A Birth day - Page 44
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 44 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 44 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:38 pm

Ruby picked up Caprice and took her up to change her finding a damp patch on her trousers. Once changed she returned and smiled at Angus when he spoke of Voctor and Sam " They should be back any time now" she said placing Caprice on the floor mat to play. She looked at Enrico and Lena " he's right, have dinner with us" she said smiling at them.

Jessie walked over as Cris ran inside the duplex after being with Kate in her studio, in his hand was a drawing he'd done of Sam, Victor and the girls along with Ruby and Angus. Seeing Angus he ran over to him and showed him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:15 pm

"They'll all be back around five," Angus told her, laying out the ingredients he needed for supper on the counter as Cris ran in and dashed over to him with his latest drawing. Angus could see he was getting much better with doing human faces and with hands. He praised Cris for his hard work, for how good the drawing was and how fast he was learning new things. Cris asked what Angus was cooking and Angus told him without getting into the fancy French names. Cris asked if he could help. Angus asked him if he knew anything about helping in the kitchen and Cris said he knew a little.

Angus got out some mise en place bowls, and then he told Cris several things to measure out and put in the little bowls for him. Cris was able to wash the potatoes and mushrooms and carrots for Angus too without any problems. Cris asked if he could peel the potatoes, and Angus asked if he knew how to handle a knife, and Cris rolled his eyes at Angus. Angus laughed and opened the knife drawer and asked Cris what knife he'd used before, and Cris pointed to Angus's paring knife. Angus nodded, put a colander full of potatoes on the table, got out a clean bowl, piece of old newspaper and laid it down, and made Cris a work station on the table. He had Cris sit at the table and then he got out the knife and handed it to him and watched him peel the potatoes as if he had done that on a daily basis. He peeled one of the potatoes, cut the eyes out of it, and set it in the clean bowl. Angus praised him and got to work trimming some large pieces of beef.

As Cris was working, he was telling Angus that the full moon was coming, and Cris was frightened. He didn't want to be at Jessie's and Yulong's over the full moon, but he didn't know where he wanted to be. Angus laid down his boning knife and went over and sat down at the table with Cris, sensing this was a serious concern for the little boy. Cris didn't look at Angus, looking down at the potatoes, but he talked about his fear that he would hurt somebody like he had hurt Sergio's son. Angus asked him if he had mentioned this to Yu or Jessie, and Cris shook his head, saying that he didn't have the words to tell them but even if he had, he didn't think they'd really get it since they were grownups. It was one thing to be a grownup werewolf. It was quite another to be a child and a werewolf. Angus reassured Cris that the fear of hurting someone he loved was normal for every werewolf, regardless of age, and he explained again that the wolfsbane was to prevent that from happening. Cris believed he needed to find someplace outside, someplace to hide, on the night of the full moon. He was positive he didn't want Jessie or Jack or the girls there because they were already werewolves and all they'd do is kill each other. Angus told him that he needed to talk to Jessie and Yu, but he was sure they weren't afraid of his werewolf side. Then Cris asked Angus if he was afraid of his werewolf side, and Angus told him quite firmly that he was absolutely not afraid. Cris said he had seen how fast Angus could be, and asked if he would stay outside with him overnight on the night of the full moon, promising to leave when Cris changed form. Angus could see Cris didn't trust that the potion would keep him safe. Angus promised him that he would not be alone over the full moon.

"You and I need to talk for a moment--after I get supper cooking, Jessie," Angus told him quietly, going back to the counter to finish trimming his beef so he could get it in the oven to roast. Angus understood Cris perhaps too well because he himself had been a kid that had lost his own parents and his siblings, even though it was for different reasons. "He knows we're coming up on the full moon, his first since he lost everything he ever knew, and he's afraid. I get it, and I know you get it. He's not sure he wants to be indoors that night because he doesn't trust the potion and doesn't want to lose his new home or his new parents. He knows you sort of get it because you have the same illness, but he's not sure you get what its like to be a seven year old werewolf. He thinks that makes it different for him. I have a couple ideas about how we might limp him through this successfully because this is actually more about the lack of trust he has in himself than it is about whether he trusts you or Yulong. Let me get finish getting my beef and potatoes and vegetables in the oven, and then I'll have more time to talk."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:49 pm

Ruby heard Angus and glanced up at the clock that hung in the kitchen she chuckled as she spoke " oh right , thats still a few hours away" she said then saw Chris dash in and over to Angus with enthusiasum. Jessie followed soon after.

Jessie heard Angus and nodded " sure" he said then heard him say h would be over once he finished cooking and moved to sit and wait. Now with Angus finished he waitied for him to explain and Jessie relaxed as he did." I'll be with him too, I want to show him that the potion works not just for him too and what ever you think will help Im all for it." he said softly looking over where Chris was stood
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:43 pm

"Well, he trusts you, and I honestly don't get the sense that he doubts whether the potion works for you," Angus said. "I think this is entirely about his own fear about this uncontrollable canine that lives inside him. I think it really traumatized him that not only did he lose his entire family, his home, everything he owned, his village, and his whole country, but he almost killed his friend. I might have it all wrong, but I get the impression that he thinks that because he's a kid, it's different somehow and that when the full moon comes again, he's going to become the monster again and hurt someone he loves enough that he's going to lose the new home and the new family he has. I don't exactly know why he thinks the potions works for you and isn't going to work for him, but I'm sure its some sort of kid logic somehow.

"He made mention that he's seen that I can move really fast. I think that was why he asked if I'd be outside with him. I don't think he really wants to be alone, but he hopes that if he transforms I can run really fast to get away from him," Angus grinned. "As I see it, I think we should maybe plan on doing some hot dogs and s'mores out at the fire ring that night, keep it friendly, and let him see for himself that he can be outside with the potion and not hurt anyone."

"Ce facem la desert" Cris looked at Angus. Angus laughed and shrugged.

"Ce ai dori?" Angus asked.

"Budincă de orez cu piersici," Cris said.

"Okay." He looked at Jessie. "He just asked me if I would make a version of an apple rice pudding that is traditional for Romanians, but he's used to having it with peaches instead of apples. So I'll make it with peaches. It's not hard. Evidently, he's getting hungry. Supper is going to be a little bit so I might give him a cookie to tide him over."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:53 pm

jesie listened to Angus and nodded " makes sense and sure like a camp out for the night, sounds good" he said smiling as he saw Chris walk over to them and speack to Angus. With Angus translating he chuckled and nodded " sounds delishious and filling" he said " okay you do that and I'll get Yu and I to gather the things for the smores" he said then paused as he looked from Chris to Angus as he spoke about how kid lodgic was a dn nodded " yeah but together we can show him hes no diferent to myself or Jack, so everything will be okay." he paused and smiled at Chrs " and he has a family in us, as for a country and identity Roberts working on that I guess."

Ruby heard the men talking and looked to Simone " its truly sad about chris losing his family but to Jessie I see hes a son already, Im sure they will show him hes wanted and love here." she said to her " you decided on when we will go shopping again?" she asked casualy to her as she gave Caprice some cool teething keys to chew on.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:16 pm

"Jessie," Angus laughed. "Its not a full moon tonight, and besides, it's still raining. Not a good night for s'mores. I don't know that Robert's going to be able to get Cris's paperwork sorted until you lot pick out a new name for him, remember? He has to have a new identity first. That name thing is holding up the whole works. He's old enough now that the three of you could discuss it and pick a new name together."

"I hadn't thought about it, but I still want to get some fruit to make some different sorts of applesauce for the baby. Maybe if things ease up for a day or so, we could go tomorrow or the next day," Simone smiled.

As she was speaking Robert arrived, and when he saw Lena and Enrico there, he looked at Simone.

"Is this..." he began.

"Yes. Let me introduce you," Simone said. "Lena and Enrico, this is the big boss on this estate, Robert Lupin. He's also the deputy minister of magic here."

"Nice to meet you," Enrico said, standing and going to shake hands with Robert. Lena did the same.

"I'm here because I've just had a good conversation with Zafir, and I have something for you," he took out some folded papers from his pocket and handed them to them. They looked at the forms and then looked at Robert wide eyed.

"You got him to sell?" Enrico asked. "And its for the price we offered him."

"Yes," Robert said. "This incident affected him. He does not want to have to deal with the Geldings again, so I got him to sell it to me. Now, I'm fine with either selling to you for the very same price, or you can continue to pay the same rent to me that you paid to Zafir. Whatever works best for you. But, as of now, you are in absolutely no danger of losing your school's current location."

"Bless you! Thank you!" Lena was deeply relieved.

"As soon as I take out a mortgage on our house..." Enrico began.

"No, no, no. I don't want you to mortgage your house. Why don't we come up with a contract so that you buy the property from me, but rather than a big lump sum, you can continue to pay the same amount that you paid in rent, but it will go for a building payment rather than rent. When you get it paid off, it's yours."

"You would do that for us? But you don't even know us," Lena said.

"I know your mother, and that's good enough for me," Robert said.

"Yes. That would be more than acceptable," Enrico smiled. "Thank you. It means everything to us."

"I know. You're very welcome."

"What if Gelding comes after you, though?" Lena asked, and Robert laughed.

"I am not afraid of Tom Gelding. I've dealt with him before. Tom is afraid of me. I doubt he will try to get the building away from me, but if he does, I'll handle him. Believe me," Robert smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:22 pm

Ruby heard Simone and nodded " that sounds good by me" she said as Jessie chuckled and nodded to Angus. Hearing then seeing Robert walk in she stood up and smiled as Robert told Lena and Enrico some good news she smiled then walke dover to Lena " thats wonderful news" she said and gave her a hug. Stepping back she let Robert continue to talk to them and looked to Simone the back to Lena.

"I said he would sort things for you to keep your dance studio." she said with a warm smile to both of them. She heard them both mention Gelding and she could not help laugh a little at their worry " Belive me when he says that , he means it one hundred percent" she said stil smiling at the good news.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:34 pm

"We should have known Edward would have powerful friends," Enrico smiled.

"Alright, Angus, what are you cooking? Whatever it is, it smells incredible," Robert said.

"Chateaubriand with bearnaise sauce, garlic parmesan hasselback potatoes, honey roasted carrots, and a Romanian peach rice pudding for dessert," Angus said.

"Chateaubriand? I'm eating with you," Robert laughed. "Why didn't you ever make that when you cooked over at the main house?"

"I didn't?"

"No. I would have definitely remembered that," Robert said.

"I'll make it up to you. I promise," Angus laughed.

"And I'll hold you to it," Robert said. "Alright, I'm going home. Kate's making taco salad or something. Anyway, I'm hungry, so I'll see you lot later. Goodnight." He left to go home.

"He did not want that taco salad," Simone laughed. "Not after finding out you're making chateaubriand."

"I will have to make it for him now, you know," Angus laughed. "Edward, how about getting us a good bottle of wine to go with our supper?"

"I could do that," Edward said, getting up to go over to his place to get a bottle of wine.

At five, the kids all got home from work, and as Sam opened the door, Finn ran inside, covered in mud from head to toe, and he shook himself splattering mud in every direction.

"Finn!' Sam was upset, and all the kids groaned, seeing mud going everywhere.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:43 pm

Ruby chuckled as Robert said good night " night Robert " she said then looked to Angus " it does sound delishious" she said smiling at him as he spoke to Edward " sounds perfect" she added as she watched the boys come home and Finn run in muddied up " okay so witch one of you is going to clean Finn and whose cleaning up the mud?" she asked holding out the mop that she'd accioed for one of them to start cleaning. " Angus has made Chateaubriand with bearnaise sauce, garlic parmesan hasselback potatoes, honey roasted carrots, and a Romanian peach rice pudding for dessert, so you'd better hurry" she chuckled as she moved to pick up Caprice and hold her sitting on her hip as she lightly bounced her so she too could watch the boys.

Jessie chuckled seeing Finn shake off mud and Ruby hold out the mop " Angus could you let Chris know its supper time and we should head home" he said and held out his hand to Cris to gain his attenshion that they should be ehading to the cabin for their own supper that Yu had made for them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:00 pm

All four of the kids took hold of Finn and shoved him outside and then the girls started to clean inside. Sam and Victor looked at each other and then they went together to take the dog and give him a bath. None of the four of them were happy in the least.

"Could I set the table for you?" Simone asked Angus.

"That would be great, Simone," Angus said. "Ruby, why don't you feed Caprice so that when our supper is ready, she's good to play on her own for a bit?" Lena got up and offered to help Simone with it. Edward brought up some bottles of wine, knowing that there were only about five glasses of wine per bottle. Enrico helped Edward with opening the wine and pouring some into glasses. Angus gave permission for the kids to have wine with their supper, so Edward and Enrico poured a glass for everyone and set them at each place.

Angus soon took the supper from the oven, carved the chateaubriand into beautiful slices and put them on a large platter, knowing everyone was going to want at least two slices, with the bigger eaters probably wanting three. The potatoes looked beautiful, with their thin slices that were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The honey on the carrots had caramelized just a bit, making them tender and sweet, and the pale yellow bearnaise sauce for the beef slices was perfect.

"I had a finance meeting at one of the best rated restaurants in Paris last week," Enrico said. "And it didn't look anywhere near this good."

"It won't disappoint," Simone said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top