When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace - Page 2 Empty Re: When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace

Post by Katie Knight Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Kate nodded and smiled. "Yeah I guess you could say that."said Katie honestly before chuckling. Katie was always close to her brother and the guys, it been that way since she was little. "Like my mum always told me, family doesn't end with blood!" said Katie softly. It was true, a Katie had her own famly with the guys, Kenneth and her mother. "You know I can kind of relate to him, my father left when I was two and Shane's left when he was seven I think." said Katie.

Katie looked at him and shook her head. "I have chocolate frogs, pumpkin juice licorice wands, you name it."said Katie smiling at him. "I didn't know if you were coming or not, but you know me I love sweets!"said Katie chuckling. "I came prepared, I honestly didn't know how long I'll be out here."said Katie honestly. Katie usually wasn't out this late, she was usually inside by then but she was sometimes out pass midnight but not usually. Katie wasn't a cold person, she liked the warmness more then anything but Fall was her favorite season. She just the different color of the trees and she loved that it was warm.

Laying back down on her blanket Katie looked at the moon and stars and sighed. "I didn't come out here because of the girls, I came out here to think as well."said Katie softly. "I see my brother and the guys get paired off and have friends like it's nothing, why not me?" Katie asked him softly. "Is there something wrong with me Cupid?"Katie.asked him softly. Katie didn't know what it was, but she wanted friends like the guys had but she didn't and she didn't know why.though
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace - Page 2 Empty Re: When the moon and stars collide that's when I'll be in peace

Post by Rosanna Parker Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:03 am

"Like my mum always told me, family doesn't end with blood!"

Blood. Cupid used to think blood was everything when he was younger, he was so wrapped in wanting to know more about his Father as though it was gospel. Now? Katie's Mum was right: family doesn't end with blood. Nor does family begin with blood. The man whose blood ran through his veins mean't nothing. He hadn't had a conscious impact on Cupid's life.

Despite not having a Father Cupid had, to other children, an envious childhood. His sister, Rebecca was his best friend and together they had explored the land around their manor house then as they grew up and started to become more adventurous the pair had journeyed into neighboring forests and cornfields.

Cupid had enjoyed the service of a house elf, as old as she was getting, she kept the house in which he lived spotless and the meals she made were to die for, much like those at the Hogwarts' feasts. In addition to that she would make his bed, fold his clothes, sneak comfy Copper bed warmers into his mattress during the winter and tidied away his toys in the evening. You could say he was a prince.

But there was always that one thing Cupid never had: a Father. He never had much attention from his Mother either. Of course she loved him and mothered him at any chance she got, but she wasn't always around. Having a job such high up in the Ministry left her little time in the evenings to play with her children, teach them or read them a bedtime story. That is what Cupid's Grandma had been for and it was because of that he shared such a close bond with her.

Cupid stared for a moment, entranced by the moon and lost in thought before he heard Katie mention her Dad had left her. So he wasn't alone, the only child in the world to lose a Father. 'My Dad left too.' Was his delayed response. Cupid couldn't remember if Katie knew that, probably not the two had only become closer friends over the past year or so and it wasn't a common topic of conversation.

'Oh, chocolate frogs!' The Slytherin said excitedly changing the subject as he reached out and grasped hold of the wrapper. Unwrapping the frog he clutched it tightly in his hand to prevent it escaping. 'Funny aren't they?' He said, smiling down as it attempted to leap from his hand.

Taking a bite he smiled at Katie. 'So good, I owe you.' He told her before continuing with his treat and staring down at the famous witch and wizard card before him: Ronald Weasley. One day Cupid wanted to be the face of a Famous Witch or Wizard Card. Perhaps, one day he would be staring back at himself. That was the dream.

Taking a licorice wand he listened as Katie expressed her true reasons for being outside. He was never good at giving good advice about peoples feelings, sure he loved to be in the thick of attention and get involved but he wasn't always open about how he truly felt. 'There's nothing wrong with you.' He told her, lying back and looking at her. 'It's just, you're time hasn't come yet. One day you'll have just as many friends as them, who knows maybe that'll be next week.'

Cupid had to admit, he couldn't imagine the Ravenclaw's being as social in the common room as the other houses. The Gryffindors loved to be around each other, forever bouncing off of each other and getting excited and staying up late playing games. The Hufflepuff's were all about family and friends, then the Slytherin's. They weren't close nor distant. There were people in the house who were useful to be around, some were simply good company, but when you're in a house of ambitious people the friendship ties aren't always as solid as you'd expect. Still, there were always people to talk to. Finally, it came back to the Ravenclaw's. No doubt they preferred to study and keep themselves to themselves.

'You should come to the wizard chess club, or maybe join the choir?' Cupid suggested, sitting up once more to indulged in another chocolate frog (This time getting Uric The Oddball).
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:20 am

Katie's childhood wasn't the best in the world, but she wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Of course they lived in a apartment in London, but her mother was working her way to get them a house. Not that she cared, she thought her apartment she lived in was nice and cozy with her, Kenneth, her mum and Shane. Although she didn't think that Cupid knew about her living standards, but she honestly didn't care what people thought of her. She wasn't rich but she wasn't poor she was simply happy.

Although she always wondered what her life would be like she had a life like her others she knows had, a house elf and a big fancy house. But then again, some of people she knows were spoiled and down right rude at times. Although some of them weren't but most of them were due to be raise by a silver spoon. Katie loved her life the way it was, she wouldn't know what to do if she was rich. Katie never had money to do what she wanted to do, but she always gotten pretty much what she wanted by her mother.

Katie never knew her father, but what Kenneth told her he wasn't never really of a father anyways. That was probably one of the reasons why her and Kenneth were so close, he stepped up and became the men of the house. He took care of Katie when his mother was at work alot before Shane came into the picture. When Shane came into the picture, him and Kenneth took care of her which was why she was so close to Shane as well. But when she started school, she became close to the other guys and she started having her own family which included her mum, Kenneth and her three 'like' brothers to her.

Katie looked at Cupid and frowned. "I'm sorry, Cupid."said Katie softly but honestly. "No one deserve to be left, I just don't understand why they left."said Katie softly. "I guess me and Shane aren't alone then."said Katie softly looking at the night sky before her. "I'm just glad someone understands me now."said Katie looking at Cupid and smiling. For the longest time, Katie didn't have a friend or someone to talk to that understood her that was her age.

Katie giggled as Cupid begin to wrestle with the chocolate frog. "Yes they are quite funny, but not as funny as watching you wrestle it!"said Katie giggling.

Katie chuckled and shook her head. "Don't mention it, I hoped you'll be here so I packed mine and your favorites."said Katie shrugging as if it wasn't nothing. Katie looked at him and laughed. "Yeah right Cupid lets get real here, I'm mean according to some people in our year!"said Katie honestly. "Maybe I'm just to honest."said Katie sighing.

"Us Ravenclaws aren't very sociable."said Katie softly but honestly. "We spend most of our time reading alone."said Katie. "At lease I do, I guess that's why I don't have many friends cause I'm weird."said Katie chuckling. "Although I don't call it weird, I call it unique!"said Katie chuckling softly.

Katie looked at him and shrugged. "I could do that, I think I'll join the Wizard Chess club other then the choir, I'm not a singer like my brother is."said Katie honestly. "Maybe I might join the Quidditch team, maybe they need a Chaser."said Katie softly. "I could join Potter's Army as well, but I don't know but my brother is in it."said Katie.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:58 pm

For some reason, the words that Katie spoke were more than heard by Cupid, they were understood. It was weird, he'd never really had a relationship like this with anyone but his sister and it's not as though they ever talked about her Father. Why had their Father left them? Why had Katie's Father left too?

'I hope I don't leave.' Cupid said, staring up at the moon still. He had once read that men who were raised by a single Mother have the tendency to leave, something to do with their subconscious. Not that Cupid read often, but it was something that had stuck with them. He didn't want to be his Father, he didn't want to leave. Then again Cupid knew different. Cupid knew that his Father had wanted to stay, that he had wanted to be his Dad his Mum simply won custody. This was Cupid's secret, a secret not Rebecca nor his Mum was aware of.

'That's the problem with the house system, we don't get to meet other people who aren't like us.' It was something Cupid had thought about before not too long ago. Nearlly everyone in his house was hungry for some sort of ambition: fame, power, a career. For Cupid it was fame. Surrounded by a bunch of other fame-hungry people perhaps encouraged his determination, or maybe it didn't give him a diverse education of what is really out there, after all you can learn just as much from other people who are different to you than you can from a textbook - in some cases more.

'Unique?' Cupid grinned, raising an eyebrow jokingly. 'Becca's a keeper on the team, should I ask for you?' The Slytherin offered, not needing to explain that Becca was his sister - Katie already knew that and chances are she was already aware that she was a Keeper for the Ravenclaw Team. Everyone knew who the Quidditch players were, it was a one way ticket to popularity. It was just a shame Cupid had never managed to get over his fear of flying.

Potters Army. Cupid had heard of it, but he didn't know much about it exactly. All he knew was that it was a 'secret' student club that was dedicated to... well, Cupid didnt know exactly what the clubs aims were. 'What even if Potters Army?' He asked whilst he picked up another chocolate frog.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Katie looked from the moon to him. "You won't Cupid, your better then them."said Katie softly. "Your better then then Cupid, weather you believe it or not."said Katie honestly. Katie didn't understand why her father left her, wasn't she good enough for him? Katie didn't know, but all she knew was that she hated her father more then anything. Although she was sure that she wasn't the only one who hated her father.

Although she thought it was weird that she finally met someone who hated their father other then her, Kenneth and Shane. But then again Shane had a good reason to hate his father, way better then any of them really. But despite that, Katie was glad she had someone who understood how she felt.

Katie rolled her eyes playfully at him and gave him a playful shove. "Yes unique but you probably think I'm weird!"said Katie. "If you could that'll be great Cupid!"said Katie softly. "Don't worry if I make the team I won't forget about you!"said Katie honestly. She knew some people once they become a Quidditch player they forgotten all about their friends but Katie wasn't going to do that.

Katie shrugged at his reply. "I honestly don't know really."said Katie honestly. "From what Kenneth told me, it's a secret group that meets up in the Room of Requirements and pratice different kind of spells, they also fight against the dark followers and protect Hogwarts or something like that!"said Katie. "Sounds interesting, I might join."said Katie honestly.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:10 am

So Potters Army was more than just a club, it was as the name suggests: an army. No doubt named after Harry Potter, which automatically suggests it's to do with defending something, finding justice, fighting and doing something recklessly admirable. Something recklessly admirable was one way Cupid wanted to be known in history. It was bold, adventurous and a mark of greatness.

'It does sound interesting.' He mused, pressing his lips together and narrowing his eyes in thought. It was beginning to cross his mind that it could be useful to join. No doubt they were always at the thick of the action within Hogwarts, adding an extra level of popularity. Come to think of it, Cupid was sure the students who took part in the battle of the shrieking shack last year were from the group. People had talking about them for weeks, months even. The Slytherin wanted to be known longer than a few weeks, months. He wanted years, a life time if possible in the limelight and a few weeks here and there was certainly a good way to get his name on the map.

The next generation of witches and wizards were sleeping in the castle right this moment. That was only part of the competition, outside the castle were legends who had lasted years, such as the likes of the Lupin's, the Potter's, Weasley's even the Belby's had their name out there to an extent. Soon: The Litherland's. Cupid Litherland. He wouldn't be ashamed of being called 'Cupid', one day the people sleeping in the castle would be naming their children Cupid in hope their sons took after him. He wanted to be great and Potter's Army could be the first step on his path of greatness.

There was, however, a sang. The room of requirement was it? Cupid had never heard of such a room even after the many explorations of the castle he'd undergone. Then Katie said that Shane was a part of it, no doubt with another bunch of Gryffindor's and it wasn't exactly a secret that the Gryffindor's and Slytherin's didn't get along. It was almost a tradition you might say.

'I doubt so much they'd let me join.' Cupid muttered in disappointment as he collected up the wrappers and wizards cards, placing them in his coat pocket. 'Want to walk back? I'm getting cold.' He added, rising to his feet and withdrawing his wand. 'Lumos.'
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:19 am

Potter's Army was a way to become popular, after the battle that went on seemed like alot of people gotten popular because of it. Katie just wanted to be like her brother was, popular and had alot of friends like he had. Katie didn't know what she was doing wrong, but Kenneth seemed to get new friends every week. Katie guess it was because she was also shy as well, despite that she didn't look it.

Katie nodded in agreement. "Indeed it does, Kenneth been begging me to join it for the longest time."said Katie honestly. "He said it'll get me friends and help me with dueling and stuff."said Katie shrugging. "You know, one of my friends were tortured in the shrieking shack last year, she was part of Potter's Army as well as the others that saved her."said Katie honestly. "Is that what we need to do Cupid, join Potter's Army and save people?"Katie asked him softly.

Katie wanted to be known, she wanted to be known as a great witch. She honestly wanted to be like the next Hermione Granger who was smart and clever for her age. She was also Katie's role model and she always looked up to her. She knew of Sophia Granger, another girl who was like Hermione Granger and was well known. She had tons of trophies around school from being Prefect to Headgirl and speical service to the school as well as her name under a few Quidditch awards.

"You never seen the room of requirements?'Katie asked him softly seeing his amazed look. "I'll have to show you where it is sometimes."said Katie softly. "I been there a few times, Kenneth showed me where it was at one day."said Katie.

Katie shook her head. "There tons of Slytherins that joined, I bet they would."said Katie softly. Katie nodded. "Yeah lets go back, I'm starting to getr cold to.'said Katie honestly. As a shiver ran through her she wrapped her blanket closer to her.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:40 am

Join Potters Army a save people? Cupid had forgotten there was that element to the society. It wasn't his primary intention although it would be kind of cool to save a life, it'd be something that the fifth year would be remembered for. It'd be a story parents told their children, perhaps one day Cupid's dream of being famous could be thanks to Potter's Army.

'Yeah.' Cupid replied, half-falsely to Katie. It wasn't exactly a lie, although it was a lie for him to tell Katie it wasn't ultimately for personal gain. Then again, he didn't need to tell her, if he didn't tell her then he wasn't lying. 'Perhaps we'd get a famous witch and wizard card ourselves. He added, twiddling the Ronald Weasley in his pocket with his fingers.

'What exactly is the room of requirement?' Cupid asked, holding his lit wand out in front to guide the pair of them back to the castle. Clouds had drifted across the moon and the slight spitting of rain was pattering on Cupid's coat.

'Maybe I will join.' Cupid said, nodding to himself as the sight of the huge oak doors approached. The only thing that would probably stop him would be his sister. Already he was part of the wizard chess club, which didn't bother her too much, but an illegal activity would surely bend her the wrong way if it could affect his school work and the chances are that it would. Not that he wouldn't pass his OWL's he was smart. Inherited intelligence he called it. 'Are you definitely joining?' Cupid asked, coming to a stop at the large oak doors and giving them a hard push.

The warmth of air that greeted them was enough to send Cupid to sleep it was that soothing in comparison to the bitter wind and raindrops - something Cupid didn't like in the slightest. 'Are you tired yet?' The Slytherin asked, unsure whether they should head back to bed and sleep or nip down to the kitchens for more treats, or... A new idea had rouse to him. 'How about we go to the room of requirement?'
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:00 am

Katie raised her eyebrows at Cupid's reply. She had a feeling Cupid wanted to join Potter's Army for more then just saving people. She honestly wanted to become popular to, a bit of a secret of hers. Maybe just maybe Potter's army and the quidditch team was her answer. Maybe that was what she needed to do all along is join Potter's Army and the Quidditch team. It seemed that her and Cupid were after almost the same thing in life.

Katie chuckled when he asked what the Room of Requirements was. "It's just a room that meets your needs really."said Katie honestly. "You pass the wall three times and it appears into the room you desire."said Katie simply. "I used it alot to read and be alone at times."said Katie honestly.

Katie shrugged at his question. "I don't know. I might join."said Katie honestly. "I been neutral for so long, I don't know what right and what's wrong."said Katie honestly. "Although I trust what my brother says about it, he nevers lies to me."said Katie softly. "Maybe I'll join and give it a shot."said Katie honestly but quietly.

Katie shook her head. "Surprisingly no I'm not tired, are you?"Katie asked him softly. When he asked to go to the Room of Requirements she smirked. "Sure, we'll go to the kitchen and get some more snacks before going!"said Katie.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:42 am

Cupid tilted his head in though, a fine smile slowly forming in awe on his face. Katie spoke of the room in such a casual manner, as if it were no big deal. The idea of a room that would do anything to meet the users needs was beyond impressive to Cupid, in fact he was surprised he hadn't heard of it already - it seemed exactly the kind of room the Slytherin's would love. Then again perhaps it was best people not knowing? Some of Cupid's house mates were bound to abuse the rooms power and transform it into something more than a simple place to read. 

'I think I might talk to Becca first, before I join.' Cupid nodded as the two headed into the direction of the basement corridor to restock their supply of confectionary. Becca and Cupid were close, they were closer than close being all each other had growing up. Sure the pair could have their moments, especially in the heat of competition, but all emotions aside the two got on more than people thought. For one she still called him Rob which, to anyone who didn't know them well enough, wouldn't understand how this made them close. It was a symbol of how far back the pair went and how their love and bond hadn't wavered a single bit. 

Cupid wasn't sure how Becca would take it. No doubt she'd want him to focus on his studies first bit she couldn't talk the idea down too much, after all a fair share of her friends were members of Potters Army. Although, Cupid paused in thought, maybe Becca had a better standing if she opposed Cupid's desire to join - no doubt his Ravenclaw sister would know more about it than him.

Alas the pair had reached the still life portrait of a bowl of fruit, a big green pair being the centrepiece. Cupid extended his empty hand, his wand still shining in the other, and tickled the pear. It squirmed for a moment or two before freezing and transforming into a green handle. With a big pull the Slytherin pulled open the portrait leaving a hole for them to clamber through. 'After you.' Cupid gestured with a smile. 
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top