Barack Obama and the Future of the US
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Barack Obama and the Future of the US Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Barack Obama and the Future of the US

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barack Obama and the Future of the US Empty Barack Obama and the Future of the US

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Yeah, this is kinda similar to the other one, BUT it isn't.
Ok, what are your thoughts on Barack Obama's plans for Parliament. Will he stick to them? Will he be good for the US?
This is mainly a discussion for Obama, and what he will do for the US now that he's been elected. Not the election process, like the other thread. Comprende?

Barack Obama and the Future of the US Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama and the Future of the US Empty Re: Barack Obama and the Future of the US

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:10 pm

Yea I think.

I think he is just what we need.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama and the Future of the US Empty Re: Barack Obama and the Future of the US

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Yeah, I'm not a US Citizen, so I can't say too much (although I do!) but I think that the US has such an impact on the rest of the world, that I can talk about his stuff too. If that makes sense.
Anyways, what I meant, was he wants change, etc. but like what changes do you think he will actually make?

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:23 pm

As long as you have a voice you have the right to say what ever you want. If is our god given right, when he gave us a voice of any kind. It is great to see how others from the world veiw us. I mean after all we are not alone on this planet, there are othes. And we all need to somewhat coexist. He will only be able to make the changes that congress allows that is the problem. But since the balance of power is being shifted to Democrats for the first time in almost 60 or so years. So I have high hopes. I do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Yeah, at least, I hope I have a voice! I mean, I can't change anything, by voting or anything, as I'm not a US citizen, but I can just talk to people, like online and such.
And wow, yeah, it has been a while since the democrats have won. Sixty years??? Woah. I knew it had been a while, but I didn't know it had been that long!
I have hopes! Just because of Obama, and his change thing. I mean, to be honest, he can't make things too much worse, especially with what he has got planned.
Oh, my question, what's happenning to US taxes? Are they going up/down, I doubt they're staying the same.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Honestly that is a very good question. I dont know right now. They are high as it is. But at least McCain didnt get in cause he wanted to raise them. Obama has a plan to equal the playing frield for everyone. The rich wont keep getting richer and the poorer stay poor. He plans to stop the tsx breaks and stuff for the rich.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:01 am

Why are we discussing about Barack Obama so much?
When I see results I might answer,
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:52 am

Because he will be the next presidnet of the US. Plus it is always interesting to hear what others around the world think on the topic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Lol, I'm interesting!!
A lot of people were complaining about Obama raising taxes, is he raising them by a lot more than McCain would have done/they are now? I thought he was doing the tax the rich more, tax the poor less thing. I can't remember the name of it, but something like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Yea that was it. He said that he was going to help the poor so they wouldn't be down so bad. But we will have to wait to see how that is going to work. Mind you most of those in Congress and the Seante are on the rich side.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top