LONDON CALLING - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 22 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 22 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:59 pm

"I am pretty mean at climbing trees," Brian laughed. "And if something's chasing me, I'm sure I'll be even faster."

Angus's eyes fluttered shut completely on their own, and an instant later he was out again like a light.

"I'm not a healer like the others, but I do have some healing skills, Ruby," Edward told her. He laid his hand on Angus's forehead. "Nigel's sleep spell is making him a little bit of a goofball yet, but give him a couple hours and he'll be able to make coherent sentences again. Right now, he's still a little goofy. Well, goofier than normal," Edward flashed her an amused smile. "He's stable, he's comfortable, and, by what I can sense, I don't sense any more bleeding. All in all, from what I see, he's doing exceptionally well. I think you're fine to go over to the estate. Maybe, with an update about that, he'll be able to put his mind at rest a bit. I'm not entirely disabled anymore, so I plan on talking to Kate and Robert about taking on maybe some of his bookkeeping duties. I could use something to keep my hands and my mind busy."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:06 pm

Ruby smiled at Edward when he said Angus would be less goofie than he ushaly was. " okay, and thats what I thought, Its good to have you on your feet again." she said moving over and giving him a hug. " we were realy worried " she told him hoping he understood she was thanking him for understanding.

Jack could not help laugh when Brian spoke of his climbing ability when something was chasing him " oh you learn quick" he said and checked his wand and bubbles were settled and comfortable. " okay let get that wolf before it hurts anyone or thing else." he then started singing 'a hunting we will go' and stalked out the room before laughing as he saw Jess's face with a look of 'what the?' on it.

"Wolf hunting?" she asked and Jack nodded " all right but come back in one peice please."

"I will I don't look good in more than one." Jess smirked and kissed his cheek while he waited for Brian.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:23 pm

"Thank you," Edward smiled. "Angus probably should have told you that Donohues can be slowed down, but we can't be stopped. We're bloody stubborn that way. You watch. By morning, he'll be convinced he's right as rain. Nigel will have his work cut out for him then. If that happens, I'll likely have to have a little word with the boy, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

Brian followed Jack upstairs and heard the exchange between Jack and Jess.

"No, no, Jess," Brian said. "This time, Jack is the chaser, and I am the chase-ee. It made no sense to me to have the little guy protecting the great big fast guy. I told him he needed to reverse that, and instead of me protecting him, he could protect my skinny little ass. So I'm the bait, and he's the artillery."

"Do keep his skinny little ass covered, won't you, Jack?" Nigel said, coming in for fresh tea. "He won't like it if I have to take stitches in his behind, and I have enough cranky patients right now as it is."

"No, no, you don't get to see my behind," Brian teased.

"Depends on the skill of your partner there," Nigel tossed the humor right back.

"Don't let me down, Jack," Brian laughed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:39 pm

Jack and Jess both laughed and Jack nodded "Don't worry no wolf will have that ass trust me" he said as he then listened to Nigel and chuckled "Well, part wolf remeber, so have to say not bad." he chuckled " but don't worry we've been in scrapes before and come out of it fine" he told him as Jess accioed a kit and held it out to him " alright, alright" he said and slipped it into his pocket.

Ruby staid with her arms around Edward but chould not help chuckle as he spoke of the stuborness Donahue's had. " I realy should get use to it." she said and nodded " agreed, I don't want him to hurt himself and to take it easy a bit." she told Edward as she let him go. " Okay the farm." she said feeling more at ease a she looked to Angus then headed up stairs to port to the farm.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:50 pm

"As I hear it, we're going out to the west edge, right along the fence row," Brian told Jack as they left the farmhouse. I think it's a fair question, though, since Northamerican Timberwolves don't live in England, how did this one get here? Someone had to bring it in, and they had to get it in past Robert's protection grid. Remember his farm is just as unplottable as my place is supposed to be, and he's never had any wolf on his land until now. To me, this reeks of some other dirty trick, whether its James or Gelding. I know I shouldn't leap to that sort of conclusion, but it's sort of like finding a fish scale in your chocolate bar. It just doesn't belong there. But, imagine. A wolf--not a werewolf, that weights nigh onto 12 stone? Lordy. He really is a monster, isn't he? God, look. Blood trail. Angus came this way to come home. Maybe we can use the trail to track back to where the attack happened. I don't know if it would help us, but it might be worth a try--unless you have a better idea?"

Kate and Michael finished the preparations for lunch, and Kate enchanted her trivets so that hot things stayed hot and cold things stayed cold. She finished setting the table and then called who was still there to come to lunch.

"I hear Kate calling," Edward told Kaden. "Lunch is ready. Why don't you go get yourself a plate? I can stay long enough for you to eat. I really don't mind. Give me something to do. When you're done eating, I'll go eat."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:14 am

Jack walked with Brian and nodded " yeah, it stinks like yesterdays socks" he said as the moved to the boarder. Jack smelt the blood as Brian mentioned it " agreed we might find a trail to where it came from." he looked around at the bushes and trees for any clue. " trail leads this way" he said heading to their left.

Ruby arrived at Brians house and saw the workers had the frame up and were putting up several of the walls all the burned wood and rubble had gone. It was now she saw something laid just under a bush. Walking over she smiled as she picked it up finding it was Kitty. " Abby will be pleased to get you back" she said placing it in her pocket as she moved to check the plans for the kitchen. Opening the small cupboard she found the papers Kate had mentioned and then the diploma. Taking it out she looked down at its faded and slightly folded surface. " I'm doing something special with you" she said as she shrank it and placed it too in her pocket carefully. Walking over to the main grounds man she got his report telling her that everything was on scedual but they had to talk to Khaat about what she wanted for the kitchen. She told them would be best to talk to Angus and gave her personal opinion on the layout and what should go into it just to get them started.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:36 am

"You have the enhanced sense of smell, so I'll follow you," Brian said. He could track but he had no doubt Jack could do it more efficiently and quickly. "Wonder if he lost both fangs or just the one he left in Angus's shoulder. I realize we don't have a choice. Your point is well taken. Now that he has tasted human flesh, we have to stop him. I don't relish it, though. Someone set this poor thing up, and I'm not sure why. Why on Robert's property? Wouldn't it be better and more effective at the farm? Except that there are already wolves there. So I dont know what they'd have made of him. I can't help wishing there was another way, but I know there isn't. A part of me still feels sorry for him."

Robert gave Edward permission to take care of the bookkeeping and went over it with him after lunch. Edward was keen to get started straight off, and he set out right away to balance the book sand get the paychecks issued and then the supplies ordered. That would be one less major chore to tackle. He saw that Angus had added a much larger supply of groceries and had set some of it aside to come to Roberts' farm, clearly anticipating feeding and caring for people for awhile at the farm while the estate was being restored.

Nigel went downstairs and found Angus waking, the sleep spell wearing off. Angus was getting restless, finding the sickbay bed uncomfortable. Nigel looked at Kaden.

"I think, if we work together, we might be able to get him up long enough to take him to his room. I suggest we apparate him and then get him settled there to rest."

"I'd rather be downstairs with everyone else," Angus said.

"Lad," Nigel said, "you haven't eaten all day, and you didn't sleep last night. I've been checking on you. And--you just had major surgery. You need to take it easy this afternoon. If you follow directions today, you might be feeling better tomorrow so that if you want to be up, you can be. Besides, your girl looks just about half a step from traumatized. You might want to be conservative at least today to avoid scaring the daylights out of her."

"Alright, alright," Angus said, frustrated at being shut away by himself from everyone else.

"Okay, Kaden, give me a hand?" Nigel asked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:44 am

Kaden watched as Abgus started to stirr and stood up beside his bed just as Nigel entered the room " I agree, time for a more comfortable location." he said but sighed when Angus said he'd rather be with everyone else." Jacks hunting the wolf, Rubys out at the estate checking on progress and Jess is feeding the animals with Jessie so every one of your duities is covered , relax and recover." He told Angus then heard Nigel speak again " of course" he said as together they helped Angus to his feet. Porting him up to his room Kaden with Nigel walked him to the bed and sat him down.

Ruby returned from the estate and palced Kitty in the washer to get clean. Taking out the diploma she set it on the table with a book on top to flatten it as she fetched an empty frame for it. Jess walked in with Jessie talking about the hypogriffs.

"I think at least two are expecting" Jes said and Jessie nodded " the small one and the brown and white one."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 am

"Really?" Kate was excited. "A unicorn on the way and a hippogriff on the way. How wonderful! I told Robert we had the right stuff to open a breeding program, but he really isn't interested. He says it is too ambitious. I don't know what he's worried about. It's not like we're breeding dragons. Oh, and before I forget, Michael made Chinese Mongolian beef with fried rice, and he added extra veggies for extra nutrition. It's still hot if you all want some, and it really was delicious. Abbey had seconds, and it's hard to get her to eat even a first serving of vegetables, let alone seconds. How'd your trip to the estate go, Ruby?"

Angus didn't give Nigel or Kaden any static as they helped him out of his jeans and into a pair of pajama trousers and into bed. Nigel allowed him some pillows behind his back to sit up a bit. Once they had him in bed, Nigel checked him again and cast another pain removal spell.

"I know it hurts like the devil," Nigel told him. Your shoulder and your upper arm is a right mess, and you're going to bruise rather badly. I'm not worried about the bruises. Your wolf was truly enormous and vicious. Wolves aren't known, from what I'm told to be that vicious, especially when unprovoked."

"Bet he's been jinxed," Angus muttered. leaning back on the pillows and closing his eyes. Nigel covered him.

"If you need anything, let Kaden know. You can have fluids, and by tonight, you can probably have food again."

"Maybe some water or some tea?" Angus asked. "I am thirsty."

"Maybe he'd sip on both if he had it. The fluids would be very good for him," Nigel said to Kaden. "And make sure you tell his girl that he's up here. If she goes down there and finds the bed empty, she could have a meltdown or something. I don't know how resilient she is, but if she's going to continue to be involved with this one, she'd better understand bumps and bruises are just going to be routine. Hopefully she doesn't punch him in the shoulder tonight when she comes to bed. Might want to warn her about that if you talk to her."

"She's not a puncher," Angus said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:18 am

Jess nodded and looked at Kate Jessie went to find Kaden as Ruby smiled to Kate " it was good their on trak shouldn't be much longer, I also foind something while I was walking around the perimiter of the house, hes in the wash right now" she said and smiled " I also found .." she lifted up the picture fram she had been working on. " I thought we could hangi it in the new kitchen." she said " but I'll ask Khaat and Brian first."

Kaden nodded to Nigel and looked to Angus chukaling at his awnser " well you'd know" he said " I'll send her up with some tea for you, might put her mind at rest and yours." he said moving to the door " I won't be long" he said and headed down to the kitchen. Ruby saw Kaden as he entered " Angus is awake and is in his own bed now, more comfortable for him." Kaden told her, her face lit up with a smile. "Now hes asking for some tea" He chuckled as Ruby quickly made a tray with fresh ginger tea.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top