LONDON CALLING - Page 93
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 93 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 93 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:00 am

"The player with a letter that is the closest to the beginning of the alphabet plays first," Michael said. "Won't be me, I'm afraid. I've got an F. That's as good as I've got."

"I've got an E," Angus said.

"Well, and I've got an O," Brian laughed. "What have you got, Jessie?"

Edward had come over to see what Ruby was still working at. It was late. He hadn't seen her for quite awhile.

"Are you still working?" he called out as he made his way through his half of the house towards the door that connected both halves. "I bet you don't know what time it is. It's almost ten o' clock. It's fine to stop for one night. Did you even get supper tonight?" He found her in the kitchen. "I realize you're excited about this house, and I know you miss him. Put it down for the night. Come back to the house, get something to eat. And then we'll discuss what you want to tackle tomorrow. I think the others would like to pitch in and help and see what they can help us do over the next few days. So, let's make a game plan. What do you say?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:11 am

Jessie looked at his tile and sighed " M" he said flipping it over to show them " all right angus you start" he said letting them take their tiles then he took his own. " darn it" he said softly looking at the tiles infront of him. He waited for Brain or Michael to place their tiles first. He looked at his tiles trying to make a word out of them, he had Letters WERVD " hum...dev, dew, red, rev, wed. " he said softly as he thought. He came up with nothing that would give him any strong words.

Leaning back he sighed his arms folded as he waited and thought more on the letters he had.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:22 am

"Hm...Me, huh? Okay, just a minute." He thought about it and then he laid down a word. "Orange." Michael accio'd paper and a pen, and he wrote down everyone's names and wrote down the score for "Seven points. Next?"

Michael looked at the letters and laid down two letters. He laid a B beside Angus's O, and an X on the other side of the O. "Box. Eleven points. Your turn, Jessie."

"Simone's fixing us all a snack," Edward told Ruby. "She's making some pizza rolls--basically egg rolls stuffed with pizza stuff instead of Asian vegetables. They're actually pretty tasty. Come and get some."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:31 am

Jess watched the others when Michael placed his to make box Jessie thought for a moment. Then he placed a W and an E with michaels B to make Web." that okay?" he asked looking at them all.

Ruby heard Edward and smiled " alright, oh take alook in the box, some of those are for your garden, hope there okay." she said placing it beside him I found Asphodel, ditteny and wormwood." she said as she walked to the Edwards side of the duplex.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:08 pm

"Web--seven points," Michael charted. "Looks good. Your turn, Brian." Brian looked over his letters and laid down four tiles above the b that Michael had laid.

"Climb," Michael said, "8 points. So, at the end of round one, we're all close in points, so its still anybody's game. You know, Ruby might like port since she likes sweet wines, and port is certainly a sweet, fruity dessert wine."

"She might," Angus said. "Where is that port out of, Michael? It's very good."

"This one is a vintage port out of Portugal," Michael replied, looking at the label.

"I might have to order some for your cellar, Brian," Angus replied. "I think Robert would like it."

"Robert?" Brian frowned. "The heck with Robert. I'd like it in my cellar." They laughed.

"I'll do it as soon as we get back, then," Angus said.

"On a serious note, you know the Romanian mountains better than we do. Is there any hazards we need to know about?"

"The section of mountains we need to go to has had a long history of wizards living there. Muggles are afraid of them because their legends say those wizards are dragon riders. I think there probably still are a few who are dragon riders, but since dragons are so bloody unpredictable, I don't know that there are a lot of riders left. A lot of the wizards in the mountains are alchemists since the mines provide such a rich variety of materials for alchemists to work with. And they tend to be more hermit-like in terms of personality. They can be crusty old buggars and tough negotiators.

"And of course, then there are the vampire communities there. They tend to be even more reclusive, and since the region is known by muggles to have a rich vampire history, there are always muggles going on some sort of a supernatural being hunt to try to prove that vampires exist. that gives the vampires a rather hostile attitude with any strangers.

"And, of course, in the mountains, you always have mountain trolls to contend with--and feral dragons, and bloody nasty graphorns, Erklings--they are partial to the taste of human flesh by the way, hags, poisonous streelers, chimeras, ghouls, banshees, basilisks...are you sorry you asked yet?"

"Yes, actually," Brian scowled. "So is it even safe to camp in the mountains?"

"No. It isn't. It's exceptionally dangerous. If we can find an inn, the better off we'll be. And if we can't find an inn and we have to camp out, we need to sleep in shifts because after dark, we become very enticing food sources."

"I have no intention of being on something's supper menu, so just get that straight right now," Michael said. "This is why you don't like Romania, isn't it?"

"It's certainly part of it. Once you're in the mountains, you're never safe until you're out of it again. You need to have eyes all over your head, and you need to be bloody fast. So, if you can do that, and never need to eat, sleep, or use the loo, then it should be a piece of cake."

"Did Robert know all this when he sent us?" Brian asked.

"Yes. He did. I know he's been there before, and he and Edward talked at length about it."

"And he sent us anyway. Does he think you're ready to do this mission, given your shoulder and your ribs?"

"No. He told me he knows I'm not ready. I just never said anything because if Ru knew, she'd have been frightened out of her mind. And that was completely unacceptable in my book for me to let her live with that sort of fear every moment of every day until we get back."

"Answer me honestly, then," Michael looked at him. "Do you honestly expect to return from this mission?"

"I expect you lot to. Yes," Angus said. "As for myself, not necessarily. I very much hope to, though, but I'm a realist. The odds for me to return are significantly less for me than for you."

"Well, then, hear me well," Michael said in a firm, determined tone. "I don't specialize in extraction for nothing. I'm damned good at what I do, and I have never, never failed a mission. I've never left a man behind, and I'm not about to start now. We came together, and we'll all go back together. And I already know that Brian and Jessie are in full agreement. We've got you covered. We're going to get these damned rocks and go home-all of us. You got that?"

"Yes. Thank you," Angus said.

Edward heard Ruby mention the plants, so he went to the box and looked at the bedding plants she had bought. "You've done well. Those are very healthy looking plants. I can't wait to get them in. If the weather holds, I might plant some of them early in the morning. I've always thought that gardening was best done at first light while its still cool out and the ground is still soft. You did a great job putting in plants, but let's go. Come one. Enough for one day. Nox!" He used wandless magic to turn out the lights in the duplex. He slipped his arm around her shoulder in a fatherly gesture, not wanting her to stay any longer. "Come. It's time to go."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:32 pm

Jessie sat and listened to them talk about the dangers that awaited them on the mountain and what could happen. He thought about it and chuckled if he could get threw this he could get threw anything. He knew it would ut all of his trainning to the test even his marine servival trainning. " well im up for it, danger or not." he said leaning abck in his seat waiting for them to say something. He'd been in worse places, bomb craters in afganistan and swamps too, hes trainning had been brutal but he had got past that and he knew he had someone waiting for him once it was all done. Yet being in the marines he had nobody but Ruby.

"so next word, whose turn is it now?" he asked looking at his remaining latters. He reatched out and took a tile since he could not make a word yet.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:04 pm

"Well, you've been training with us long enough now that I am not worried about you," Brian told Jessie. "You'll do fine. We have a good team. If we weren't able to handle those obstacles, we wouldn't be here. What's the schedule for tomorrow, Michael?"

"We'll be arriving in Budapest just before supper time tomorrow. The train should pull into the station by about 7 pm. So, my thought is that we should find a hotel, and since Budapest is a major city, we'll have our pick of things that are more contemporary in decor, and some things that are more traditional. I'm sure there will be some bed and breakfasts we could check out if we wanted to go even smaller. My thought is that we should get something that has a good rating with a good in house restaurant, and then get checked in, get dinner ordered and then see what we need to do about securing a car for part of the way the next morning."

"That shouldn't be an issue," Angus said. "We might be able to just hire a driver to take us as far as we can go. Remember some of the mountains are prime tourist attractions for muggle paranormal hunters as well as athletes that are looking for some hiking and climbing opportunities. There will surely be drivers that will take us to some of the smaller villages. We might be able to take a car as far up as we can get towards the more remote places we need to go.

"Then, I would think we could take donkeys for a part of the way. The rest of it, we'll have to go on foot. If we're smart, we'll stop for the night at the last possible inn that we can find before we have to start going on foot. We should stay the night, make sure we have everything we need, and then start on foot early in the morning. That will be the day we do the hiking and probably the climbing. I don't know if we'll find somewhere to spend the night. We'll have to see when we get there. We might be able to negotiate with the miners to stay either in their camp or near it for protection. And then, I would guess, the next day we'll be putting it all in reverse and repelling what we climbed, hiking back down and getting donkeys to take back towards some of the lower altitude villages to rent a car to go back to Budapest. That should take two full days to get back from the mine to Budapest. Two days up, and two days back. Then, after a night in Budapest, we'll board the train for another 36 hours to get back to London."

"I think it's my turn," Angus said. He examined his letters. Then he laid out five letters, using the x in box as the last letter for his word. "Teabox," he spelled. "Seven points. Next? Michael?"

Michael decided to build on the word box. He laid down three letters in front of box to spell "toybox."

"Toybox. 6 points," Michael said. "Brian?"

After some thought, Brian laid down five letters, using the T from Michaels's toybox. "Toffee. Eleven points. Okay, Jessie, it's back to you again."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:46 pm

Jessie looked at his letters and and sighed "hum, I got nothing" he said and took another tile " clearly im not good at this" he said and shufled the tiles he had and fell back in his chair " no wonder Ruby won so much, guess Im action not stratagy " he told them as he looked down at the tiles in front of him. along He listened to them talk about the arangmets and nodded becuse he had nothing to add he was there to help if it was needed and suport the others and Angus.

He yawned and looked to Michael " okay Im out, sorry guys, its been a long day for me," he said placing his tiels back in the pile " I'll see you in the morning" he stood up and headed back to the sleeper cabin. Changing into his pj's he jumped and lay on the top bunk thinking about what they had said. His mind working on diferent senarios and how to counter them but he knew every one would be needed.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:58 pm

"He's right, you know. It is getting late, and tomorrow could be a long day when we get into Budapest," Michael said, pouring the last of the wine into their three glasses. "I'll take my wine and go. Thank you both for an enjoyable evening. Shall we call this game a draw?"

"Sure," Brian said. "Goodnight, Michael." Michael went to his room too, and Brian changed their compartment back to its normal size while Angus cleaned up the game and shrank it and put it away. They both changed for bed, and then got into bed. They both had the same idea and read a couple chapters of their books before turning out the lights. They both had the same need, to leave the curtains open so they could see the stars as the train continued down the tracks.

Angus was up first, and he had showered and shaved and gotten dressed before Brian woke. He ordered breakfast for Brian and him. Breakfast on the train was always continental--French croissants, muffins, jams and cream cheese and butter, fruit salad, juice and coffee or tea. Angus had requested a newspaper and a list of the recommended hotels in Budapest. It all came at the same time, just right when Brian was waking.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:07 am

Jessie woke and dropped to the floor changing into jeans and a tee and his combat boots he packed his things back into his duffel bag then waitied for Michael to wake. He'd laid awake well after Michael returned and thought about what he was getting into, now he wanted it done so they could all get back. "Good Morning Michael" he said as he waited.

Ruby nodded and looked at the plants " there the best I could get and yeah I can't want to get them on the ground too." she said then saw him turn off the lights and offer his arm. " all right, supper" she said walking with him " I have to say, that beds going to feel realy empty tonight." she told him " I miss him already"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top