Marriage is Murder - Page 55
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 55 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 55 of 99 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 77 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 55 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:44 pm

"I don't know what we'll be doing yet," Michael said. "But if Jack and Jess are any example of what marriage is, I'll gladly take Azkaban. It certainly is more peaceful than this ship is. I don't know that I can stand another two minutes of them. I might change them both into inanimate objects just to get them to shut it.

"What you missed, Brant, is that Jess and Jack can't seem to put their differences behind them for Brian's sake," Michael said angrily. He was angry that neither of them could seem to get their priorities straight. This was just not the time for this, and they were refusing to stop.

"And I don't know that there are many of us that have the patience for their drama right at the moment. Personally, I wish Robert would send them both off this ship until they get this done with. I am sick of it already. Neither one of them need to be around Khaat or Brian right now."

"The sad thing is," Kate said, coming out for just a breath of air. "that while there was just anger at Jess, now there's more and more anger at both of them simply because they're keeping it going. If I have to send them off the ship to keep this from harming Brian, then I certainly will do that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Brant stood and listened and shook his head he was about to talk when Kate appeared and spoke. " might be better if you did but I think Robert needs Jess with him to help with Brian" he said then paused " hum but all that negativity isn't good in any form, they need to grow up and stop acting like five year olds, though I know a few five year olds that work better than those two right now." He added folding his arms across his chest.

He wanted to talk to Robert himself, but he also knew now was not the time to do it as he knew Robert and the rest of them needed to focus on Brian to help get him better for Khaat. " Hows Brian doing?" he asked softly as he moved a cushion and motioned for Kate to take that spot to sit down.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:35 pm

"Robert is working on stabilizing his vitals. If Robert's skills haven't gone rusty, his spells should be soon taking a strong enough hold that he might not have to maintain the tight life support that they've been doing," she said. "The trick will be in seeing whether Brian's systems will be able to respond for the long term or whether he'll slip again."

"That's something this family knows a great deal about," Michael said quietly, his mind going back to some very ugly memories.

"Yes, but Robert didn't give up," Kate said. "And it turned out he was right."

"I know we're letting you out on the history about that," Michael said. "When Remus died, Khaat was devastated. She wasn't close to Robert at that time. She was really only close to Remus and Brian. When Remus was killed, her grief nearly killed her. Robert fought for weeks to keep her alive. She was on life support spells off and on for days and days."

"Robert knows what its like to have the sole responsibility for making the choice about whether someone lives or dies," Kate said. "And he's not going to let go of Brian. Not a chance. I can promise you that hasn't even entered his mind."

"I presume if he were conscious that would increase his odds," Michael said.

"Not necessarily," Kate said. "All it really does at this point is to help Robert establish whether or not there was brain damage. It doesn't help with much more than that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 am

Brant listened to Kate and could not respond to it , she was right if it was going to cause to much problems they had to leave, but only Robert could make that choice. "Ow god, I hope hes not, that would devastate Khaat," He said softly as he lent back on the railings with his drink in his hand.

Cassidy and Steven stayed quiet nether wanting to speak but both having the same thought..what if he never wakes. Cassidy took Stevens hand in her own and looked to Kate worried. "When will Robert know for sure how things are going to be?" she asked
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:17 am

"He won't know that until Brian actually wakes," Kate said. "Even then, he's told me of cases where someone was disoriented and not clear headed at first but then were thinking better if they were given a bit of time."

"What Robert will want is to minimize any noise and stress around Brian. He's going to want Brian to focus on responding to Robert and nothing more. Its the only way Robert's going to have any idea about how alert Brian might be capable of becoming," Michael said. "And they may need to try it over and over before they make any headway with it."

"I'm not sure that's something Khaat should see, though," Kate said.

"No," Michael said. "I don't think so. It might be unpleasant. I suggest we just be honest with her. Belby will keep her away from any additional ugliness, I'm sure. Once he's out of lifethreatening danger, perhaps we need to encourage Belby to get her doing some other things that she can refocus her energies on besides worrying about Brian."

"Why don't you and Marcus take her to Tobias's when the worst is over?" Kate asked. "Maybe take her for a bite to eat at a sidewalk café?"

"Perhaps," Michael said, a bit skeptical. "I don't know that she'll willingly leave for a few days--at least until her arm is healed."

"Do we know how she broke it?" Kate frowned.

"Yes," Michael said quietly. "We do." He knew they were going to not be satisfied with Michael merely saying yes and not explaining, but it wasn't a painless explanation.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:42 am

Brant, Cassidy and Steven all looked at Michael nether said any more than what he had knowing he had deliberately kept the details out of it for her. Every one sat quiet Brant shook his head.

"Okay whose up for fishing tomorrow I personally want to catch a barracuda." He said trying to lighten the mood a little. "we can stand or sit moping its not what Brian would want" he said and looked at Kate. "Hey I never caught one before and I'd like to do that before my wedding in two weeks." he said quickly sipping his soda.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 am

"What will you do with it if you catch it?" Michael frowned. "They're not the best fish to eat. If you want to catch fish to eat, then look for tilapia. They can get up to 20 pounds, and they're great when they're grilled. And Angus has a fabulous Tuscan sea bass recipe. Haven't had it since the last time we were in Italy."

"As long as he's not making fish and chips, then its all good," Kate said. "Robert does not need that sort of greasy pub grub."

"After all he's done today, the man should be able to have all the fish and chips he wants, at least for one meal," Michael said. He looked at the stars overhead as the sun finally disappeared. "Going to be a beautiful night," he said. "The sky is going to be full of stars tonight."

"And its going to be nice and warm," Angus said, stopping on deck for a moment. He had two tea trays floating in front of him. "You all should take advantage of it and sleep on deck tonight. Rain is moving in late tomorrow afternoon and will be with us til the next morning."

"Should I read anything into the fact that you have two tea trays?" Kate asked.

"Only that Robert ordered Earl Gray, and Marcus ordered a pot of almond tea. I don't know that I would read anything into it. If you'll excuse me," he said, taking the tray downstairs.

When Angus got to Brian's room, Robert was sitting beside the bed, with a book on the bed. He had one hand on Brian, and was using his other hand to turn the page in the book he was reading.

"Is that even possible?" Angus frowned. "How can you read and use lifesupport both?"

"Lots of practice," Robert said dryly. "Keeps me awake when I start to drag. Nothing like a good book." Angus looked at the title of the book.

"Potions from the 11th Century? That's your interesting reading?" He frowned. "There really is something wrong with you." His eyesight caught a glimpse of Brian's breathing start to get a bit deeper.
"Is that supposed to happen?" Angus asked.

"It is if he's trying to come conscious," Robert said. "Now, no noise, no confusion. Let's just wait and see." Robert allowed the process to happen naturally. He was hoping to be able to see if Brian was awake and alert and able to think. Instead, Brian's eyes were only open for a moment before they fluttered shut again as he slipped into a deep, uncontrollable sleep.

"Is that good or not?" Angus asked.

"Well, technically, its a slight bit better," Robert said. "But lets not open the champagne yet. He's not out of the woods."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:34 am

Brant stood and thought about it and he could not fault Michaels logic. "Hum...Good fishing and a yummy meal, sounds good,Tilapia it is ." He said and nodded he turned to see Angus and the two trays. He frowned but at his response he chuckled. "there both nice teas" he said " Hes planning on staying up all night isn't he?" he asked knowing the caffeine would keep the strongest of person awake.

Steven and Cassidy watched Angus with the trays " yes but it also means things are possibly moving in the right direction if he isn't willing to leave his side." Cassidy said hoping she was right. Jess walked out of the room and looked back at Jack.

" I have to go relive Robert, I'll be back." she said and Jack nodded as he lay back on the bed one arm over his eyes they had done nothing but talk since entering the room he still didn't trust her but now they were talking civilly and not acting like children any more.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:24 am

"Yes," Kate said. "He will. He isn't going to leave him. Even if he had thought he might before, I knew he wouldn't be. Its just not his way. I wish he would, though. He does have help this time. And truth be told, he is still not in prime shape himself from the curse. Have you noticed how thin he still is? He's still having to seriously resize his clothes, and he needs to start feeling good enough to get back into the gym. I was hoping this trip would get him back into doing that, but that certainly hasn't happened."

"We just arrived on ship this morning, Kate," Michael said.

"Yes, well, I'm not going to hold my breath. I know what he's like when he gets like this," she said.

"Angus," Robert said, taking a new assessment on Brian. "Go tell Belby--gently--that Brian is conscious. Tell him we don't know anything new other than that, please."

"Of course. This other tea tray goes to them anyway." He took the tray across the hall.

Marcus had helped Khaat get out of the sundress she'd worn and he had helped her into a long coral colored chemise. He had talked her into simply relaxing in bed.

When the tea arrived, Marcus dropped just a couple of small drops of a sleeping potion, just enough to let her get very slightly sleepy so that she could doze lightly if she chose to. She was still in her own thoughts at the moment.

Marcus could tell Angus had news. He took a couple steps toward the cabin door and then looked at Angus.

"He's conscious," Angus said, too softly for her to hear. "Sleeping. We don't know anything about functioning level. Its just too soon."

"Thank you," Marcus said. "I'll tell her." He picked up her tea cup and took it to her as Angus let himself out again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:29 pm

the others nodded their heads " Hate to say but we all had noticed but didn't want to say anything. " Cassidy said to her knowing Brant had slipped some rejuvenation potion into the tea to try and boost his health even a little.

"and its why we're trying to get Jess and Jack to sort them selves out quickly so things can become professional again"Steven said as Cassidy and Brant nodded together. Jess returned to the room and looked at Robert with a smile.

"We're good now Robert," she said softly and moved to Brian placing her hand on his she looked at Robert "He woke for a moment" she said, to her it was hope at least, even a thin one was something.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 99 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 77 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top