A Birth day - Page 89
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 89 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 89 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:10 am

Ruby had followed Lya advice and headed up to bed but not before kissing Angus gently and covering him with a blanket.

Aria woke and stretched as she watched Marcus wrap a sheet around him then fetch in teh food from the box they ahd been told about . Slipping from the bed she dressed and remade it as if nether of them had slept in it . walking to the kitchen she saw the papers and picked one up to read it as she pored both of them some tea " hum, ministrys at it again, big hunt for werewolfves, good luck with that." she said now placing down her paper as she sipped her tea as she smelt the food cooking. " wow you can cook, I could have helped too you know" she looked over at him " I cook tomorrow if were still here , deal?" she asked.

Ruby woke showered changed and headed down to th living room she ahd slept a few hours but could not stop thinking about flattening the creole woman into the mud. " morning Beau and you too Lya, food smells wonderful thank you" she said with a smile glancing at the still sleeping Angus as she head Beau talk " thats good" she said poring some coffee into two cups and handing one to Beau with a smile. " you looked like you need this" she added " and thanks for looking after him last night too"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:23 am

"Well, there are two problems with the ministry's hunt for werewolves. First, they have never treated werewolves like they're decent people. There are decent werewolves and dark werewolves, just like there are decent wizards and dark wizards," Marcus said. "And second, they don't know where to find them. those of us who work for Robert could help with that, but the ministry doesn't want our help. They're too busy wanting to round them up to force them into some sort of contained environment like the Americans did to the Native Americans. And I won't help them do that. The ministry runs about trying to find Fenrir, and they need to leave him alone. He's an old man now, and he's not hurting anybody. He's not a saint, but he's not a problem right now either. The only werewolf the ministry needs to worry about is James Blood. He's a crazy, mass murdering sonofa...never mind. I've brawled with him more times than I care to count." Marcus wasnt' going to tell Aria where Fenrir was with his pack. Nor was he going to tell her where James was, although he knew where both Fenrir and James were living. He didn't want to put her in the position of having to decide her loyalties.

"Well," Marcus said, changing subjects a little, "I'll have to check in on Angus and Ruby, and then we'll decide if we should pair with them or go separately. We might do well to go back to the House of Voodoo on Bourbon Street and try to talk to the shop owner about Marie impersonators. It might come to nothing, but it wouldn't be the first wild goose chase either of us have ever done. Unless you have some better ideas? I'm always open to suggestion."

"You're welcome," Iya said. "You're both going to need a good breakfast if you're going to go hunt Marie. If you want to go to where she takes him in his dreams, you'll have to go by boat. It isn't very easily accessible by land. Beau knows how to run either of those boats out there, but since those boats are small, we'll have to take both of them probably. Beau and I will go in one if you two can follow in the other. Bring your weapons in case she's left any followers to guard the place."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:35 am

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded " I am aware, I worked with one remember, in your compound and as for Fenrir as long as he keeps to himself I don't have any problems with him, it's just the ministry ballsing up everything as usual" she said eating her breakfast " this is good, real good " as he spoke of returning to the shop she nodded " good idea and even if they don't know, they might be able to point us in the right direction to find this woman or one of her crew we could follow back to their base, but nope your suggestion seems good but if I think of anything I'll let you know. " she said continuing to eat her food " you think they will be awake?" she asked.

Ruby looked to Lya and smiled and nodded "Of course, maybe an airboat will be better?" she suggested, " I heard they can go on land a bit too since they are flat bottomed." Ruby took some food and moved to sit down at the table to eat taking a hardy amout of food knowing they might be in for a fight should any of Maries lackys still be around in the day time. She heard her mention taking weapons and nodded " I have my wand and a set of knives Angus isnsited I have."she told her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:57 am

"I figured we could use some breakfast before we set off to work," he said, "but if you want to cook next time, that's fine. I'm flexible. As for Angus and Ruby, I'm sure Ruby will be up by now. Angus will be up soon if he isn't up already. It depends on whether he actually got any restful sleep. But--I'm guessing Ruby cooked breakfast and they're probably trying to get their day started just like we are." He kissed her lightly. "I'm going to go shower and get dressed for the day. Take your time, Mrs. Smythe. Enjoy a leisurely start to your day because we might not always get a relaxed start like this. I'll be straight back." He went to shower and shave and dress.

"Well, yes, they can go on land," Iya said, "but Lee only left you an airboat with two seats. It won't hold all four of us. He really should change that and give you a bigger one. So, for now, you're going to need both boats if we're to take you there. And I think Angus is very wise to make sure you both have more than your wands to fight with."

Angus got up, heavy and groggy. Beau figured out he was not quick to be wide awake in first thing in the morning. He laughed gently. He got up and poured Angus a mug of coffee and took it to him.

"'Morning, Sleeping Beauty," Beau grinned. "Take your time. Breakfast is hot whenever you want it."

"Thanks," Angus said. Beau saw a mark on Angus's face and he turned Angus's head gently to see a big black bruise on his right lower jaw where Angus had taken a haymaker in the brawl he'd had with Marie's followers, and he also had a shiner on his left eye.

"You've got a couple souvenirs from last night," Beau said. "Did they get you anywhere else?"

"Well, if you're asking if they hit me anywhere else, yes. They did. Did I bruise anyplace? I have no idea. I have a bruises on my face?"

"A couple nice pretty black and purple ones," Beau said. "By what I saw, though, you gave them worse than they gave you."

"Well, that was my goal."

"Then I'd say you won. Iya and Ruby are talking about going to the place in the bayou where Marie takes you at night."

"Good idea," Angus said. "We might as well see it in the daylight. Do you know the place?"

"Yeah. I do. It's a remote part of the bayou, and there have always been rumors that there are voodoo ceremonies there. I don't know if those are her doing or if they've been holding rumors there before she came into the picture."

"How long has she been operating?"

"A couple of years," Beau replied. "We're not sure what brought her here or why she is taking up with Gelding."

"Money," Angus said. "Suzanne couldn't cast her way out of a wet paper bag. She pays other witches and wizards to do her magic for her."

"So why is she after you? Ruby seems to think its because she can't stand to see Ruby and Jessie happy."

"Yeah, I know Ruby thinks that, but that's not the biggest reason. I can't get her to shift much beyond that. I mean, it is her mother, after all. Suzanne's motives actually have very little do to with Ruby and Jessie. They've been adults for quite some time now. This is because Ruby and I found out that Suzanne and Reginald were big crooks and that they were abusive to their sons Sam and Victor. So, we managed to get custody of Sam and Victor, and she has been on a wild tear ever since because she blames me for losing all her children and for her first husband's death. She has sworn to see me dead."

"Ah. Now that makes more sense. So she has a variety of motives."

"Yeah. Just pick one. Any of them," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:04 am

Aria watched Marcus as he spoke "Yeah good thinking and yes I'd hoped for another breakfast with you" she said and smiled as she heard him talk about Angus and Ruby then mention going for a shower "Go ahead take your time, oh the waters perfect by the way Mr Smythe" she could not help chukle as she opened the paper again and read more while she ate her food.

Ruby saw Angus wake up and saw teh bruising on his face , moving to her bag she took out a salve and handed it toBeau " its one of Roberts salves for reducing bruising, I got it before we left incase it happened again, got to be prepared right." she said and stepped back to give him room to apply the salve to Angus, She heard Lya mention the boats and nodded " yeh if Marcus and Aria are coming too we will need bigger boats."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:22 am

"I'll have Beau contact Stella about making a change to the boats," Iya said to Ruby.

Marcus showered and changed into some gray cotton trousers and a white shirt. He didn't want to loo too touristy. A little was fine, but he wasn't going to go with too stereotyped of a look. It was just very slightly dressy. Just the tiniest bit.

"What do you think? I didn't want to be the guy in socks and sandals, so I went just a little upscale. Will it do, do you think?" Marcus asked Aria.

"Thanks," Beau said. He took the lid off the jar and looked at Angus. "Look at me." He told Angus. He turned Angus's face so he could see the bruises and he put the ointment on the bruises. "It smells rather like a cross between herbs and a freshly mowed lawn."

"Its better than what some of Robert's other concoctions smell like," Angus said dryly. "You realize when I shower, I'm just going to shower this all off."

"Well, the jar isn't empty, so we'll just redo it."

"Piti, I expect you to eat before it gets cold," Iya said in a firm tone. "Get yourself off your seat and get in here and get your plate." That made Angus and Beau both laugh.

"She isn't very warm and fuzzy, is she?" Angus teased.

"No," Beau laughed.

"I heard that," Iya said. Angus accio'd his plate to him, and Iya looked into the living room at the plate landing in Angus's hands. She rolled her eyes at him and then floated a fork over to him. "Unless you prefer to just put your face in it," she added.

"No. I would not. Thank you," Angus laughed.

"Beau, you get your tail in gear too. Send word to Stella that this puny little airboat won't do. We need one with at least three bench seats. Not just one," Iya told him

"Okay,' Beau said. He looked at Angus. "You eat. I have my marching orders." he got up and prepared a note to send to Stella.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:36 am

Aria looked up as he walked back in setting down the paper she stood up and walked over to him, opening the jacket she looked at the label" Cotton, a good choice it will keep you cool and I noticed the extra inside pockets too, good will do if we find any evidence we need to bring back" she added then retching down she picked up a hanky and folded it placing it into his lapel pocket " looking good Mr James" she said and chuckled as she patted his chest. Pausing she moved to lift the hem of her skirt to show a garter with several silver small daggers and the inside of the dress were small pockets. " we think alike." she said and smiled letting the dress fall back down. " if your ready we should go across to Angus and Ruby, before they get teh wrong impreshion , or should that be right impression?" she said smirking as she moved to the door and took off the charm he'd placed there earlier that night and opend the door " wow stepping out into the oven" she said feeling the heat rush into their cool house.

Ruby smirked as Angus spoke to Lya "Think of her as she is your unofficial grand mother." she said and looked to Lya then Beau as he applied the salve to Angus and smiled as she saw Lya interact with them. To her it felt good to laugh even if it was for a short time. She saw Beau move to send word to change the boats to bigger ones. " thank you Beau, I do think the bigger ones would be better."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:55 am

"I don't care what they think," Marcus told her. "None of us are virgins. I'm not ashamed to be with you. I don't have one single reason to hide it." They went over to Angus and Ruby's. Marcus knocked on the door and then opened it, motioning for Aria to go ahead of him.

"Well, yeah. If you're going to use them much, that one won't work," Beau said. "I don't think he expected you'd actually need them much. Either way, though, the airboat is too small. If you get a bigger motor boat he might as well make it a regular speed boat and get it overwith."

"Morning, All," Marcus said. "Any trouble last night?"

"Just the usual," Iya said. "I drove off Marie from Angus last night, so she knows I exist. We're now going to be in an open battle with her. And, Angus got into a brawl in his sleep with some of her followers, so he has a couple more bruises but aside from that, you didn't miss a thing."

"Good," Marcus said. He went into the living room and inspected Angus's face. "Did you get a couple good licks in at least?"

"I did," Angus grinned.

"Good man. Proud of you. Need help in the shower today?"

"No, I think I'll be alright," Angus said. He got up, setting his plate aside, and headed upstairs. Marcus picked up the plate and took it to the kitchen and put it in the sink.

"Get any leads yesterday?" Beau asked Marcus.

"Maybe. The clerk at the House of Voodoo said there are some bad Marie impersonators and a couple good ones, but told us the owner has the contact information for them. Aria and I thought we'd go try to get that contact information today," Marcus said. "What about you?"

"I'm taking them to see where she takes Angus in his dreams," Iya said.

"Good. Well, I think we should head out soon to follow our leads and meet up, maybe towards noon?"

"Yeah, that works," Beau said. "There's a little tiny place in New Orleans on Magazine Street. It's not open for supper. It's only really open for lunch but the food is great. Not the sort of place our Marie is going to frequent. Its call the Red Dog Diner. How about we meet there at about eleven. If we get in a little early and get out, we'll reduce our chances of seeing her even further."

"Sounds like a smart plan," Marcus nodded.

"Bring your appetite. The portions are huge," Iya laughed. "Mind if we borrow your bathroom to freshen up and change?"

"Help yourself," Angus said, coming back downstairs in beige cotton trousers and an olive green linen shirt. "It's all yours."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:07 am

Aria heard Marcus and smiled "Good because I'm not one to kiss and tell," she said as they walked over and into Ruby and Angus "Thank you, Marcus, wow Angus you look like you lost a fight, she at it again?" she asked moving to kneel in front of him touching his face Aria felt the salve and looked to Ruby who nodded. She stood back up and moved to Lya " So she has been playing hard knock with Angus's face again?" she asked Ruby chuckled and nodded. Hearing he'd fought back Aria smiled "Good for you" she said s she heard Marcus explain what they had found out the day before.

Ruby sat quiet and then looked at Beau " Looks like the small boat will be fine" she said to him as Angus spoke to Marcus and Aria. When the mention of where to meet up was brought up and the Red Dog Diner was sugested Aria smiled .

"I agree it sounds perfect." she said then heard Lya and chuckled " wow sounds just like a place I would eat at." she chuckled and looked back at Marcus " since its your turn to pay big boy" she said and smacked his chest chukaling. Ruby smiled seeing Angus dressed as he was and could not help blush at how hansome he looked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:18 am

"Beau and I actually won," Angus laughed. "And they were really pissed about it."

"And that's because we were ridiculously outnumbered," Beau laughed. "There were like fifty of them and two of us. And we still won."

"Do we need to go obliviate them all?" Marcus teased.

"No, but I have a secret for you all. They're squibs--at least 75% of them are squibs," Beau said.

"Really?" Iya asked.

"Yup. We had a distinct advantage," Angus said. "And I am not beyond using whatever advantage I have in that situation."

"Good boy," Iya said. "Well, that is interesting. I wonder if that's significant that most of them are squibs. We need to keep that in mind."

"She's right. I said I'd buy today," Marcus said when Aria teased about him picking up the tab. "Lunch is on me, All." Angus cast a very quick, silent look at Ruby as if to say "I told you they'd be an item before morning."

"Since she knows we're here, I suggest you leave a protections charm on the houses," Iya said. "You don't want any surprises when you come back here later."

"We can do that," Angus said.

"And remember, if you do see her, do not approach her if you don't have to," Iya said. "Keep your distance and page the rest of us if you can."

"Understood," Marcus said. He got the keys out of his pocket. "Shall we go shopping again, Mrs. Smythe?"

"And we better go boating as soon as Iya and Beau get a chance to change," Angus said. Iya went to change and Beau packed up her things that she used last night that she would not be needing today.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top