A Birth day - Page 94
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 94 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 94 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 94 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:14 pm

Aria looked at Marcus as he spoke then folded her arms " Really, huh I haven't seen you around the ministry, besides your right they are pea brains that work this time of night there and were going into the file room where you probably don't have access." she said holding up an all-access ID that hung around her neck. She did how ever transfigure his clothing into a suit, a dark blue single breasted suit with a white shirt and matching tie. then looked at him "Backup plan?" she said "Well, I was just going to wing it if it got to that" she admitted.

Hearing Robert mention the unspeakable files she nodded "Yeah I don't have access to those but if this Michael can get to them by all means." she said

Ruby laughed and shook her head " you'll be fine I'm sure" she said then looked at Angus as he and Robert spoke she didn't know this wilson nor the woman they ere talking about. " I'll make tea for every one" she said and moved to th kitchen as Aria stood with Marcus.

"come on if we go now it will be praticaly empty and we will not be seen" she said and slapped her hand into his as she aperated them into the floo room of the Ministry to the sund of dead silance. Looking to her left she spoke again" this way , the file rooms tricky but with my pass we whould be fine" she said walking him to wards a large round room with filing cabinets in.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:36 pm

"Let me give you one lesson," Angus said. "The most important thing to know about Michael is that he gets in any damned place he pleases, and I do mean anywhere."

"That's true," Robert laughed. "That's why I hired him. It helps to have a fellow like that on our side. And, yes. I think the suit is much better for him, Aria. I suppose if he need to go in very often, I'll just hire Marcus as a ministry consultant and give him a legitimate ID. Good luck, you two."

Robert brought back a bottle of a potion that was a strange teal color, and he gave Angus a dose of it. "This is a pain potion mixed with an anti-inflammatory potion. Take a dose at supper and one at bedtime with your sleep potion, and we'll see how you are in the morning. I'm going to go back and ask Michael to talk to Daniella and to go check the Unspeakable files. Call me if you need something." He gathered his things and apparated out.

"Ru, if you can do some casework, don't feel like you need to stay behind to bodyguard me. The soonest we solve this, the soonest we can get home. I'm not saying I don't enjoy time alone with you because I do, but this is a bit anticlimactic," Angus told her. He wrote a note to Hogwarts and sent it through the floo and included a copy of the photo. Then, as a second thought, he sent a message through to Edward, and asked if he thought it was worth their energies to check with the Italian ministry of magic. Edward immediately returned an enthusiastic reply saying he believed it absolutely was worth the energy and he also had connections with the Italian national police force. He was going to check them both. Simone said she had connections because of her years with Maurice, who had been a the British ambassador to the Spanish ministry of magic, that she could get them to check their records too. Angus agreed, believing it was worth asking. Angus was hoping that, if they needed, Marcus could ask the Bulgarian ministry of magic as well.

"I'm sure we'll be fine," Marcus told Aria waling with her. He happened to see just the very smallest wisp of white smoke curling up into the air towards the next floor up. He recognized the one tiny flourishing curl that the smoke had on the very tail. "Michael's here," he told Aria quietly. "If we can't get in for some reason, he can, but we'll give it a try."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:44 pm

Ruby smiled to Angus and lent over to lightly kiss him " Im fine " she said smiling at him.

Aria glanced up at teh barss railing at the wisp of smoke that Marcus had pointed out " oh hes one of those" she said and shuckled " yep he can get in any where, I feel I met a michael but years ago" she said taking him into a large room ith files scanning her ID it opened up and she smiled " kay you take that bunch of files and I'll take the right side we'll meet in the middle" she said and sttarted to take out files and lay them on the ground once or twice some one walked passed but she just smiled and shrugged at them. After an hour she stood up and walked around a file to bump right into Marcus again " we need to stop meeting like this " she said chukaling but hearing heavy foot stepps she wrapped her arms around him and roled them together behind a cabinet holding her finger to her lips to silance him " its a gardian" she said softly as she realized they were pressed tight against each other. " I hope thats your wand?" she asked looking up at him.

Ruby brought over a fresh pot of tea from the kitchen and pored a cup for Angus " hre this should take the taste away its strawberry and orange flavor, yes one of Roberts I brought with us" she said smiling as she picked up a file that she saw on the floor. Opening it she sat and read it before closing it and placing it on th tble beside him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:02 pm

"Michael is actually a very experienced catburglar by trade. In the years I've known him, I haven't see anything he hasn't been able to climb. Nor have I seen him stymied by any lock anywhere," Marcus said quietly. "He's multilingual, and he is also very good at escaping from just about anything. Robert hired him because, first, when an agent gets into a bind and can't get out of a mission, Michael's the one that goes in to extricate the agent before he's killed. He is sort of a one man black ops squad. And second, every government has a need to either steal back what's been stolen from them or to steal something that is just too dangerous for their enemies to have. Michael is Robert's man for that. I think, quite honestly, Michael has to be one of the most valuable Unspeakables the ministry has."

As they went through the file room, Marcus rooted out file after file, putting some back as he went to get out just the files he thought would be helpful. When she asked if that was his wand in his pocket, he reached into his pocket and showed her a rather fat pen he had--one he always carried with him.

"My pen," he told her dryly. He put the pen back in his pocket.

"Thanks," Angus told Ruby. "One thing about it, Robert will never get any awards for his great tasting potions. They're usually effective but they're also nasty. God, I miss the kids. I miss Evan too. Do you realize their first week should have finished yesterday? They're just starting their second week. I bet they did their survival weekend this weekend too. Hopefully, they all survived. Not to change subjects, but I need to ask Iya if there is any significance to the fact that when Marie brewed that killing potion she brewed it on the step of that mausoleum. I mean, she could have made it in the kitchen of that shack or anywhere for that matter. Why did she pick that place, of all places? I wonder if there is a connection. Suppose that there's any answers in any of the voodoo books that Lee put on our shelves here?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:16 pm

Aria listened to Marcus then saw him draw out a pen from his pocket and she breathed out "Ho thank goodness" she said relaxing, with the guardian moved on she pulled back from him and pulled a file from behind him and opened it " oh Michael Tramaine" she said and showed him the file " might want to keep that, but theres nothing in it so , well done to him for keeping out of our sights. " she chuckled as she then moved back to her side of the filing cabinet and put back the files she had pulled out until she got to the last one " nothing I can find, there was mention of a woman but no name, she was imprisoned for several years for killing a muggle family but escaped, I think it was before the filing system updated as there's not much to go on, last sighting was around the Honey Island Swamp – One of the more well known swamps in the area, it is home is based near the Pearl River. A maze of old-growth cypress trees and houseboats line the area." she showed him a single piece of paper " Sounds idea for voodoo practice, right, maybe we could check it out?" she suggested.

Ruby smiled as she heard Angus mention the tatse of some of Roberts potions were questionable at best " thats what I thought " she said smiling as he spoke of the kids " yes I realize that, Im actualy proud that they haven't had any issues so far it shows how indipendant they are, but yeah I miss them and Caprice even if shes a hand full, its just who she is." she said some what dreamily.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:33 pm

"Yeah, sure. Any lead, at this point, is a good lead," Marcus said. "I'm wondering if we need to perhaps see if any of Lee's people can infiltrate the local voodoo community--or if they already have. There has to be some sort of underground news through the followers. I know Iya and Beau have some information, but I would think that, amongst the followers, there might be more that is relevant to what they know about this woman. The other things that bothers me is that if they honestly think she knows conventional magic, that leads me to think she went to a traditional wizarding school at least for awhile, but why on earth would she pick up this interest in voodoo? I don't know much about it, but for some reason, voodoo is seen as a positive thing here, even by the muggles. So did she pursue the positive spells or, presuming there are more dark spells that Angus just hasn't seen yet, is there some advantage it gives her over conventional dark arts spells? I really need to know more about that. Do these followers believe in voodoo, or are these people just thugs who are pretending to go along with the voodoo in order to get paid to help her accomplish her goal of ending Angus? I mean, that would be a really long, elaborate way to go to kill somebody. There certainly are cheaper and easier ways, after all."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:38 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded "Light be agood plan, there is one place we can check the archives" she said and closed the draw she stood at "Might be a very very long shot." she said and headed to a back room that was filled with dust and cobwebs " nobody's have been here in ...well as far as I can remember nobodies been here " stopping she turned to face him " your okay with spiders right" she asked him as she brushed off a spider from his shoulder letting it slowly decend from her hand to the floor and disapar nder a shelf. " when I first came here I was placed in the archives , every one hated me , I remeber there was an old file of voodoo schools , might be out of date but could give is a lead. "

Moving betwen the shelves she finaly stopped and cast lumos at a box there sat a date and nothing more " this is it" she said and took it down. " we can take it back to Angus to check out along with lees input their not going to miss it.." she said standing holding the box.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:55 pm

"Yeah, I'm fine with spiders," Marcus laughed. "Voodoo schools? Here in the UK? Why would we do that? Or are they international schools?"

"Hey, Kids," Michael's voice came to them from behind them. "Thought you might like this. I might have a name. Found a child--a girl, born to Creaole parents who were in a holiday here forty years ago. Parents returned to Louisiana after their holiday--with the baby. When she turned 9, her father's employer transferred him to Brazil. So she started school there at Castelobruxto. She went there for three years, but she was expelled. And you'll never guess why. She was caught time after time after time in the restricted section of the library there reading dark arts spells--including dark folk spells of the latin community--much like the curanderos but only with dark spells.

"It doesn't end there, though. From there, her parents thought to send her to Beauxbatons, but she didn't last even quite a full year there. Was expelled there in February of that year for the same darned thing. She was sent home to her parents in Brazil. Her parents appealed to the wizarding ambassador to the States, and she was sent to Ilvermorny to finish. She has more detentions and suspensions there there than any other student they ever had--and for the same damned thing. You're going to ask. Does she have a name. Yes, she does. Priscilla Jeanmard. She's 40 years old. Lee's people are getting her last known Ilvermorny photo from them, and Daniella is sending me her Beauxbatons picture. So, do I know that this is our girl? Not yet, but it certainly sounds promising."

"Certainly does," Marcus agreed. "So, if this is her, she just really seems to be dark through and through. She doesn't seem to need a reason to be bad."

"Well, I don't understand her motive for it yet. Her parents are quite elderly, but Lee tells me that because of the risk to their lives, her parents were actually given new identities and were undergrounded to a completely different country with entirely new lives to hide from her. They're scared to death of her."

"Damn. That's a tough blow, to have to lose everything you've ever known and to start over, because of your kid?" Marcus asked. "You just might have her, Michael."

"Maybe," Michael agreed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:09 am

Aria looked at Marcus and nodded "You know the ministry loves to poke its nose into everything not it's business. " when she heard Michaels's voice and turned to face him "Nice to meet you in person MrTramaine" she said smiling as he spoke "Hum sounds like a lead there, we should get back to Angus, you coming or heading out?" she asked Michael " oh Im auror Aria Barnett, Marcus's partner, by the way, you realy should change your cologne, as pleasant as it is, it gives you away." she said and held out her hand for him to shake.

Hearing him talk of the woman and some history she placed down the box and took out sevral peices of paper " ahha here this school has a woman by that name." she held up the paper to Marcus " its right on the byou where Angus wanted to go." Aria placed the lid back on the box and placed the box back but not before taking the paers and files she needed and sucking them into the front of her jacket. Pausing she looked at both men " what? there safe there, but we're not and should get back to the floo hall to head back to Angus." she said noting the time and the change over to day shift . " I assub you can make yourown way to the safe house whre Angus is mr Tramain?" she said as she tored some paper and wrote Angus number down. " you can contact Angus on that number if you don't feel New Oreans is your scene."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:32 am

"Nice to see you again, Ms. Barnett. We met very briefly when you were kind enough to assist us in getting Angus out of Azkaban. You went with me to get him back from there to get him home." He shook hands with her.

"I don't have a particular scene. I'm adaptable," Michael told her, "but I'm staying with Robert and Kate right now in the garden district. And, yes, I know how to reach Angus's place. I'll meet you both there. I'm guessing that Robert and Kate will want this new information as well, so I'll check back in with them before I drop over to Angus and Ruby's. Ill see you there in a little." He drew a skeleton key from his pocket and ported out.

Michael went home to the house he was sharing in New Orleans with Kate and Robert. Edward and Simone were there, and Robert seemed agitated.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked.

"Sam and Anise. When I find them, I'm going to kill them---both of them," Robert seethed.

"Why? What's happened?"

"Last night, Anise dreamed that Angus was killed on this assignment, and she can't get it out of her head. She and Sam bailed on the training in Colorado, and Kieran and Evan believe that Sam and Anise have just been spending the day apparating in short hops from Colorado to New Orleans. Sam's transportation skills are new enough that he isn't likely to be capable of making a port key to New Orleans. Nor can he apparate long distances yet. That takes time and experience to learn. So i'm wagering they got a bloody map, and they've been making short hops to cross country to get here to try to protect him."

"Angus is going to blow a major fuse over this," Michael sighed. "Are you kicking them out before they get started?"

"I should, but I probably won't," Robert sighed. "Kate's been trying to convince me that Anise is a young seer without any formal training, so for her this has to be terrifying. So, if I leave them in the program it will be purely Kate's doing."

"How do they expect to even find Angus?"

"No bloody clue," Robert said. "It isn't as if they can go to a hotel and look at the registry and find out what room they're in. I've sent word to Lee so that his people can start trying to track them. I'm hoping they can track energy signatures like we do. If so, they might be able to track them--maybe. Any luck on your part?"

"Very possibly, yes," Michael said. "We should bring Lee and the others and all meet at Angus's."

"I'll notify Lee, then," Robert said. It took just a few minutes but then, they all apparated to Angus's. Robert knocked and then they just opened the door and went in.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 94 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top