A Birth day - Page 11
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 11 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 11 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:17 am

"Why are you taking the baby?" Angus asked her. "You could just leave her here with me, couldn't you? I am slightly related to her, after all. You don't have to take care of her all by yourself."

"Thanks, Ruby," Marcus said. "Breakfast looks great."

"Outfitted?" Anise asked. She couldn't imagine having more than a couple pairs of jeans, a couple more than had been cut off to make shorts, and some worn out tee shirts and one single pair of shoes. Did she need more?

"We gotta put something in all those drawers," Ginger laughed.

"Oh, maybe a sweater," Anise said. "I've always wanted a sweater."

"Maybe two," Angus laughed.

"Two?" Anise looked at him. "Wouldn't it be more practical to have a coat, rather than a second sweater?"

"Come here," he motioned to them. They went over to him. "Marcus, hand me that red jar on the bookshelf please." Marcus handed him the jar, and Angus opened the jar and counted out forty galleons, and handed twenty to Anise and twenty to Ginger. "Spending money. I won't give you this much all the time, but since you need so many things, I'll give you more this time. If you get near a muggle shop, you'll have to have Ruby find someplace to get some of this converted to muggle money, but do your math. You need to know that each one of these galleons is worth five pounds. So each of you has about a hundred pounds. Don't worry about the cost of these clothes and things today. We'll pay for that. This is in case you see something extra that you'd like."

"Extra? Just because we like it? People do that?" Anise asked.

"Yes. Sometimes they do. It's a gift. Just enjoy it."

"Thank you," Anise said. They both kissed his cheek in appreciation. "We'll use it wisely.

"Don't use all of it wisely. Use a little of it impulsively just because you can," he smiled. "Now, go tuck into those pancakes." They went to the table to get some breakfast."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:30 am

Ruby looked at Angus and smiled and chuckled. "Of course you are, you did help make her after all, but don't you have something important you want to sort out today?" she said then looked to Marcus and then to the girls as Angus called them over and gave them the galleons. "he's right we all get outfitted when we are accepted, but for you girls its because we care about you," she said " that and we have someplace special we have to go first too." she finished her breakfast and took her glass and plate to the kitchen placing it in the sink "you're welcome Angus" she said smiling as she moved to his bed and placed Caprice down next to him and left the bag beside the bed should he need it "All right, you sure you'll be okay with her," she asked not nurvouse about leaving her with him, but of his outburst earlier, worried it was something to do with her mother. Smiling she looked down at Caprice and chuckled seeing her smiling back at her " All right little one , no blowouts today , please." she said softly thn kissed Caprice on her forhead gently.

Moving to the girls she chuckled " all right if your ready , take my hand and we'll begin" she said smiling as she looked at Angus. Taking the girls hands she aperated to Diagon alley. " Okay follow me girls " she said and walked them down the alley , slow enough they could marvel at the shops and the windows before she stopped in front of Olivanders wand shop.

"Okay, here we are, our first stop." she said smiling "Its high time you girls got your own atuned wands" she said opening the door for them to enter.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:45 am

"I'm not letting him dash off anywhere," Robert told Ruby. "Somebody besides me needs to understand he's still supposed to be in the hospital right now, so no. He's not dashing off anywhere. So be off with you all now." He looked at Marcus. "You let him bugger out of here, and you'll answer to me. I'm going to go sic Nigel on you so I can go to work." Robert apparated out to go to the main house to shower and change to go to work, sending Nigel over to take over for him.

The girls went into the crowded little wand shop, with floor floor to ceiling shelves loaded with boxes.

There was a clerk behind the counter.

"Welcome to Ollivanders," he said. "How can I help you?

"Um...perhaps a wand?" Ginger asked rather timidly.

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:52 am

Ruby smiled as they entered following behind the two of them she smiled seeing the assistant come from behind one of the shelves and ask them if they needed help. " my girls need to be fitted with wands, they have used practice ones but now they need there own" she explained and looked to the girls. She looked around the shop and smiled remembering when she got her wand "The wand chooses you, you don't choose it" she said softly and shrugged "It's true" She took out her own to show them, a walnut wand with a brass inlay and delacate engravings of vines on. She slipped it back into its holder and looked at the assistant "They will need a wand holder too." she informed him and he nodded.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:14 am

It did take some time for the clerk to find a wand that fit Ginger, but finally, the wand that seemed to be the best fit for her was made from Alder wood, and had some lovely leafy vines carved in the wood. The leaves were set with inlays of little carved pieces of green aventurine, with a green aventurine handle, and mithril bands circling the handle at the top and at the bottom. When Ginger picked the wand up from the box, a green light shimmered all around her.

"Hm," the clerk said.

"What?" Ginger asked.

"The alder wood is a wood that is often associated with healers because of its compassionate nature. And, the green stones are aventurines, known for dispelling negative energies and generating empathy and compassion. It has a unicorn hair, which is another quality usually common with healer's wands because it consistently tends to shield the caster from blockages, contamination or other such things. Perhaps you'll do well with herbology or with healing. Who knows?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:22 am

Ruby watched as Ginger went first to get her wand she saw the one that choose her and smiled "That is so like you, caring for others before yourself, your natural healer" she said smiling as she gave Ginger a light hug noticing a seat behind her she made it slid behing her, so Ginger could sit down on it if she wanted. "And it's a beautiful wand too, suits you," she said and looked to Anise "You're next Anise, I wonder what yours will be? " she said looking at her with a warm smile as she gave her a light hug too. "We can go to Sparks after for lunch and then after we'll go to see Clive and Diana for your fitting," she said looking around the shop. Seeing no sigh of trouble she relaxed as she watched the assistant move along the rows of wand boxes as he searched among them for the perfect want for Anise.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:40 am

It took a very long time to find the wand for Anise, so long in fact that Anise was out of patience. She wanted to leave, believing there was no wand for her. Every wand she picked up, reacted negatively to her and she was believing that she wasn't supposed to have a wand at all.

Finally, from the back, an old man got up and walked out from the very back of the shop. The man had spent his entire life, it seemed, inside these four walls, and he knew every wand on every shelf,, and he'd made a good many of them himself. It was Gareth Ollivander himself, still here, even at his old age.

"That one," he told the young clerk, pointing at a box that was so old that the label had yellowed and fallen off the box decades ago. The clerk looked at him, and Ollivander nodded. The clerk looked at Ollivander as is he had taken all leave of his sense, but he went up the ladder, fetched the box, having to hold the box together because even the box was falling apart.

Ollivander looked at Anise, who was skeptical, watching this decrepit and tattered old box being brought down the ladder.

"Don't let the box fool you," Ollivander told her. "This wand has been waiting on the shelf for a very long time, and I think it very well might have been waiting for you." He took the lid off the box. "Try it," he said. She picked up the wand, and the moment she picked it up, there was a shining image of a large pair of wings that seemed to shoot out of the wand and wrap protectively around her like a shield.

"As I thought," he smiled. "It waited for you." She looked at the wand. It was a warm, caramel colored wood that seemed to have a natural swirling pattern to the grain, and around the wand was carved a set of gem studded wings, gems in that were clear like diamonds, shimmering silvery black, caramel colored gold-ish stones, and bright red. The handle was a carving of an eagle.

"The gemstones are hematite, which is a protective stone, herkimer diamond, which is a stone for power and for protection and healing, black tourmaline, to send negative energies back towards the person who cast them, and red carnelian for courage and strength. The wood is rowan, a very strong protective wood, and the core is dragon heartstring, again, for power.

"This wand will not be able to be wielded effectively by just anyone, and certainly never by a dark arts user. This wand is the wand of a warrior. You will unquestionably grow into it. If you'd have gone to Hogwarts, I'd have remembered you. And its too bad, too. You'd have made a very fine Gryffindor."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:55 am

Ruby looked at the person who had walked out from the back of the shop " Mr Olivander" she said smiling "Good to see you again" she said as she watched his motion to the assistant who then brought down an old box. Ruby knew that the box meant that it had been with them for ages waiting and she smiled as Anise took it out. Stepping back she watched as she saw the wings wrap around Anise and she smiled braoder at her. "So true to your nature, you are a warrior," she said smiling proudly at her at seeing and hearing Mr Olivanders words to Anise Ruby smiled.

"she would have made a great Griffindor, Both of them, but they are both currently being home-schooled by Robert Lupin himself," she said proudly to him. She looked at Anise and Ginger "it's a big day to get your wands, and to have Mr Olivander himself present it, wow that's a once a lifetime event." she said and leant closer to Anise "Even I didn't get that " she chuckled " but never the less I'm proud of both of you, you both have the perfect wands but remember what Robert said." she said " use them responsibly and never in anger" she said then paused " or something like that, now lunch, you both earned it."

Opening the door she let them step out into the warm sunshine then she joined them walking down she could see them admiring their wands as they walked towards Sparks for lunch " So have you decided what you'd like to spend your galleons on?" she asked passing Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes with jokes and things in the window.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:44 pm

"Ms. Tyler," he nodded. He remembered people better than most because he remembered the wands they'd bought, and no one knew wands better than Gareth Ollivander. He listened to Ruby's comment that both girls would have made good Gryffindors. "No, no," he said. "That one there," he nodded towards Ginger, "would have been a wonderful Hufflepuff. A good many healers have come from that noble house. So, they're staying with the Lupins, are they? Good for them. They should have some interesting opportunities, then. When you see Rob, tell him I should have that wand done for him perhaps by the end of next week. She's coming along rather nicely. I'm out of wand holsters right now, but I have more ordered. I could send a couple along to you when they come in if you like."

"Do you want me to throw out the box?" he asked Anise.

"No, I think not," Anise said. "She's lived in that box for a lot of years. I wouldn't want someone throwing out the only home I had ever had." He smiled at her.

"A good choice," he told her, putting the box into a paper bag for her and handing it to her.

When they walked outside, and Ruby asked them what they wanted to spend their money on, they both just shrugged.

"Hadn't really thought about it," Anise said. "Maybe I'll buy a chocolate bar."

Angus was sipping on some tea and just resting while the baby slept. Nigel and Marcus had stepped up to take care of her for a bit while Edward and Simone had gone to visit one of the local farm markets to check out some of the spring produce. It was a fairly warm day, but Marcus had wrapped her in a white, open weave blanket anyway just to keep some of the draft off her while she slept.

It was then, while Angus was alone with Marcus and Nigel that there came a disruptive, loud pounding on his door. Nigel answered it only to find four armed aurors there.

"Angus Donohue?" one of them asked.

"No, I'm one of his healers," Nigel said, already sensing he needed to be at the ready for this. Nigel's change in his tone of voice alerted Marcus that something wasn't right. "What do you gentlemen want?"

"We have a warrant for his arrest for the murder of Caleb Green and Jake Shaw, found dead on your property this morning..." one of the aurors said.

"What?" Nigel frowned. "That's impossible. He was right here. He's had a most serious surgery two days ago, and he's been right here at home with round the clock nursing staff since his surgery..." The aurors weren't in the mood to listen, and they pushed past Nigel and found themselves facing Marcus's wand. Marcus had it aimed straight at them. Angus was far more concerned for Caprice than he was for himself so he took a bit of the blanket and draped it over her face so that she could still breathe but wouldn't be seen by the aurors.

"Stand down, whoever you are, or we'll arrest you as an accessory," one of the aurors told Marcus.

"Well, you could certainly try," Marcus said, unyielding. One of the aurors fired at Marcus, and Marcus and Nigel immediately returned fire, causing a battle to begin. Angus's heart raced, fearing that a stray shot would hit the baby.

"Stop!" Angus shouted. "Hold your fire! I'll go. I'll go with you. Nigel, find Robert. Tell him what's happened. Marcus, you take care of things here. I'll go. It's better that way." He wanted Marcus to protect the baby. Wearing only a pair of pajama bottoms, Angus got up out of bed, and they handcuffed his good hand to the hand that was in the shoulder sling. Before Angus could say one more word, they apparated out with him.

Nigel looked at Marcus.

"You know, i have often been accused of being an unreasonable man," Nigel said to Marcus. "Now they are about to find out just how unreasonable I can actually be. You find Robert. I have a few markers of my own I'm going to call in."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:07 pm

Ruby listened to Mr Olivander and smiled "Ah okay, a Hufflepuff" she said and smiled " I was a Ravenclaw." she said to Ginger then stayed quiet as Anise was given the box as was Ginger. Listening to them as they stood in front of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes she saw another shop she knew Ginger might like, "Okay what about Flourish and Blotts they have some good books in there but there are some small stalls we could look at too2 She said and looked at the window of the joke shop.

Moving down the alley she looked at the stalls seeing a small knitted cardigan that would be perfect for Caprice and she moved to the stall holding it she felt it warm and perfect so placed some galleons down and the so the woman wrapped it for her and she paced it in her bag.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top