LONDON CALLING - Page 44
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 44 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 44 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:06 am

"It's all delicious," Michael said. "I can't think of anything better for us all to sit down and tuck into as a family than just a simple comfort food meal. And, Marcus, thank you for making sure Angus got back to us safe and sound last night."

"Not a big deal. It's just what family does," Marcus said.

"Indeed, and a fine family it is, too," Edward said. "This is what family should be. Blood doesn't matter. Heart is the only thing that matters. Don't ever lose that."

"No chance of that," Brian said. "The bonds this team has are stronger than any blood bonds. That much I know."

"We are a solid family," Robert agreed. "And the idea Brian had this afternoon might well put us to the test. Brian has suggested that we do as much intelas we can, find out where all of Gelding's holdings, investments, properties and staff members are--every little piece if we can find it. And then, assemble the largest team we've ever had for one big mission to try to simultaneously strike those people and things and see how much we can wipe out without them having any time to warn each other.

"And, then, I think, we'd be in a position to take that same large team and do the biggest sweep we've ever done and rescue every single child we have any record of, and bring each one back that we can possibly find. That means we could have the biggest number of children that we've ever had to care for and to determine if we can return them home or if we need to find other placement for them. I think we'd have to have some in Paris, maybe some here and at Brians, and some in Colorado. And if we need another property, we'll get one. And--to do this, I might very well need to make each of you a leader of your own mission team, with your own set of tasks that might be very specialized according to your own strengths and abilities. And that's what I think we need to consider and discuss."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:25 am

Ruby and the others sat listening each nodding their head in agreement " good idea" Jessie said " intel will help determin the strongest of his operations and when best we can strike, maxamum effect minamum effort." Jessie said " use to use it in strikes in the marines." he said finishing his food and gathering his and Kadens plates before the others and taking them to the kitchen.

"I agree" Jess said " those children should be with family not on the market like cattle." Ruby agreed " we'll do all we can to give them a safe place." Jack placed down bowls and placed Micahels desert in the center of the table before he sat down and took a slice for himself.

"good desert Michael" he said smiling as he ate.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:39 am

"Well, that's precisely the idea," Robert said. "For example, I think I could have maybe Jess and Kaden lead a medical team that would float to wherever its needed. They're both very good at what they do, and they're excellent in emergency trauma situations.

"Michael could lead an extraction team to help get kids out," Kate said. "And several of you could lead your own team of fighters."

"We can figure out the specifics later, but, yes, that's the idea," Robert said. "I think we'll have to bring Kieran and Fiona and Owens and brief them long before we'd carry this out. We'll have to see what Daphne can help us with as far as extra operatives since a lot of this will be in France."

"I'm sure Lee Shepherd would loan us some Americans too," Nigel said.

"Us?" Robert looked at him, amused. "Becoming one of the team slowly but surely, aren't you?"

"Bite your tongue, Lupin," Nigel said. "It's only a figure of speech."

"Of course it is," Robert said with an amused grin.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:52 am

Jess and Ruby both chuckled to them selves at Nigel and Roberts banter " hes always been part of a team" Jess said teasingly " a team of one , now hes larning to be apart of a bigger team."

Ruby ate her own desert and gave a small yawn " oh, sorry guys, guess the days caught up." she chuckled and looked at Angus " hows the shoulder?" she asked " any better after your rest?"

Jack listened to the others talking and nodded " sounds perfect, Jessie and I can run interferance if needed." he said Jessie nodded
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:58 pm

Ruby's speaking to Angus interrupted his thought, and that wasn't a bad thing.

"It's better for the moment," he told her.

"It will wear off by midnight or so," Edward spoke up. "It's just a short acting potion."

"I have a better one," Robert said. "It's a new formulation that I haven't had a chance to try out yet. It's a new version of one of my heavier duty pain potions but I've been tinkering to try to reduce sleepiness and to increase duration of it, to make it more of a time release version. I'm hoping it lasts up to about twelve hours per dose."

"Nobody has a twelve hour pain potion," Nigel scowled at Robert. "Nobody makes one."

"I do," Robert told him. "I have a bottle downstairs in my lab right now."

"You're holding out on me, Lupin," Nigel said.

"Not intentionally. You didn't ask," Robert said. Nigel rolled his eyes at Robert.

"I think you should be a guinea pig for him and try it," Edward told Angus.

"Why not?" Angus said.

"You aren't the only one who's fading for the day, Ruby," Robert said. "I see a lot of people around this table who are starting to drag. Maybe we should all make it an early night since we were up all night last night."

"I don't think that will disappoint anyone," Kate said.

"So where is this new miracle potion of yours?" Nigel asked Robert.

"Kate, it's in the safe down there," Robert told her. "It's in the pink glass bottled. It's labeled PP12."

"Some sort of code?" Nigel asked.

"No. Pain Potion 12, for 12 hours. I just didn't want to write it all out."

"And why is it in a safe? Is that your version of a restricted section?"

"More or less," Robert laughed.

"I'm going with you. I want to see all his restricted potions," Nigel said.

"That makes two of us," Edward said. Both of them got up and went downstairs with Kate.

"It isn't going to do them any good, you know," Robert laughed after they were gone.

"Because all the labels are abbreviated, aren't they?" Khaat asked, knowing how her father worked with experimental potions.

"Yup. And I hope they're not into just thinking they can work it out by smelling it or tasting it because some of them aren't finished, and if they try taking them, some very interesting things could happen," Robert laughed.

"That'll be all kinds of interesting," Michael said, always interested in the mischievous. "There is a key to your code written somewhere, isn't there?"

"Nope," Robert said. Michael laughed even harder.

"And they'll turn the lab upside down looking for it," Michael said.

"That'll keep 'em busy for awhile, then," Robert said. "Let's table the rest of this discussion, and I'll contact Daphne and Lee and see what other operatives i can drum up. For now, most of us have been up all night, and we're all running low on energy. I think we should all head to bed and get a good night's sleep. Angus, do take the potion upstairs with you and take it once you get into bed for the night in case it makes you sleepy quicker than I think it should. And let me know in the morning if it works for you."

"Will do," Angus said.

"I'll take Abbey with me and put her to bed before I join you," Kate told Robert. "She's almost asleep in her high chair."

"Okay," Robert said. He bid them goodnight and headed for bed, and several others followed by bidding goodnight and leaving the dining room themselves. Khaat and Brian took it upon themselves to finish clearing the dining room and setting spells in place to do the washing up.

Nigel came upstairs with Robert's potion bottle and poured Angus a dose of it according to the instructions on the bottle. Angus told Nigel that Robert recommended Angus take it upstairs with him before he actually take it. Nigel agreed and said he would catch up with Angus in the morning.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:12 pm

Ruby nodded seeing the others just as tired as she was. When Robert spoke of a pain potion that lasted twelve hours she smiled " I'll make sure he takes it while in bed." she told him while she accioed a glass of water to take up stairs. Jess and Jack finished clearing the table and set everything washing, Jessie left for his patrol and Jack checked all doors and windows were locked including Abbys room, that one he checked twice for her and under her bed.

"No monsters here Abby." he said sweeping his arm under it before standing and hedeing to the door. Jess looked at Kate and Abby as she entered her room.

"sleep well Abby, and you to Kate" she said smiling as Jack joined herat the door then moved into the room.

Ruby carried the water to their room and set it down on the night stand. She showered and changed into her pj's then went to the bed to wait for Angus to join her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:25 pm

Angus came upstairs and set the potion on the dresser and managed to get cleaned up without overly soaking the dressing on his shoulder. It had taken some doing but he had managed it. He had gone without the sling while he cleaned up, and he decided he didn't want to fiddle with it tonight. So he had left it in the bathroom deliberately.

"You should be asleep. You've had a long, long day," he told her, wearing just a simple pair of sleep shorts. He sat down on the bed and stretched his legs out, glad the day was over. "I can't remember the last time I got to bed early. That just doesn't happen in this job. But if this stuff does anything weird, Robert and I will be having a talk, that's for sure." He took the potion, thinking it tasted dreadful, but if it helped, he would not complain, he decided.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:32 pm

Riby watched as Angus entered then washed up she chuckled as he spoke " I know but I wanted to wait for you," she said, she pulled a face as he took the potion and also pulled a face at the taste. "You won't be the only one talking to him if it does." She said slipping under the covers but leaving his side open so he could climb in beside her. "I thought it would be rare, but I just wanted to lay with you for a bit, I know we did this afternoon but its not the same as here." she patted the bed next to her.

Jessie moved around the perimater of the grounds meeting other men he spoke with them and made note what they said, mostly everything was fine. He then went to where the wolves were bedded and found two of the pups out playing. He smiled and went back to patrol

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:49 pm

He motioned for her to come and curl up with him as he settled in. Sometimes word weren't necessary.

"Well, you're right. There's something different about having time that is just ours alone," he replied. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of that. Ru, would it bother you if I took some time out from missions work? Maybe stay back a little and focus on the kitchen, maybe on the duplex...I don't know. Just a change of pace."

The truth was, he wasn't sure he wanted to ever face that sort of situation again. Not hanging by a tree root over what looked like a bottomless pit. He knew Robert would not let him back on a mission until he had use of both arms anyway, but still, it felt like pure cowardice to not want to go back out for a bit. What he wanted right now was what he had right here. All he wanted was a sense that he and Ruby had more time. And last night, it had felt like that was all gone. Now, at least for the moment, his priorities were a little different. Either that or he had, overnight, become a complete coward, and he wasn't sure which.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:56 pm

Ruby scooched over and wrapped her arms around his waist as she lay her head on his good shoulder. " if thats what you feel you need to do, then its okay with me." She looked up at him " We all need once in a while to step back just to recharge and heal, but I respect you for recognising you need to." she shifted so her leg rested over his " besides having you in the kitchen means there will be two hot things in it." she chuckled trying to relax him and make him laugh a little. " now, is that doing anything?" she asked softly.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top