A Birth day - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 42 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:08 am

"Let's head back," Marcus told Jessie, "in case we're needed for something."

When Angus and Edward were finished, Edward paid the barber and the manicurist, and they left. Carlo made them each a Bellini, and the two of them took their drinks and went outside to just sit and talk and relax a little til the girls came back. They could smell the brunch that Rosaria was preparing. Angus did wonder where the baby was, and he did ask Carlo. Carlo reassured Angus that Caprice was in the kitchen with Rosaria and was being very well tended. Angus volunteered to take the baby, and Carlo jokingly told Angus that he doubted that Angus could pry the baby out of Rosaria's hands if he used a crowbar to do it.

Ginger and Anise were stunned at how well their cuts and nails and makeup had turned out. Simone finished her look first and she went over and gave the girls some much needed praise and encouragement. Anise's stylist found a pretty black and silver barrette to hold her dressy ponytail, and Simone agreed to buy it. Ginger's found a couple little barrettes to hold some of the wispy side locks back for Ginger and to give her strawberry blonde hair a little dressy flash. and Simone bought those too.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:14 am

Jessie nodded to Marcus "Yeah, I smell cooking" he said smiling "And I need to shower and get ready" he turned and walked towards the main house entering Angus and relaxing"Well thats good to see" he said chukaling.

Ruby finished after everyone and smiled "You both look beautiful and I know Angus will aprove" she said smiling "But I think we should get back, all this has taken some time," she added and looked at Simone. " you think Carlo is still out side?" she asked as she payed for the pampering and picked up her things including an umberella she's brought.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:25 am

"It looks like their barber has finished and they're just enjoying a couple moments in the quiet before breakfast," Marcus smiled. "You've got time. Rosaria will have breakfast ready for us when the girls get back. The calling hours start at eleven, the service is at noon, and then the lunch starts at probably around 1 or 1:30, Edward estimated. If you're going to shower, I wouldn't take more than about ten minutes because you'll miss breakfast if you do, and Rosaria makes a killer breakfast."

"Of course it's taken time. We have plenty of time because we came so early. It's just a few minutes past nine. No, I'm sure he's not," Simone said. "He has too much to do on a day like today to sit outside a muggle salon for a couple hours to wait on us while we take our time. He was going back to the estate to go back to help Rosaria get breakfast ready for all of us. I'll call him, and he'll be around in a few minutes." Simone called the house and asked Carlo to come and pick them up, and then she hung up. "He'll be here in just a couple minutes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:30 am

Jessie nodded to Marcus "Oh I can do that" he said and chuckled "Not missing out on breakfast" he said and chuckled as he headed up for a quick shower. he took the stairs two at a time and made it to his room and stripped as he made it to the shower.

Ruby noded and chuckled "Yeah, your right guess that second coffee hasn't kicked in yet" she said and shrugged . as she stood with Ginger and Anise she looked out the window as a light drizzle of rain fell against it " you think this will cler up intime for the funeral?" she asked having a feling it would not and it would remain gloomy all day.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:38 am

Simone kept an eye out for Carlo, and when he pulled up, she motioned to them.

"Our chauffer is here, Ladies," Simone smiled. "I hope Rosaria has been cooking because I'm starving. I don't know if it will rain all day, but Edward will surely know. He keeps an eye on such things, especially when he knows we'll all have to be out in it. I'm so glad you all went with me. You all look lovely. We should do these sorts of things every so often when we get home."

"I'm hungry too," Anise said.

"You're always hungry," Ginger laughed.

"Not always," Anise said. "But we've normally eaten by now. We're a little behind schedule."

"Well, yeah. That's true," Ginger agreed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:50 am

Ruby chuckled and stepped outside and opened the umbrella staying betwen the car and the salon so they didn't get their hair wet " Okay lets go" she said chuckling as they climbed into the car She climbed in and closed the unberella placing it down by her feet so not to get wet as they drove back to the main house . It was now her stomach growled loudly and she chuckled " guess Im hungry too." she said as Carlo stoped the car close to the main door so they would not get too wet.

Ruby stepped out and opened the unberella to cover the girls and Simone as they dove to the doorway. Bing last she shut the door and thanked Carlo before moving to the door herself and stepped in after closing the umberella and placing it in the holder by the door. " we're back" she called out chukaling seeing Jessie walk down in a dark navy suit with matching tie and black polished shoes his hair now brushed neat to one side making Ruby smile at him.

"yeah I know I scrub up well" he said smiling at her " ladies" he said and moved to the living room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:07 am

When Ruby called out that she was back, Rosaria came out and greeted them all, and she praised them all on how beautiful they looked. Then she told them that she had breakfast ready for them all in the dining room.

She had made a beautiful large frittata and had cut it into wedges. She'd also made some lovely lemon ricotta pancakes, some crispy pancetta, a big platter of freshly deep friend zeppoli that were stuffed with gooey melted chocolate, and she had also put out a pitcher of orange juice, some hot tea and some hot coffee.

Angus and Edward came in and saw the lovely breakfast that was waiting.

"You all look great," Angus said. "Did you have a good time?"

"It was fun," Ginger said. "I'd do it again."

"Good. I'm glad you enjoyed it," Angus said. "Fix your plates while it's still hot."

Angus took a couple of the lemon ricotta pancakes, and a slice of the pancetta, and, as he was fixing his plate and drizzling some heated lemon curd that Rosaria had set out as one option of several to use on the pancakes, he saw the zeppoli and popped one into his mouth, finding the chocolate filling.

"What are those?" Anise asked Angus while his mouth was full of his zeppoli. He picked one up and put it into her mouth. She bit into it and found the chocolate. Her eyes grew wide, tasting the warm, melting chocolate, and she pretended to take the whole platter of them, making him laugh.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:17 am

Ruby thanked Rosaria for looking after Caprice and for the breakfast then moved to the dinning room to fix herself a plate. When sat she smiled when Anise asked what Angus was eating and the look on her face made Ruby chuckle " its an Italian pastry consisting of a deep-fried dough ball thats usually topped with powdered sugar, and may be filled with custard, jelly, cannoli-style pastry cream, or a butter-and-honey mixture, but I thin rosaria puts chocolate inside hers." Ruby explained as she ate one filled with the honey butter " I have to admit , hummm" she said and smiled tastyng the swet honey goodness.

Jessie ate his breakfast and sipped some orange juice he heard Ruby but also kept his eyes and ears open since the burial time was drawing close, he had a feeling that if Angus's relatives were going to do anything it would be when Angus was most vunrable , now was not it but if any one was scoping out the situation he'd see that. He glanced at Marcus whondering if he was doing the same.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:19 am

Angus took a seat at the table and had breakfast with the others. Marcus brought him a fresh cup of coffee since Angus didn't have two hands to carry a plate and a mug both. Angus thanked him and tucked into his breakfast. He honestly was just listening to the conversation and not particularly thinking of anything except this moment with his family. This was likely to be the easiest moment of his day. The tension was going to go up from here for most of the day until perhaps once they got home.  

There had been a brief moment in his thinking somewhere over the last couple days when he had wondered if he would actually survive the funeral, if his extended family would insure that he would not survive the funeral of those he'd killed. He didn't fear that now. He was sure now that he was going to take a commanding stance today. These people who had hated him for no bloody good reason did not have the right to take from him the life that he had come to love with the little handful of people that loved him as much as he loved them. These blood relatives that hated him his entire life didn't even have the gonads to tell him why they hated him, the cowards. He was no longer sorry he'd solved the problems with Basil and Gloria once and for all. They'd both had choices to step away from the conflict before it all went off the rails and they'd chosen badly. That was not his fault. That was theirs. Their last and greatest mistake. It had taken him a day or so to resolve that in his thinking but he wasn't sorry about it any longer.

When he finished eating breakfast, he excused himself quietly, and he got up and went up to his room, and Marcus followed him. Marcus helped him change into a black suit. Angus wanted to do away with the brace on his shoulder, but Marcus wasn't having it. He was not going to let him jar the bones out of place. He did have a much less restrictive sling for him that was just a single belt-like strap. It was much less bulky and much less binding. Marcus helped him put on the suit jacket, and then Marcus did some small but important tailoring enchantments to make sure that it was absolutely perfect. He found the platinum and diamond bracelet, along with the family crest cufflinks and the Donohue diamond signet ring. He made sure Angus had his wand holster and his wand in place, even though, Marcus and Jessie were a pair of much more powerful and accurate weapons than Angus's wand was.

Angus had had one goal with the suit he had chosen. He wanted Edward to be leading this family for decades to come, but he also wanted the family to know for certain that, God forbid, if anything happened to Edward even today, that Angus was ready and able and was a force they would have to reckon with. He was hoping to look intimidating enough that they would know he was clearly Edward's choice.

While he was dressing, Edward and Simone had dressed. And the girls had gone upstairs to their room and changed into their black dresses and they had added the jewelry that Ruby and Angus had bought for them. They were nervous. It was the first time they had worn dresses and the first time they had gone to a formal occasion outside the pack. It hadn't taken them anywhere near the same amount of time to dress that it had taken Angus to dress. They had gone up, changed, and come back down before Angus had gotten finished.

Angus knew Ruby would need to dress, and he didn't want to take any more time in the bedroom than necessary so she would have time here. He and Marcus went downstairs. Edward was standing at the bottom of the stairs, and he looked at Angus and nodded.

"Will it do?" Angus asked him.

"It ought to scare the shit out of them," Edward laughed. "Well done, my boy."

"I'm going to ask you just one more time. What do they have against me?"

"And I'm going to answer you one more time. I don't know. Honest to God, I don't know. It isn't like I haven't asked them, demanded of them to tell me, threatened them. And they won't say," he said.

"Is it possible that I'm not really a Donohue at all?"

"No," Edward asked. "I considered that when you were just a wee tot, and your grandmother and I had that tested so we could put that to rest once and for all. You honestly are the firstborn child of Benjamin and Eileen. You're as much a Donohue as I am."

"Then I don't get it."

"Neither do I."

"Did I ever do anything that was disgraceful or unforgivable that maybe I don't remember?"

"No. Never. Son, they really aren't worth your energies. Nor can you make them like you. You can, however, set your position in this family once and for all, just exactly like you're going to do, and I'll be beside you every step of the way." Angus nodded once. He had to take this stand. He now had sons and daughters and Ruby, and they were going to not only be his immediate family, but they were also going to be heirs to the entire Donohue fortune through him. He wasn't going to let them be scorned like he had been. This had to be done, and today was as good a time as any.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:14 pm

Ruby has seen Angus and smiled admiring the man she was joined to, he to her was handsome and kind yet strong, on more than one occashion had pulled her back from pure insanity and got hr on a level, he'd helped Jessie who now saw him as his brother. Heading up to their room she changed into her dress and shoes, both were majority black but her shoes held a strip of gold around the back of the heel. Her dress was a simple black dress that hugged her at the waist her hair was ulled up in a ponytail but curled against her neck she wore the set Angus had bought for her.

Walking down she heard Angus talking to Edward and walked over to them." Angus, you have the ones who love and respect you right here, and Im damn sure none of us are going to let them do anything to you." she told him taking his hand in her own and holding it tight. Her other hand touched his cheek gently "We Donohue's from what I have seen have a strength in the loyal family and freinds that we make in life, you have some of the strongest around, Robert, Khaat, Brian, Michael, Andrew,.." she names all the people he had made feinds with and smiled " you are one of the strongest men I know, didn't you see how when you walked into the room , you commanded restpect, and from this day on you will get it from those who think they are better than you, trust me their not, we love you, I love you." she said gently kissing him she then brushed her finger over his lips to ipe off some lipstick that had remained behind.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top