A Birth day - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 42 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:47 pm

Ruby stood and listened as Enrico spoke to lena who he was glad to se went and changed into some reguler clothing. She also saw Enrico recive a responce to his note and smiled as they all left to head to the duplex. Ruby was glad Simone portd them to their side and she walked in taking Caprice fro Simone so she could explain while she had time with Caprice before she would take her back again, not that Ruby minded.

"I'll get the kettle " she said and moved to the kitchen flicking it on she then moved back to the living room placing Caprice on her play mat to play with her toys. " seems hes taken an intest in ballet, especaly Lena's studio" she said sitting next to Angus as she finished talking.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:18 pm

Simone motioned for Lena and Enrico to sit down, and then Simone explained the facts as they had them.

"Now what do you suppose his interest is in that building?" Edward frowned.

"A couple ideas come to mind, but, what can you guys tell us about the building owner?" Angus asked.

"He's an older man. Zafir Blanc," Enrico said. "He's a wizard. He is some authority on magical insects. Bugs. Highly intellectual sort. Reminds me of a professor. He's maybe 87 years old?" he looked at Lena. "Is that right?"

"94," Lena said quietly. "He's in remarkable shape for 94."

"Well, 94 isn't so old for a wizard, actually," Edward said. "Where does he live?"

"He owns several buildings on Paris, and he's got this interesting art deco style house on the rooftop of one of those buildings. It's blocked from muggle view by an enchantment, but if you didn't know you were on a rooftop, you'd soon forget because he's got it landscaped with large flower pots, a greenhouse, a rooftop garden, all sorts of things," Enrico said. "He's got a shrewd head for business, and I was really surprised he was interested in selling this building because we've been trying to get him to sell it to us for years."

"Do you think he might know Gelding personally?" Angus looked at Edward.

"Before now? Unlikely, I should think," Edward said. "I think we should check first to see if he's actually sold it or if the offer has merely been made by Gelding for it."

"Well, if we want that information, we need to go see Irene," Angus said. "She'll know. I think we should ask Owens to go see her and see what she knows." He opened the floo to the Paris office and got Owens.

"Angus? What's up?" Owens frowned.

"Can you reach Irene for me?" Angus asked.

"Certainly. She's got a tiny little place on the south coast here in a village called Meze. That's where we'll find her this time of year."

"Can you get ahold of her and ask her about Gelding's interest in a building for me. See if he's actually bought it or where that transaction stands. We understand he's at least made an offer for it. I need to know if he owns it yet or not. Time is of the essence on this."

"Okay. Give me an hour or so, and I'll let you know. I can tell you one thing. He's got a big raid in the works for two nights from now. And this one is big. He put it together in a hell of a hurry after you shut down that salvage operation of his a couple nights ago, and his men have moved ridiculously fast to get his 'inventory' lined up."

"Bastard," Angus sighed. "I'll tell Robert. You might need back up for that."

"I'll need every fighter I can get," Owens said.

"Understood," Angus nodded. "Get back to me as soon as you can."

"Sure thing," Owens said, ending the call.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:27 pm

Ruby smiled as the two entered and she made a pot of tea for every one . Once the kettle had boiled she moved back to the kettle and pored the hot water into the pot and added the tea leaves " Sfter amoment she picked it up and walked back to the seat and placed it son on the table infront of them as she heard Owens.

"He'll get the information don't worry." she said poring three cups of tea and one for Angus and Marcus. " I thought he could be trying to take us down like we had with him by taking out family businesses " she said not sure if she was even in the right ball park with her thoughts." but then I realised tecnically your studio is nothing to do with us, so it must have something to do with its location or the grounds its on." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:53 pm

"Maybe," Edward said. "There could be a lot of reasons. It's in an older section of Paris, so we can look and see what's supposedly under that building."

"I can tell you that," Enrico said. "I talked with Zafir about that when I was asking him about perhaps cellar storage space. Zafir showed me the cellar, and then he showed me a hidden opening in the cellar that goes downstairs. It opens into the Paris catacomb system."

"The Paris catacombs are world famous. They hold the remains of some of Paris's dead going back into the 1700's. Muggles have been touring them for decades," Edward said. "It's unlikely that Gelding would be able to do any operating in them. They're managed by the Paris museums now and have all sorts of muggle security."

"He has never used them because he has far more efficient ways of operating than that," Angus said.

"Are you aware of anything else in that area that would attract him?" Edward asked him.

"Not really," Angus said. "It's within a comfortable walking distance to our offices, but he hasn't been smart enough to crack our unplottable spells there. I don't see anything glaringly obvious about why he wants that building. Could there be something hidden in the building itself?"

"Doubtful," Enrico said. "We had to have the entire building rewired and had to have all the pipes replaced when we moved in simply because they weren't up to muggle building codes. So we pretty much know what's in those walls because we've been there." Angus sighed. Every idea that they had was coming up with a big zero. He glanced up at the clock and saw it was noon. He opened a floo channel to Robert.

"Forgive me. You found me eating in my office," Robert responded, and it was obvious he was eating something crunchy. "One moment." He took a drink of something to be able to swallow the bite of lunch he had in his mouth. "You aren't going to take me from my fish and chips, are you?"

"Hopefully not," Angus laughed. "And, no, we won't tell Kate you ordered from the Leaky again. Got some information for you." He told Robert the developments of the morning, and Robert frowned.

"Well, you did well getting Owens to get Irene on it. She'll get copies of the paperwork on it, including any offers on it. That will certainly help. Get Owens to get a list of any wizard businesses or any facility that would be frequented by wizard children within four or five blocks of that school, would you? And include any sort of hotels or event facilities. Let's see if he's looking to get another base of operation in that neighborhood. Consider housing his 'inventory,' or any auctions he might hold. Let's see if we can determine a motive for this. Don't go to Paris yet. Just do your legwork, and keep me posted."

"There's a big, big auction scheduled two nights from now."

"That's two nights from now. I'll get on that when I get home. Let's do what we can do with this while the business offices we need to get information from are open this afternoon. Keep digging and keep me posted. Make absolutely no moves, none, without talking to me first."

"Will do," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:02 pm

Ruby smiled to lena and Enrico knowing Robert all ready had aplan in motion " looks like your going to be here for a while" she said softly a she pored a second cup of tea for both of them. " but Im sure we'll get to the bottom of this and you'll have your studio back" she said walking to the kithen she started on lunch for every one of Chicken kiev Quesadilla.

She Heated a frying pan over a medium-high heat then Spread half of a wrap with 2 tbsp soft cheese and put in the pan. Cover the other half with the cheddar, then top with the spring onion, lemon zest, parsley and chicken she then scatter over the panko and then dot the remaining soft cheese over the top of it, then she folded the soft-cheese-spread side of the wrap over to close the quesadilla and cooked it until the cheese had melted and the top of the quesadilla is warm.

Loking up she spoke " whose for quesadilla's?" she asked with a smile " its just a small thing but will se eyou untill later" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:36 pm

"Thank you, Ruby," Edward said. "I was getting hungry." He passed around plates with quesadillas to everyone."

"I think we have just a little time while we wait for Owen anyway," Angus said. They ate their quesadillas while they waited, and Owens called back early, in 45 minutes, not in a full hour. "I'm here," Angus told Owen. "What did you learn?"

"We learned Zafir was pressured into selling," Owens said. "He's scared enough that he agreed to let us protect him. Michael is on his way back home now from moving Zafir into hiding, and I've sent a couple of our boys to keep him safe. There has been a purchase agreement submitted, and the price on it is about double what the building is worth. Irene managed to get a copy of it. Here's the thing I don't like about it. We have countless documents that have Tom's signature, and I'm telling you right now, this isn't his handwriting. Nowhere near it."

"Let me guess. More flourishes. More loops. Bigger."

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Just a lucky guess," Angus said, sighing. "Is the sale final?"

"No. Not yet. Zafir hasn't signed it, and I managed to talk him into waiting--on the condition that we would keep him safe."

"Well done," Angus said. "Keep him safe. I'll get back to you." He closed the floo call. and then sat for a long moment, thinking. Then he got up.

"Where are you going?" Marcus asked

"Upstairs to talk to Robert in private," Angus said.

"You have a plan," Marcus said.

"Yes, and nobody's going to like it, believe me."

"You gonna tell him all of it?" Marcus was hoping Angus wasn't going to hide any pieces of it from Robert.

"Yeah," Angus said. "It's not a pretty plan, so I want him to know what I think we need to try and I want him to know why."

"You want me to come with you?"

"No. Not yet. Just give me two minutes, would you?" He went upstairs to the master bedroom, and he was gone seven or eight minutes and came back down.

"Marcus," Angus asked, "how are your archery skills?"

"Not expert but I could hit a barn if I had to," Marcus teased. "Are we down to bows and arrows now?"

"Yeah. And I have a damned good reason for it. Suppose Yu can shoot a bow?"

"I have no idea. How many archers are you looking for?"

"Me and at least two others," Angus said.

"Well, you've got me. Ruby? Can you shoot a bow? If not, it makes sense that Yulong might be your other archer, but I don't know. If Ruby doesnt' shoot a bow, I'll go talk to Yulong."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:43 pm

Ruby let every one take one and sat to eat her own but it was not long before Owens got back to them she listened to Angus talk to Owens and had an idea he thought it was Suzanne who had signed the paper workbut she stayed quiet and let things flow knowing Angus had an idea.

When he returned Ruby stood up and listened to them " yes I can string a bow and am not a bad shot ether" she said as Cris came runing in from out side with a bunch of flowers for her. " mulțumesc chris." she said and looked to Angus hoping she had said it right as it was the only word she knew. Jessie and Yu walked in not long after.

" christe rog nu fugi asa." Yu said then smiled as he watched Chris give Ruby the flowers.

" Yu can you fire a bow and arrows?" Ruby asked Yu looked puzzled an nodded " yes , yes I an I use to shot at rodents on my grand mother farm." he said and looked to Angus " problem?
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:20 am

"You wanna go to Paris with Marcus and Michael and me?" Angus asked Ruby and Yulong. "If so, you'll have to give me a bit. I need to go to the armory over at the farm and get the mission gear for this one."

"I'll go with you to the farm," Marcus said. "

"Edward, can you and..." Angus began.

"We'll hold down the fort. You go ahead," Edward said, knowing already what Angus wanted.

"What are you going to do?" Enrico asked.

"Break muggle law--just a little bit," Angus said with a cheeky grin. "We'll be back." He and Marcus apparated out to go get equipment from Robert's large armory over at the farm.

"Should we be worried?" Enrico asked.

"If I had to wager a guess," Edward said. "The bows and arrows are a distraction of some sort for whatever they're bringing Michael for."

"Who's Michael?" Lena asked.

"Michael is, for all practical purposes, a one man wizarding black ops team," Edward said.

"What the heck are they doing?" Enrico was concerned.

"Well, since it's Angus's plan, it could be almost anything," Edward laughed. "He's a bit unconventional at times."

Marcus and Angus were gone about fifteen minutes and they came back, already dressed in camouflaged mission wear, and carrying two backpacks, four handmade bows, and four large quivers that were loaded with arrows. Angus sat down, opened the backpack and handed Ruby and Yulong camouflaged mission wear.

"I want him to see the arrows, not necessarily you," Angus told them. "Michael is on his way. Let's suit up, and just so you're protected if it goes off the rails, take your wands and at least one blade with you. I expect Michael might be here by the time you both change."

Marcus and Angus sorted out the gear and they got out for tactical waist packs and outfitted them with gear and ammunition. Angus had brought back a mammoth supply of some very special bubbles from Robert's stores. He made sure everyone had a big bagful of them, along with all the archery gear they needed. He had chosen a beautiful lighter weight woman's bow for Ruby, knowing it had been a long time since she'd done much shooting, and he picked heavier weight men's bows for Yu and Marcus and himself, knowing they would have control issues with lighter bows. Then he tucked some extra things into each of the tactical belt pouches so that everyone was well equipped.

They were just finishing putting the waist belts with the tactical bags and pouches together when Michael arrived, in fatigues as well, with Hiss on his shoulder.

"Hi, Michael," Angus said. "Hey, Hiss. How are you?" The rope waved at Angus. "You in for this mission, Michael?"

"You think you'll get away with it?" Michael asked.

"I think I'll make my point," Angus said seriously.

"Ah. I told Robert I knew that was what this was all about," Michael nodded. "I hope you don't come to regret it."

"If we pull it off, then we might well make our point," Angus said.

"Alright. I'm in," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:28 am

Ruby stood up and siled at Angus as he returned with a change of clothing for herself and Yu both quickly transphigured there clothing to what Angus and brought. Ruby picked up the womans bow and held it in her hand " nice choice, its balanced well" she said accioing her knife and sliping it into her leg sheath. Yu slung the bow over his shoulder and then slipped the arrows into the quiver as did Ruby.

Ruby looked at Simone as she walked over to Caprice and kisse dhe cheek " mom will be back soon" she said sofly to her then looked up at Simne knowing she would look after her. Standing she walked over to Angus as Michael arrived and smiled to him " hey Hiss and Michael" she said with a smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:41 am

"Be careful," Edward told them.

"Always," Angus said. "Let's go." He drew out a portkey and ported them to Paris--into the back of Gelding's estate. The guards were all around.

"How the hell did you get a portkey right into his estate?" Michael whispered to Angus.

"I made one the last time I was here," Angus grinned.

"Little jumped up shit," Michael shook his head, amused.

"Now, listen," he told Yulong and Marcus and Ruby, "we're leaving Michael here, and we're going around to the front. We're going to slip behind this hedge and go as noiselessly as we can to the front." He motioned to them, and he started behind the hedge to creep around to the front of the house.

"You got next, Ruby," Marcus pointed her to follow Angus. "Yu, you follow Ruby, and I'll bring up the rear." Marcus followed Yulong, and they crept to the front, being careful to avoid being seen by the guards.

When they got to the front, Angus told them he had treated the arrowheads with a temporary sticking charm so that the bubbles would stick to the arrowheads. These were special bubbles that would make extra loud noises and also would shower the area around them with bright colored sparks. He told them to fire the arrows at the roof, the windows and the doors on the front and the ends of the house but not on the back of the house. He wanted to draw Gelding and his men to the front. Angus and Marcus drew an arrow, nocked it in the bow and stuck a bubble to the arrowhead and fired it right at the long leaded glass windows that ran along either side of the front door The arrows pierced the glass, exploding with a roar, sending sparks and flame all over Gelding's front stoop.

"Oh, nice," Marcus grinned. "This might be fun after all."

"Keep firing until I tell you to stop," Angus told them all. "We're buying Michael time." He hadn't said a word to them about what Michael was going in to get because he knew that Yu and Ruby might not approve at all, but Angus believed the risk was worth it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top