A Birth day - Page 93
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 93 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 93 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:18 am

Aria chuckled and looked at Angus "No your good, besides it looks good on you." she said with a chuckle as she gave her order to the waitress for an iced coffee. She looked at Marcus "I need the caffeen after this morning." she said then saw Robert and Edward enter the restaurant. Ruby chuckled and smiled to them both as they walked over.

" I would think shes back at the house." Ruby said " possible getting things ready for you dear" she said to Angus. Aria kept an eye on the surounding people in the restaraunt as they waited for their food to turn up.

" Hey Robert , Edward what brings you here , please come sit with us, we were about to eat." she said as if they were old freinds they had just met and not employer and employee. retching back she pulled two chairs to the table setting them ether side of Angus so they fcould check him with out too much disruption.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 am

"Thank you," Robert said as he and Michael took places at the table. To be sociable, they ordered drinks for themselves but not meals. "So, why are we here?"

"My graceful friend," Marcus said, glancing down at Angus's ankle. "And of course it wasn't his fault."

"It never is," Robert laughed. "Whose fault is it this time?"

"Marie Laveau's," Angus said. "I almost had her. I only missed her by a couple inches."

"It was more like several feet," Marcus said.

"Of course it was. So what did you trip on?"

"She cast a hole in the alley right in front of me..."

"And of course, you ran right into it," Robert nodded.

"Well, exactly. Couldn't stop in time, now, could I?"

"Apparently not," Robert said. "So why are we here at the restaurant? Why aren't you home..."

"Because we made plans for lunch, that's why," Angus said.

"Did he hit his head too?" Michael asked.

"No, he's just hungry," Marcus laughed.

"Look here, though," Angus handed his phone to Michael, who scrolled through the pictures while Robert reached down and laid his hand on Angus's ankle to get a preliminary diagnosis. Michael scrolled through the pictures.

"Oh, nice. Very nice. We've got some good clear images of the old bat's face here. Nicely done," Michael said.

"See? It was worth it."

"Well, I didn't say that," Michael laughed out loud, enjoying an opportunity to give Angus a hard time. "Did he break anything?"

"Can't tell for sure at this angle, but right now, I don't think so," Robert said. "Alright. So here's what you're all going to do. You're going to get the server to make this order to go, and we're going to go home. You can eat at home while I tend this. Find a way to apparate. Did you drive?"

"We did," Marcus said.

"We didn't," Angus said. "Beau did."

"Good. Marcus, leave the keys with Beau. I'll have one of Lee's people bring your car home. Let's get this tended and get our facts all sorted, shall we?" Robert asked.

"We don't need everyone to change plans because of this. I can manage to get there on my own," Angus said. "They can stay and enjoy lunch."

"You're a dunce. They're not going to want to do that, but I'm sure they already know they could if they wanted," Robert said to him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:42 am

Aria sat and listened to them talking when the mention of a togo was mentioned Aria stood up and walked over to their waitress " Im sorry to ask but could we have our order to go, we ment some old freinds and they've invited us back to their place but we so want to eat the ribs here as we heard they were super good. " she said smiling sweetly at him.

"sure, it will be one moment, I'll throw in some extra ribs for your frieinds." he said and she walked back to the table.

"Okay, foods being boxed up with extra ribs." she said sitting down next to Marcus as she heard about aperating back to the house. She also heard Angus say about staying and eating and shook her head " what makes you think we'll stay here and eat while your laid up back at the house, not a chance mate" she said then smiled as the waiter brought over a large box and two bags to the table , Aria paid for the meal and looked at every one " so we good to go?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:53 am

"We are good to go. Thank you, Libby," Robert said to Aria as Michael passed around some muggle credit cards. Angus knew immediately they were portkeys to get them back to their place in the bayou. Angus took it for granted that Lee's people must have made them all. He figured they were effective, but they didn't have Michael's panache.

"Use them wisely," Michael told everyone.

"Thank you," Marcus said.

"Do try to manage to not let the muggles see you leave," Robert reminded them.

"I have an idea," Beau said, "if he can walk a few doors up the street to my car."

"I'll manage," Angus said. "Let's go." They got up and left the restaurant and headed up the street to Beau's car.

"I can darken the windows in my car. Muggles with luxury cars do it all the time anyway. You can all get in a few at a time, and then in the car, you can use the cards to get you back to the bayou."

"That will work," Robert nodded. When they got to the car, Marcus and Angus got in and ported back. Beau opened the door for someone else to port back.

"Ladies? Care for a lift home?" he asked, leaving Robert and Michael as the last ones to port back.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:01 am

Aria and Ruby watched the men take the cards as did they while Aria carried a bag Ruby held a box and abag of food as they all walked out to the car. Passing the waiter station the waiter smiled to Aria who rolled her eyes and looekd to Ruby " why do the young men think smiling at a woman get them into bed?" she asked Ruby just shrugged her shoulders as they left the restaraunt and headed to the car letting marcus and Angus get in Aria got in next with Ruby and ported them back to the house.

Apearing Aria walked to the kitchen and placed the food down on the counter while Ruby began opening the boxes and plating up the ribs for every one to eat. " Im going to go take a quick shower and change." she said walking across the yard to the house she shared with Marcus and unlocking the door. Stepping in the first thing she did was make sure nothing had been disturbed while they were away, finding nothing she quickly showered.

Now showered she returned in a pair of light cotton trousrs and a white blouse. " so hows his ankle?" she asked walking over to Angus and the others.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:14 pm

When Robert got Angus home, he helped him to the sofa and put him there and took his shoe and then took off the scarf so he could get a better look at his ankle.

"Be glad I'm a wizard," Robert told him. "If I were a muggle, you'd be in a cast and on crutches for the next two months."

"I thought you said it was a sprain."

"It is. However, in this case, you'd have been better off had you just broken it and gotten it overwith. However, that being said, since I am not a muggle, we can do a lot better. I'll set some powerful healing spells in place, and then we can wrap it really well and ice it. I can give you a potion not only for pain but I can give you one to help decrease swelling. If you stay off it--and I do mean completely off it--we might be able to turn the worst of it around by tomorrow. You might need a wrap or an elastic brace on it for a couple days after that but you're not going to have near the issues you do now--unless you fool around and are up on it today and tomorrow. And, yes, it will bruise, but I'm not concerned about that. That's normal for a sprain."

Robert was busy wrapping the ankle when the others came in.

"Well, he'll live," Robert told the others with a smile. "I told him he absolutely has to stay completely off it today and most of tomorrow. We'll get him a pair of crutches to use today and tomorrow. Hopefully the healing spells will have the worst of the damage resolved by as early as tomorrow night. I want him entirely off it, elevating it and icing it. No weight bearing on it at all for the next 48 hours. Ice twenty minutes on and twenty off for the next several hours. I'll try to contact Nigel about getting a magic wrap to do that job. I have a magic wrap but its entirely too big for this job. It's the one we've used for his shoulder. So, I'll try to get a smaller one and get it to you. Until then, you'll have to go old school with an ice bag. Oh, and someone text around those pictures he took. In fact, I think there's a group link that sends them to all of us. Get that done, would you? Let's see if we can enlarge them and finally get a good look at her face. I want to see what she looks like."

"Not much to say about her, really," Angus said, getting out his phone. He opened the pictures and handed them to Robert who flipped through them.

"Well, she's actually a beautiful woman," Robert said. "Quite stunning. Too bad her heart isn't so beautiful to match." Angus peered into the photos and frowned. "What?" Robert asked him.

"You said she was pretty. I hadn't noticed," Angus said. "I suppose she is, but I've seen the ugly side of her, and that cancels out everything else. You really don't expect me to just sit here for two days while she runs rampant, maybe killing more people, do you?"

"I don't think I stuttered or gave you some sort of exception that you could go do whatever you wanted because you're bored, did I?" Robert looked at him. "Read a book. Or I could have Lee bring you a muggle computer and you could try to do some research to identify her. Do you know how to use a muggle computer?"

"It is definitely not a strong suit for me," Angus said. "I was hired to fight. I was not hired for paperwork when I worked at the Ministry."

"Well, I suppose operating a muggle computer really might be more in Ruby's or Aria's wheelhouse, but you're the one who's bored. I can keep them busy doing actual casework. However, if we can get some printed copies of those pictures, we could send them to Hogwarts and to Ilvermorny to see if their headmasters recognize her at either of those schools. I would start there. I would very much doubt that we need to consider Beaubatons, but we can try it if we strike out at Hogwarts or Ilvermorny. Just for kicks, if we strike out, we could also add Castelobruxto in Brazil as an alternative, but that seems to me like a longshot at best. We'll check them all if we must. We could also have Michael get a picture to Daniella as another longshot, I suppose."

"Well," Marcus said, "you know, there's a faster way to get the computer work done, and since she's been killing muggles too, it is just as much a concern for them as it is for us. You ministers have some inroads already with the muggle leaders. Ask them to run a records check from those photos. Their people can operate those computers in fraction of a minute, and we could spend an hour just trying to figure out how to turn it on and connected it to that spiderweb thing they use or whatever it's called."

"Oh--the internet," Robert nodded.

"Yeah. That's it."

"That's probably a better thought. Besides, if I gave Angus a computer, he'd probably take it out and back the truck over it just for spite," Robert said.

"I hadn't actually thought of it, but if you're going to put ideas in my head..." Angus began.

"Forget I said it," Robert laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:25 pm

Aria rived with Ruby and let go of her as they walked into the room Aria headed to the freezer and filled a clear bag with ice then wrapped it in a teatowel walking back over she held it out to Angus " here you go" she said then moved to stand with Marcus. "Plus you have Marcus and I if you need us to fetch anything or just to do the leg work" she said " its why we're here right" she added and glanced at Marcus "besides he'd most likely feed it to a gator, hum I wonder if thats how the gator in peter pan happened, he got sick of the tick from the watch and threw it into a swamp?" she whispered.

Ruby moved to placed the ice pack that she took from Angus gently on his ankleas she lifted it on to a foot stool so he could rest it. "Its okay, I'll stay with him while it heals." she said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:42 pm

"Hook fed the clock to the crocodile deliberately," Angus told her. "Edward read me pirate stories at bedtime when I was small. That's one I remember."

"Peter Pan? I figured Edward to be more of a Treasure Island fellow," Robert said.

"He is, We read that too."

"Is that where you got the bug to take fencing lessons?"

"No. That was from the Three Musketeers, actually," Angus said.

"It paid off for you, that's for sure," Robert said. Robert accio'd a couple pillows and put them under Angus's ankle. "Your footstool is a good idea, Ruby. Just remember that to properly elevate any sorts of sports injury, you should always try to elevate it higher than the heart if you can manage. Since the heart pumps fluid, you make the heart's job easier and more effective at pumping away excess swelling and fluid if you elevate it higher than the heart. Those two pillows are close enough, I think."

"You add many more pillows and you'll fold me in half," Angus teased.

"I could do that," Robert teased him back. "Alright, I'm going to go to the kitchen to mix a potion for you. " He got up and took his bag and headed for the kitchen.

"Give me your phone," Marcus told Angus. Angus handed over his phone, and Marcus found the pictures and texted them to everyone in the group link that had been placed on the phone. As soon as he sent them, a reply came from Lee.

"Good work!" Lee texted. "I'll get my team on it and we'll try to identify her. Can you lot get your ministry to try to ID her too?"

"I think I should let you answer that one," Angus said to Aria.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:48 pm

Aria listened and chuckled "Oh right," she said then wanted them to elevate his leg more and talk about the woman when asked about the ministry iding the woman she looked at them both "Yeah we could, send me the photo I can head back and go threw the files, she has to be in there someplace, disgraced or not," she said knowing only a skeleton staff would be on seeing as it would be the middle of the night. she looked at Marcus "Want to come with?" she asked " could use a special pair of eyes" she said and turned back to look at them " what he could see something I miss, that's all I meant " she said and shook her head making Ruby chuckle where she sat.

Aria looked at Angus as she transphigured her clothing to her uniform and looked to Marcus " you'll have to look like part of my team" she said and transphigured him into a uniform like hers " hum looks good on you" she said and chuckled as she lehd out her hand to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:04 pm

"Aria," Marcus said, "you forget I'm already well known there since I used to work there and since I work now for the Lupin family. My face has been plastered repeatedly all over the Prophet every time Khaat's face has been in the paper. I'm always the person right beside her. Nobody's ever going to believe I work in your squad now. We can try it, but the only way it'll fly is if you have employees working today who are completely devoid of brain cells. We can try it, but I hope you have a backup plan if this one doesn't fly. Let's go."

"I'll have Michael check the Unspeakables files," Robert said, knowing that Aria didn't have access to the Unspeakables department and their information. He can talk to Daniella too. That will take care of those two things, and with Lee's people on their own records check, we're in pretty good shape."

"I got to know the Deputy Headmaster pretty well while Sam and Victor were there. Seems he's an old friend of Khaat's. I think I could ask him to check Hogwarts records."

"So who is this old friend?"

"Professor Wilson."

"James Wilson?" Robert asked, and Angus nodded. "Capital! He is a man who is completely above reproach. By all means, ask him. That will fix that. I hope Lee has a contact at Ilvermorny. I have no contact there now since Kate's sister damned near destroyed the place a few years back."

"Oh. I remember that now that you mention it. That was ugly. Whatever happened to her?"

"Damned if i I know. She disappeared when her scheme fell apart, and Kate and I haven't heard from her since," Robert said. "She wouldn't be able to show up here in the states or back home anyway. The aurors would have her for certain. Personally, I think she was just a patsy for a much bigger crook, but she wouldn't tell us who it was."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top