A Birth day - Page 66
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 66 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 66 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:53 pm

Jack listened to them talking and could not falter Roberts's choice he wanted to get home shower in a hot shower and change into dry clothes. " I'm with you Robert, home sounds good," he said and glanced down at Tig standing next to him as he then moved slightly away from her " Does she ever make a sound?" he said to Lee jokingly to him. He moved around and picked up the empty cups and returned them on the tray back to the kitchen where he thanked the woman who had let him in her kitchen.

Ruby finished feeding Caprice and wiped her face clean looking at Abby she smiled seeing she had eaten everything in the bowl "Do you want a drink too?" she asked "Or do you want me to walk you home?" she asked with a smile. Hearing the others start to wake she chuckled "Sounds like the boys and girls are awake"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:12 am

"You ought to see her at karioke," Lee laughed. "She does a mean Tina Turner impression to Proud Mary." Robert looked at Lee, and then seeing he was serious, he looked at Tiggy, frowning. She shrugged, not denying it. "She's actually won three karioke championships for it."

"Four," Tiggy said.

"I'm not touching that one," Robert shook his head. "I'm going to go check on Angus to see if we can roust him awake just enough to port him home."

"Oh, Minister Lupin," Tiggy said, "I'll give you the tube of potion we used. A reveal spell will show you the formula in case he needs any more before I can bring some this afternoon."

"Thank you," Robert said, as she handed him the empty tube from her bag

"And I think Tig and I will head home so we can see you later. Thanks for the assist and some great coffee. We'll see you in a few hours," Lee said. Tiggy went over and took his arm, and they ported out.

Robert went to Angus and sat down on the edge of the bed and woke him. Angus woke with a start.

"Calm. You're safe," Robert said gently. "Feeling any better?"

"Some, yes," Angus said.

"Some discomfort still?"

"Compared with what I had, not so much. This is minor compared to what I had earlier. Are you sure it was just a spell?" Angus asked. Robert checked Angus for a moment.

"Well, that discomfort is not necessarily so little," Robert said. "That damned spell mocks a massive heart attack. No wonder you're rattled. That had to have scared the daylights out of you. I'll make you some more of the potion we gave you earlier once we get home to get rid of the rest of the discomfort, but it really is just the spell she cast. Actually, if she is capable of that sort of spell power, then we might be up against it this time trying to stop her. So here's my thought. I think we need to take you home and let you just rest a bit, and I'll bring you more potion just as soon as I can."

"Did you learn anything from Lee?"

"Quite a bit, actually. Now, listen to me, Lad. I do not want you, under any circumstances, to go after Suzanne or this woman or anyone else. I want you to sit your butt in your chair and stay there til I get you more potion. I don't care if Ruby needs to handcuff you to the chair. There's too much you don't know. I'll fill you in, but if you disobey me on this, I swear, I'll put you in a bug jar in my basement. You understand me?"

"Yeah, I hear you," Angus said.

"Jack," Robert called. "Get Marcus. Let's get the hell home, shall we?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:23 am

Jack chuckled at Lees's words and looked at Tig "That's an accomplishment." he said and smiled at Tig who walked over to Lee and took his arm as they ported away. Jack chuckled as he looked at Robert " agreed" he said "Im on my way" he said and moved to find Marcus.

Knocking on a door he opened it and was glad to finally see him " okay this is the third door i've knocked on, Angus is awake and Robert wants us to head back home" he said " hows Ruby doing?" he asked knowing he'd probably see her soon when they got back home. Turning he headed back to the main cabin and stood next to Angus and Robert " I can help him stand so we can port back" he said looking down at Angus " or I can carry him bridal style?"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:41 am

Marcus laughed when Jack said he'd knocked on three doors to find him.

"Sorry," Marcus said. "She's fine. She knows the truth, as much as I knew, but I might have minimized it just a little bit to keep from worrying her any further. Hopefully she remembers its just the effects of the spell when we get home with him. She's done well so far since getting back from Jeffrey's. I guess this might be one of the first tests she's had."

They walked back to where Angus and Robert was, and Angus heard Jack talk about carrying him over the threshold.

"You're going to carry me over the threshhold, and he's gonna put me in a bug jar," Angus said. "Marcus, you might need to rescue me from both of them." Marcus laughed out loud, and he helped Angus up, putting Angus' bad arm around his shoulder because for him to put his arm around Jack's shoulder meant Angus would have to reach for it.

"Let's go home," Robert said when they were all ready. In a moment, he had ported them home to the front porch of the duplex. Marcus opened the door.

"Honey, we're home," Marcus called to Ruby teasingly, intending to keep things light. "Where's breakfast?"

The teens seemed almost to freeze in their tracks, seeing Marcus and Jack bringing Angus in. Anise thought Angus looked rough, like he'd been through something awful.

"Stand down, Guys," Angus said. "It's fine. I'm okay. It just took the energy right out of me. You're going to work, and I'm going to sit here and spend a day of leisure while you lot go to work. That's the plan."

"You want some tea?" Ginger asked him.

"At this hour, he's going to want coffee," Anise said, knowing Angus's habits. "I'll get it."

"Don't fuss," Angus told them. "Just get ready for work, all of you." Marcus helped him to his chair. Angus looked to see Abbey standing in the living room with her little arms crossed, almost looking irked. "Abs?" he asked.

"Snaky woman hurted you," she scowled.

"What?" Robert looked at her. "Who did you say?"

"Snaky lady. She ugly. And she gots a big ugly snake."

"You saw her?" Robert asked. Abbey nodded.

"What else do you know? Do you know where she lives?"

"In the ground," she told Robert. "In a hole." Robert frowned. That didn't make any sense at all.

"I don't understand."

"She gots a box."

"Well, that cleared it right up," Robert said, intending for the adults to know it was sarcasm but he didn't want Abbey to know it was sarcasm.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:49 am

Jack chuckled and moved to help Angus taking his good arm so they could port back home which thanks to Robert they did quickly. Now at the duplex, he helped Marcus to move Angus inside. Ruby looked up and moved to set Angus's recliner up "You can put him in the recliner," she said as she headed to the kitchen to get everyone some coffee. Seeing the guys she chuckled but let Marcus and Robert talk to them as she pored a fresh pot of coffee and placed it on a tray to take over to where she now saw Angus and the others were ." here's some coffee for you guys and tea for Robert" she said handing a cup to Marcus, Jack and Angus and the cup of tea to Robert.

Hearing Abby she looked at her " maybe a crypt?" she said softly to Robert so only he could hear knowing she didn't need to scare the others with what had happened.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:04 am

"Well, now, that might make sense," Marcus said. "Especially if she wanted some of her followers to think she was the real Marie Laveau. Nice work, Ruby. If Abbey's right, she's got quite the con going on. There's a whole story here that we need to explain to you, Ruby."

"You and Jack read her in, and I'm going to get back and brew up a batch of Tiggy's potion. I'll either come over or send it over when I'm done," Robert said. He looked at Angus. "And you. Just remember--bug jar." He picked up the mug of tea that Ruby had just poured. "I'll bring the mug back. Thanks." He took the mug and went to the main building to brew the potion."

"Who's Tiggy..." Angus began. "Oh wait. That's that nine year old kid Lee had with him, isn't it?" Marcus began to laugh out loud.

"She's actually full grown," Marcus said.

"With a a full height of three foot, nothing? I don't think so," Angus said. Marcus laughed harder.

"She's 26," Marcus laughed. "And she's probably more like 4'9. She's a bit taller than three foot. And according to Lee she's a potions making genius. She made the potion that stopped that curse for you. Robert's going to make more for you to get rid of what little residual you still have."

"Roobee? Can I have red juice?" she asked.

"What sort of juice is that?" Marcus frowned.

"Oh, that's just a little thing I made for her on special occasions. I just mixed some cranberry juice with some regular lemon lime soda--just enough to give it some sweetness and some fizz. And I put it in her cup with some ice," Angus said. "She calls it red juice. I never did have a name for it."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:12 am

Ruby nodded to Robert and looked back at Marcus and Jack. She could see Jack nod as Robert left them taking the tea with him "It's okay it's one of Kates's mugs anyway" she said and chuckled as she watched him leave. Hearing Abby she looked to Angus who explained and smiled "Of course you can" she said and moved to make her a cup. returning a moment later she handed Abby the cup.

Sitting down she looked at Marcus and Jack and waited " So this woman is after Angus, no let me guess from what Marcus told me earlier, more like my mother has hired her to take Angus out, am I right, or in the ball park?" she asked looking at them both then to Angus.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:25 am

"Sanks!" Abbey said. She climbed up in the chair on Angus's lap, not liking that Angus had been hurt. She just wanted to cuddle and drink her juice. "She no hurt you no more. Cris and I put our furs on and bite her. Then she no come back no more." Angus smiled and kissed the top of her head. "I appreciate that, Abs."

"Well, you basically have it right," Marcus said. "Apparently Angus saw a woman in his dream and it was she who broke through the protection spell Kate had around Angus. That's what woke him up," Marcus said. "We went to Paris to try to find out what her link was to Suzanne, and we ran into Lee and his people. It turns out this particular witch has started impersonating a famous American voodoo priestess from the 1800's, and even calling herself the same name--Marie Laveau. And, she's been killing both wizards and muggles. Lee believes she's been trying some of her potions and spells on muggles that she's kidnapped, like lab rats, and then tries them again on wizards that she takes. Lee wasn't sure what she was using them for, but I think Robert thinks she's doing it to try to fill some demand of Suzanne's. They think this woman is in it for the money, and we all know what Suzanne is doing. The spell this woman used on Angus is one that Robert thinks is used simply to intimidate and frighten and control. It causes the victim to go through the symptoms of a massive heart attack. That's what she cast on Angus. He has a bit of residual pain but compared to what he felt earlier, he's dramatically better. This Tiggy woman of Lee's has already made a potion to cure the effects of the spell, and she gave Angus what she had with her. That's what Robert has gone to make more of."

"Lee is coming back here at lunch time for a meeting with everyone to make some sort of plan. He needs our help," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:32 am

Ruby smiled seeing Abby climb up on Angus's knee, she lent forward and helped her climb up then chuckled hearing Abby say she and Chris would bite the bad woman if she came to the duplex. Now she heard Marcus talk and explain the full thing of what happened and she nodded " I guessed as much and its a good thing she had the cure" she said then looked at them " and you say shes part of Lee's group?" she said knowing she must be good if she was with Lee.

Hearing that Lee was coming to the duplex for lunch Ruby thought she should get it started " I should think about what to make , something light for you though Angus as we don't know how that potion will fare" she added " thanks guys for looking after him" she said then looked at Angus " I wish Robert could put her in one of his jars perminatly"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:41 am

"The meeting is going to be in the main house, so you don't have to cook. Robert will let Zoe and Nicky do that. He told us he has a job for you and me. He told Angus he wants him to just rest for a bit this morning and that it was our job to keep Angus from going after either your mother or that creole woman because if he tries it, Robert said he was going to put Angus in one of his bug jars."

"I take your jar to my room, Aggie," Abbey said. "It be okay."

"You wouldn't let me out?" Angus frowned at her. She frowned right back at him.

"Noooo. Pip eat buggies. No want him eat you," she said. Marcus laughed.

"Well, thank you for making sure Pip doesn't eat me," Angus laughed.

"I think I'm going to get a piece of fruit or something. We missed breakfast," Marcus said. "You want something, Angus?"

"Whatever you're having," Angus said. "That's fine. Don't go to any trouble."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top