LONDON CALLING - Page 85
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 85 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 85 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 85 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:54 am

"I can has this many?" Abbey held up three fingers to Jess, asking for just three books. She picked out the book on bowtruckles, a book about an enchanted doll house, and a book about Neville the Niffler.

"I've never heard of Neville the Niffler. Is he a new thing?" Mira asked. "They've got five different books on this Neville bloke. And look." She glanced up and saw a stuffed Neville toy. "Oh dear. I hope she doesn't decide she likes Neville, or we'll end up having him everywhere. Did you find your spell book, Jess?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:01 am

Jess looked at Abby and nodded " yes you can" she said seing the books she picked. Looking where Mira was looking she chuckled again " oh I hope not too" she said as she placed the books on the counter. The clerk smiled and rang them up.

"I'll put these on Mr Quinn's account" he said slipping them into a brightly colored bag for Abby. Jess heard Mira and shook her head " not yet." she said moving to look at some potions books " ah here we are" she said taking down a medium sized book with a red cover and gold lettering. She opened it and turned to a page with an image of a leaf on it " ah thats the potion," she placed it on the counter and paid for it.

Ruby pored Jack another cup and chuckled " you should be in the barn?" she asked and he shook his head.

"did that, there fed and mucking out isn't till later." he said " could you make some cinamom rolls?" he asked Ruby nodded her head and began making them.

"they'll take a while" she said " I have to wait till they rise before finishing them off." She saw the look on Jacks face, like a pouting child and went to the fridge taking out a cookie. "Here you go, have this till their done" she said chukling as she saw him smile and ehad to the back door.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:16 am

Abbey was thrilled to get the three books, and she started to talk to Fudge about the ice cream. Fudge was not interested in human food, but Abbey told him she had brought some food for him too. That definitely had his attention then. As Jess found her book, Mira found a large, thick book on knitting and crocheting--something she wanted to learn how to do. It had all sorts of instruction and wizarding photos and patterns for all sorts of things. She bought the book, hoping maybe someone could help her learn.

"Well, it looks like we all found some sort of a book," Mira said. "Now, are we going to Fortescue's for ice cream?" Abbey nodded enthusiastically.

When they arrived at Fortescue's, Mira was surprised to see Simone there buying a large container of ice cream that was being dipped up by hand for her.

"Simone!" Mira was excited. "What brings you here?"

"Edward promised we could watch a muggle movie tonight if I brought home some butterbeer ice cream, so I'm getting enough for everybody. But he has to make sure we have some popcorn and some sodas too. It isn't a movie without popcorn," Simone said. "What brings you three here?"

"Stickie want ice cream!" Abbey piped up.

"He does?" Simone laughed. Fudge shook his head and blew raspberries at the thought of ice cream. "Well, while they're packing my ice cream, how about I buy us all a scoop of ice cream? Whatever you like. My treat."

Michael had helped Angus find his mother's jewelry box and a few more pieces in a house safe. Michael used an accio spell in the house to make sure all the jewelry was gathered up and chucked in the box. Satisfied, Angus suggested they head home. Michael was more than happy to get back. They ported back to Brian's and sat down at the table.

"Sorry, Ru," Angus said. "I wanted to make sure I got it all."

"He had some wild hair that he had to find his mother's jewelry," Michael told Ruby. "But we're back safe and sound."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:27 am

Jess smiled at Simone and chuckled at Fudge blowing razzberrys at the thought of ice cream. " we all got books." she said holding up her bag to show her. " I wonder if Abby could make her cookie bowls again for the ice cream." Jess sugested as she watched the ice cream being scooped up " I belive Abby wants strawberry ice cream, am I right Abby?" she asked " I personaly love rocky road, it has marshmallows init." she said to Abby.

Ruby smiled seeing Angus back "Thats okay, Jack kept me compamy for a while and I showered and changed, oh I'm making cinnimon buns, per some ones request " she chuckled motioning to Jack who looked oblivious to what she'd said. She kissed Angus's cheek as she listened to Michael " thats understandable I wouldn't want my things just left around." she told them " and thank you for the note too." she said to Michael
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 am

Abbey nodded at the idea of strawberry ice cream. Simone bought the strawberry for Abbey, some rocky road for Jess, some lemon custard ice cream for Mira who had decided to try it on a whim, and some spumoni ice cream for herself.

"What a good idea. Abbey, your cookie bowls were so good. If we make some more, what flavor should we make these?" Simone asked.

"Peanut butter!" Abbey nodded.

"Peanut butter cookie bowls?" Simone looked up at Jess. "She might be right. With butterbeer ice cream, I bet it would be wonderful. And I know a recipe for a homemade hot caramel sauce for ice cream that we could drizzle over the top. How does that sound?" Abbey nodded. The man that was scooping out their bowls of ice cream handed Simone a tray with their ice cream on it, and Mira motioned them to a table so they could sit and eat.

"Abbey, don't forget, you brought a treat for Fudge," Mira said.

"I forgotted!" Abbey said. She got it out of her overall pocket and handed it to Fudge who chattered happily as he ate his treat.

"He said thank you," Simone told Abbey. "He's very happy. He's happy to be going out with you in your pocket, and he's happy you thought about a treat for him too. He says he likes being your friend."

"Me too, Stickee," Abbey giggled. "You wan' ice cream?" She looked at Fudge, and he shook his head.

"I think he likes his treat better," Simone smiled.

Angus listened to Ru saying she was making cinnamon rolls.

"That sounds good. Maybe we should just do some quick scrambled egg pita sandwiches for lunch with your cinnamon rolls," he suggested. "We could keep it simple."

"So what was important about the jewelry box?" Michael asked.

"I don't know yet. I just know I keep dreaming about it. I was hoping if I go through the jewelry, I might find the answer," Angus said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:47 am

Ruby smiled and nodded at Angus's sugestion " sounds great, simple is sometimes good." she said glancing at the jewlry box but saying nothing at Angus's dream she took out some pita bread and the eggs for scrambled eggs. " could it be the box or something in the box she's trying to get you to have?" she asked as she continued gathering the things for lunch.

Jess chuckled at Fudge as he took the treat and started to eat she was happy he was happy and that some one could talk to him giving him the chance to voice his opinion. Jess sat and ate her ice cream " thank you Simone for the ice cream and the peanut bowls sound perfect as long as nobodys illergic to peanuts."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:03 am

"In some places in America, they add all sorts of things to scrambled eggs--especially salsa," Angus said. "They add bacon, onion, sausage, bell pepper, cheese, just about anything that isn't nailed down, and then they top it all off with salsa.

"Yeah, they can to do that but they can't wrap their heads around baked beans or grilled tomatoes for breakfast," Michael teased. It made Angus laugh.

"You might be right, Ru. It could be the box, it could be a particular piece. It's hard to say." He opened the box and started to take some pieces out of the box one by one, and then he found a particularly odd looking piece. It was a pendant of some sort with an oval stone. It made him feel icy cold, as if he had just stepped out into a winter blizzard. He shivered hard involuntarily, and he noticed that the dark color of the stone seemed to perhaps be just an oval shaped glass bubble that held some sort of black liquid in it.

"Angus, put that thing down," Michael said, noticing that Angus had started to shiver since picking up the pendant. "Ruby, go find a blanket. That thing has some sort of bad juju." Michael took a pencil off the table and used it to take the pendant from Angus and drop it in the jewelry box, closing the lid quickly. "How much you wanna bet that's connected some of the other dark things that have been happening in your family?" Michael did not think this was coincidence at all.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:10 am

Ruby looked up as Angus spoke and she nodded " yeah, I heard that, but I think bacon and sausage sounds good." she chuckled but looked up as Michael spoke. She saw the pendant and how Michael took it from Angus droping it in the box again before closing the lid.

Moving to the back room she took a blanket from off the clean laundry and Draped it over Angus's shoulders as she rubbed them to warm him up. "If thats as bad as you say then maybe Robert should look at it, see if theres a way to get rid of the...bad juju, so he can keep the peice but it be safe." she said still with ehr arms around Angus. Poring a cup of coffee she plac3d it infront of Angus " here this will warm you."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:20 am

"Good idea," Michael said. "Or Gabe. One or the other. I think Gabe might be here. I'll go see if I can find him. Don't open that box til I get back, Angus."

"I've seen Kate and Khaat sometimes shiver if they come across something evil," Angus told Ruby, "but I'm not a seer. It doesn't make sense that it would affect me that way." He picked up the mug of coffee shakily and sipped on it.

Gabe came downstairs right away, carrying a pair of forceps, with Michael and he opened the box and took the necklace out with the forceps and held it up to the light.

"What is in that thing?" Michael asked.

"Blood, I think," Gabe said. "And I almost think, based on how he's reacting, that it might be his. But--I think someone at some point took some of his blood and contaminated it and then sealed some of it in the pendant. I think the plan was to eventually re-introduce it to him and contaminate him with whatever they did to this sample. I think it was enchanted and then sealed so it couldn't go bad, but I think they intended to use this against him. I'm going to have to find out what it was."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:27 am

Ruby listened and looked at the box "Maybe its keyed to dna?" she said softly when Gabe came down she watched as he picked it up with tongs. Holding it to the light she saw it swirl and shift inside it. " blegh, looks awful" she continued to rub his arms and shoulders. Hearing Gabe talk she listened "Can you get rid of it, but keep the pendant, its one of Angus's mothers and I think he'd want to keep it, minus the...as Michael calls it, bad juju." she asked hoping it would be possible as she didn't want Angus to lose anything else conected to his mother.

Ruby didn't eant to leave Angus but she had to finish cooking. Moving from Angus she stayed close to him watching as she continued to cook the scrambled egg pitta sandwiches.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 85 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top