A name and a place - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A name and a place - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A name and a place

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A name and a place - Page 2 Empty Re: A name and a place

Post by Elsie Norton Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:55 am

She squinted at him, because there was a small flicker of uncertainty in him before he spoke - but she supposed it made sense that he would not want to illuminate her on what he thought of her until he had a better opinion.

Oh, wait, crap. Was she taking this seriously?

The waiter saved her there, though, by arriving to take their order. She asked for the seared snapper and handed the menu off to the waiter, waiting for Selwyn to answer before she turned her attention back to him.

And without any preamble, she told him, "I don't want to get married."
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:57 am

She raised an eyebrow as he quickly began to justify himself, as he had seemed just as opposed to being matched up as she had... but was now almost trying to  convince her that all was well. She smiled politely at the waiter as he took Selwyn's order and hurried off to place the meal ticket in the hands of the cook.

Back to business.

She wondered vaguely if this poor man had been set up so many times that he was desperate to end the cycle. Or if this was one of his earlier meetings and he was beginning to worry he was going to get a reputation much like her - one that just could not get married off.

"Let me clarify," she said, clearing her throat. "I typically get what I want. So if I don't want to get married, I don't intend to. What repercussions are there except Mom and Dad's disapproval? Not many, and I never really cared too much what they thought.

Basically, he was wasting his time.
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 am

It was a good question and she suddenly found herself stumped by it. She didn't hide this realization, that maybe she did not know why she was here, but carefully thought it over, taking her time by paying her Martini a little more attention, sucking down more of the drink as her eyes reviewed the ceiling.

"I guess I thought about it - you know, not coming to these things." She clicked her tongue, setting the drink down. "I guess... men are fun hobbies." She tilted her head, looking at him with a piercing grin. "And I'd rather not get a real job, if I don't have to. And as long as I'm looking for Mr Right, I don't really have time for one."
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Tue May 12, 2015 3:34 am

She was surprised he was amused by her. Typically, her suitors were either abandoning all pretense and beginning to reveal their own motivations - sex or money - or they were plunging forward, oblivious to the fact that she was not about to let them win. The latter ones were more fun, while the former were just vile. She didn't mind a man who could tell her exactly what he wanted from her - it was the assuredness that he was still hot-stuff that irked her. The oblivious ones were fun. They just got more and more confused as the night went on.

She had thought Nash was like the latter. She had been the oblivious one, she found out.

She liked his question. "Not much, actually. That takes more effort, and I prefer an effortless, look," she said, smirking. "Seems your family is in my boat - rich not because of purity, but because of old family money. Much more Gatsby, that way." She took another sip of drink. "Oh, and that you're veela. I imagine that was a big plus for my parents. They thought I would lose control." She arched an eyebrow, as though he had failed and she was wondering why.
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Norton Wed May 13, 2015 12:56 am

"I'm not amormentia." Elsie found herself laughing at his response to the comment on him being a veela. Actually laughing, too, as she was surprised by his response. She would have benefited greatly from being able to just flip a switch and have men at her beck and call - it would save her a lot of the work she put into her feminine wiles.

Elsie slowly raised an eyebrow, trying to buy time while she took stock. Had she been overthrown by veela powers? She had not feel some sudden urge to remain, to be more friendly. But she had decided to remain when she had no motivation to.

"I think you might be selling yourself short," Elsie said, sitting up as she looked him up and down. "Don't discount the power of intrigue."

Because, really, he was interesting.
Elsie Norton
Elsie Norton
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top