Unpopular Opinions - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Unpopular Opinions - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Unpopular Opinions

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unpopular Opinions - Page 5 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions

Post by Declan Arryn Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:43 am

All of what you described, Selwyn, would fall under the subject of history, not biographies, which is what I was referring to. I can read about kings in textbooks, I can read about witch hunts in fiction as well as in texts for school. I'll read books about science or autobiographies without complaining. But I don't want to read a book about.. JK Rowling if it isn't written by her. Nobody can properly capture another person's life properly, no matter how much research they do. Just as I could never write down every single thing about my characters because then they wouldn't be realistic at all. Historical Fiction about certain people is exceptionally interesting, particularly if they change things slightly but still keep the timeline correct, for example. If an author can't think of anything to write about except the simple fact of what someone else did, I don't care to read it. They could at least put in some creativity. Then I would be able to appreciate it. History textbooks on their own, similarly, are interesting because they teach lessons and show us what not to do, etc. But they're written for the purpose of telling us facts, not the life story of specific individuals. We know what year whichever king did whatever they did, but we can't know their thoughts or their secret hobbies or anything like that. If someone tried to do that, they would have to do a historical fiction work for me to consider reading it.

I do love documentaries, though. I watched the one about how they found the burial spot one of England's kings and proved he was illegitimate. Documentaries aren't the same as biographies to me, particularly because of the medium. Film is much easier for me to sit through than an average biography.
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:42 am

The Ponds made me quit watching Doctor Who. Everyone seemed to think Amy was queen, but she made me mad.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:34 am

It really was. I don't think people wanted another doctor romance anyway. Rose was enough. Rory was sweet as a character, but I would have liked more backbone when it came to Amy. It's been awhile so I can't remember details. But Amy was poo.

Also, I've heard a lot of Donna hate and I don't understand. I thought she was brill. So there's another opinion.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Terell Bud Adair Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:08 am

I don't like Nutella. It's got a decent flavor, but I don't see what everyone loves it for.
Terell Bud Adair

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Fudge Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:34 am

Which I think makes her awesome. No one can really be the doctor's equal, because he is ancient and wise and amazing, but she sees them as equals. It makes for wonderful comedy. And a great bromance.
Wendy Fudge
Wendy Fudge
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 56
Occupation : Nanny | Sales Assistant at the Hogsmeade Post Office

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Holt Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:53 am

@Terell - I get that. I only ever use it on other things. Like in baking and stuff, y'know? It's good with other stuff but kind of rich on its own.
Lucien Holt

Number of posts : 612
Special Abilities : Seer l Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:41 pm

I prefer rainy beaches to sunny beaches. I seem to be a minority in that.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top