She had Something to Confess to
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

She had Something to Confess to Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

She had Something to Confess to

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

She had Something to Confess to Empty She had Something to Confess to

Post by Elisabeth North Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Elisabeth found herself yet again in the orchestra room, trying to clear her head, she had Dvorak's ninth symphony on her stand as she worked through the fourth movement. French bow in hand, she started the movement with the familiar Jaws theme feel, she continued and rather than playing the quarter notes, she played the horn melody, as it was much more interesting for her. She continued on smiling to herself at what she described as a pirate-ish theme as she reached rehearsal two, imagining the rest of the orchestra was with her. She skipped over the staggering 20 measures of rest and came in at their entrance after rehearsal three.

Suddenly the door to the orchestra room opened and she froze, halfway through the movement, was someone listening to her play that entire time? She placed her bow in its quiver, "Hello?" she asked kind of quietly, she drew her wand in case it was someone trying to sneak up on her, she didn't want to end up getting injured, though the 3/4 bass in front of her might block any spells. 

((OOC:
Dvorak's New World Symphony Movment Four:
))
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

She had Something to Confess to Empty Re: She had Something to Confess to

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:42 pm

"Don't worry, it's just me."

Nathan came closer to the girl who a few days ago he had found out was his fiance. Nathan still couldn't wrap his head around that thought, he had a fiance.. and not the one he had been hoping to have.

Wow.. that sounded a little more harsh than he had intended it to sound. Even if it was only in his head. Elisabeth wasn't a bad person to have as a fiance, but Nathan still hoped.. just a little bit, that he could end up with Charlie. Maybe he should stop hoping though. It was clear that he wouldn't be able to.

And if he continued thinking like that, he would make Elisabeth's life a living hell with him. That was the last thing he wanted. He wouldn't do that to her, he couldn't she didn't deserve something like that to happen to her. So Nathan was determined to make her happy, even if that meant giving up on any chance he could have with Charlie.

He hadn't meant to startle the blond when he walked into the room. He had only gone to practice a little bit. There was a big concert they were supposed to play soon - not that Nathan would be able to participate. By the time that concert came, he would have left the school. That new decree that all half-breeds had to leave the school was a real pain.

He was sure Elisabeth had heard about it and though he didn't want to worry her, Nathan was freaking out about it. He had no where else to go and he didn't know how things would work between him and her if he wasn't able to see her. In fact, he would see Charlie more than her he assumed, and that would end up causing problems for the three of them.

"Sorry.. I didn't mean to startle you." he told her softly. "You know. I like the way you play the bass." he smiled at her, taking a seat next to where she was.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth North Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 pm

Elisabeth was admittedly relieved that it was her fiance Nathan that had walked in, though she still barely knew him. She put her wand away, now that she knew that she wasn't in danger, she mumbled an embarrassed "Oh." when he explained it was him. 

Elisabeth sat down on her stool and positioned herself so she was somewhat hugging the bass, yet still sitting in an upright position. "It's okay," she reassured him quietly as she ran a hand through her hair, "I guess I was being a little on edge, the whole marriage thing is making me kind of stressed." she reasoned. She was caught by surprise at his compliment, "Y-you do?" she stuttered slightly and felt a blush shade her pale face, which she immediately tried to cover by moving some of her hair out from behind her ear. "T-thanks, I've been playing for almost nine years now." she added, "You play an instrument in the orchestra as well, right? I think I've seen you from across the room." she commented, not really quite sure what else to say. 

Elisabeth wished she wasn't so awkward, she'd have to try to be more outgoing. She wondered if Nathan noticed her awkwardness, and if he did what he thought of it. Elisabeth was over thinking things-again and she really needed to stop, it just added onto her stress. Elisabeth ran her right hand over the top of the basses neck as she held it, stopping at the base where the neck met the body and held her hand there for the time being.
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:35 am

It hadn't taken long for him to notice how awkward Elisabeth was about everything. But that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, he thought it was adorable and that was what made her.. well, her. He liked her awkwardness, in all honesty.

Nathan found it a bit odd that he was already used to being around her yet he still didn't know much about her. He figured it was just the vibe she gave off. There was something that he suddenly remembered he was going to have to tell her about himself eventually.

He was a Werewolf.

He wondered how she would react to that. How would she react to his secret? To the fact that he was a filthy mutt, that had this need to turn anyone near him if he could get to them and the only way to stop himself from doing that was to drink some stupid potion? Nathan didn't want to think about it, but eventually the topic would have to be brought up. He just had to find a way to do it without frightening her.

"You're really talented," Nathan told her softly, leaning forward to brush a stray stand of hair out of her face and behind her ear. His hand lingered on her hair for a moment before he caught himself and quickly lowered his hand before moving away from her. He nodded at her question and cleared his throat before he answered her.

"Yeah. I play piano." he answered. "I've only played it for about three years. I've played drums longer, but I can't play them in the orchestra." he added with a sigh. "I normally play them at home when I have time." he told her.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth North Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:30 am

Elisabeth felt her blush intensify as Nathan moved a strand of hair away from her face, then behind her ear. She really needed to get used to actually having physical contact with other people, especially since she'd be married soon. "T-thank you, that really means a lot to me." she replied to his compliment, stuttering slightly as a shy smile found its way through the blush that had now completely shaded her face. She was honestly surprised that none of her animagus features had come out yet, she wasn't nervous for once, and it was strange, but really relieving to know that she wouldn't suddenly have her teeth, eyes, or ears change in the middle of their conversation. 

She nodded, having remembered him playing piano in orchestra now, "You don't play timpani or vibraphone then?" she asked, curiously, the Ravenclaw in her showing. "How long have you played drums?" she asked, hoping she hadn't asked too soon after her last question. She was feeling a bit more relaxed than she was before, music was one of the things she could talk about freely.

((OOC: Sorry that its shortish))
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:03 am

Nathan smiled when he saw her blush get worse when he moved the strand of her hair. It was normal for him to think that a girl who blushed was cute, but for some reason.. Elisabeth blushing was so much more adorable to him. Nathan blinked and lowered his gaze quickly to make it seem like he hadn't been looking at her.

"Er.. No. I preferred to play piano. I don't really like playing those types of drums. I like them when they're in like.. rock bands or things like that." he explained. "I'm a bit of a weird person when it comes to music." he added. "I've played drums basically my whole life." he answered. "Since I was about five, maybe." he said.

He loved talking about music, and he was glad that he could do it so easily with Elisabeth, but he was still trying to find a way to tell her about what he was. It was hard to say. It was frightening to say something like that though. What if she ended up rejecting him after she knew?

He wouldn't blame her. A human girl would probably be terrified of him if she saw him as a Werewolf. He couldn't do that to her. But this law was bounding them together and there was no way to get out of it. Unless they petitioned but there was barely a reason for them to do that. Besides, it was only a fear he had.

Right..?
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth North Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:23 am

Elisabeth nodded, "I understand, my younger brother plays drums, and he despises playing any orchestral instruments." she commented, "Do you listen to any muggle bands?" She inquired, "I listen to this one called Muse, they've been around for a while, but my mother listened to them when she was my age, so she has all of their older albums." she explained.

Elisabeth came up with an idea a short while after her last question, something she had read about in a book a while back, and she figured it may help them a little bit. "I was thinking," she said, glancing down a bit more, "a while back, in this book I was reading, these two people were trying to get to know each other better, and they did so by asking each other questions." she continued, "Such as, I would ask you when your birthday is, but first I would state mine." she explained, glancing back up again, "Does that make sense? I'm sorry if it's a bad idea, we don't have to do it if you don't want to." she finished, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

Elisabeth wasn't really one to engage in small talk all that often, or any talk at all for that matter. Most of the time she just kind of kept quiet and blended into the background, she was sure that half of the people in her year probably didn't even know she existed, maybe the other Ravenclaws, but other than that it was doubtful that anybody would know who someone was talking about if they even mentioned her name.
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:08 am

Nathan nodded. "I do. One of my favorites is a band called Panic! At The Disco." he told her. "Their music is so strange but I just love it. Their lyrics sometimes really connect with me and I just love them." he added. He thought it might be weird to mention that the lead singer was like his man-crush.

No Nate. Save the weirdness for when you two actually know each other better. His mind chimed in. Nathan couldn't get ahead of himself there. He couldn't freak her out. Not with these types of things, especially when he was going to have to freak her out completely with revealing what he actually was.

No one said he had to tell her. But he figured it would eventually be obvious when he disappeared once a month for multiple days. She might even end up thinking that he was having an affair with someone else. He didn't want her thinking that he was that type of person. Because he wasn't.

"Um.. Before we do any of that.." he told her softly. "I think there's something you should know about me." he added with a shaky sigh. It was better to get it over with rather than let everything linger in his mind.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth North Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Elisabeth smiled, "I've heard of them, I like a couple of their songs, Write Sins Not Tragedies is one of them, and the other is The Ballad of Mona Lisa, if I remember correctly." she commented, "Its been so long since I've actually heard a muggle band, I wish I had a muggle iPod that worked here." she finished. "Muse has always been my favorite band, though I've never seen them in concert, I've never seen anyone in concert though, my father doesn't like me going to see muggle bands." she explained.

Elisabeth sat silently, glancing towards the ground as Nathan was contemplating her idea, hoping he didn't hate it, sometimes she was too paranoid, and she needed to work on making herself less paranoid, though sometimes paranoia could be a good thing. She brought her head back up and faced him as he started talking again, "What is it? You can tell me anything considering we're to be married soon." she reassured him, glancing down and then back up again. She never thought of herself as being someone who was reassuring, but maybe it was different when you were talking to the person you were supposed to marry. 

Elisabeth noticed the shakiness in Nathan's voice and put her bass down gently, so she didn't break it if something happened. Now that she didn't have her hands on her bass, she just set them in her lap, not sure where else to put them at this point.
Elisabeth North
Elisabeth North
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:05 am

"Those are some pretty good songs, but they're kind of old. Not kind of. REALLY old." Nathan said, trying to be a little bit funny to keep them from feeling as awkward as this seemed to be to him. It was probably because of what he was going to tell her. Nathan didn't really know how to put it into words. It was hard for him to do, especially since not a lot of people who knew him knew he was a Werewolf.

It was something that he liked to keep secret, except from his really close friends. Like Caspian, Charlie, Olivia and the rest of his group of friends. Okay, so maybe a lot more people than he thought knew, but they'd have to be really close to him to know. In fact, his stepmother still didn't know that he was a Werewolf. His father never thought it was a good idea to let her know, so she was never told. Instead Nathan just doesn't spend those nights every month with them. He gets sent to one of his friend's houses. Although recently it seemed like his stepmother found out somehow.

The Hufflepuff shook his head quickly when he realized that he'd stopped mid-conversation and he cleared his throat. "But I prefer some of their kind of new songs. Like Miss Jackson, Nicotine and Vegas Lights." he continued explaining, hoping he'd played his being distracted off well enough that she wouldn't really care. But he remembered that he'd told her he had to tell her something and he sighed.

"Anyways.. What I have to tell you is something really important." he told her, quickly changing the subject. "Just don't freak out on me about it or anything." He took a deep breath. "I'm not human." he started, hoping that didn't freak her out. "I'm a.. a Werewolf." he added, looking at the floor.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum