LONDON CALLING - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 42 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 pm

"Yeah, I think talking to Edward about it is a good idea," Angus said. "I talked with Robert, and he told me we could build either here or over at Brian's, and I asked Brian, and he told me the same thing. I think it makes more sense to build at Brian's since the job is there 90% of the time, but if I hope Edward will like it, he needs to be involved in picking the spot. Maybe we should go talk to him."

"That is exactly my thought," Brian said. "And if we can strike as many places as we can simultaneously, they won't be able to warn each other. We'll catch them completely blind. And we would have to have Robert spearhead it. He would have to run it because we would need a central command post and someone like him who already knows how to run a massive mission like I'm talking about. But I'm sure he'll go for it. He wants Gelding put out of business for as long as we can make it happen. And since we're basically done here, I say we return the horses to Tyler and get home and talk to Robert and Kate and see what they say."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:26 pm

Ruby nodded " agreed, I wouldn't put him in any place he wasn't happy with, I'll help with the herb garden layout." she said " why don't we go now and talk to him, if you've eaten enough." she asked loking at the basket and little food that was left.

Jack chuckled as Brian spoke more "Agreed, I think hes the one who wants this little pipsqueek gone for good the most, out of us all." he said turning Black towards the main house and headed back in a slow trot letting Brain keep up " what do you say we let these beauties let loose, I mean full gallop back to the house?" he said grinning at Brian as he kicked Black and took off at full gallop towards the house " last one there does the dishes!" he called back laughing.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:53 pm

"It was a nice lunch, but I've had enough. Thank you," he told her. Let's go see if we can find him," Angus said.

"I'm sure he does want it more than the rest of us. He's been fighting this battle with the Gelding family longer than we've been alive. He's been at this for 45 or 46 years. That's 13 years longer than I've even been alive. Of course he wants it solve more than we do."

Brian did't mind letting the horses run. He actually did want to see what their power was, and he wasn't disappointed. They made a beeline to the barn, just as Tyler said they'd do.

"Good," Tyler laughed, seeing them come back. "Those lads needed some steam run out of them. How'd they do?"

"I think Brownie ate about 4 pounds of grapes on the way," Brian laughed.

"He does like them," Tyler laughed. "Here. Here's a business card for the bloke that I got these boys from. He'll treat you right if you tell hi you know Edward."

"I will do that. Thank you," Brian said.

"And would you please ask Angus if I could come and just visit him? He and I have always gotten on alright, but we don't see each other very often anymore."

"I'll ask him," Brian said. "I think your protection spells should hold now, but do let us know if you have any further issue."

"We will indeed. I don't know how to thank you enough," Tyler said.

"You just did," Brian smiled. They shook hands, and then Brian motioned to Jack that it was time to go home. He got out the portkey to go back to Robert's farm.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:00 pm

Ruby set the pinic basket to packing up while she nodded " yeah, be something nice to look forward to." she took his hand and accioed the basket to carry back to the house making sure to leave the area just as she had found it, clean and looking untouched.

Jack laughed as he pulled Black to a stop at the barn seeing Brian right next to him.He dropped from Black's back and chuckled " yeah same here" he asi and patted blacks shoulders. " you be a good boy now, no trouble" he listened to Brian talk to Tyler and turned to follow him taking out his port key he ported home with Brain.

"home sweet home" he said and chuckled " black was good but boy have i lackst on my horse riding skills." he groaned as he moved a little " my butts numb" he said causing Jess to chukle at his words.

"horse riding?" she asked " you on a hourse, I would have loved to have seen that, please tell me it was a shire horse, if not that poor horse having to carry your weight." she teased him making him chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:20 pm

They walked back to the house together, and Angus went to find Edward. He should not have been surprised to find Edward in Robert's tower library, knee deep in ancient potions books all written in runes.

"I should have known this would be where you would be," Angus said. Edward's face brightened immediately when he saw Angus and he closed the book in front of him.

"How are you today? That was one of the worst nights you've ever had," Edward said.

"Alive," Angus said, "and that was far more than I could begin to hope for last night."

"I thought you'd be resting today. Its what you should be doing."

"Ruby had Michael make us a picnic for two, and we went outside. Can I ask you something?" Angus asked, as Edward motioned for Angus to sit with him.

"Of course. Anything. You know that. What's on your mind, my boy?"

"You are. I've been thinking about this for awhile. At least since you were hurt," Angus said. "I really have missed you like crazy, and I can't stand knowing what Benjamin and the others are trying to manipulate you into."

"Well, that's a big effort on their part that isn't going to go anywhere," Edward brushed that concern aside. "I've got my assets locked up so tightly that if they push too much harder, they're going to be penniless and homeless both. Everything they think they own? They don't have a clue. It's still mine, and they're never going to get it. If they try to push too much harder, it will explode in their faces, and I'm just about ready to let it happen."

"I'd really like to do something for you--and, honestly, its for me just as much as it is for you."

"What's that?"

"I want to build a duplex--either here or at Brian's. A log duplex--half for you and half for Ruby and me. I realize my duties keep me often in the main house, but it doesn't always have to be that way. I can have my own place on the grounds and split my time. Besides, whether we marry or not, I really want to have children with Ruby--soon, I think. What happens if someday something really does happen? I'm not sure we should wait on children..."

"Slow down, Son," Edward said gently. "That's your very understandable fear from last night still hanging on. This is not the time to make that choice while that's still so strong. Postpone the children until you're more yourself again. Right now, its a rash thought. But, a duplex, for you and me and Ruby?"

"Yeah. Stay here whenever you like and as long as you like, and stay home in Tuscany whenever you feel like it," Angus said. "As grown as sometimes I think I am, I still need you in my life."

"And I miss you in mine," Edward smiled warmly. "I like the idea. I like it alot. And Brian and Robert are alright with this?"

"Yes. Absolutely."

"Then you've got my vote," Edward said.

"He apparently didn't fall off, and the horse was still in one piece, so I think he managed it," Brian told Jess. "So any idea where Robert's at? If I know him, he's in the lab."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:28 pm

Ruby walked with Angus to the library and smiled at Edward she stood listening. At the mention of children she smiled a little wider but ultimatly would leave it to Angus, but inside she would be proud to have their children call him father. She sat on the arm of the chair as Angus spoke more to Edward feeling his arms around her waist. " I was thinkling we could add a herb garden too." she added " for potions and ...other experements." she smiled knowingly at him. When Edward said he would agree she moved from Angus and gave Edward a big hug. " thats wonderful." she said smiling at both of them.

Jess laughed as Brian said he didn't fall off the horse " well thats a good sign." she said "and your guess is as good as mine but , yes try the lab." she said chukaling at how stiff Jack was walking " take a warm bath it will help losed those muscles." she said trying not to laugh any more.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:42 pm

"Well, a garden is a must," Edward said. "Although I've already taken full advantage of the kitchen garden that Angus has put in over at Brian's and Kate's kitchen garden here, and Robert's very impressive apothecary garden here. Still, it would be nice to have a small garden of our own where we could have one half as a kitchen garden and another half as an apothecary garden. If we do an apothecary plot, we need to do the rarer things that Robert doesn't grow that he seems to always have to send away for. We can get the common things from him. You know, share and share alike."

"And, Kate will give us any of her art pieces or her stained glass pieces. We could have an abundance of stained glass doors and windows."

"Now that would be superb," Edward smiled. "I would like to have a set of her pottery dishes and bakeware."

"So we'll put a set in your kitchen and in ours," Angus said.

"If we're doing this as a log venture, then we should do a river rock fireplace."

"Absolutely," Angus said. "And I know you'll want a potions lab and a library, and a little studio to paint in."

"We can combine the lab and the studio-maybe the library too. I don't know," he said.

"And a couple guest bedrooms?"

"I'm not having any guests," Edward said. "They can go to Tuscany."

"Oh, so this is your getting-away-from-it-all space?"

"This is my sod-the-rest-of my-idjit-relatives space," he said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:50 pm

Ruby smiled listening and loving their ideas she couldn't help chuckle at his 'sod-the-rest-of my-idjit-relatives space' idea. " yes, but we'd need extra rooms, for our children." she said then a thought entered her mind " oh, how about a shared wine cellar too, with a special walk in fridge set at the right tempature to keep wine." she said " we could utalise the foot print of the duplex, with a few magical tweeks." she chuckled, trying to get Edward to notice she knew of the special wine he'd made. " I agree on the garden with rare variaties we might end up with new veriatys of our own, also whats the point in having a garden if you don't share it, only makes sense right."

Jack socked in a bath and felt much better after. he walked down and sat with Jess for a few minets before heading to the barn to feed and muck out the animals.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:08 am

"Just make sure those rooms are on your side of the house and not on mine," Edward said. "Or my children and grandchildren will want to insert themselves into my side of the house, and I'm not having it. The only space they will stay in on my side of the house will be in one of Robert's bug jars, and if you think for one fraction of a second, I wouldn't hex them and put them in a bug jar, then you do have another thing coming."

"I think a wine fridge for wines you intend on drinking soon is fine, but fine wines should not be stored on a longer term basis in a fridge. They need a good wine cellar. But the wine cellar also would lend space for a good root cellar or a larger common pantry. Just so you know, in the dead of winter, I am not trudging through the snow over to the main house, no matter what you're cooking. I'll throw together a little stew over the fire in the fireplace and stay nice and warm while you two frost your buns off running back and forth in the snow."

"You know, we could put your bedroom on the ground floor," Angus said, "with a double sided fireplace. The same fireplace in the living room that is also the very same fireplace in the master bedroom."

"I like how you think," Edward said.

Brian had made his way downstairs to the cellar and saw Nigel was being useful as Robert's hands as they made some sort of potion together.

"So you were successful, then?" Robert asked Brian.

"Yes. But i had a couple thoughts. First thought. I'm buying a pair of Shire horses. Bloody magnificent creatures. I have to have a pair."

"Good. Get me a pair too while you're at it. I can give them to Kate for our wedding anniversary. She'll be completely elated."

"Got it," Brian said. "Second thought--a well organized, well researched, well coordinated simultaneous assault on every asset, location, property and confederate of Gelding's that we can find. We take our time, do our homework and then amass as large a team as we can, and take it all out in one night."

Robert and Nigel both sat straighter and looked at him. Nigel looked a bit like he thought Brian suddenly had three heads. Robert, on the other hand, looked at him but he was clearly thinking.

"Yes," Robert said. "It won't completely shut him down, but it would take him out of commission for perhaps months."

"Gives us time to heal and rebuild."

"No, no. We've got to be doing that while we're doing the intel. While Gelding is down, we have to do the biggest sweep we've ever done--a global sweep to locate and rescue every single child we can find. If it isn't safe to put them back with their families, we will start our own separate farm out in a very secure rural area for them where they can be well hidden and safely raised up until we can find an appropriate permanent home for each one of them. Our focus has always been and will always be on the kids."

"A much better plan," Brian agreed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:16 am

Ruby smiled and nodded " thats why your potion master and well Im just the cook." she said chukaling " oh I like that idea, no frozen toes here." she said " and don't worry they will be on the other side away from any shared wall, you'd not hear a peep, unless you want to that is." she said and looked down at Angus as he spoke of Edwards bedroom and the double fireplace.

"oh you could have a stained glass door on one side to let colored light dance around the room as you sleep." her mind was imagining the whole place and she could see a cosy warm room build just for one person, and one th other simple but yet cosy family home. " we should find the perfect spot and then talk to the builders at Brian's home, see if they can build it."

Heading down to teh lab Jack heard Brian out lining the plan they had talked over. He entered as Robert agreed and spoke of a second farm hidden and safe for the children they would rescue. " I agree, sounds exactly whats needed." he said standing with his arms folded
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top