A Birth day - Page 69
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 69 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 69 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:48 am

Aria listened to Khaat and nodded "Guess that's how it could have got down here maybe it was as simple as fur in the heater element of the driers that started the fire" she asked then turned to Marcus as he spoke and she nodded "Agreed" she said glad he was there to back them up if James did show his ugly head. " and I wish I didn't know that " she added as they walked around the room.

Ari walked to the back door and looked out seeing nothing she turned back to the laundry room. She watched Khaat not seeing anything out of place and knowing that there were several wolves in the hospital. " so do you see anything out of place?" she asked.

Ruby gathered the plates and placed them in the dishwasher to get clean she sat down and placed her hand on Abby's forehead. " seems like her temps down a lot this morning too, how are you feeling now?" she asked her gently as she handed her a drink.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:04 am

"I'm saying I think it very likely got caught up in the dirty linens and fell out when they went to wash up the sheets and towels," Khaat told Aria, not sure why she wasn't following. "Believe me we've had worse than that in our sheets here."

"Not yet," Marcus replied to Aria's question about seeing anything out of place. He walked the room and saw a piece of tape on the floor where the hair had been found. He opened a floor to ceiling closet where the laundry supplies were kept, and he examined it carefully. He set out a couple gallon jugs of laundry soap and then closed the cabinet door, putting a locking spell on it. "Let's get out of here, shall we?" Marcus asked Khaat and Aria. "Let's go upstairs, and then I'll go down and check on the A&E about any werewolf patients you have...."

"I was telling Aria we have a ward full of them just inside the isolation ward," Khaat told him.

"Thank you. I'll check on them too. I'm going to seal off this room so that no one gets in or out. You don't mind, do you?"

"No, so long as you don't seal someone in," Khaat teased.

"I'll try not to," Marcus laughed, "but I really would rather keep the traffic down here to a limited bases. Only the bare minimum. Can we give your laundry crew a day off? Surely you have enough linens to get through 24 hours without them, can't you?"

"I was up at four in the morning arranging a new laundry room, and now you want to send them all home?" Khaat frowned.

"Look, the last thing I want is your dad going ape nuts on me for not being cautious enough. Let me be ridiculously overprotective and take you both back upstairs. Once you're secure there, I'll go continue the investigation elsewhere. If you get bored, you can teach Aria how to play backgammon." Khaat scowled at him. He had no objections to Aria but she certainly did not have time for backgammon."

"I gots no toys, Roobee," Abbey told her, frustrated. That made Angus laugh.

"Oh yes she does," Angus said. "I shrank and packed all her favorites in her bag. If she's feeling like playing, I think she's a lot better."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:11 am

Aria looked at Khaat and nodded " yuck but yeah" she said and smoved to stand with her. Hearing Marcus she nodded and moved with them back up to the office " backgammon , no thanks" she said " im not good with that game" she added as Khaat spoke to Marcus as they entered the office but she fell back to be instep with Marcus " you found something, didn't you" she said softly to him " thats why you want her abck here, its safe and defendable here"

Ruby heard Abby and smiled picking up Abbys bag and taking out some games for her. Resizing it she lay them on the couch for her to play with " there you go Abby" she said smiling as she then looked to Caprice who was bashing her teddy on the floor and giggling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:17 pm

"I think so," he said quietly to Aria as Khaat began trying to sift through a large stack of messages that all seemed to want her attentions immediately. "But I want to be certain, though before I put anyone on high alert. I found a muddy boot print on the floor of that supply cabinet--a boot print pointing outward, not inward. But--that could be explained any number of ways, not just by some sort of intrusion. Until we know for sure, I purposely sealed off the supply cabinet down there so that no one is going to open it from either side but me. I know she's going to feel like she needs to be elsewhere with all the crisis patients coming in, but I really don't want her out and floating about until I know whether we have something to be concerned about or not. There are hundreds of places for one person to hide in this building, so I'm going to need to get a team together to do a security sweep. I can try to do it alone but I'll defeat my own purpose. Someone could easily elude me by doubling back on me. It's better if I get a team together.

"In the meantime," he continued, "I'll try to refocus her, and when Robert arrives, he will be good at getting her to not feel like she has to do hands-on patient care today. I'll get him to have a word with her. Over the years, I've had a lot of time to put layers of protection spells on her office and Robert's. Oh, and you asked about patient records. There are none kept anywhere but up here on this floor. There's a protected vault of patient records in a hidden room. No one, and I do mean no one, has access to those records except Khaat and Robert. If a nurse or a healer wants a past record, they have to requisition it from Khaat or Robert. Remember, this hospital treats just about every witch or wizard in this country, and countless others from other countries that were here when they got hurt or got sick. In the wrong hands, those records could be disastrous. So, Robert very wisely secured them with massive spells and enchantments, In fact, the room is so well protected that its nigh onto impossible to even find the room itself. So, I don't think, if we do have an intruder, that they're after records. One thing I've learned about James is his serious lack of brain cells. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. if he comes, though, he's mine. Not yours. And if Jack is here, he's Jack's. Jack's brawn is close enough to James's to make it a much more even fight. I'm hoping that I'm over reacting, but I don't take chances. So, when I leave this room, I'll put another spell on the door to keep you both shielded."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:30 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded to him "So you think someone broke into St Mungo's for a potion or a patient all ready here?" she heard him mention the records and she relaxed a little knowing it was not that they were looking for then she heard him mention leaving James to him and she nodded " of course, my focus is protecting Khaat" she said glancing at Khaat " it be good to distract her from her rounds, especially with what you found" she added " but why backgammon, I do not do well with that game" she said 2 you could have said chess" she teased not taking her eyes from Khaat as she moved several papers on her desk.

She could not help but chuckle as he pointed out James was not the sharpest knife in the set. " oh really" she said as she watched him put another spell on the door to keep them both safe for now.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:48 pm

"No. I don't think they're swiping potions or looking for a specific patient. I honestly think if someone comes, I think it could very well be James or one of his pack," Marcus said. "If it's a werewolf, it certainly isn't anyone from Fenrir's pack. If Fenrir needed something, all he'd have to do is tell us what he needs. If it's a werewolf and they're using some sort of subterfuge to break in, then they don't mean anything good. After all, werewolves get wolfsbane and a lot of other treatment from her for free. They don't need to use breaking in to get a bloody thing. So, if they're breaking in, then they don't have any decent motive about it. And he always makes the top of my list of werewolves who have some reason to want to show up someplace where he isn't wanted.
If he shows up, feel free to apparate her home if she'll let you. She'll be concerned about the patients here, and she has a right to be. James won't give a damn about anything or anyone who gets in his way. But, having her here won't help. If I can get back to you, I will, but I will take care of James first, if he's here." He checked the new spell he laid.

"That should help. I'm going to go try to reach Jack on the floo. I'll be within earshot for a few minutes if you need something," he told her, leaving. He went into Robert's office and opened the floo and called first for Angus.

"Angus, you busy?"

"Not actually. I've been thinking about doing the breakfast washing up, but the spirit hasn't actually moved me yet. What's up?" Angus asked.

"I found some odd business in the laundry room after the fire here. there is a remote possibility that James could be around. You have any interest in helping me to a security sweep?"

"Absolutely. I'll bring Edward. Never hurts to have a werewolf slayer when hunting James."

"Oh, by all means," Marcus nodded. "Can you try to find Jack and maybe Jessie and bring them along? I don't know that James is actually here, but I don't want him here either."

"Understood. I'll try to find them, but Edward and I will be there for sure. I don't know if Jess is on duty there or not, but you might want to alert her if she's there. She won't be intimidated by James either, and if you need clearance for a security check, she can help get you clearance if you get any resistance."

"Good thought. I'll keep my eyes open," Marcus said. He closed the floo. Angus went over to Jessie's and knocked, hoping to find either Jessie or Yulong there. If he could get them both to go along, that would be good for Angus.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:55 pm

Aria looked at Marcus and sighed " I had hoped that wasn't the case " she said but nodded "but don't worry about that, she'll be gone even before he steps insie the office." she said listening as he continued to talk about James then walked to the floo.

It was now the office door opened and Jess walked in her eyes looked to Marcus as she walked over to him waiting while he spoke to Angus threw the floo.

Jessie and Yu had just started dinner when they heard a knock Jessie walked to the door and opened it to see Angus " hey Angus what brings you here?" he asked as Chris ran over to the door smiling to Angus as he held on to Jessie leg. Jack walked out of the barn and wiped sweat from his brow and dirt from his hands glancing over he frowned seeing Angus at Jessies then walked over to them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:10 pm

"Keep your eyes open, Jess. I think we could have a security issue. I'm trying to get a team together to do a security sweep. I don't know for certain, but I don't want to take any stupid risks either. I found some circumstantial evidence downstairs that suggests that someone might have come in through the laundry department--someone with werewolf fur. I don't want it to be James, but I can't take the chance that there's been a breech that could get somebody killed either. Robert's not here yet, and I don't want Khaat to worry about James if he really isn't here. I need clearance for a team, though. Can you get it for me?"

"Hey, Guys," Angus smiled. "Came to ask a favor from all three of you. Marcus just called on the floo. He's at St Mungos, and he says he's got some sort of evidence that makes him think that there's a possibility that James is inside. He's not sure, but he doesnt' want to ignore whatever he found either. You three interested in going along with Edward and me to join him in doing a security sweep there to make sure everyone is safe? I might be able to get Michael to join too, maybe. I know my kids would go, but I don't know if I want them cutting their teeth on a skirmish with James, either. I'm sure Evan would come, but I don't think he's ever encountered James."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:17 pm

Jess looked at Marcus and sighed then nodded " good to see you too Marcus and yes I can get that clearance for your team, we do have a lot of werewolf patients and visiters if ther among them there isolated to one floor." she said " you want me to alert security to watch for any one in the wrong place?" Hearing he was bringing in his own team she nodded knowing he would not want her to warn the security in the hospital.

Jessie and Jack both stood still as Angus spoke Jack gave a low growl as James name was mentioned " Im in" Jack said his voice showing his annoyance at the posibility of seeing his brother. Jessie looked at Angus as he spoke then looked down at Chris.

" I can go but Yu needs to stay with Chris" he said as Yu walked up behind him and picked up Chris to hold him on his hip.

" I am good with staying, you will need not leave the grounds ungarded" he said to Angus. Jessie transphigured his clothes then stepped out , turning his kissed Yu then Chris ruffling the boys hair as he moved to stand with Jack ready to head to where Angus needed them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:30 pm

Without Yu, that would leave the team still too short, Angus knew. He had hoped that Yu would have left Chris with Ruby and Tara, but that hadnt happened.

"Give me a minute," Angus said. He went over to the main house. He went next door and found Michael was up again after having a touch of the same flu that everyone else had had. He was up, dressed and sipping on tea. "Feeling better?"

"Right as rain," Michael smiled. "What brings you here?"

"Looking for first stringers that are up for helping to make a security sweep with a handful of us at St. Mungos," Angus said.

"What are we hunting?"

"James," Angus said. Michael rose to his feet, not needing to hear anything else.

"Let's go," Michael said.

While that was going on, Edward saw that Jessie was joining the crew but Yu wasn't. When he saw Angus going to the main building, Edward went to the floo and he called upon Evan. Evan didn't hesitate even for a fraction of a moment. He ported in immediately. Anise saw them forming a group and she ran across the yard to catch up with Angus as he and Michael walked out into the yard.

"What's up? I wanna go too," she said. Angus looked at her, not wanting her to have to fight James.

"There's a possibility that James Blood is at St. Mungos. We just don't want anyone hurt," Angus said.

"I've helped you deal with him before. I'm going," she said, insistent. Angus knew that, of the kids, she had trained all her young life to be a fighter. She had showed promise the very first skirmish she'd been in. Angus looked at Jack.

"You're the outside foreman, Jack," Angus said. "She's a good little fighter. Any objections?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top