsite.

"I think I"ll put grill some burgers over the campfire if you can maybe put together some fried potatoes or a salad or something to go with it," Marcus said. "This bunch is dead on their feet. I think the best we can do is to fix a very quick meal for them so they can head to bed if they want. I think we should do the cooking tonight because I don't want exhausted kids tinkering with fire tonight."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:19 pm

Ruby smiled as she watched the dolphins then watched Angus head inside to start cooking " I agree, they belong left alone" she said watching as they swam away from them back into the ocean. After a while, she smiled smelling the food he was cooking. Placing down her book she walked in and over to him kissing his cheek as she stood behind him "Smells wonderful" she said smiling watching him her arms wrapped around his waist carefully.
Aria smiled and took the girls to the bathroom to wash up she helped poppy wash and then washed her own hands clean. Returning she followed them back to the campsite and their tent. Now seeing the kids walking tierdly along she knew it would not be long before they were all asleep.

Arriving at the tent she heard Marcus and nodded "Sure" she said picking up a pan and the potatoes from the kitchen and began peeling then thinly slicing them to fry in a light coating of oil.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:36 pm

Marcus didn't take long to build a fire in the fire ring and put a grill grate on top of it to heat, and then he made some burger patties and, following sdomething he had seen Angus do a few bezillion times, he added some grated onion and garlic to the burger patties, along with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and worchestershire sauce before he made them into patties. Then he took the burgers and the buns, and he put the patties on the grill grate to cook them over the open fire. When the burgers were nearly done, he put the buns on the grill grate too to toast them.

"It does smell good, doesn't it? I think you'll like it," Angus told Ruby. "It should be ready in just a few minutes." He had sort of rooted around in the pantry and he found a bottle of a French dressing. He had taken it and made a sauce with some of the dressing, some worchestershire, some butter, some garlic and onion and dill, and some muscovado sugar for a rich, dark sweetness. He mixed it together and used it as a basting sauce while the salmon was grilling. He gave the risotto a stir every now and then. He shaved the truffle paper thinly right into the risotto as it cooked, and he made the tossed salads. He chopped a little fresh parsley finely and stirred it into the risotto to add a little color and then he plated up the salads and the entrees. He set them on the table, opened a bottle of white wine, and poured it. "Come tuck in," he told her. "Edward would definitely be jealous if he knew what we were eating tonight. Salmon and risotto is one of his favorite entrees. And if he knew it had fresh truffles, he'd definitely have just invited himself to join us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:42 pm

Aria finished with the potatoes and walked out with them to Marcus "Potatoes are done" she said smiling at him as she set them down next to what he was cooking. She placed the pan down in it she had the potatoes cristpy and light along with some garlic and a sprig of rosemary for flavour. " thought it needed something extra since its our first night here under the stars." she said and smiled.

Ruby smiled and chuckled "I'm still waiting for him to just pop in," she said moving to set the table ready for when he was done. soon she sat and pored two glasses of wine and smiled as he brought the food over "Smells divine" she said then quickly glanced aound. "Okay I think it safe to say he is not joining us" she said with a light laugh as she took a sip of the wine " this is light yet fruity, is it from your winery?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:16 pm

"Good idea," Marcus told her. "They smell great." He plated up the burgers on a platter and took them to the picnic table where Daria had set the table for them and had added one of the folding camp chairs at each end so that the table could accommodate all seven of them. Marcus knew that since the kids were smaller, they would fit easily on the benches of the picnic table, and that left the chairs that had been added at the ends for Aria and him.

"So, we have burgers, potatoes, and Kate sent along some of her cowboy cookies for us. I thought we could have those for dessert tonight. We'll do s'mores tomorrow night, if that's alright with you," Mracus told them.

"Perfect," Zane said, yawning.

"You guys had a very full day today," Marcus told them. "So feel free to turn in early if you want."

"We might just do that," Kai said. "Supper looks great. Good idea, Dad."

"Well tuck in, and help yourselves," Marcus told them. He waited until the kids had fixed their plates to fix his. He made sure everyone had cans of soda and were all set before he settled in with his own supper.

"I will have to take whatever we have left of the truffle home with us. I'm sure Edward and Simone will consider it a rare luxury," Angus said. "Maybe I'll redo this at home for them." He looked at the bottle of wine. "Ah yes. This is one of ours. It's a chardonnay. Of what they stockef for us, I liked this one the best. I like the fruitiness of it, but I also like that it's a dry wine. It's a good combination with fish and with the heaviness of the risotto. I honestly think Edward has the right philosophy about wine. He doesn't strive for big batches of wine. What he does strive for is to make sure that what he does produce is just a really high quality wine. Most of the batches they make sell out. And if it's a really particularly good batch, Edward will save a little out for family. From what Evan tells me, the winery has a steady customer base. They've talked about making the batches a little bigger, but neither Edward nor Evan want to do it unless they can be sure that they can maintain the quality. And I agree with them.

"Oh, that reminds me. Edward has put in a small wine cellar in his basement at the duplex but he's told me that you and I need to help ourselves to it. He didn't make it just for him and Simone. He made it for us too, so if there's any sort of wine you really like, we can put some down there," he said, hearing thunder now rumbling overhead. "I think the rain is finally maybe getting to us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:26 pm

Aria walked to the table with the potatoes and smiled as she set it down besude the burgers " your dads right , help yourself" she said and sat facing him. Tcking into her foo she smiled seeing the kids all quiet with ther emouth filled with food "This the quietest they've been?" she asked jokingly to Marcus as she ate her food and drnk her soda.

Ruby listened to him talk about the wine and nodded " I agree its best to make prfect small batches than make a meh bigger one that dosn't sell so wel." she added as she ate her risotto " oh you realy have to make this at home the wine compliments it perfectly and I love dry reds or sweet whites" she told him pausing as she heard the rain hit the roof and the rumble of thunder around them " ntures melody" she said and chuckled as she smiled listening to it all around her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:41 pm

"Maybe just today," Marcus laughed, "but, overall? No. Give them food, and they get too busy to talk much."

"Can we shower in the morning just this once, Dad?" Ezra asked, trying to stifle a yawn as he ate.

"That's fine by me--just this once," Marcus said. "I know you guys are all really knackered."

"Somewhere beyond that," Daria said sleepily.

"But no giving me guff in the morning about showering them, deal?"

"Deal," the all agreed.

"So, are the cowboy cookies shaped like cowboys?" Ezra asked, curious.

"No," Marcus said. "She tells me that, on the covered wagon trails, they had one wagon that was just for cooking."

"The chuck wagon," Zane said.

"Right," Marcus said.

"And they had one bloke whose job it was to cook for everyone on the wagon train."

"You've been reading the wild west books I got you," Marcus said.

"Yeah. So, let me guess, then. The cookies are sort of an idea about what a chuck wagon cook might make from the ingredients he had stocked in the chuck wagon."

"Exactly right," Marcus said. "Well done. They're in the tin in the center of the table. Finish your burgers and potatoes, and then you can all have one or two."

"You making coffee for the cookies?" Zane asked.

"If we do, we'll make decaf. You lot do not need caffeine. You need sleep," Marcus said.

"No, Kai and I just like the taste of coffee," Zane told him.

"Well, fair enough, so do Aria and I. If you'd like some decaf, we can put a pot on the fire to brew." He looked at Aria. "Have you ever used one of these cowboy style coffee pots on an open fire?"

"It doesn't have a basket for the grounds," Kai said. "So how do you get the grounds out of the coffee, then?"

"As the coffee brews, the grounds get heavy and most of them sink to the bottom of the pot. You might find a couple grounds in your cup, but the only one who really has to look for them is the poor fellow who gets the last cup in the pot," Marcus said. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top