A Birth day - Page 24
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 24 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 24 of 100 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 24 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:01 pm

Jess heard Angus's voice threw the fireplace they had and listened as he explained what they had found out" I've already made sure the place was secure and yes it sounds like their into something dark and unwanted and it is unnerving there not far away from Edwards estate" she said " be careful" she added "and tell Jack to watch for sharks please." she said then hearing Robert was on his way she breathed out " there's plenty of room we were given a suit with extra rooms." she added " all right let me know if you find anything else." she said and looked to Tara with a smile.

Jack had heard Angus and frowned as he mentioned that Gelding had purchased an estate next to Edwards and that he'd left their daughter with a nanny to do god knows what. " all this is as Jess said un nerving, what he up to and why, not that Im complaining about him not taking kids but it's so out of what he does." Jack said rubbing the back of his neck in puzzlement.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 pm

"I know," Angus said, "It sounds to me like this was all set to get our attention but I don't know why."

"Let's consider what we do know, then," Michael said. "This can't be much about power, at least not so far as I can see. The only other thing that Tom Gelding likes more than power is money."

"Well, Edward has money, that's for sure," Angus said.

"Does Evan?" Michael asked.

"No," Angus said. "I mean, he's comfortable financially, but he's not what you would call wealthy."

"Alright, but you are. And Edward is."

"And he's not getting any from us," Angus said in quiet anger.

"You're within your rights to be angry, Lad," Michael said, "but he's got easier ways to make money than by trying to bilk you or Edward. He's got other reasons to want to come after you, but I don't think money is on the top of his list."

"Then, what?" Angus was frustrated now. "Why set up my brother for anything?"

"What if its the ships?" Marcus said. "What if he's checking out your shipping fleet?"

"Could be, but he's rented ships elsewhere," Angus said.

"Yeah, but notice--he's rented diving boats. Not yachts. Diving boats. He's not doing it for luxury. And the ship he had last night--did it have a diving platform?"

"Um..." Angus took the folder of paperwork and looked through it to find the model of the ship. "Yeah. Yeah, that one has a platform on the stern."

"Well, that might be important."

"You mean the whole diving business might be important," Angus said. "Maybe, but what could he be looking for?"

"Clearly, if its about the diving, he's after something underwater," Marcus said.

"And if that's the case, they might not have been after Evan at all," Michael said. "I mean, what if Evan's being on the ship was unfortunate not only for Evan but for them too? If they had let something happen to Evan, they would have had to contend with Robert's wrath, and they've never had to content with his full wrath before. That would have been an exceptionally bad move on Tom's part."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:31 pm

Jack listened to Michael and Angus " So it could have been the wrong place wrong time for Evan" he said then listened as they spoke more "You don't think it could be there holding him someplace and are going to demand a ransom?" he asked " at an exuberant amount" he speculated as he sat down " but I guess we won't know until we check out the area" Jack then stood up and pored three cups of tea and handed them out to everyone " we're just speculating right now, as you would say, Angus, best to have all the facts than worry about what might be, right?" he said and sat down again with his cup and blew across the top of it.

Jess walked around the suit and checked all doors and windows leading to the outside were locked up tight to stop any one who wanted to get in being able . Then she placed charms around to stop unwanted aperating into the suit as thy waited for Robert and Edward to appear.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:52 pm

"I'm wondering if that is exactly what happened," Marcus nodded in response to Jack's question.

"If they took him to reduce any pushback from Robert, they might have taken him to protect themselves but now they don't blood know what to do with him," Michael said. "I've seen other nitwits make that mistake before."

"Then why blow up the ship at all?" Angus asked.

"I'm wondering if they either had something on the ship or someone that was going to give them trouble. What if the dinner party was a blind and the real activity was whatever their goons were doing off the diving platform on the back?" Marcus asked.

"If that's the case, then as soon as we get to the site, we need to go down and see what they're on about," Michael said.

"No, no, that's not the way to do it," Angus said. "Let me see the manifest. That will tell me where they planned to sail to and back. My guess is that it is at the center point of that trip where we'll come close to where they're targetting."

"Well, I've got that here too," Michael said, handing it to them. Angus accio'd a large map of the Mediterranean sea and he looked at the plan for the trip and then, he compared that with where the ship exploded. The site of the explosion didn't add up with where the ship had intended to be. He fetched a wooden case from the bridge and opened it up to display a set of navigation instruments He sat down and spent some time using things like a sextant, a compass, and some other things, he came up with an alternative route that looked to him like a much more realistic route that they probably ended up taking. Then he brought Gervaise from the bridge and showed him what he'd plotted out and asked Gervaise if the knew of any sort of echo or sonar that they could sue to see what might be down below the surface at that location. Gervaise didn't know of anything but he believed it was close enough to the explosion site that it would be worth checking out.

"What do you think?" Angus said. "I think we need to go to the explosion site, but I really am starting to think Evan isn't there. I think we need to check this other theory out next. It's a fanciful tale, yes, but in our world, unlike the muggle world, the fanciful tales are often the ones that tend to be true. I think this--right here--just about a mile and a half from the explosion site--is worth our visiting and doing a dive at. What do the rest of you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:06 pm

Jack watched as Angus mapped out a route using the coordinates to the exploshion sight he was fascinated and intrigued at how quickly Angus worked and knew that his expertise in sailing was now showing threw. He followed him to the wheel house and stood behind him as he spoke with Gervaise about sonar equipment. when he said they didn't have anything Jack thought for amoment " guess we do it the old fashioned way" he said looking to Angus" unles you have an idea?" he asked.

Returning to the main cabin area he sat down to wait till they reatched the area to search he strted to check his gear the tanks and breathing gear as well as the wet suit they had found for him, it was indeed a bit big for him and he would have to resize it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 pm

"Mate, you do realize you aren't going to be able to swim with one hand, right?" Marcus asked Angus. "How about you let us do the wet work, and you stay up here and stay dry?"

"If you take the bridge," Gervaise told Angus, "I'll go into the water in your place. I don't want to leave the bridge without command, but you could take the bridge, and I can go for a swim."

"Can you manage that with one hand?" Marcus asked.

"Him?" Gervaise grinned. "With one hand and in his sleep both."

"That works for me," Marcus said.

"Alright," Angus agreed. "I guess you lot should go suit up. Marcus, do help anyone with any adjustments they need to their wetsuits, would you?"

"Of course," Marcus said.

"Do we have dive slates?" Angus asked Gervaise.

"Dive slates," Gervaise scowled. "Your grandfather isn't that old school. We have masks with transceivers. We can actually use real words. I'll have the crew break some out and some cameras." He teased Angus, laughing.

"Good," Angus said, taking the new coordinates up to the bridge, leaving the others to change. they weren't far from the explosion site, and Angus wanted to see what was left of last night's ship. He took a pair of binoculars and went out on the anchor mount on the bow of the ship so he could get a clearer view.

"Careful, Captain," the first mate called to Angus. "That mount gets like ice when she's wet, Sir. You wouldn't be the first crew member overboard on account of her."

"Thank you. I'll be careful," Angus said. "Helmsman, come about thirty degrees starboard. I have the wreck site in sight."

"Aye, Captain," the helmsman returned. Angus ordered changes in speed to slow them down because they were getting close, and he made sure they knew he wanted a full stop at the wreck site. He backed up off the anchor mount, back to the bow of the ship because he knew that the wet anchor mount would throw him forward into the sea if he was still standing on it when the ship came to a full stop.

"Shall we drop anchor, Sir?" the helmsman called.

"Aye, Helmsman," Angus replied, not liking the site of debris all around them now, with Italian coast guard vessels all around them.

"We're being hailed by the coast guard, Sir. They're warning us off," the helmsman called.

"I'll take it,' Angus said, unwilling to be warned off. He went back to the bridge to tell the coast guard he wasn't going anywhere.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:38 pm

Jack heard Marcus and Gervaise talk to Angus and chuckled as he took the helm from Gervaise. He went back to checking his equipment and then moved to dress into his wet suit " okay Marcus resize this thing please, I feel like a flounder" he said walking out to show Marcus the suit that was too long in the leg and arms as well as around his butt area" he could not help but chuckle.

Once resized Jack slipped on his scoba tanks and made thm sit comfortable on his back. Turning to Gervaise he let him check the hoses and tank to make sure it was correct then he checked Gervaise and nodded it was all correct and the tank was full before checking Marcus for him too. Carrying his flippers and mask he walked onto the deck to wait for Angus's all clear so thy could enter the water and start searching.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:47 pm

Marcus made sure everyone's suits fit properly. Michael didn't say a word. He suited up like he had done it all his life, and he found tanks and flippers and sat on the bench back on the dive platform with the rest of them. Gervaise brought four masks with transceivers. and he showed them how to turn the transceivers on and off so they could communicate with each to other and with Angus.

"It's going to be a minute," Gervaise told them. "We've reached the wreck site, and the coast guard wants us to clear off. If I know Angus, he isn't going anywhere until he's good and ready to go. He'll have to persuade them we have a right to be here."

"And if that doesn't work, he'll just hex the shit out of them," Michael said.

"He's probably already made up his mind what spell he'll use too," Gervaise laughed. They heard Angus raise his voice in anger just once, but then he radio'd back to them.

"We've got clearance to dive. One dive, no more than ten minutes below the surface, and then you're all straight back. Not a moment longer. Got that? You know what to look for. Go when you're ready, but stay in touch, and stay together," Angus told them.

"Aye, Captain," Gervaise replied. He looked at the rest. "Time to get wet, Gentlemen."

"Let's go, Kids," Michael said, putting his mask in place and stepping off the platform. He was followed by Marcus and Gervaise.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:53 pm

Jack chuckled as they said Angus probably knew what spell to hex them with " to true" he said and checked out the mask Gervaise had given him looking up as he ehard Angus shout he chuckled then heard they had the all clear for one dive. Nodding he thought back to what they were looking for and slipped on his mask " all clear" he said letting every one know he could hear them before he too slipped into the water backwards then swum alongside Marcus as they decended down to th wreak.

Jack kept his eyes open as he searched but so far no sign of any bodies only some charred ship parts. He looked ovr at Marcus "I got nothing as of yet, not sure if thats a good thing or bad " he said " you?" he asked knowing with Marcus's keen eye he'd spot something he missed in the semi murky waters.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:14 am

"Its all stirred up down here, like mud," Marcus said.

"What's your visibility?" Angus asked.

"God,, no more than about 18 inches at best," Marcus said.

"Be careful of your depth. Stay shallow. This is a short dive," Angus reminded them. "We don't want any of you having decompression issues."

"Red dive suits on my right, Angus," Michael said.

"Italian muggle coast guard. They want to make sure you don't nick anything," Angus said. "Had to strike a compromise."

"If I nicked anything, they'd never see it anyway," Michael said, annoyed. Angus laughed.

"I don't like how this looks, Angus," Marcus said. "The debris pattern splatters out evenly in all directions, like a pretty even circle."

"Meaning, you think that the explosion came from just about in the center of the ship itself," Angus said.

"Precisely. Where would that line up on the deck plans?" Marcus asked.

"Um...give me a second..." Angus said, flipping through the paperwork.

"Here,' the first mate pointed it out to Angus.

"You're right,' Angus said. "Marcus, that would have put it in the elevator shaft, just one deck down from the deck that our cabins are on, on this ship."

"And that would exactly line up with the explosion pattern," Marcus said. "

"Would the crew have been using the elevator that night?"

"Probably. The kitchens and the pantries are on the lower decks," Angus said. "But the plans called for the supper to be up on deck, so it's unlikely that there would be much call for Gelding or his guests to be off the deck at all. Are you seeing anything helpful?"

"Maybe," Marcus said. "I'm getting lots of pictures."

"Me too," Michael said. "I'm not seeing anything worth bringing up, and no evidence of any clothing or deceased. Nothing like that."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 100 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top