LONDON CALLING - Page 65
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 65 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 65 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 65 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:50 am

When Marcus had gotten home with Robert, Nigel had merely levitated Robert to his room, and Kate had brought an ice pack for the big goose egg on the back of Robert's head. Nigel checked him carefully and added some different healing spells to try to bring him around quicker.

Kate went into the kitchen and made a huge stack of bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches and opened a big fresh bag of crisps and poured them into a huge bowl. She set up the sideboard, added plates, glasses, cups, and pitchers of lemonade. She brewed a huge pot of one of Robert's calming teas--this one flavored like warm chocolate hobnob biscuits. For Kate, it reminded her of biscuits and warm milk that her grandmother used to give Kate when she was little. It was home, and it was comfort.

She regretted she hadn't put any hobnobs in the oven, but what she had made, before she had thought of the hobnobs, was a beautiful, big peach cobbler and it was still warm from the oven. She set it out on the sideboard too. Her crew, when they got home, could tuck straight into some comfort food. She saw that as part of her contribution to the team, to always provide them with some sort of warm, comforting welcome home to let them know that they were loved and she was glad they were home safe and sound.

"Thank you," Angus said to Ruby. He took a sip of the tea, and then he simply curled into her, laying his head on her shoulder. His mind was empty of words. In his own way, he had known Edward would be right. He had known it would play out exactly as it had. But that didn't make it easier. Within 24 hours, he had lost them both--but, really, he had lost two people that he had never really had.

Nigel made his way into the living room where Angus sat just resting with Ruby. Nigel sat next to him.

"How are you doing?" he asked Angus quietly.

"I can't say I'm good because I don't know what that's supposed to be right now," he replied.

"That makes perfect sense, actually," Nigel said.

"Makes no sense to me at all." There were starting to be sounds in the kitchen. "Sounds like the others are coming home," Nigel said quietly.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:03 am

Ruby felt him rest his head against her shoulder and sighed relaxing herself and when nigel walked in she smiled at him. Listening to Angus talk she knew even though her perents were swines she still had them for better or worse. Taking his hand in hers she sipped her tea. Hearing others return she just stayed put. She also knew she had not been ready for the mission, not big ones in the least.

Jack ported in to the kitchen and smelled Kates cooking " oh jummy" he said " its just waht we need" he chuckled as Jessie walked in from the paddock and saw them.

"so all done?" he asked Jack chukled and nodded his head."Good ridance, I mean for James not Angus's perents." Jess in the mean time had gone up to check on Robert and Khaat alike.

"Hows he doing?" she asked touching his arm and smiling " ah nigel" she said before looking at Khaat "No offence but you look like you could use a break, if you want to get something to eat I can stay with him, any change I'll come get you or call Jack." she moved to Khaat and placed her hand on her shoulder just as a reasuring jesture.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:22 am

Kate welcomed them back home, glad to see them and encouraged them to all go into the dining room and grab something to eat or at least some of Robert's calming tea. Michael, Brian, Gabe, and Edward came in and made their way to the dining room for some tea and some food.

"Fortunately, he has a very hard head," Nigel teased as he spoke to Jess and Khaat. "I don't know how many others who could get walloped in the head with a 15 liter commercial coffee urn and not be seriously injured. He'll be fine as soon as he comes around. He does show signs of a concussion, but I don't think it serious.. He'll have a headache, probably some dizziness, maybe an upset stomach, and maybe just overall feeling not at his best, but I still don't think its going to be much to worry about. He really is going to have to learn to duck. Ice, Jess. Ice on the back of his head for awhile. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, probably at least until he comes to. I'll discontinue once he settles for sleep for the night."

"I won't be far either, Jess," Khaat said. "I've been trying to keep an eye on Abbey. She's woken up twice from nighmares tonight, talking about seeing 'doggies in a box.' I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I presume it could mean something."

"Well," Nigel said, "if she's got some accidental magic thing, maybe she's seeing some sort of symbolism to the dead werewolves you lot had tonight."

"I never gave that thought," Khaat said. "That makes sense. For now, while they're both in safe hands, I might go shower off the feeling of James hands on my skin. Yuck. There might not be enough soap in the house for that, but I'm going to try."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:27 am

Jess listened to Nigel and nodded " 20 minets on and twenty off got it" she said and sat down next to Roberts bed. " you go clean up and check Abby Khaat I have him" she said smiling. Jack ate some food and drank some tea feeling it relax him so much he started to yawn.

"oh sorry." he said excusing himself for yawning " food and tea are wonderful Kate thank you" He turned to Brian " you think debrif in the morning?" he asked hoping he would agree seeing every one was in need of a shower and sleep. Well ecept Jessie who was just dirty.

"I'll do you shift so you can sleep in " Jessie said smiling " and no arguments, Kadens pulling a double so it will keep me ocupied." Jack chuckled and nodded.

"Thanks mate" he said and Jessie waved him off as he ate a bit more food.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:37 am

"Yeah, sometime tomorrow," Brian said. "Owens sent Kate a message saying he's got a crew to cover us here and at the estate for morning security crew and morning chores so we can all have a bit of a lie in tomorrow. So we're all off the hook for everything in the morning. I think since it is such a rare thing, and since we all need it, we need cancel fixing breakfast for everyone so that no one has to get up to cook either I say we all sleep in, and we'll maybe pick things up no earlier than noon, maybe at lunch or right after lunch. If anyone is hungry, they're on their own. There are plenty of leftovers in the fridge folks can heat up if they get hungry before that. What do you think?"

"Abbey will be certainly up before then," Kate said.

"Well, Jessie will be up. He could take her out to see the animals," Brian teased.

"She really would love that," Kate laughed. "And she'd talk his ear off. But I'm sure he would not find much company in a couple hours spent with a three year old."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:42 am

Jack breathed out and nodded " oh yeah, that would be great." he said sitting back in his seat. Jessie listened to them talk and looked to Kate smiling as she spoke of Abby helping him with the animals.

"sure, I don't mind, she can help me feed the smaller animals too, keep me company, besides she has helped before and was great with them" he said grinning as he liked Abby seeing her as his little sister since his brothers were not there. " also might take her mind of her nightmares too." he added "Ive been popping in when I've had the time, hope you don't mind." he said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:09 am

"Abbey goes with me all the time," Kate said. "She knows most of them by name, and she knows what some of them prefer as treats. She probably knows what goes to which animal, but she is far more interested in the treats since I let her feed the treats. And you're right, Jessie, she is very good with them. You're very welcome, of course, to take her. I would just transfigure her pajamas into some daytime clothes and off you go.

"Oh, and the coffee pot and the tea pot are all ready to go for morning. When the first person gets up, all they have to do is to turn the pots on. Brian's right, though, there are plenty of leftovers for anyone who is hungry."

Edward finished his sandwich and went with Nigel into the living room where he saw Angus sitting with Ruby. Edward sat down on the other side of Ruby.

"Angus," he called. Angus lifted up his head and looked at Edward. "You have looked a good deal better, Lad."

"Tired," was Angus's one word reply to Edward.

"Yes. I can see that. Do me a favor. Let Nigel take you up to your room and help you with some sleeping potion while I talk to Ruby for a moment, would you?"

"Without me?" Angus looked at him.

"Yes. Now, go. Do as I ask. I don't often as for a word with her, do I?" Angus simply got up and walked out of the living room, and Nigel walked alongside im up the steps.

"Ruby, I wanted to talk to you. Angus needs a night or two away, and frankly, I want the same for Simone and me. I have a friend who has a hotel on the French riviera, and its all 5 star private bungalows. Each bungalow has its own concierge staff around the clock. It is so private you could both have a completely private adult stay and no one would ever know or care. I think its well overdue. What do you say? Think its worth the two of us taking our partners and absconding with them for a couple days?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:18 am

Jessie smiled as Kate said what he did by looking in on her was fine and he chuckled nodding as she mentioned she probably knew more then he did "of course " he said then glanced at the kitchen " well thats made my job easy in the morning." he said looking at a half sleep Jack " maybe he should sleep in his own bed. He nudged Jack who woke and stood up.

"sorry bushed got to hit the hey" he said then moved up to his room to shower and sleep.

Ruby smiled seeing Edward back from the mission. she became a bit worried when Edwrad wanted to speack to her along and nighel walked Angus to their room. Listening to him she thought it was a great idea. "I agree, with everything going on Angus neesd space to breath and we all need to recharge" she agreed with him with a smile when he mentioned simone. " do you want me to make the arangements or should I leave that to you?" she asked wondering how she could contact his freind and arrange it " and could it be as soon as possible, please." her face showed that she felt Angus needed it. Then she rembered " oh I have to talk to Brian or Owens about leave, I have my trainning, yeah I am still not ready I realized that." she admited and looked at Edward.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:35 am

"I'll make the arrangements. And I'll talk to Brian for you while I'm at it. Why don't you leave all of it to me. All you need to do is to pack a bag for the two of you. I honestly would like to go tomorrow. I think the sooner the better. Once I talk to my friend, I can tell you more about the bungalows. It's a perfect place for honeymoons because it promises such complete privacy. The last I was there, they were adding some amenities, like a full couple's spa, private romantic dinners of all sorts, and all sorts of activities. I think, though, you would be very wise if you spoke to Nigel and got some sleeping potion for him so he can at least sleep at night while you're gone. I think he'll be fine if we give him a few days. I think if he gets completely away and has nothing to think about but the two of you, I think the change of scenery will do him good. Besides your holiday on the island was cut short, as i recall, so I'm sure you would both like the opportunity to do more of the things you were doing there. And, since I plan to be in the same resort with Simone, if things get dicey, you only need to let me know and I'll try to help if I can.

"And I think you're very wise to take more time with your training. If you really do plan to spend the rest of your life with him, you don't need to put yourself under any sort of pressure to be ready straight off to go on the sorts of missions Angus has basically trained his entire life to do. I'm not saying you shouldn't do missions work. I think you should but you might also learn some very valuable things by talking to Jess about how she copes, or Kate or Khaat. They all have the same sorts of stressors and anxieties that you do, hoping that their spouses come home from every mission. I think you should consider asking them about all your questions. How to balance work and life and keeping a marriage alive in the midst of all of this danger. All the things that I'm sure have been spinning in your head. Just take your time and adjust. You've both had some massive changes in a very short time. There's no hurry now."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:45 am

Ruby heard him and nodded her agreement " yeah it ws cut short, and well I don't think ether of us are thinking that far ahead just yet, but it does sound like some place I would concider for a honeymoon...when the time comes that is." she heard him talk of her training and how he felt it was wise of her to keep at it longer and to talk to Khaat or Jess in regards how they cope. Ruby nodded and smiled "I don't intend on going anywhere, well except to bed, but you know what I mean, I see you, along with the others as family now, and yes one day when hes ready, I would love to officaly be his wife but we got time, lots of time." she said and smiled "but right now.." she lent forward and hugged Edward "Thank you for everything and I won't forget to talk to Nigel for some sleep potion for angus."

Jess sat with Robert checking and iceing and un iceing every twenty mintues as per Nigels instructions. She saw Jack walk past yawning and chuckled as he entered their room she knew he was going to sleep. Looking down at Robert she placed her hand on his forhead drawning off his head ache she felt he had in his head.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top