A Birth day - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 34 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:49 pm

Jessie heard Angus mention the fish and dipped his broom downward " Im on it" he said and headed to the back door , placing his broom and Angus's at the door he walked quickly inside and over to the walk in " just after a fish" he said looking around the room. Feeling a tap on his shoulder he turned and smiled seeing a pike in fromt of him being held by the cook " thanks" he said and chuckled as he took off to wards the barn opening the stall and barn doors befor standing in the corral and holding up the pike. " Hey swift this is all for you, come and get it." he called out.

Jess staid with Angus and laughed at his words " yes I remember the day she brought him home " she said as she now saw Jessie stood holding the large fish in the air for Swift " hes got it steer him down so he can see it." she suggested to Angus " the barn doors are open f he could loor him inside I can come from behind and close the doors ." she said
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:23 pm

When Swift saw the fish he made a dive for it, but Angus had expected that, if things went well, the beast would want the fish, so he was relatively prepared for Swift to take off to go get it. If he hadn't been, Swift would have thrown him straight off. Swift landed right in front of Jessie and snatched the fish from him.

"Nice job, All. Now that he's on the ground, let's get a leash on him for now," Angus ordered. A couple of the grounds crew brought a long length of chain and fastened a chain collar around Swift's neck and attached the longer chain to it. They were familiar with it and so was Swift. It allowed him to roam the corral or go into the barn. It merely prohibited him from flying off. Once Swift was secure, Angus dismounted. "If you get a chance, would you groom him after he eats?" Angus asked them. "If he's groomed well and has a full stomach, he'll probably just nap." The ground crew agreed to handle it.

"Could I learn how to do it?" Ginger asked.

"Sure," Angus said. "It's got the body of a horse, so part of the job is the same as grooming a horse. The crew can show you how to do that. Don't try to muck with the talons on the front or the hooves on the back. Kate knows how to groom the talons, and we have a farrier who comes and grooms the hooves. The ground crew can show you how to take the garden hose and mist down his feathers. That will help him get those back in shape. Be respectful to him, and I'm sure you'll do fine."

He looked at the others and smiled.

"You guys were great. Thanks," Angus said. "I'm going to take a look around and see if I can figure out what irked him. Sometimes there's a reason, and sometimes there just isn't." He walked through the barn, and saw absolutely nothing, and then he heard Sam let out a bit of a warhoop, alarmed by something. Angus went outside and found Sam near the water trough.

"What?" Angus asked.

"I'm not doing it," Sam said, holding a bucket of water with one hand, and pointing at the trough with his other hand. Angus walked over to the trough, and he saw an nest of adders near one end of the trough.

"Ah. Well, yes. That's a problem. I would wager that's what has him all torqued off. Jessie," Angus called, "we need to get whichever crew members who are good at snake wrangling to get this buggars. We need to get them moved off and maybe take them to the farthest sectors where they can do their thing away from us or away from Fenrir's pack."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:49 pm

Jesie stepped back slightly as Swift landed in front of him and then took the fish he chuckled as swift ate it almost in one go. Patting swift gently he watched as Ginger asked to groom swift. He walked to a shelf and took down a soft brush " watch me" he said and began grooming her from top to bottom " he said after he had done it a few times he handed her the brush . It was now he heard Sam cry out and was puzzled. Walking over he looked in the water Trough and smiled " ah okay I'll take care of them Angus" he said and grabbed a potato sack taking each by the back of the head so tehy would not bite him he placed them into the sake which he passed over to a grounds man " take them to a beter place than hre" he said and looked to Sam " by the way, you scream like a girl." he said and chukled
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:03 pm

"I don't do snakes," Sam scowled at Jessie. Angus couldn't hide a laugh, as much as he wanted to.

"You lot coming home for lunch?" Angus asked Sam and Ginger.

"We didn't have time to pack anything, so if you're cooking, absolutely," Sam said.

"It'll be ready when you are," Angus said.

"You do know that we're about twenty minutes from noon, right?" One of the grounds crew asked Angus, amused.

"I'll have it," Angus said. he turned and went back home to finish putting the final touches on lunch. He put together the coronation chicken sandwiches, got out the great big salad Yulong had made, and the cookies that they'd bought from Lizzie. He set out a platter of sandwiches, the salad, some salad bowls, cutlery, the cookies and some glasses of fresh limeade.

It was just about that time when Anise and Victor came in, and Anise was covered in grass and hedge clippings.

"How's the hedge trimming going?" Angus asked her.

"How'd you know?" Anise asked.

"Because you brought half the yard in with you," Victor teased her.

"And what's your job today?" Angus asked Victor.

"Flowerbed weeding."

"Yeah, but Kate's gonna kill him. He's pulling up some of her flowers too. Doesn't know a flower from a weed, that one," Anise said.

"You'd better learn fast, then," Angus said. "Anise is right. She's not going to like that."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:20 pm

Jessie chuckled and looked at Angus and shook his head " all right" he said and headed to Swift stroking his neck as he spoke " all the nasty danger noodles are gone swift, theres nothing but water in it now." he said softly to him as Sam filled the trough with water. Jessie saw Angus head back to the duplex and he saew Yu with Cris walking to the cabin and smiled.

Jess watched Angus and chuckled at sams reaction " don't worry you'll get use to them eventually." she told Sam " just go and enjoy your lunch, you too Jessie Im sure the grounds men can put Swift away for you, Ginger you okay with grooming?" she asked , becuse you can head in for lunch sine you did a great job and I think he likes you." she said " in his own cranky way" she chuckled as she saw Swift nod his head in agree ment.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:36 pm

"it's great," Ginger said to Jess with a smile. Any chance to be with an animal felt to Ginger like it was in her wheelhouse. "I like him too. I think he's amazing. I am glad it's lunch time though. I'm starving. Come on, Sam. Let's go."

They headed for home as Kate brought Cris from the art studio. She noticed the weeding that had been done on the flowerbed outside the studio. She saw the pile of weeds and flowers and scowled. When she came in to Angus's with Cris, she looked at the kids to try to determine which one had mauled her flowers. Anise silently pointed at Victor, not wanting to see what Kate's wrath looked like.

"You," Kate said to Victor. "Come with me. Now." Victor scowled at Anise, unhappy that she had outed him to Kate. He followed her silently over to the art studio. "Now, look," she told him. She pointed to a weed. "That is a weed. Yours. Take care of it. This pretty pink bloom beside it. Flower. Mine. No touchy. Got it? All these blooms in your weed pile? Mine. Flowers. You're going to put them back straight after lunch and then no touchy. No touchy the pretty blooms. Understand me? And then, you're going to read a book on horticulture so you know the difference between a flower and a weed. That's how you learn. Next time you touchy touchy my blooms, I'll set you flat on your bum, and who knows, I just might plant you. Now--go eat your lunch, and when you're finished, come straight back here and set it right."

"Yes, Ma'am," he nodded. He stood frozen for a moment, and then she waved him off. He turned and dashed back to the duplex and went inside.

"You survived, I see," Angus said, as Victor sat back down at the table.

"A lăsat buruienile și a smuls florile," Cris said. "Mi-a spus că va învăța sau îl va transforma într-o buruiană. Angus laughed.

"Și ar putea să o facă și ea," Angus laughed. "Cris said that Kate told him you were going to learn the difference between a flower and a weed or she'd turn you into a weed. Is that what she told you?"

"Not yet. Said I have to read a book on flowers and weeds, though," Victor said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:08 am

Yu walked with Cria into the duplex while he helped with lunch for the others and Cris he set out the table and watched as Kate entered and she and Victor left only for him to return looking like child that had been scolded he smiled at Angus as he heard Cris talk then chuckled at what he'd said. " I think I have a book my mother gave me you can borrow" he said " shes great at growing food and things, she tried to teach me but I just could not tell the difference betwen a weed and a plant." he said placing down a large jug of mixed fruit juice and the bowl of salad from the fridge.

Jessie walked over to the duplex and over to Cris smiling as he held open his arms for Cris who ran to him and hugged him making Yu smile braodly at seeing it " some one is happy to see Jessie" he said placing down some glasses on the table
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:28 am

Angus just smiled when Cris was glad to see Jessie. He was glad to see Cris bonding well.

"I told him I could teach him the most common ones," Anise said, "but he was sure he could tell the difference."

"It isn't always easy," Angus said. "Sometimes weeds have blooms and sometimes valuable plants don't. You have to learn to recognize them."

"Yeah, well, I don't want to weed anymore," Victor said, as Ginger and Sam arrived for lunch.

"You're entitled to feel that way. No matter what job you have, sometimes it just isn't fun," Angus said. "Tuck into your lunch, and relax a bit. You're entitled to a proper lunch hour, so take the full hour. Get your food, and then once you're finished eating, take some time and relax a bit before you have to go back." Angus certainly understood what it was to have a bad morning at work, and he knew that, for now, while the kids were so new at working any sort of job, his role needed to be simply supportive, helping them get the skills to deal with the stressors of holding a job. "You know, you could plan to do something fun this evening, something you'd look forward to. That always helps me lift my spirits if the day is particularly hard."

"Fun?" Victor just looked at him blankly, like he couldn't remember what fun was.

"Yeah, remember, there's that band playing tonight at the Three Broomsticks," Sam said. "We thought about the four of us going. So maybe we should go."

"Could we?" Anise looked at Angus.

"Thank you for asking," Angus said, as a gentle means of reminding them that they were all four still underage. "Yes, you can go if you like, but I think you should be home by eleven at the absolute latest since you have to be up so early. I think eleven is entirely late enough for a work night when none of the four of you is used to working. And--I'd better be able to go to the Three Broomsticks and find you all there--without side trips, unless you let me know where you're going. If you can't do that, then, believe me, I can find ways to keep you from apparating out anywhere. Are we clear?" They nodded.

"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:40 am

Yu looked at Victor and smiled " its certanly not easy, but with the right thoughts you could make it fun" he said accioing the book he mentioned. Walking over he showed him the book where in its margins sat little doodles of animals " I turned very plant into an annimal to rember them, its like the saying about leaves of three leave them be, but I forget what plant that was for." he said turing to show him an image of Venomous Tentacula along sie it he'd drawn a snake with large teeth.

Placing down the last plate he bid everyone a good lunch and he ahd Jessie took Caris back to the cabin to eat their lunch of Singapore noodles with prawns then some home made strawberry ice cream for afters.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:02 pm

"Good idea," Victor said, looking at how Yu had managed to make horticulture fun and memorable. "Thanks. I'll take good care of the book and give it back to you as soon as I'm finished with it."

When lunch was over, the kids went back to work, and Angus thought Victor seemed to look better about the whole weeding issue. That left Angus by himself for the entire afternoon, so he took advantage of it, went to Tuscany, and he and Evan did some nude sunbathing on Angus's balcony, drinking some of Edward's icy cold Italian beer with some wedges of fresh lime. Evan had never had beer served with lime, but he instantly became a fan of it once Angus had introduced him to it.

Evan asked Angus how he got so muscled and how he kept it, and Angus told him honestly that it was because he exercised every morning when he wasn't on the disabled list. Evan was still planning on going to Colorado for training, and Angus told him he felt sure that the trainer there would get Evan on an exercise routine that was appropriate for him.

That discussion rather led Angus to talk to Evan about his time underwater yesterday, and Evan talked about how grateful he was that he could see open sky today. He confessed that he had slept outside on his terrace last night so that he could stare up at the stars and appreciate not being confined in any way overnight. Angus reassured him that he understood that feeling and that it would surely pass in time.

Evan suggested that, during their family week, they should all spend one night sleeping out in the open, under the stars. Angus liked the idea, and he felt sure he would not be the only one that would like the idea. In fact, they spent part of the afternoon talking about a number of activities for all ages--like perhaps a frog jumping contest for the kids, maybe an owl flying contest for the adults, maybe some foot races for those who could run if things were evened out. It was no secret that the humans would need a head start on the werewolves just to even the playing field. And then there were always magic contests like dueling, transfiguration contests, and maybe a charms contest. Angus suggested a cooking contest, but Evan didn't feel it would be fair since Angus was the only certified chef, unless Angus was the judge.

When the afternoon started to wane away, Angus and Evan showered and changed. Angus invited Evan, Tara and the girls to come for supper. Evan hadn't had more than a meal or two that Angus had cooked, but he was glad to accept the invitation.

So, all five of them arrived back at the duplex at about four that afternoon, with Angus and Evan sporting evidence of an afternoon spent in the Tuscan sun. Angus decided to do supper on the grill. He put on a number of flat iron steaks, some barbequed chicken, some grilled mexican style street corn, and then he grilled an assorted mixture of vegetables and tossed them together with fresh herbs and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. He used yellow squash, zucchini, bell peppers, sweet onions, carrots, portabello mushroom slices, and tomatoes. For dessert, he cleaned the surface of the grill, grilled some fresh pound cake, some plums and peaches, and decided he would them over the pound cake, with some vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of honey.

He was just setting the pound cake and fruit under some cloaches to keep dessert warm when the kids all dragged home from work and Edward and Simone arrived with Caprice. Simone had all sorts of packages from some of the better baby shops, and Edward had Caprice. She was dressed in a little summer romper, and she had just the very slightest pinkish tinge of some sun on her skin. She seemed happy. Simone had bought a small glass of lemonade, and she had diluted it quite a lot and had given it to her in a bottle, and it seemed to be something Caprice quite liked. She had been fed her supper, and as everyone settled in to eat, Simone put Caprice in the shade on the deck on a play mat with some toys.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top