Marriage is Murder - Page 14
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 14 of 99 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 56 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 am

"Knock it off, Jess," Brian said to her quietly. "Angus has been promoted to a position with double the pay of his old one. I told you a long time ago I needed him in other places and not the kitchen. This is my business decision that I needed to make. Stop taking this as if it was some personal slap in the face against you.

"The truth is that I am worth a great deal of money now, and all those multiple properties need good management. And that is a full time job. I am soon going to have eight kids and a ton of employees, and millions of galleons worth of income and expenses every year. I cant afford to have him in the kitchen anymore just because that's what he's always done.

"Why can't you all just wait for me to tell you what's going on and then be happy for him? Its a huge opportunity for him. Can't you all get yourselves together and be the professionals I hired you to be?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:38 am

Jack stood up and looked at Brian puzzled " we are and you did say that were okay with it hell were happy he's been promoted" Jack said " I'm not sure whats up with Jess but I don't think its got anything to do with Angus" Jack looked at jess who left the room. Cassidy looked at them both.

"Hey thats good news..isn't it? " she said and smiled looking at Steven who nodded.

"Yes it is," He said " means he can be active more and thats a good thing cassie" he said " Angus will be made up does he know yet?" Steven stood up and moved to face Brian.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:55 am

"He will have an office next to mine," Brian said, "down the hallway. I'm sure this will be more in line with what he wants. He's going to be out on the grounds more, he'll be making more visits to the other properties. And he'll actually have a couple of days off in a row from time to time. He's going to have time to sail and fish this summer. I sent him off to get the accounts that he needs. He'll be making an around the world trip today. If he were muggle it might take him a week or more. Its a good thing he can port."

Khaat had started to feel cagey. She wasn't sure why, but it had been fine when she had awakened and when she had been drinking coffee. But she got restless. She didn't know why.

Marcus laughed. "I think you need to get some fresh air while you can get it. Look. The sun is coming up. It going to be a beautiful day. And it's going to be warm. Let's go out."

He got out a pair of blue leggings and a white sweater and a tan spring jacket. "Get dressed. Let's go out. You and me," he said. "You're getting to be a fixture in this house."

"I thought I was supposed to be a fixture."

"As long as we can port home if you decide to have the babies at the last minute, we'll be fine. Besides, I happen to know Tobias has his Easter things at 30% off today, and he always gives you another 10%. We should go. We won't be gone long."

"Tobias," she smiled at the thought. "I haven't seen him in ages."

"I know," he grinned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:03 am

Jack and Steven grinned "O my, what will he do with all that time off, but yes sounds a sweet deal."Steven said as Jack nodded.

"He deserves it, hes worked hard for this" he said and picked up some toast and ate it smiling at Brian as were Cassidy and Steven both glad and happy for Angus. Cassidy moved to kitchen and brought some coffee for him.

"Here coffee Brian" she said handing him the cup " fresh made this morning" she added as she moved to Steven. Brant walked out half asleep and rubbing his eyes as he looked at every one and yawned but on smelling the coffee he smiled.

"Oow that smells wonderful, any left?" he asked and went to fetch a mug for himself.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:14 am

"I happen to know that he's been eyeing some boats again," Brian laughed. "Smaller ones he can just take out for pleasure. I bet he's going to get something he can dock in the village so he doesn't have to go very far. Though, I don't know why someone would boat in England if he could simply port over to the Mediterranean. That seems like a no brainer to me."

Marcus sent a note down to Brian that he and Khaat were going to Tobias's. Brian read the note and tucked it away. Perhaps some fresh air would do Khaat some good.

"Marcus is taking Khaat shopping in Venice. Good," Brian said. "As long as they stay out of trouble. And I think I should send for some decorations and furniture for Angus's new office. Perhaps a nautical them for him? What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:28 am

Jack chuckled and then listened to Brian mention Khaat was going out to Venice with Marcus. "Sure sounds like his thing " he said " we could help decorate it as a congratulations." He said smiling at Brian as Steven nodded that they wanted to do it for him. Brant stood holding his mug and sighed as he moved to take a seat.

Jack thought for a moment and smiled " I saw some nice nautical themed things in London" he said and Steven nodded.

" yes I remember" Steven said " you make a list and I can fetch it " he said grinning now " but not one word to Angus not until its ready"Jack and he both laughed " this will be so much fun but he deserves it."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:45 am

"Well, come and see the space first," Brian said. "Its smaller than my office but there's plenty of room. He's going to need a nice big desk, comfortable furniture, lamps, and a lot of shelf space for all the books and ledgers he's going to have. Quills, parchment, ink, sealing wax, a container of floo powder, oh--and I need to have another duplicate of my own seal made for him so that he can handle the finances at some of the other properties. Pretty much just the standard office equipment, really."

Marcus took Khaat to Venice for a light Italian breakfast. Pastries, fresh fruit, and delicious Italian roast coffee. It was light and refreshing and relaxing.

The flowers were already blooming here, and it was beautiful. She was happier here than in the gloom of England that was still wet and cold and soggy and gray. This was bright and alive and beautiful.

He took her to Tobias's shop. Tobias was thrilled to see her, and amazed to see how very pregnant she was. He helped her with some of the shopping she wanted.

He gave her, as a gift, two of the most magnificent lace bassinets she had ever seen--one for each baby--so she had the flexibility of keeping them close to her if she wanted to. They wouldn't have to remain in the cribs in the nursery. They could be with her in the bassinets.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:56 am

Jack and Steven nodded and Steven moved to take a look at the space returning he nodded " know just the one for there and don't worry Brian" he said Jack listened about the seal and thought long and hard.

"How would we do that?" he asked but Brant spoke up with a yawn.

"leave that to me " he said looking at Brian " I know some one who makes them he can make a duplicate and hes sanctioned to do so , so its all legal " he said and took another drink of his coffee looking at them both. " what... I have contacts" he added and chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:13 pm

"Sounds fine," Brian said. "I think I'll focus on a few pieces of artwork that I know he will love. Edward mentioned something about putting a porthole into the wall. I have no earthly idea why but I get the feeling this is some family joke, like the fruitcake that gets passed around from year to year that nobody wants to get. There's something mischievous about this porthole, and I'm not sure I want to know. But I told him he could put it up if he wants to.

In Tobias's, Khaat bought a t shirt for Brian, more as a joke than anything else. It said, "I am the proud father of my own quidditch team!"

Once Khaat and Marcus were done shopping, he treated her to gelato. She wasn't sure she wanted to go home, really.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:41 am

Both Jack and Steven looked at each other and shook there heads and chuckled at the idea of a port hole underground. " okay Steven will fetch the things and we'll or rather I'll decorate the room" he said and looked at each other walking off they made notes and Steven took off, while Jack headed down to the room.

Jim chuckled and smiled "Well that will keep them busy for a while" he said as Cassidy picked up Catlin and took her up stairs. Jack painted and returned just as Steven arrived and smiled.

" got everything? " he asked and he nodded " good go put it in place I'll be back once I am clean" he said and dove up stairs. He passed Brian and smiled " almost done with the room you can see it in about an hour" he added wiping light blue paint off his hands.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 99 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 56 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top