A Birth day - Page 58
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 58 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 58 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 58 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:27 pm

Ruby and Jessie both wtched and marveled at Chris as he added details to the cookies with teh edible pens " wow there some team there" Jessie said chukaling as he watched " well I got to get backIwas on a short break" he said then stood up and headed to the door " I'll be back later " he said and Ruby chuckled as he left.

" seems those pens are a hit" she said to Angus as she took out a second tray of cookies " but I do think we over did the cookies" it was now she rembered Jack and chuckled again " nope not with Jack around this is the right amount" she added placing them on a cooling wire to cool ready for them to ice and color, " wow Abby that cat looks super cool" Ruby said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:54 pm

"You're also forgetting that we have not just one teenager, we have four. Cookies do not go to waste around any teenager," Angus said. As they were working, Nigel came over to check on Angus's shoulder, and Angus was surprised to see that he actually had Robert with him.

"Papa!" Abbey leaped off her chair and ran over to Robert, and Robert gave her a hug. "You better, Papa?"

"Getting there," he smiled as Nigel picked her up so that Robert could give her a kiss. "Sorry, Abbey. Give me another day or two, and I'll be able to pick you up again," Robert said, as Nigel put her back down. She ran to the table, picked up two cookies and took them over to Robert, giving one to Robert and one to Nigel. "Those are great looking. You've missed cooking, haven't you?" She nodded.

"We came to check on your shoulder, if we can pry you away from your cookies for a moment," Nigel said.

"They're doing fine on their own," Angus said. "They really don't need me anyway." He took off his tee shirt, and Nigel and Robert noticed straight off that Angus had a massive bruise covering most of his shoulder in the exact shape of a pipe wrench. It was coal black.

"Jesus," Robert frowned.

"Meh," Angus said. "She was aiming for my head."

"She was clearly using more force against you than she directed at me," Robert said. "Although I'm not sure why."

"She was already pissed with me," Angus said.

"If she'd have actually made contact with your head, she'd have killed you instantly," Robert said, checking Angus's shoulder for himself. "I wouldn't do any lifting with that arm if you can help it. There's a greenstick in your collarbone that I don't want you damaging further, and there's certainly fresh tissue damage. Did you think to ice it?"

"I didn't, but Marcus did. He put a magic wrap on it when we got home," Angus said.

"Good man," Robert said. "So, I hear you're going to the beach today? You might find you need some pain potion if you move it much and overuse it. Don't push it today, will you? It should have been worse than it is, but you were lucky."

"No, I was quick," Angus said.

"Well, yes, You do have an advantage there that she doesn't know about, and it served you well. Thank you. Thanks to you all for getting me out of there. I just took it for granted that they had disarmed her, but they did not count on her ingenuity. She evidently was quite the busy little beaver and made herself a shiv and used one edge of it as a screwdriver to get the vent cover off. The tools were in the machine room. They've been removed now, and Michael put some additional security charms on the vents so that the covers cannot be removed except by him, or Jess, Khaat or me for the time being. Michael is going to do a much better walk through to try to help us improve safety and security on that floor."

"I'm just glad you're alright," Angus said, as Robert applied some additional healing spells to Angus's shoulder.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:01 pm

Ruby smiled seeing Abby run over to Robert as he entered " its good to see you up on your feet" she said staying with Chris as she saw Nigel pick up Abby so she could hug Robert. When she ran back and picked up two cookies Ruby chuckled and watched her give them one each " chris and Abby have quite the production line going with decorating them" she said then looked up to see Angus shirtless , even with the dark bruise on his shoulder to her he made quite the sight and she could not help smile at the sight.

Hearing pain potion mentioned she broght her self back to reality " I'll make sure I have a small bottle in my pocket in case he needs it" she said standing and walking to the medicin cabinet they keep on the wall in Angus office , taking out a small bottle of pain potion she slippd it into her pocket. Walking abck she smiled " would the two of you are for some tea, its one of yours Robert a chamomile and orage blend" she said turning on the kettle and preping the tea pot.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:23 pm

"We could stay a few minutes," Robert said. He finished with Angus's shoulder for now and went and sat down in the living room area. Nigel made a brief check of the shoulder for himself, not saying anything in addition to what Robert had said. Angus put his t shirt back on, and Marcus came down from upstairs after packing his swim trunks and a change of clothes himself.

"Good to see you, Robert," Marcus said. "I am sorry about Evelyn, really..."

"You warned us," Robert said. "Some of the staff apparently didn't either get the memo or they didn't take me seriously. Anyway, that's my problem to resolve, not yours. Any idea where the aurors took her? I haven't tried to trace her yet today."

"Azkaban temporarily," Marcus said. "I'm making arrangements with Jeffrey to send her there to his new lock down unit for dangerous patients he just constructed. We're discussing the possibility of a long term commitment. We both think it might be in everyone's best interests. He says that, in the long term, he has some attorneys that do take on guardianship of such patients, and he has been known from time to time to take on a couple himself. He wants to assess her for himself before he makes any recommendations."

"I think Jeffrey's place is a wise move on your part, and I'd certainly support just about any recommendation for her that he has," Robert said. "Oh, and so you know, now with this little handicap, Nigel thinks its best if I not try to run the survival course in Colorado next week. So, Michael is going to run it with Kate's help. Since they both can handle it and the survival cooking, it lets you off the hook this year unless you particularly want to go. I'd personally rather you didn't this year because of the new damage to your shoulder. You could go in the fall if you're particularly aching to go."

"Actually, that suits me just fine," Angus laughed. "I think it will be good for our kids to work with someone else other than Ruby and me."

"Don't sell them short," Robert said. "Michael has deliberately put Anise on helping Zoe to fix lunch in the main house every day, and she's learning. Zoe has taught her how to properly hold a chef's knife and how to prep fruit and vegetables."

"I didn't know that," Angus frowned.

"Yes, indeed, and he brings the boys in, in the afternoon to help Nicky. He brings Sam in one day and Victor the next. Michael believes they need to know how to at least put a meal together for themselves, and I think he's right. Ginger is the one who wants to learn, but she already knows how."

"Then we might be able to put them on some culinary duties here from time to time," Angus said. "At this point, I'm sure Abbey can outdo them in the kitchen."

"I'm sure she can," Robert said. "Abbey knows how to make a sandwich and how to clean fruit and vegetables. At three, she could cook herself a little meal if she had to."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:16 am

Ruby smiled and nodded to Robert when he suggested they wait to go out doors until the following year. " I think that a good idea, give you and your shoulder time to heal." she said softly to him. " and I'm sure the guys and girls will love having a weekend away from us," she said knowing when she was young she would have done anything to be away from her parents, being as they were.

Ruby walked over with a tray with three cups on it. stopping at a table she pored out three cups handing one to each of them "Enjoy" she said smiling as she moved back to Chris and Abby who were ready to decorate the next batch of Cookies.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:28 am

"If they do the full training, they'll be in Colorado for a full two weeks," Robert said, "but they'll return ready to go on missions with the rest of the team--all four of them. You'll have a hard decision to make--whether to let them go or not since they're all still underage."

"That depends on what skills they can show me when they return and whether or not they really understand what they're getting into," Angus said. "I want them to have some realistic expectations."

"And you know I won't recommend them unless I think they're ready," Robert told him. "While I'm here. How is Cris doing?"

"Well, Jessie can answer that better than I," Angus said. "He's afraid of the full moon tonight, and he's asked me to go outside with him tonight. He's afraid he might hurt Jessie or Yulong. So we're planning a bone fire with s'mores and some positive things to help him break the fear of being out in the moonlight."

"He has a right to be afraid of that," Robert said. "It was Remus's boggart. He feared that more than anything else--especially after he married Tonks and they had Teddy. Cris may never lose that altogether, but I hope he learns to have a healthy respect of it and not a downright hard terror of it. Still, you lot have a good plan to show him some unconditional support. That's probably the best thing you can do for him--and its the one thing his own family didn't provide."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:35 am

Ruby sat and listened to Robert and listened to Angus she nodded " I agree with Angus sometimes you have to let go for them to find their feet, can't mother them all the time" she said and looked where Caprice sat swinging her stuffed rabbit and chuckling to her self. Jessie moved from watching Chris and Abby over to where Robert sat he listened to him talk and nodded.

"Angus again is right, we'll all be there for him tonight," he said smiling " Yu's bringing the chocolate to dip the smores in," he said and smiled as he glanced back at Chris who was nose down drawing on a cookie with Abby.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:56 am

Robert sipped on his tea and leaned back,his head aching. Nigel reached over and cast a pain relief spell to take away some of the pounding that Robert was feeling.

"We should go back and let you rest," Nigel said quietly.

"I'm alright," Robert said.

"Yes, but you've had enough. Let me take you back to your room for a bit," Nigel said.

"In a little. I need a moment without my head pounding," Robert said. A moment later, and he had slipped into a deep, sound sleep.

"Sorry," Nigel told Angus and Ruby. "He's going to do that for a few days. It's normal for the severity of the head injury he has."

"He's welcome here any time for whatever he needs. If he can sleep, just leave him be," Angus said.

"He could sleep a few hours, you know."

"That's fine," Angus said. "You're welcome to stay or if you want to go back to the main house, I'll bring him back if he wakes and wants to go back."

"I actually have to go back and finish a nausea potion I started for him. He out of it here, and he can't get any from St. Mungo's. Something about a helper named Earl."

"Oh. Earl," Marcus said ominously. "I know about Earl."

"What's wrong with Earl?" Angus asked.

"Earl is an enthusiastic employee who always seems to try his best," Marcus said, "but the poor bloke has been transferred out of four other departments already that he has no aptitude for. And just a couple days ago, Earl not only blew up the stores of the potions that the hospital had but in trying to help to re-brew some, he tainted a huge batch of wolfsbane by accidently stirring the cauldron with a large silver spoon."

"Oh, god," Angus sighed, knowing that werewolves could not bear silver. "Earl's needs a nanny."

"Earl needs to not work in Potions, apparently," Nigel frowned. "Who put him in potions?"

"Robert doesn't know, but he plans on giving him a fair chance before transferring him to department number six," Marcus said.

"And that's why I"m brewing the potion myself," Nigel said.

"We'll watch him. You go brew your potion," Marcus said.

"if you're sure you don't mind," Nigel said.

"Positive," Angus said.

"Thank you. I'll be back shortly," Nigel got up and left to go finish the potion before it burned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:16 am

Ruby and Jessie chuckled at the earl story and why Robert and Nigel were brewing their potions. Ruby walked over to Angus with a light blanket to place on Robert to keep him warm "I agree, he's welcome here anytime, even just to sleep" she said softly s eh draped the blanket over Robert. " but that earl defintaly sounds like a potionseers nightmare" she said with a soft chuckle.

Moving to sit with Angus she spoke sftly again " their almost done with the cokies " she said looking at Abby and Chris " Im thinking of a nice box they can decorate and put them in." Gathering all the cups she placed them back on the tray and headed back to the kitchen to wash them and put them back.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:32 am

"Good idea," Angus said. He heard some noises over at Edwards, and he walked over to see that Edward and Simone had apparently been out, and they were arriving back, with a stack of packages.

"Someone's been shopping," Angus laughed.

"A grandfather's prerogative," Edward said. "Evan's girls are starting some advanced flying lessons next month, and their student brooms are not nearly going to be good enough anymore. So, Simone and I bought them some better brooms and some new potions supplies. They've been using Evan's and Tara's old cauldrons and such. So we've bought them quite a lot of new equipment. I think they're going to like these. I know it isn't as fun as new clothes and makeup and such, but if it gives them better grades in their private studies, then it will all be worth it. Now, we just need to get a chance to go take them to them."

"We're going to use the beach this afternoon," Angus said. "We could take them for you, but I could use a favor. Robert came over to check on my shoulder, but he's asleep on the sofa. If you could just stay with him til Nigel gets back, that would be great."

"Of course. I'm surprised he's out of bed at all," Edward said. "Sounds like a fair enough trade to me. You take the school supplies, and we'll take care of Robert."

"We'll be back in time for supper. We're taking Cris and Abbey, but our teens are going out for supper," Angus told him.

"I'll cook the supper for the rest of us, then," Simone said. "So it'll be the four of us, then? What about Jessie and Yu and Cris? They're welcome to eat with us, you know."

"I'll tell them. Thanks," Angus said. He went back to his side. "Edward and Simone bought some new school supplies for Faith and Evie and asked if we'd take them to them, and in return, they'll look after Robert and they'll cook supper, and Jessie, if you and Yu and Cris want to eat with us when we get back, you're certainly welcome."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top