MASS THREAD : Ministry Riot - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

MASS THREAD : Ministry Riot - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

MASS THREAD : Ministry Riot

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MASS THREAD : Ministry Riot - Page 2 Empty Re: MASS THREAD : Ministry Riot

Post by Ally Nott Sat May 31, 2014 12:38 am

Ally knew she should listen to her mother,  but Ally was down right stubborn to the core.  Surely her mother knew how stubborn she could be, she was a Nott after all.  If a Nott wanted something,  they weren't going to give up on it.  Her parents always taught her to fight for what she believed in,  and that's what she was doing now at this very moment.  She was taking a stand against the ministry and this stupid law.  

She wasn't going to leave without knowing her brother was free and ok.  Ally might of not shown it,  but she cared deeply about her brother and be devastated if she lost him.  He was the one who really didn't turn away after she was sorted into Ravenclaw.   She remembered him telling her he had a feeling she'll be a Ravenclaw seeing how she was so smart.   It was one thing Ally loves about her brother,  he loves her for who she is.  

Ally knew she was asking for it by disobeying her mother's orders,  but she wasn't leaving.  She never disobeyed any of her parents orders,  but here she was now disobeying orders to go back to Hogwarts.   " No mum! I'm not leaving until I know Alexander is ok and free. "said Ally stubbornly.   " I'll leave once I know he's ok and free. "said Ally crossing her arms.  " If I'm going to leave,  I'm going to have to be forced cause I'm not leaving. " said Ally.

Ally was sure if she was in the same situation as Alexander was,  he wouldn't give up on her.   Ally knew her brother quite well, she knew he wouldn't give up on something like this if she was in trouble.   But would Alexander disobey their mother's orders like she just did?  Alexander did everything right,  but she was a hundred percent sure he would've disobeyed their mother just like she did.  After all,  he did disobey the law, so technically they were both disobeying their mother's orders to be safely at Hogwarts.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Plotting NPCs 1 Sat May 31, 2014 4:34 am

Auror Adam Miranda didn't even attempt to hide the way he'd gulped at the determined face of Jack Dyllan. Dark wizards he could handle, but righteous anger while standing up for what a person believed was right? No, that was another matter entirely. There was nothing in any of his training about how to deal with this type of situation. Not even the ridiculously large Auror handbook would be of help, not that Adam had time to check.

Talking a step toward Jack so that they wouldn't be overheard, Adam leaned forwards slightly, "I'd love to help you, but there's nothing I can do. I haven't got enough rank to pull something like that. If things were calmer I might be able to pull in a visitor or two, but with things like they are right now? There's no way." Shooting the redhead an apologetic glance, Adam took a step back, once again scanning the crowd.

The man watched as fellow Law Department staff fought to keep the mob at bay. They were doing alright, but from the look of things they wouldn't be for long. Either the Ministry employees would need to get the people under control, or call for backup. Adam was betting upon the later option happening; the people didn't look like they'd be willing to calm down anytime soon.
Plotting NPCs 1
Plotting NPCs 1

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sat May 31, 2014 6:47 am

Christy couldn’t say she wasn’t amused, in fact she was. Even she was smart enough to realize the beginning of a revolution. What was even more amusing to her was that the British Ministry was bringing it down upon themselves. She had seen it coming since she had heard about the marriage law. It was ridiculous in her opinion. Yes, lets pair people up and make them procreate. But Oh! They have to be the witch or wizard of our choosing. In her opinion, it would only seek to create more squibs. She understood just how inbreeding worked and the wizarding world, particularly the pure blooded families had seemed to practice this art to the finest.

While she couldn’t blame them, she understood it. Her father was the first one in a long line of her family to marry someone who wasn’t a witch. He had married a full blooded veela. She found that she was accepted fairly easily among the pure blooded families that she knew. She snapped back from her thoughts as someone was shoved against her perch, almost pushing her into the fountain.

“Hey watch it!” she yelled as she saw what appeared to be a mother and daughter arguing. Her mind went to what it was most likely about. Any mother would want their child as far away from this as possible. She turned and looked back up at Jack seeing a man speaking to her, but unable to pick up what he was saying. Christy could tell that this was turning very ugly very fast.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Pansy Parkinson-Nott Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:16 am

Why were her children all of a sudden being so difficult? Both were not at school. Both were at the ministry. One locked in a cell and the other refusing to leave. As much as Pansy liked to believe she had unwavering power over her pure blood babies she was beginning to realise they were no longer babies. Alexander was seventeen, technically he could join the death eaters in a few weeks when he graduated. The thought scared her slightly. Ally on the other hand, well, she was at 'that age'.

'Allyson.' Her Mother began in a firm tone. 'Alexander will be fine. I'll make sure he is out if it is the last thing I do. Do you really think I'm going to let the Ministry get away with this? Think how much power I have in the Prophet. Do you really think the Ministry want to upset me?'

Pansy knew that her daughter was a smart girl, she knew her Mother could cause more uprising, cause the ministry to crumble. Sure it was blackmail but since when did Pansy play by the rules? That was something she'd learned a long time ago, and combined with the skills acquired from her mentor Rita Skeeter Madame Parkinson-Nott had become a journalistic force to be reckoned with.

'Wait right here.' Pansy instructed before strutting through the crowd, marching her way to the front until she was face to face with one of the auror's, Adam Miranda.

'I'm Madame Parkinson-Nott, writer for the Daily Prophet. I'm here to speak with Gideon Pierce, new deputy minister.' She lied in a strong, unwavering tone. The Mother inside was fighting for vengeance. If the auror didn't let her pass, well, he would certainly be getting a mention in her upcoming article about the riots.

'Would you mind moving aside so I could meet with him, Mr-?' Now Pansy was being tactful. She'd find his name and use it against him if he refused.
Pansy Parkinson-Nott
Pansy Parkinson-Nott

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Plotting NPCs 1 Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Adam had never been the smartest wizard in his year, or even the most intelligent among his friend group, but he certain wasn't dumb. When Parkinson-Nott of the Daily Prophet approached him, the man knew that things could easily grow ugly. He'd read her article, he had subscriptions to every newspaper worth anything in order to ensure that he was always up to date, and the witch's writings had not been very pro-Ministry.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am but I don't think Mr. Pierce is in the building right now, he rarely is at this hour," he informed her. It might have been a bit of an exaggeration of his part, but protecting people was his job. "I will make sure to send him a memo, letting him know that you were here," the Auror added in an appeasing tone. The man know that one of the younger wizards in the holding cell had the last name Nott, the man doubted that the reporter's appearance was a coincidence.

"If you wish to speak to someone of power, I can certainly help you with that. Mr Garth of the Wizengamot is just over there," the man admitted, pointing at the greying man leaning against the wall in the corner of the atrium. "I could also go fetch the Minister's Undersecretary for you, if you'd like, I know she's in the building," the eldest Miranda child continued. Quirking his head to the side slightly, the wizard waited for a response.
Plotting NPCs 1
Plotting NPCs 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pansy Parkinson-Nott Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:58 pm

So Mr Pierce wasn't in the building? Or that is what the auror thought anyway. The man was rather helpful in the most annoying way possible, directing her towards other people. Really, as if Pansy Parkinson-Nott would waste her time with the undersecretary. Then again that wasn't too bad an idea, the deputy minister's undersecretary was Marie Voisard, death eater. It could come in handy seeing Marie, maybe she'd allow Pansy entrance into the Ministry where she could then go to the holding cell and take Alexander back to school.

'You think?' Pansy said here eyes holding a unsatisfactory stare whilst her eyebrows furrowed. 'Then you may want to rethink what I've just said. The Deputy Minister is a busy man, do you really think I'd arrive here on the off chance to speak to him without an appointment? If Gideon Pierce is hoping to make a good impression on the wizarding world then I'd expect he'd be in the Ministry now for his interview for the Daily Prophet?'

Quirking a skeptical eyebrows Pansy continued, her eyes sharp and fixed intensely on the auror.

'If you still think he might not be here by all means fetch me his undersecretary but I'm a busy lady and I do not reschedule.'

Now adopting a more sugary tone of voice: 'I'm sure Mr Pierce would love to take you into his office when he finds out that the reason he was denied a Daily Prophet interview was because somebody thought he wasn't here.'
Pansy Parkinson-Nott
Pansy Parkinson-Nott

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Plotting NPCs 1 Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Adam stood there for a moment, at something of a loss for what to do. He had never been very good at telling when people were lying, and he didn't think that the woman was, but the timing was a little too convenient. He would go fetch Marie Voisard, the Minister's Undersecretary. It would probably have made more sense for the Auror to find the Deputy Minister's Undersecretary, but he knew that Marie Voisard would be able to handle the reporter better.

"I'll, uh, be right back then," the man forced out in Pansy's direction, before turning tail and vanishing. Signaling to his partner that he'd be right back, the man ran up the stairs and into Voisard's office. She didn't seem particularly surprised upon hearing the situation, and Adam couldn't help but wonder if the witch already knew about the events going on downstairs. Really, he would not have been surprised. The wizard watched as the Frenchwoman slipped a knife into her robes, and couldn't help but wonder what the hell a woman like that would need a knife in her office for. Either way, it certainly wasn't his place to question it. The two magic-users strode out of Marie's office in tandem, heading for the lifts, and arrived in the atrium not minutes later. Catching sight of Pansy fairly quickly, almost as if she knew her, Marie nodded at the auror before heading in a separate direction.

Adam was about to head back to his previous spot, when he spotted the fiery hair of Jack Dyllan somehow slipping behind all the Ministry personnel and toward the holding cells. Knowing the woman, she probably had a friend in the crowd of Law Enforcement staff. Slipping into the crowd himself, the man clapped his partner on the shoulder, and stealthily disappeared after the redheaded witch.
Plotting NPCs 1
Plotting NPCs 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:26 am

Amelia couldn’t believe she was doing this. She knew there was a good chance she would get arrested. She had spent months hiding. She was going to speak out, that’s what her mother would tell her. She knew she was being reckless but she wanted someone to hear her. She would not be silenced. She was raised to stand up for what is right, no matter the cost. She had heard from hidden messages from her brother that something was going on the Ministry of Magic. A rebellion might be happening. Amelia is ready to support it.

Amelia stood in the fireplace. “Leaky Cauldron,” said Amelia throwing the floo powder. She quickly exited the Leaky Cauldron before she got caught by Neville or Hannah. She knew what they would tell her. They would tell her to go back into hiding. But she would not do it.

She walked into mass chaos. She saw people climbing the statue. But she wasn’t going to climb the statue. She was going for a direct route. She was heading towards the inner Ministry. She took a deep breath drawing her wand in case she was confronted.

She went straight into the conflict. “Expecto Patronum” she casted. Her badger shot up and amplified her voice. “This is what the Ministry is. Suppressing laws and lies. That’s all this country means. You think you can control us. I will not marry someone and be suppressed back to the old days. People died in two wars to stop suppression and here it is starting again. This won’t stay here much longer. Other countries will starting to react soon!” She was practically sending up a flare saying come and get her. She didn’t care. She was willing to fight if they came for her. It’s how she was raised. If someone is challenge what is right, you fight for what it is right.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:12 am

The world seemed to be collapsing around her. There was no stopping this riot. People would not stop until they saw their family members returned to them, and the Ministry workers were not going to stop until the chaos had subsided, but they would not just release the family members. There would be no compromise if neither group budged. And Jack, her foot in both camps, job in one corner and beliefs in the other, could see this dilemma.

The action and horror around her slowed. The screams and calls were muffled, as though she were underwater. The movements were exaggerated and slow, and Jack could pick her way through it all and see the answer that probably made the most amount of sense, even if it was the stupidest idea.

It was time to free the convicts.

She slipped between elbows and legs and limbs and she slipped, seemingly unnoticed, into the door that would lead to the holding cell. She knew she only had a matter of time for her stupid plan to work - and, even then, chances were it was going to blow up in her face.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:30 am

Christy could hear a young girl’s voice speaking about how it was time and there were other countries who would soon step in to help on the side of the rioters. How wrong she was. While Christy and her fellow Mistresses and Ministers for the most part did not agree with what the British were doing they certainly were not about to intervene with the internal affairs of another county. It would be a futile war to put her people in and lose what could be very useful people to pointless suffering.

She was nothing but sympathetic to their plight, many people watching their loved ones taken away and being put in prison. But Christy was also smart about it. She needed to watch and see what all was going on. She knew she would have to return to Germany with this and share what was going on with the rest of the Ministry there. She knew some people who were wanted would be offered asylum in her country and some would take it while others, like Sophia would turn it down. She had offered it to Soph if she ever needed it but she had turned it down.

She turned her attention to various people trying to make their way through the crowds. More than likely to get to the ‘convicts’ freed from the oppressing ministry’s grasp on them. Of course, Christy would want to offer asylum to the most useful so they could possibly owe her something in the future.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top