A Birth day - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 8 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:16 pm

Ruby smiled as Angus kissed her back then rested her head on his chest as she too smellt something eminating from Caprice . When he took over she smiled again and nodded and chuckled at his comment of the garden hose. "wow okay, its fine with me didn't know a smell like that could come from one so small." she said watching as the two most preshious people in the world to her headed up the stairs.

Moving she dished up the dinner for them both and set it on the table. She would wait for him to return she wanted their meal to be one with the newest member of their family. Taking some fake candles she set them on the table and turned them on smiling a she sw how they looked. "there's clean onsies in the draw by the changing table " she called up to him but she also knew he'd know that since he put them their.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:44 pm

"Yeah, these first diapers can look and smell pretty toxic, that's for sure," he laughed.

Unhappy as Caprice was with a bath, it didn't take Angus long to clean up the baby, and he soon had her in a fresh diaper and in a pink sleeper with a print of white bunnies. He wrapped her in a fresh swaddling blanket, and he cleaned up what little mess there was in the Moses basket before putting her in the basket and bringing her back downstairs.

"If I had to judge how much she weighs now based just by what was in that diaper, I'd say she'd have to weigh about a pound and a half now," he teased, "but she's clean again til the next time. She's not happy with me right now, but she'll get over herself. She should be fine until we're through with supper. Then we'll need to feed her again, I'm sure." He put the basket on the floor between his chair and Ruby's. Finn came over and looked in the basket, smelled the baby and then laid down on the floor next to the basket, laying his head on the side of the basket so he could just lay beside her and look at her.

"I think we're safe to eat now. Looks like Finn has it figured out and he's taking his turn taking care of her," Angus said. "Good boy, Finn. Keep an eye on her." He sat down at the table and saw she's put out some candles. "Nice touch. I'm glad you thought of it. Now, let's eat while it's quiet.

"You know," Angus said. "I'm going to have to send some some notes out to some of our friends and some of my family about Caprice. Sergio and Ana will definitely want to know, and so will the entire Donohue clan, not that new babies are generally a huge thing with some of them. What sets her apart is the fact that my reputation in the family is the one that is the least likely to have ever settled down and started having kids. That will be what surprises them. I might see if Robert or Kate has a quick quotes quill and see if I can set it to writing the notes to my family since there will be so many of them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:55 pm

Ruby smiled seeing Angus and a fresh Caprice return she could not help but chuckle at his comment " awe " she said smiling then watched Finn settle beside the bassinette on the floor " seems she has her guard dog" she said and sat at the table " I can feed her once we're finished if you want to talk to Robert, and well you have and you haven't, I'm not going to stop you do what you love, working with Robert to save those kids, now we have our own, I realize now its more important than ever to close Geldings operations" she looked at the sleeping Caprice " I would not wish that on any child, and besides your settling down is because you feel you can now." she said taking his hand in her own.

Eating she found the food was just what she needed not realizing just how much energy she used with giving birth but the food certainly gave some of it back. Once finished she sat now happy and content as she looked at Angus. " I'll send letters to the boys with pictures attached while you notify your family, I can help once I've done the boy's letters too, but I do think we should do that tomorrow as today has been a long and exhausting one with Ralph making an appearance." she said "If I can I'll do the night feeds," she said then glanced at a tin of formula on the counter and a bottle warmer that Kate brought over.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:28 pm

"You're right, of course. I really did feel like I could stop living my life alone. There were parts of my bachelor life that I really did like, but, in a lot of ways it was empty. I was busy as heck, but my whole life was about work. Most days I worked 20 hours a day or more. I guess I rather closed myself to thinking I could have a family of my own because I didn't see my job as allowing me to have time for a family. Robert had been trying to get me to make some changes for a long time, working fewer hours, hiring on some extra help, all of that, but I really didn't see the need for it. Then, when you and the boys came into the picture, Robert just went ahead and altered my job so that I could actually have time for myself and for building a family. He didn't ask me if that was what I wanted, which was probably wise. He just made the changes that really should have happened a long time ago so that I actually have time for something other than work. What a novel concept, right?" He laughed a little that he had been so tunnel visioned into work that he had never taken time for anything else.

"I mean, think about it. We're coming up on our one year anniversary of knowing each other, and things are 180 degrees different from where it was a year ago. I'm hoping that in the next year, you do go back for more training and that you do get your confidence back and start to go on some missions again. I want you to be able to do anything and everything you want to do."
He tucked into his filet mignon. It was grilled perfectly. He loved the spices he put on it. There was a smoked paprika base to the grilling spices Zoe had made, and then she had charcoal grilled it. It was delicious, one of the best steaks he'd ever had. He was surprised when he tried the mashed potatoes that Zoe had added cheese to them--a white cheddar, some gruyere, some parmesan, and some ricotta for creaminess. She had used Mayan Gold potatoes so they had a buttery look to them anyway, but the butter and the cheese made them rich and flavorful.

"This is one of the best steak suppers I've ever had," he said. "You know what's going to happen. We're going to eat until we're comfortably full, and then we're going to want to turn in early and get a good night's sleep, and our new five pound noisemaker is going to have other plans."

"You're certainly welcome to feed her," Angus told Ruby. "I've already sent letters to the boys with pictures while you were sleeping earlier. I expect we'll hear from them by morning if not sooner. Remember, they made me promise that they could come home for the weekend on the first weekend after the baby came, so I expect they may want to come home tomorrow late afternoon as soon as their classes are finished for the week. I probably should have asked someone if they wanted to come along with me to go get them at King's Cross.

"Formula is still pretty easy at this point," he told her. "It's just one scoop of powder to 2 oz. of water. You handle it however you like but, personally, I might try adding an additional fourth of a scoop and another half ounce of water because she has not been entirely satisfied with just two ounces. I added another half an ounce to her last bottle, and she was a lot more settled with it. We can always end the feeding sooner and choose not to give it to her than to frustrate her because she wants a few more sips. As far as the nighttime feedings, you do what you're up to. If you're too tired or not up to it, just let me know. I don't know how you feel, so you're going to have to let me know what you want to do or what you need help with."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:06 am

Ruby listened to Angus talking and smiled silently as she listened to him she could not faulter his words as she sat glancing to the bassinet sat close by them. " I agree but right now a baby need its mother and so for I think six months I'm not going any where, but Im not stopping you , if you want to go on missions" she said and smiled " I know being in the thick of it makes you happy and you coming home will make us happy" . " she said as she ate and listened more to him Talking , she could not help admire his enthusiasum in his voice as he spoke then chuckled " I haven't forgot its been a whole year and , yes things didn't work out quite the way it should but think everything that has happened is ,was and will be a blessing."

Eating she hummed at the full on flavors that asaulted her taste buds as she ate " your right its marvelus, but I do agre with the slight increes of fomula, if shes asking for it who ae we to not give it to her while shes stil young and growing." pausing she heard him talk of feeding at night and she chukled " well I'll be doing magority when your not here so my sleping pattern will alight to her needs, no point in us both being out of it" she said smiling as she looked at him threw her lashes.

Hearing that the boys had already been informed Ruby relaxed " thank you, I wonder if they have found any secrets at hogwarts yet, I belive theres a passage way to honeydukes some where, I could never find it, though I was only a huffie at the time." she chuckled " I remeber peeves woke me with a screech one night and I threw a book at him, it flew right threw him and landed on my room mate who proceeded to chase him out of the room." she heard a gurgle come from the bassenet but stayed in her chair as Caprice cooed then settled again.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:36 pm

"I am certainly not begrudging you your maternity leave--not at all, but I much prefer the way the States does leave. Maternity leave is only 12 weeks there, and that's shorter than here, but--they also have paternity leave that is the same length as the length of the mother's leave. They firmly believe dads are just as important as the moms. The way it goes here, dads are largely cut out of being part of their children's lives right from the bloody start. I'm sorry, but it just isn't right or fair either one. One or two weeks. What sort of crap is that, really, except old stereotypical thinking that a man's place is just to be the breadwinner while the mom should handle the raising of the kids. Apparently, we're supposed to just get out of the way and let you lot just handle it all by yourselves," he sighed. "I'm sure you and I will manage it just fine, though."

"Oh," he said, when she mentioned the secrets at Hogwarts. "Yeah. The one eyed witch passage. I found out where that was purely because of who I hung out with. I hung out with Khaat and Brian because we were all Gryffindors. And--remember who Khaat's godfather is--Michael Tremaine, and Michael learned it from Robert and Remus and Sirius. So, of course, he told Khaat and Brian where it was, and we definitely used it more often than McGonagall knew.

"It's up on the third floor in the castle, in the hallway that leads to Gryffindor tower. There is a statue of a one eyed witch that is a humpback. It takes a spell to open the passage, but its the hump on the witch's back that is the opening to the passage. That leads to a slide that is a heck of a great slide that takes you from the third floor all the way down to a tunnel below the basement level. And then, it takes about a hour to walk the distance of the tunnel, where you come up into the basement of Honeydukes. That passage wasn't a well known thing back in our school days either, but Michael had mad skills at getting into and out of places even way back when he was a student.

"In fact, I remember the first time I met Michael," he laughed. "We had slipped out of the school one evening when we were supposed to be studying, and we took the tunnel to Honeydukes. We came up through the tunnel to the Honeydukes cellar and went upstairs, and the first thing I saw was this guy who was standing at the fudge counter. I walked up to the fudge counter beside him, and the only thing I saw was that several big thick slices of chocolate fudge seemed to just vanish before my eyes. I was standing right beside him, and I didn't see how the heck he did it. Then Khaat introduced him, and I just made a guess that he'd swiped that darned fudge. Now, I've learned he does, in fact, swipe the fudge. Marcus's dad owns Honeydukes now, and he knows exactly what Michael does, and he just bills him for it.

"I have no idea if the boys know about that passage out of the school yet, but if there are any Weasleys at Hogwarts now, they're surely in Gryffindor, and there's every chance that Sam and Victor might know about it. I look at it like this--if they'd used it and gotten caught, they'd have gotten in trouble, and we'd have been notified of it. So either they don't know about it, or they've been clever enough to not get caught. I'm fine with them knowing about it as long as they're not acting like little idiots with it."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:57 pm

Ruby smiled at his enthusiastic words and nodded " I agree the babys needs dad too and they need to bond just as much as the mum does , I agree with you" she said smiling . When he spoke of the passage she nodded "oh yes it does I don't rember the spell you had to whisper to it but I had a lot of fun and full pockets too." she listened as he spoke of Robert and the other " I rember there being a small room tht was off limits , right at th top of the three broom sticks , everytime I asked the proprietess said it was reserved."

She listened as she finished her food about his meeting Michael and laughed at the story " Im glad you met each other, hes a good guy even if he is a master theif." she said chukaling soflty while smiling at Angus. " I also rember that the snow when it fell in Hogsmead made the place even more magical." she smiled glancing and pulling the tiny blanket slightly up on Caprice as she slept.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:40 am

"Well, you're right. There is a rather permanently reserved room at the Three Broomsticks, and I honestly think it's rather informally permanently reserved by the Ministry. I'm not sure why they keep it such a bloody big secret, but it makes sense to me to have a room near the school that they could access at the drop of a hat, after all, the distance between Hogwarts and the Ministry offices is roughly 500 miles, not something that they can just apparate to. It's too far. They could portkey to it, and I'm sure they do. I portkeyed to Hogsmeade a number of times when I was an auror. That room came up one time in conversation over at the main house a couple years ago, while Robert was still minister. What I remember, specifically, was that neither Robert nor Michael made any comment at all. They avoided any sort of comment, and they would know, if anyone would. They both have a boatload of secrets, though, that they just never tell. I just have presumed that since they didn't respond, we were right that the ministry does use that room. Brian and I tried to sneak in there one night when we had both had one too many firewhiskeys, but that door is enchanted to not open, not even to an alohamora spell."

He finished his meal, and he cleared the table and rinsed his dishes and put them in the sink and started a washing up spell to clean the kitchen. Then he set tea and coffee in the pots to simply turn on in the morning to brew. He let Finn out for a quick trip out, and he stepped out on the porch for a moment and felt the breeze and studied the sky for a bit. He felt the wind picking up a bit, and he could feel some cold moisture in the air and saw a flash of lightning in the distance. He watched for Finn to finish his business and then whistled for him. Once Finn was inside, Angus secured the door.

"We're going to get a storm. It's blowing down from the northeast. I think the temperature is going to drop because the wind is getting colder. It might be a good night to light the fireplace upstairs when we go up. It will keep the chill out of the room," he told her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:47 am

Ruby nodded and chuckled as he spoke " guess we'll never know" she said simply as he cleared away the plates from the table. " thank you" she said simply as she watched him move to let Finn outside. Looking down at Caprice she could not comprehend that a few hours ago she was not even born and now there she lay quietly sleeping without a care in the world, but Ruby would not have her any other way.

Ruby looked up as Angus returned and locked the door mentioning a storm brewing " that can't be good for the animals" she said and set a note to Jessie to make sure everything at the barn was locked tight just incase. Once done she moved to the couch levitating the bassinet to set close beside her " so we should put more wood on the fire to keep this place warm, then if you want we could just have a quiet snuggle in front of it?" she said with a chuckle and a cheeky smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:04 am

"Sounds fine to me," he replied to her. He added more wood to the fire, checking the pile of wood to make sure he didn't need to bring more inside before it rained. "I think we have enough inside to get us through til morning. Then we'll have to restock it tomorrow." He checked the clock and then made up a fresh bottle for Caprice and doublechecked it before he gave it to Ruby. "I presume you'd like to feed her? I realize she's happy at the moment, but she should probably eat pretty soon. Besides, then she'll sleep for a couple of hours, and that leaves us to some time to ourselves."

"I promised Lizzy I'd try to help her come up with a couple new spring desserts for Sparks, so maybe I'll try to design something tomorrow. She's been sort of out of ideas. I think we all go through that at some time or another when we would like to be original and creative and it just isn't happening. So I'll try to come up with something and lend her a hand. There's a fruit in Tuscany that's in season this time of year called a loquat. It's a kind of fruit that has a really different taste. Imagine a blend of apricot, peach, and plum. That's basically what a loquat tastes like. I might try to make a loquat tart or a loquat cake, maybe. Maybe with a fresh honey ice cream. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top